VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Sexy Cosplay Cafe [v0.30] [Novus]

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Just a quick, 'no this game isn't dead yet' post! I had to take January and February off of all development for a variety of reasons, but I've started up again in March. Sadly, development is going to be a bit slower now, but it is at least moving. On the plus side, I did spend some time upgrading my art abilities a bit during the paused months, and the update I'm working on is going to replace all of Alice's current art, as well as pushing her to a similar content level as Mira and Serena. I've been trying to make a few more public updates and posts over on my , and I've actually come out with a new game as well that is mostly intended as a faster-to-update patron reward (though there WILL be public builds, and there's already a public demo of it out).

Anyway, here's a sample of what the new art will look like! This is a replacer for Alice's current default cosplay. Alice Sample.png

Semantics

Apr 28, 2017
OP removed all files and obviously abandoned projected.
with the following as his signature now.
"I'm not an uploader anymore, also I don't do any compressed versions anymore, don't dm me about this shit, please!"
That's...not the OP. Nor is that quoted post from the game dev. The dev - who did the actual OP - is NovusPeregrine, and given the Patreon has (Patron-only) updates for the game dated May 23rd, it's also not "obviously abandoned."

Also, the files are still in the OP.

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
OP removed all files and obviously abandoned projected.
with the following as his signature now.
"I'm not an uploader anymore, also I don't do any compressed versions anymore, don't dm me about this shit, please!"
That's...not the OP. Nor is that quoted post from the game dev. The dev - who did the actual OP - is NovusPeregrine, and given the Patreon has (Patron-only) updates for the game dated May 23rd, it's also not "obviously abandoned."

Also, the files are still in the OP.
As Semantics said, that was not me and the files have not been removed. In point of fact, the game is due for an update in June, though recent events have caused some delays that may push it back to July -_-. June has always been the target date for the next update, with the new update replacing all of Alice's current art and updating her with an additional 11 pieces (which will bring her to roughly the same level of development as Serena and Mira). The lonnnnnggg delay between updates was caused by:

1) Me needing to take 2 months off in January & February (during which I paused my patreon account so no one was unfairly charged).
2) Upgrading the quality of art. With each piece now taking me at least 3 days to finish (and the fact that I'm developing another game as well) updates have been slowed to roughly once every 3 months.
3) This time it was four months not three, since I needed to make 5 additional pieces of art to replace Alice's current art. I decided to bite the bullet and do that all at once due to wanting to make a few changes to her which would have left the art wildly inconsistent.

Up until this month, everything was 100% on track for a June update. Unfortunately, a few things have cropped up that make me unsure I will actually have enough time to do everything I need to in June. More details on that will be provided in a couple of days on my Patreon (as a public post).

Just as a teaser for the upcoming update, have another picture of Alice :). (Edit -Whoops, the image didn't attach the first time, it was too large at original resolution :) )

Alice BLow 1 Post Process.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Canto Forte

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Alice Park Fuck.png

The Sexy Cosplay Cafe 0.30 has . The schedule of release for it to everyone else is as follows:

In two weeks(August 17th): It releases for $3+ patrons

In one month(September 3rd): It releases for the general public

Release Notes for Version 0.30:

This update focused on Alice, bringing her roughly up to the same level of content as Mira and Serena.
New Alice Content
- There are 15 new core images, with many of those images have variants (the featured image for the post being one such variant). Five of the new images are replacing old ones, three of which (the shower peeping scene) were among the absolute worst art in the game -_-.

- Alice's Cafe menu has been majorly expanded, providing option to help her de-stress...

- Alice has a new cosplay, based on Yoko Littner from Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann. OInce you get far enough with her, you can ask her to change to it!

- Alice now has her own series of detailed chats for Work, The Park, The Mall, and The Club. There is at least one sex scene in each of those locations, triggered by the chats (assuming you're far enough along with her, of course!).

- There is a new item to find, exploring the cafe after dark. If you find it, it opens up another option with Alice...but you need to have some idea what you're looking for, first!

- There's a new Gift in the Gift shop for Alice!

- You can now learn one of Alice's Fetishes, which will open up more options for her when you do!

Other Changes:

- The inventory system has been COMPLETELY replaced. Not only does it show more of the items you can pick up now...but you can finally hold more than one of a given gift as well.

- The chats for Serena and Mira have been re-coded so that it SHOULDN'T be possible to miss any of them any longer. This may be prone to causing bugs, despite my playtesting. Please report any you encounter!

- Lots of other bug fixes -_-. For example, I'm pretty sure at least one of Serena's scenes was actually inaccessible in the last build. No one noticed because they didn't know it was supposed to be there...

• Wow
Reactions: Canto Forte

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
View attachment 147975

Overview
:
It’s the summer before you start college, and you’re moving to the city a few months early in order to get away from your family. You love them, but most of them are a bit too…normal, for you. Thankfully, you know someone in the city and she’s promised she’s got a job lined up fro you. With a job, scholarship, and the promise of being able to crash at her place, you can't wait to get there... Plus, knowing Alice, whatever job she has for you won’t be boring...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thread Updated: 2019-01-21
Release Date: 2019-01-21
Developer: Novus -
Censored: No
Version: 0.21
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
PC: - -
Mac: - -

View attachment 147903 View attachment 147904 View attachment 147905 View attachment 147906 View attachment 147907 View attachment 147908 View attachment 147909
Wow. Sounds like Fun!

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
A Massage 3 Sprite.png

Okay! Version .30 had been released for Public Access. My apologies for my previously listed date not having been accurate, things got shifted around a bit so as not to conflict with either the release of my other game (The Dungeon of Lewdity) or interfere/get buried by the larger number of Patreon posts that I typically flurry out at the beginnings of most months.

Anyway, you can find the links and release notes:

More Directly:

PC Links:

Mac Links:

Reactions: asd33asd33

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Watching your art updated from the original to how it is now is honestly really dope. Wish I had the same drive you do
Thank you :). I admit I've been getting a little discouraged since several people have trashed even the newer art. It's awesome to have someone acknowledge how far it's come :).

Reactions: MasterMerp

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Okay, it's past time I drop an update here, I was just waiting until I could more easily give a full explanation.

First, THIS GAME HAS NOT BEEN abandoned!

Having said that, development on it has been paused, since late November of last year (so about 4 months ago or a bit more). The reason for this pause is that, to date, the vast vast vast majority of all comments I got on the game were complaints about the artwork. And that, despite the massive improvements I think I was making to said art. That, obviously, was super discouraging. I didn't just flat give up on the game, though, as I actually care about this one more than any of my other projects. Instead, I took the issue to my 100 or so patrons at the time and asked if they wanted me to keep plugging along at the game, or if they would prefer I launch one of several other games instead, until I could either:

1) Improve my own art to the point that people would stop complaining about it.

or

2) Get my patreon up to the point that I could afford to hire an artist to create the art for it.

The voting was fairly split, but the ultimate majority chose the option to pause development on Cosplay Cafe game in favor of a new title, until I could resolve the art issue one way or another. That new game actually just recently released its first build. Having said that, I'm hoping to return to The Sexy Cosplay Cafe later this year, with all new art assets. As I mentioned before, I'm somewhat attached to this particular game :).

Anyway, that's the current state of affairs as of the date of this posting!

Reactions: UnDeaD_CyBorG