Unreal Engine The Running of the Wolves [Beta v2.2.1] [Methodia Rascal]

1.00 star(s) 4 Votes

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
CNc_Yf.jpg

Overview:
Every year, Pineridge holds it's annual Running of the Wolves Festival.
In some parts of the world, this kind of thing might be about running away from a stampede of Bulls or something.
Pineridge does it very differently.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thread Updated: 2024-07-15
Release Date: 2024-07-08
Developer: Methodia Rascal -
Censored: No
Version: Beta - 2.2.1
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - - -

olBvQM.jpg 2fueOr.jpg LSbd94.jpg 6BNbid.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 10, 2019
it needs work, but I love the idea. if there is really going to be other AI players running around that would be pretty interesting to see how each out come of play would be. maybe you work together? maybe you push someone down and run as they get gang banged?

Nghtly

Sep 9, 2019
Love it as a proof of concept, but this one is going to take years in the kitchen before something even relatively palatable comes of it. Regardless, always love a nice 3D title running through my feed, especially one that takes run-or-rape at a very literal face value.

NyaaRrar

Jan 18, 2019
First of all that only wolf animation needs fixed. And going by dev doc basic things such as physics on the player and on the wolves are going to take awhile to add unless that Patreon goes somewhere.

Captain Crash

Oct 19, 2017
I can hardly even judge this game because it runs so badly. I can play stuff like Wild Life and Lustland Adventure with decent performance but this game chugs even though the models and environment are way less detailed. Can only assume the optimization is horrible.

eugeneloza

Jan 2, 2022
Go to Options and set all to "minimum". Plus the author released the patch on itch.io which fixes the bug with sticking in the ground, and (maybe, I didn't read attentively) some optimization issues. I didn't try it myself though.

Apart from that, the game isn't much fun, but playable. IMHO the biggest problem is "no goal/reward" and unpolished core mechanics (stealth isn't fun as it should be).

NyaaRrar

Jan 18, 2019
Go to Options and set all to "minimum". Plus the author released the patch on itch.io which fixes the bug with sticking in the ground, and (maybe, I didn't read attentively) some optimization issues. I didn't try it myself though.

Apart from that, the game isn't much fun, but playable. IMHO the biggest problem is "no goal/reward" and unpolished core mechanics (stealth isn't fun as it should be).
The issue is the demo released without the core combat mechanics. This is a dungeon crawler without any combat because the game currently is a tech demo, this isn't a stealth game. I don't call this a game demo really because the game hasn't even been put together yet. You aren't meant to hide, if you wanted to avoid combat you'd navigate around rooms completely not try to sneak pass enemies in rooms. The struggle mechanic is all that there is currently in ways of dealing with enemy mobs.

eugeneloza

Jan 2, 2022
The Running of the Wolves is planned to be a sort of singleplayer stealth/adventure hybrid with roguelike elements.
That's from itch.io, and that's how I understood the game in those few minutes I played it - and that's what enticed me to play it, I like stealth games.
Technically you can even knock out enemies, but without a crosshair I managed to only once (amount of stones is limited) :D And I was left with concept that "actual combat" is not even planned, but again, I may be wrong: the game wasn't really fun to play (so far) and therefore I wasn't paying much attention.

NyaaRrar

Jan 18, 2019
That's from itch.io, and that's how I understood the game in those few minutes I played it - and that's what enticed me to play it, I like stealth games.
Technically you can even knock out enemies, but without a crosshair I managed to only once (amount of stones is limited) :D And I was left with concept that "actual combat" is not even planned, but again, I may be wrong: the game wasn't really fun to play (so far) and therefore I wasn't paying much attention.
From the Trello Phase 2 has combat mechanics. The player will be able to attack and defend and the AI will be able to attack and defend. I suppose the stealth mechanic would come into play when there are too many mobs to fight off in one location.

Reactions: eugeneloza

Xenon-San

Jun 16, 2017
furries and running ?...
so it's a Sonic spinoff but without it's toxic fan base ?
great, just make sure you do the running thing correctly it's super wobbly in original

1.00 star(s) 4 Votes