Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

YassGawd

Apr 24, 2019
Damn, you really can't be gone for than an hour here. I just come back and my posts are deleted and we're voting on something. What exactly are we voting on? What split? Now i'm really confused, because the problem wasn't NSFW/SFW, it was having an overload of requests/repeated requests for cc on a mods thread. btw, an easy way to understand what is cc vs what is a mod: Mods change gameplay or are items with interactions, cc changes visuals. WW, icemunmun, recipes, etc are mods. Lots, cas items and build/buy items are cc.

mimsy

Jun 27, 2019
Damn, you really can't be gone for than an hour here. I just come back and my posts are deleted and we're voting on something. What exactly are we voting on? What split? Now i'm really confused, because the problem wasn't NSFW/SFW, it was having an overload of requests/repeated requests for cc on a mods thread. btw, an easy way to understand what is cc vs what is a mod: Mods change gameplay or are items with interactions, cc changes visuals. WW, icemunmun, recipes, etc are mods. Lots, cas items and build/buy items are cc.
What about Ravasheen's stuff? Like countertop garbage bins and the like? That's neither here nor there. Also, yeah, WW is a mod, but aren't its animations CC? Why would the mod be in one thread and its animations in an entirely different one? Or there's RedAppleNet and its venue builds - the mod goes in one thread and the venue builds in another?

• Angry
Reactions: Veoly
D

Deleted member 3137218

So I just discovered a guy making ray tracing shaders for the Sims 4.

Naturally he's on Patreon:
Does anyone have it?

you can achieve this with basic reshade, especially the reflections on the floor.

this person has a lot of valuable info for reshade. i recommend reading through her tags for getting that effect. it's mostly mxao shadow and using the ssr quint shader.

• Red Heart
Reactions: madimoon1 and mimsy

breezysmallz

Jul 28, 2020
you can achieve this with basic reshade, especially the reflections on the floor.

this person has a lot of valuable info for reshade. i recommend reading through her tags for getting that effect. it's mostly mxao shadow and using the ssr quint shader.

Yah looks like some basic SSR in reshade. Super cool looking in the rain! Reshade 4.0 is really stable and prefer it to any other iterations of it

breezysmallz

Jul 28, 2020
Anybody have this: View attachment 1011807
I'd just love love love you to pieces for this. thank you so much
Finally some fucking modern furniture from them jesus christ not every sim wants to live and an old english castle. Funny enough another patreon creator collab converted this sofa but its alpha so let's play a game of who claimed to mesh this sofa from scratch for 500!!

GhostCanuck

Aug 19, 2019
SIM FILE SHARE TIP -

While this wont be 100% foolproof it does work to a degree if you have no choice but to use SimFileShare.

1.) Click to download like normal. If you have issues, go to bottom of your web browser and right click on the file - click Pause. Then click Resume. Repeat and Rinse until file is complete. Best to do it when you see the data transfer numbers no longer changing or have gone down to single digits transfer speed. This won't make Sim File Share magically boost your download but sometimes the initial connection will grab more data - as it seems that the files begin downloading at normal speeds and then are throttled when it hits a certain %.

2.) The slow transfer rates also appear to be a timing issue - meaning, if you're on the east coast and you're using the server during normal business hours so to speak, you'll run into these issues a lot more than say downloading them during off hours.

Hope that helps a little. Like I said, sometimes you gotta no choice but to grab an item from sfs so this is a workaround to prevent failed downloads.

GhostCanuck

Aug 19, 2019
mods - Would it be feasible to rename the thread slightly and add (Links First Page) or something to that effect? As most forums generally don't keep information like links pinned to the first page and generally it's just rules of using the forums and what not. So anyone that uses forums from another website coming here will automatically apply that logic to this one - hence all of the "where can i get animations?" etc.

Or another suggestion if feasible would be to pin the first comment from the first page and as some forums do, that carries over with each new page so it's always pinned up the top - similar to how the ruskies have theirs Wicked Whims posts.

Just food for thought.

HeliosPirate

Dec 6, 2017
Does someone have a collection of Sonya Sims male+female hairstyles that he/she sell on her patreon and never make them free for some reason? Thanks in advance.

• Red Heart
Reactions: missmeblind

daledoe

Feb 10, 2018
That's the problem, it's not reliable. Sometimes I go into a folder and some files I download instantly, others I can't download at all. Same folder, same account. It's a mess.
yep..just ran into that problem...210mb went halfway in just a few seconds and how it says 1hr left on 98mb

daledoe

Feb 10, 2018
i have noticed some folks don't go back and look to see whats been posted...I generally go back to the page I left off at and work my way up...don't see what I'm looking for then I ask...or just wait...it usually shows up. I would like to see a thread for tech support...or maybe just 1 for WW and animations and 1 for just CC and 1 for tech support maybe too much like LL then I suppose...I will be happy with what ever y'all decide

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes