Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duriel

Aug 25, 2017
More than Bethesda's creation club? (If the idea of monopoly on mods were so absurd they would not have tried, and we're talking about EA)
I hope I'm wrong, and this update will never be released.
The thought that bethesda might forbid mods all together in future games to promote their creation club makes my whole body shiver. Although it is no secret that Zenimax is becoming the next EA which only caters to the casual players, i still don't think forcefully breaking stuff is the most viable way to force players to quit mods, i mean, if they really don't care about mods and most casual players don't use them, why breaking them in the first place? Only to get hated by those few that use them?

Bethesda at least clearly admitted that the creation club was mostly a success in consoles (specifically ps3) while on pc free mods still got the upper hand, but they didn't go out of their way to force the pc playerbase to rely on their creation club by declaring free mods as hacking (thus illegal), they simply ignored them. Sure it might happen in the next games, but still i don't think forcing people out of something they are used to is a viable way to bring them on your service/platform.

M Schum

Mar 27, 2018
Bethesda doesnt have the manpower to replace TES modding scene, their Creation Club was more about monetizing it since it come about a bit after Stream attempt at pay mods crashed and burned.

The success of the Creation Club is due to modders putting their work there (and Console owners having no choice), even if there was large backlash against Pay Mods when Steam tried there are still plenty of people that would put then there and set up a price, this was what Bethesda wanted all along ... its not about then replacing the modding scene since they cannot do that but rather taking a cut out of pay mods that was what Valve tried to do with Steam Workshop.

There is the chance that Bethesda will force the Creation Club on PC in a few ways and I think they are going to do that with Fallout 76 but on the other hand, pay mods is a great way to destroy a modding scene. I suspect that as modding goes, Fallout 76 is going to be far less successful that Fallout 4.

UYScutti23

Patreon Rebel
Donor
Feb 26, 2018
Hi guys,

as i downloaded GB of patreon cc and mods here, i would like to contribute a little as well (if i can, it depends on the price of the content ofc), so, do you have an idea on which creator it could be interesting to become a patron with, to share it there ?

Thx you all for your help but also the sharing !

_Fin_

Jan 2, 2018
Hi guys,

as i downloaded GB of patreon cc and mods here, i would like to contribute a little as well (if i can, it depends on the price of the content ofc), so, do you have an idea on which creator it could be interesting to become a patron with, to share it there ?

Thx you all for your help but also the sharing !
Go on our Discord, we have a section for that :)

We have most of them covered in any case, but we would gladly accept your help, and thanks for considering it!

Darth Keadus

Jan 30, 2018
in my opinion only EA who owns the rights to the Sims series should profit from any CC they own it inless turbo and the others are paying ea royalties which I doubt

Sheikus

Aug 24, 2018
Lupobianco Patreon Animations n.81

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

---------

-Update 21 / October/ 2018 -

Oct 25, 2018
Here is Azmodan Gold Standing Hamper Doggy converted to Trash Can Stage 1

Normal -

Rough -

Tks guy o/ !!

Nihilust

Aug 4, 2017
in my opinion only EA who owns the rights to the Sims series should profit from any CC they own it inless turbo and the others are paying ea royalties which I doubt
This whole thing lives in a grey area; I'm fairly certain it's an exploitation of a loophole, their EULA not expressly, specifically prohibiting the "paid early access to publicly released mods", and EA is begrudgingly allowing it because it IS generating interest in the game & revenue, just not 100% for them. Begrudgingly allowing it by not slamming the loophole shut with a EULA update in one of their patches, at least yet. But on that note, if they officially charge them royalties, they're also essentially officially endorsing it & giving it much more permanence, making it harder to shut it down whenever they need or want to.

Given the content of these mods it's a fucking PR nuke for them to officially endorse it in any way. Us as players, mod devs like Turbo, EA, we're all kind of lucky this shit hasn't gone viral & triggered the internet outrage culture; it'd be fucking over & done with. That's primarily IMO why they want the instant cutoff switch to remain an option & for all of this to stay in this grey area. Considering all that, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if there were some backdoor "unofficial" monetary arrangements with the bigger ones like Turbo, Deaderpool, Oniki, etc.

100% opinion & pure guesswork & speculation on my part. Please don't break my legs guys.

M Schum

Mar 27, 2018
Its a bit more complex then that as you are not considering the series is over 20 years old.

The Sims breakout was how easy it was to mod, this lead to a large modding community that was hit by the DotCom bubble burst that left most sites without free or affordable hosts, this lead a switch from a largely free modding community to a monthly subscription based community and then The Sims 2 come out right at the end of that transition so naturally TS2 content was out of the gate mostly pay (ugh, I still recall the "pay me for this color flood filled recolor").

With TS2 you had a pretty much a very pro-pay community, of course EA didnt exactly wanted to create a situation that would tear the community apart so that was tolerated with EA eventually doing the The Sims Shop for TS2 and TS3 content that was their own micortransactions store but I guess it flopped, the current situation now is due to shifts created by TS3 were it seems paysites collapsed and most content is free.

Also its not just The Sims, if you want to see heavy modding monetization you have Second Life that yes, its a "MMO" but that one puts The Sims to shame.

Darth Keadus

Jan 30, 2018
i would support cc if i owned a majorly poplar game cause it would only make it more popular cause they could customize the game to make it more personal i think thats why ea makes all these DLC's cause if u want all the cc to work right u need the full game cause some mods require it
genus of ea

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes