4.20 star(s) 29 Votes

vvedgee

Sep 14, 2018
For a pattern to emerge you need more than just 3 tries.
Still, using the same materials .. or something with similar stats
Top T2 mage materials:
Maid's Headband + Magic Silver Ore + Magic Silver Ore = 3 Enhance 28 Durability, 19 phys 23 mag
Maid's Headband + Magic Silver Ore + Magic Silver Ore = 5 Enhance 20 Durability, 16 phys 26 mag
Maid's Headband + Magic Silver Ore + Magic Silver Ore = 3 Enhance 39 Durability, 17 phys 22 mag
Maid's Headband + Magic Silver Ore + Magic Silver Ore = 3 Enhance 37 Durability, 19 phys 27 mag
Maid's Headband + Magic Silver Ore + Magic Silver Ore = 3 Enhance 20 Durability, 20 phys 28 mag
Maid's Headband + Magic Silver Ore + Magic Silver Ore = 4 Enhance 25 Durability, 20 phys 26 mag

Top T2 phys materials:
Maid's Headband + Silver Ore + Silver Ore = 5 Enhance 25 Durability, 22 phys 19 mag
Maid's Headband + Silver Ore + Silver Ore = 3 Enhance 28 Durability, 16 phys 23 mag
Maid's Headband + Silver Ore + Silver Ore = 4 Enhance 41 Durability, 20 phys 21 mag
Maid's Headband + Silver Ore + Silver Ore = 2 Enhance 62 Durability, 18 phys 17 mag
Maid's Headband + Silver Ore + Silver Ore = 4 Enhance 33 Durability, 20 phys 20 mag
Maid's Headband + Silver Ore + Silver Ore = 5 Enhance 25 Durability, 17 phys 19 mag

Some trash materials:
Maid's Headband + Soul Drop Bottle + Soul Drop Bottle = 4 Enhance 36 Durability, 14 phys 22 mag
Maid's Headband + Soul Drop Bottle + Soul Drop Bottle = 4 Enhance 20 Durability, 19 phys 24 mag
Maid's Headband + Soul Drop Bottle + Soul Drop Bottle = 2 Enhance 20 Durability, 16 phys 21 mag
Maid's Headband + Soul Drop Bottle + Soul Drop Bottle = 2 Enhance 25 Durability, 15 phys 34 mag
Maid's Headband + Soul Drop Bottle + Soul Drop Bottle = 2 Enhance 41 Durability, 14 phys 34 mag
Maid's Headband + Soul Drop Bottle + Soul Drop Bottle = 2 Enhance 32 Durability, 14 phys 21 mag

Mix materials:
Maid's Headband + Soul Piece + Soul Piece = 2 Enhance 25 Durability, 16 phys 23 mag
Maid's Headband + Silver Ore + Discarded Steel = 3 Enhance 31 Durability, 22 phys 18 mag
Maid's Headband + Discarded Steel + Discarded Steel = 2 Enhance 45 Durability, 24 phys 16 mag
Maid's Headband + Discarded Steel + Magic Silver Ore = 4 Enhance 28 Durability, 17 phys 21 mag
Maid's Headband + Silver Ore + Magic Silver Ore = 3 Enhance 28 Durability, 19 phys 23 mag
Maid's Headband + Maid's Headband + Magic Silver Ore = 3 Enhance 35 Durability, 16 phys 25 mag

The only thing what I can see is hight chanse catch better Enhance
Same Durability. Same total attack.

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
It doesn't work like that. Materials names are irrelevant, except for the girls' unique drops (which are in turn, almost irrelevant for stats beside the locked effects, like the Vampire weapon's 20% lifedrain).
Only the 3 numbers matter: Mass, Power/Tenacity, and Magic.

Every weapon has Mass/Power/Magic requirements to be part of the gacha pool.
For instance a Knife is 3/1/0 (so no requirement at all), the Wind Knife is 3/3/3, a scepter 3/4/4.
Among the most elusive, a Crimson Military Sword would be 5/14/12 or a Reinforced Broadsword 7/25/0.
In case more than 5 weapons meet the requirements, the thrashiest ones are excluded from the gacha.

No weapon currently requires a mass greater than 8, power greater than 25 or magic greater than 12.
However, materials with power or magic higher than the minimum requirements, will add to the stats of the new weapon.
The Mass, is basically the number of times you can roll a D6 to get various bonuses.
Your forging level, is your number of D4 rolls to get other boosts, including extra slots.

Honestly, it hasn't changed that much since day 1. Good system, very fitting for a roguelite if F5-triggering sometimes.

Arythazin

Jul 1, 2019
Is forging level the only thing that affects extra enhance slots? Because I've made pretty high-stat weapons that end up with one enchant slot for some reason.

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
Is forging level the only thing that affects extra enhance slots? Because I've made pretty high-stat weapons that end up with one enchant slot for some reason.
Good question (& the exact point that got me wondering).
Unless I missed something, it's only a)forging level and b)an extra slot chance per 3 mass.
That'd be consistent with the upper limit we have a hard time reaching.

Oh, right.
any clue how to get the forging journal C? ive went through the event maps multiple times and couldnt find em
Not in the game yet. Like Hel (not a typo :LOL:). Max forging level is 6 as of today - Ason mentioned the 'new soul imprints' weren't there yet.

Last edited:

lurker55555

Dec 5, 2019
Good question (& the exact point that got me wondering).
Unless I missed something, it's only a)forging level and b)an extra slot chance per 3 mass.
That'd be consistent with the upper limit we have a hard time reaching.

Oh, right.
Not in the game yet. Like Hel (not a typo :LOL:). Max forging level is 6 as of today - Ason mentioned the 'new soul imprints' weren't there yet.
thanks dude as i noticed in the changelong forging journal c

lurker55555

Dec 5, 2019
Yes, so do mine. 1/10 of them, probably less. You still got me, I'll give ya that :LOL: View attachment 1279354
I was referring to the very disappointing Angel and Fencer weapons. No one is ever going to farm for 5-7 Light stones just to get a decent Smite... And when you do thing wrong (like I was, somewhat, as of last post, thanks for pointing that out) you do end up with crappy 2 slots, underpowered scrap metal.

I'll insist that weapons are 100% random. The pool from where you gatcha them from, however, is yours to control. You'll never get a 100% windknive or a 100% banner of arms, but depending on on low/high all 3 values are, you'll widen or restrict the dice throw.
Note to self/others: when going for high-end weapons, weight is critical... And try to keep some heavy 4Kg magic materials in stock, for enhancement - or just drag along your weighty 0/6 weapon to make use of these 4Kg ores you find.

Just to be clear: they did a great job, game-wise. And a very reactive bugfixing work. H-content might be secondary, and doesn't mesh too well with the gameplay, but they've released a very satisfying amount of areas and story.
Roguelikes must be hard, but the out-of-dungeon features are lacking. Materials storage! A grand display cases room! Are the real souls of a blacksmith. Not 20 storage and barely any helpful unlockable facility (which is reliable. 'Nya?'). The level-able skills greatly, greatly increased the need for a decent workspace, if only for experiments or bragging purpose.

But about the dungeon: neat, really neat. Good balance with traps, randomness isn't overwhelming, but still challenging, difficulty curve is awesome... These guys know where they want go! (y)
So, 1,5 years, v0.42... Are they aiming for 2023? ...would be my only question before I buy it off Steam (provided I still remember the game by then :p).
what i normally do is i create bunch of shitty weapons which have like 2 or 3 enhance slots for the normal dungeon and save the better weapons for bosses as lets be honest using an 160 damage weapon against a normal mob might be kind of cool to kill them instantly but using a 80 damage weapon against a boss will literally have it take around 10 minutes.
The best weapon i once had was around 180 damage with a haste and physical defense+debuff resistance ability which was really helpful at the second boss as i had no haste pots so the haste from the ability helped out massively and helped me oneshot most mobs the shit threw at me.

Though i never build weapons for their abilities as it takes away waaaay too much durability for what it would be worth but with the new lvling abilities it takes lesser and lesser and might be more viable aswell

vvedgee

Sep 14, 2018
However, materials with power or magic higher than the minimum requirements, will add to the stats of the new weapon.
The Mass, is basically the number of times you can roll a D6 to get various bonuses.
Your forging level, is your number of D4 rolls to get other boosts, including extra slots.
Enhance cap and Durability depends on Mass/Power/Magic or Forge lvl?
During Enhance what effects provides Mass/Power/Magic?

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
Though i never build weapons for their abilities as it takes away waaaay too much durability for what it would be worth but with the new lvling abilities it takes lesser and lesser and might be more viable aswell
I guess I took the other route.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ah, fun fact: know when the "Tenacity" goes up when you're forging? Well this actually means that many failed rolls :LOL:
So if you mix materials for 19 tenacity and see it bump to 25, expect a piece of 0/1 scrap metal.

Enhance cap and Durability depends on Mass/Power/Magic or Forge lvl?
During Enhance what effects provides Mass/Power/Magic?
I've already answered that.
As for enhancing, they say a picture is worth a hundred lines:
Respectively enhanced with 7 Tinstones, 7 Copper ores and 7 soul pieces. But you don't really need such an extreme example tbh.

Is there anything past the commander in this current version?
Nah. Five(?) more sets of stairs and a gate with a congratulory message. Still, a proof Ason haven't been fooling around.

Last edited:

decker2

Jul 6, 2017

They posted a little explanation for things, and gave out some spoilers for later. Don't look at the spoiler if you haven't played the game yet and mind spoilers.
well they said they had problems...
and there are still 5 months until the deadline, (on dlsite)

if they manage to get the game done before the end of this year i'll buy it, to support them:cool:

Last edited:

lurker55555

Dec 5, 2019
I guess I took the other route.
Ah, fun fact: know when the "Tenacity" goes up when you're forging? Well this actually means that many failed rolls :LOL:
So if you mix materials for 19 tenacity and see it bump to 25, expect a piece of 0/1 scrap metal.

I've already answered that.
As for enhancing, they say a picture is worth a hundred lines:
Respectively enhanced with 7 Tinstones, 7 Copper ores and 7 soul pieces. But you don't really need such an extreme example tbh.

Nah. Five(?) more sets of stairs and a gate with a congratulory message. Still, a proof Ason haven't been fooling around.
funnily enough those 0/1 enhance scrap weapons 5/10 acutally turned out to be quite the bangers and by that mean their base damage was ridicilous tho it was falling short of the better ones

Gigger2461

Mar 11, 2018
When is it a good idea to use scraps for forging instead of enhacing? I don't want to lose all those skill levels.

junk123456

Mar 31, 2018
Why is this tagged as "others" for engine? The game runs on RPG Maker MV's engine/core JS code. They've just contorted it into running on top of Electron instead of nwjs.

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
Why is this tagged as "others" for engine? The game runs on RPG Maker MV's engine/core JS code. They've just contorted it into running on top of Electron instead of nwjs.
Because people don't read and/or don't know what Electron is.
I'd also argue MV is the real engine, but do I even know what "engine" means here? :p
When is it a good idea to use scraps for forging instead of enhacing? I don't want to lose all those skill levels.
In short: never.

2 exceptions:
- girl's drops: you can use 2+some 4Kg ore. Don't use all 3 Oni belts or such, as that would get the skill to lv3 and it'd revert to lv2 upon scrapping.
- savescumming. You can try crafting from 3 scorching swords or stuff. F5 if it fails. But experiments will teach you, that you can only do this with a handful of weapons (windknives, notably).

For anyone curious about skills/skill levelling:

Gigger2461

Mar 11, 2018
That sounds awful. I hope he doesn't balance latter portions of the game around having high skill levels.

TFM

Mar 7, 2019
What a massive update, can't wait to break down this version. Usually I just import the save but I guess I have to start from scratch to see if the balance improved.

4.20 star(s) 29 Votes