Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 563623

Apr 19, 2018
Sorry, i'm sure this has been gone over a bunch already, but what happened to downwithpatreon? (That was the site that was, like, teal colored right? Been a long time since i did sims 4 stuff.)

And if it's gone i'm guessing there's no like for like replacement right now?

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
I feel I prolly won't midget update for a fuckin month haha
As strange as it may seem, I always keep a copy of the previous version ready to use. Been a habit for quite some time now. I hate being stuck with EA messes. Since they always break something new every patch. I am concerned about these "sentiments" and the new "profile". Sounds like a variation on the dreaded "memories" mess in Sims 3 that made saves huge and consumed HD space like a fiend. At least in Sims 3 they eventually made it so it could be disabled. The sentiments and profiles are a different story though. Can't disable those. I do like the new build mode items like "platforms". Now you can easily make a stage for your strip club.

But I'm with you on updating. I've always been hesitant to screw up my game for something shiny and new. But for the moment, my two game system saves me the aggravation. :)

TheLabBrat

Oct 17, 2017
So far I only played the game for a few hours and the sentiments doesn't seem like the memory system that bloated files like in sims 3. Some actually went away after a few days. I guess it's closer to the emotion system as depending on the sentiment, it affects one's emotions (like one sim got smitten and closer/quality time for one sim and for awhile she adored another sim that was a close friend; but that sentiment went away it seemed. I guess they aren't permeant; but not 100% if it depends on the sentiment or not).

Hadn't messed around with platforms yet; but seemed that it messed with the stairs in the house and had to remove them and this gate like thing and replace the stairs again. I just hope I don't have to do that with every building. That would be a huge pain in the ass.

mimsy

Jun 27, 2019
Sorry, i'm sure this has been gone over a bunch already, but what happened to downwithpatreon? (That was the site that was, like, teal colored right? Been a long time since i did sims 4 stuff.)

And if it's gone i'm guessing there's no like for like replacement right now?
The owner got harrassed by Sims 4 TOS breaking patreon assholes into shutting down the site. It currently has something of an alternative in yiff.party.

Reactions: TheLabBrat

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
The owner got harrassed by Sims 4 TOS breaking patreon assholes into shutting down the site. It currently has something of an alternative in yiff.party.
More accurately, DWP's files were moved to

It's not updated as frequently, is a bit of a pain to navigate since it's all text based, but there's loads of content there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes