3.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Pollylaff

Jul 17, 2021
For a first game it's pretty good. Of couse what's already there lacks polishing, but I'm curious to see how this develops

Reactions: DocRipper

DocRipper

Dec 27, 2021
OK... I tried your game and think you need to add a few things. When you fall to far a notification you are dead, disabled or need time to get back up (all three are silly break the law of "you fell to far and therefore can't continue") and a restart at the last checkmark button unless your goal is to see how little support you can get. Some on screen "map" to show points of interest unless you can turn the crappy graphics to realistic so we can see where things actually are. Lighter fog so we can see 20 feet. A jump that isn't almost straight up and down so when we jump to the next hill while moving there is no "bump" from dropping onto the next hill.
And finally a playable game that isn't so frustrating we quit after 10 tries.
I agree with the "game over" notification (+add auto-load from the latest save).
Bugs are terrible. Climb, grab, everything has to be perfect and at the right angle, otherwise the player gets stuck...constant fighting with controls.
Point of interest..I don't know ..map/mini-map could spoil the classic 90's style - less is sometimes more, be part of the game, explore, rewarding secrets). Maybe Lara could at least say something when she reaches some point, like "Hmm, this looks interesting", "Right hole or left hole? Why not both?":D

Reactions: Ryproar and JKDDio

TanyaC

May 11, 2022
Developer: DongRider - -
after the plane crash when I started to control the protagonist, I moved forward and later on I tried to get down in a certain place, she fell and died, and was lying there and there is no way to even go back to the game because there is no option to go to a starting point and start over again.... in fact there is no way to exit the game and the option to press Esc does not appear in the exit menu.... this game needs to be improved a lot, correcting when you die so you can start over .:FacePalm:

TanyaC

May 11, 2022
relly broken^^
Menu frezz her work nothing XD
first a control info who helpful
what a broke Menü i give up .
Make a playble game this version it tottal broken
The same thing here, I died when I fell down the mountain and had no way to return to the beginning to start over, the game was completely poorly designed.

umbrellacorp3344

Jul 5, 2024
So, I found the save (press down or S in the ESC menu...) Figured out that 'E' is how you save. Loaded my saves until I got past the white T platform. The next jump I have tried from every angle. I'm guessing this is impossible because there is nothing beyond this point and you don't want people to realize that's the end of the demo. You hope people just rage quit. Feels like a scummy carnival game that's rigged to lose. If I'm wrong please post a video or guide on how to get past that jump.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: RUSSIAN MAFIA

makki395

May 8, 2023
9 from 10 times i cant even get the game to start cuz all blackscreen never played such a bad game lol

kerrigan666

Dec 23, 2018
You made an animation and you play it on a bugged game...
Just make animation it will be better i think.

DocRipper

Dec 27, 2021
The same thing here, I died when I fell down the mountain and had no way to return to the beginning to start over, the game was completely poorly designed.
It's incredibly buggy, but if you follow the crappy rules of the game, it's playable... save, save, save and keep in mind that a 10cm fall will kill you.

So, I found the save (press down or S in the ESC menu...) Figured out that 'E' is how you save. Loaded my saves until I got past the white T platform. The next jump I have tried from every angle. I'm guessing this is impossible because there is nothing beyond this point and you don't want people to realize that's the end of the demo. You hope people just rage quit. Feels like a scummy carnival game that's rigged to lose. If I'm wrong please post a video or guide on how to get past that jump.
Its classic TR style from PS1, press down and you will have new menu with save/load, "e" is universal "use" button.
Of course it looks unnatural on PC.

There are two paths -right (bottom, pit) is pretty hard (that jump is impossible). The left path is better.
It is possible to finish it, the end of the map "continue..." exists (cave behind the river).

Last edited:

PawgLara

Dec 12, 2020
Scottish lara here we go!
funny game, nice scene tho.
If you continue with this game and improve graphics, put more scenes w humans as well ofc.
I see potential.

Reactions: RUSSIAN MAFIA

umbrellacorp3344

Jul 5, 2024
Its classic TR style from PS1, press down and you will have new menu with save/load, "e" is universal "use" button.
Of course it looks unnatural on PC.

There are two paths -right (bottom, pit) is pretty hard (that jump is impossible). The left path is better.
It is possible to finish it, the end of the map "continue..." exists (cave behind the river).
Thanks! Just finished it.

Notes to the developer:

You have a ton of holes in your map. Lower path if you jump down into the pit on the left side you can walk right out of the map. Start area left side before the first drop there is a hole between the hills. If you crouch in the river you can crawl under the wall and fall to your death. These are just the ones I found. If you die out of bounds it's impossible to evoke the ESC menu.

You HAVE to mark things like "E to save" "W or DOWN to access menu". You have to list "E to grab edge" and "X to crouch" to the 'Controls" section. Yes, some of these things are in other games or are seen as universal, but if it's not included in the 'Controls' section or stated anywhere then people don't know these mechanics exist.

The right path has either a broken jump or a nearly impossible jump. That needs to be adjusted. It's also impossible to backtrack out of the pit if you went that direction as some of the jumps are impossible when climbing back out.

Spelling/localization: It's "Title" not "Titel". It's "To Be Continued..." not "Continue...". "Continue..." implies that you have more content.

When the player dies it needs to say something on the screen to prompt the player how to proceed, maybe "E to load last save" or it should automatically load from the last save. It's ridiculous to leave her squirming on the ground indefinitely.

You need to change the logic of fall damage. It's fucked. It shouldn't be determined by what animation she's in or the amount of time the player is "falling". From what I can tell that's how it currently works. It should be determined by the distance the player falls.

That's all I can think of. Good luck.

ProxyDark

Sep 17, 2018
Unity devs really need to have the games start in windowed mode as a default, since they don't use a launcher.
Jesus fucking christ I can't touch any unity game since I have a super ultrawide monitor and the menu is scaled to shit so I can't change anything :FacePalm:
You can hold Shift when starting Unity games to bring up the launcher.
Edit: Most Unity games... Jesus, this game is a mess...

Last edited:

DRiderxxx

Jul 2, 2024
Hello I am working on fixes and improvements. I tested the fall damage and I can't see any problems with it. I tested it on several PCs. And the jumping platforms in the big cave are all backtrackable. Just save a lot and practice. Like in the original game :)
While that I make a new video as well. This time with humans only :(
Next update will be ready soon.

Sorry I make this game only for 1080p. When I figure out how to make it for other monitor types I will patch it.

Reactions: rnzn and DocRipper

DocRipper

Dec 27, 2021
Hello I am working on fixes and improvements. I tested the fall damage and I can't see any problems with it. I tested it on several PCs. And the jumping platforms in the big cave are all backtrackable. Just save a lot and practice. Like in the original game :)
While that I make a new video as well. This time with humans only :(
Next update will be ready soon.

Sorry I make this game only for 1080p. When I figure out how to make it for other monitor types I will patch it.
Great.
We'll see in the next build. But the fall damage was not ok. For extreme jumps you need extremely good control. It is not yet at the level of the original TR. :D It's also not entirely fair to put such extreme jumps right into the first map and frustrate players right from the start. "Just save a lot" - I remember this frustration with original TR games, save with every platform..then at one point you accidentally choose "save" instead of "load" and it's over.:D
Humans in the second map? And I suppose armed. ..That would require more firepower. Shotgun or double Uzi? ;)

And always think about choosing other/backup platforms as well (SS, Boosty). Patreon will not tolerate bestiality. Or at least release updates outside of Patreon (like Discord only.).

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryproar

Arikania

Feb 10, 2023
"Hmm... Not... that it... matters... much... I mean... I... don't... mean... to... alarm you... But... you may... want to evade... that... huge mountain... that's... closing in... really... fast..."

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: hakulaku97
3.00 star(s) 5 Votes