Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihilust

Aug 4, 2017
But...
1) That is irrelevant and external to who's paying. So unfair to delay the update that much,
2) Why doesn't he just release the cumshot update and meanwhile work on the Python issue?

But that's none of my business. Just an opinion.
You would think he would do an update b4 the update cause they dont even know if they can get a decent decompiler for the new python yet a few people are calling this upcoming update MODageddon
I definitely agree, and for clarity, wasn't trying to defend Turbo; only presenting my opinion based on what I'd read. Motherfucker makes $13,000+ A MONTH from this, providing content to the people who give him that should certainly be his overriding priority. He's likely just prioritizing the future viability of his revenue stream beyond that update. If he's smart he'll put out his next update or two (at least) compatible both with & without the next patch, as so many will be putting it off til the python issue's resolved enough to allow other popular mods to update as well.

i have been seeing the trailers for sims 5 it looks to be pretty cool
I haven't seen one yet that was legitimate; they all look to be YouTube clickbait videos. One linked a source in its description that went to a rickroll.

Darth Keadus

Jan 30, 2018
who knows if and when that will be i can see ea letting it stay that way since i hear sims 5 comes out next year

Darth Keadus

Jan 30, 2018
they can make it difficult to do if they wanted to i havent been around long in the sims world but other game companys have done that just so u buy the new shit

Reactions: Nihilust

Darth Keadus

Jan 30, 2018
hell bethesda killed fo4 for me by making their own mods which many seemed it rip off mod creators stuff five to 10 bucks for a mod i can get for free and will look better too shame that is why i gave fo4 and skyrim up

M Schum

Mar 27, 2018
I kinda dont wanted to do this but ...

Motherfucker makes $13,000+ A MONTH from this, providing content to the people who give him that should certainly be his overriding priority.
Patreon is a donation system so they arent exactly paying for it but more his ability to work on WW.
Also lets look at the other shoe, we have Patreons that have monthly updates just for the sake of having monthly updates, there is a lot of lower quality releases on Patreon just to keep the subs going.

Another thing, since the start people been trying to make the whole "emitting fluids" so that was certainly not easy since people certainly tried with little success and even if he implements that in WW, its not going to immediate translate to existing animations of having that effect, someone is going to have to add animations with such effect so its not just him you have to wait for, its also everyone that created the animations to add that effect to their animations.

I also rather WW is working when the Python update comes that having support for animations that dont play anymore because my game is updated and WW doesnt work anymore.

_Fin_

Jan 2, 2018
I kinda dont wanted to do this but ...
Hey, don't worry! :) It's your opinion, this is no reddit hivemind. I also get your points.
Yeah I agree it'll took a bit until animators will get the effects right. Not to mention, there are so many effects (just look at the effect player mod) I wonder what they will dish out.
unless it's a "special" missionary on double bed

Reactions: Nihilust

Aldnoah Zero

Apr 29, 2018
I'd read some thread he was in regarding the next s4 update & the python issues it was going to introduce, got the impression he was working with some others & the devs to figure out a solution. Since it's next month & is going to break all the script mods I'm guessing he's prioritizing that.
Was a week or two ago & I can't find it atm, so no idea what's what with it all now.

Edit: Brain slow, coffee needed. Found link:
Not again!
As always the intention is clear, knock down mods and push EA packs .. (only)
This is starting to become more and more evident with each update.
Never mods weighed so much in the game, from imcompatibility to starting .. like a slug ..
The way is to avoid the update as much as possible, and if there is no more solution .. Bye (someone believes that all Devs will go to the trouble of redoing old works all over again ?!) TSR should lose much of the collection ..
Or the intention is this, as already sucked up to the bones S4, let him die .. and force interest in NEW S5..

Duriel

Aug 25, 2017
Or the intention is this, as already sucked up to the bones S4, let him die .. and force interest in NEW S5..
No use in killing TS4 if TS5 hasn't even been properly announced yet.

I also don't believe knocking down mods to push EA packs is viable for them, since more and more mods depend on EA packs in order to work properly and many people would be left with broken ones anyway.

Reactions: Aldnoah Zero

Aldnoah Zero

Apr 29, 2018
No use in killing TS4 if TS5 hasn't even been properly announced yet.

I also don't believe knocking down mods to push EA packs is viable for them, since more and more mods depend on EA packs in order to work properly and many people would be left with broken ones anyway.
It is never immediately, it starts announcing that dlcs are finished and the updates follow after ..
More than Bethesda's creation club? (If the idea of monopoly on mods were so absurd they would not have tried, and we're talking about EA)
Did you read the link left by Nihilust?
Even the creator of WickedWhims / turbodriver commented on how this update will be a headache ..
Criticism will not be missing from all sides ..
Casual gamers rarely use many mods or waste time looking for, play only maxis packs and dlcs (this and the EA target audience)
I hope I'm wrong, and this update will never be released.

Reactions: Duriel

Nihilust

Aug 4, 2017
It's your opinion, this is no reddit hivemind
Indeed, these are all just our opinions. I'm sure EA/Maxis is well aware just how critical the mods are to the game's replayability, it certainly isn't their patches & "official" content that keep these games alive over the course of their ridiculous release schedule/business model of only having the FULL game out just before the release of its sequel. There has to be some kind of large benefit for them on the technical side to the python upgrade, otherwise they'd probably just wait for S5 (which I honestly doubt will be anytime soon).

Patreon is a donation system so they arent exactly paying for it but more his ability to work on WW.
Also lets look at the other shoe, we have Patreons that have monthly updates just for the sake of having monthly updates, there is a lot of lower quality releases on Patreon just to keep the subs going.
Let's also not pretend like this ISN'T a hugely lucrative business model. Turbo alone makes a far larger income than a lot of indie devs who are making entirely original games, not just adding onto existing ones. 100k+ a year to develop a mod is well beyond simply donating towards his ability to continue developing it.

But, again, these are all just our opinions, and I won't pretend either as though mine aren't tinged with a rather large dose of jealousy. Or that my own opinion should even really "count", as I don't & have never paid for any Sims games after 2, and the only Patreon I ever subbed to was KinkyWorld's for most of last year.

M Schum

Mar 27, 2018
Let's also not pretend like this ISN'T a hugely lucrative business model.
I am not, I rather dislike how Patreon is often used as a storefront despite they (Patreon) claiming its not (and it is, they just say that for tax dodging). For modding Patreon been utterly garbage as its a way to lock content that would otherwise be free as pay and worst, its became a way to prevent people to build upon mods since ... well, who is going to make a extension/modification to/of a mod that is behind a paywall? Look at how when CURBS started to release older Patreon only stuff recolors of said stuff started to appear ... thats what a paywall does to modding.

But I do want to point out that at one point WickedWhims will be featured complete and monthly updates will cease, TURBO also never locked it behind a paywall unlike other Patreon creators that do that, perhaps the success of WickedWhims is due to being open and thus the money comes from goodwill instead of being a "product" people "buy", at least he didnt go down that often traveled road because money.

Sheikus

Aug 24, 2018
YrSa animations - current as of 24 Oct 2018

I only listed the most recent animation for each file, though there's more for some files, because that was a lot of posts to go through.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes