Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jF1983

Jan 29, 2018
Sorry for not clarifying; I knew of the mega folder. What I meant to ask was whether or not anyone was still subscribed to him/her, after seeing that there was a patreon update on the 14th of this month.
Yes motherlode should be available soon, I know a few people support him they may just be busy but will add it soon they tend to wait a few days out of respect of his sheer work and quality.

Martin24, I am happy that you are considering releasing more free content. I really liked your early stuff and prefered it when you charged way less and the truth is you have priced out a lot of supporters and don't release the amount of content to validate $10. Some charge that (which is still excessive) But release minimum 10 animations per month not 3/4. This site is for broke students and such that just cant afford the sheer cost all the patrons want, and then hold back for months any decent free content. If you all released your content after 4/5 weeks like you all did in the beginning, we would not be here. why am I saying this? Because anyone that dares to on LL their comments are deleted and they are shut down by rude moderators...

Only sycophants are allowed to post there.

I am sorry you have had a hard time and I am glad you can see both sides, and I am sorry if this has upset you. All the best Mike.

(now back to the animations ppl, this site is not going anywhere and we are not running off somewhere else like discord etc we have our messaging group and this place so feel free to hit me up if needed!)

_Fin_

Jan 2, 2018
As Finfin said, for me the debate it's finished...I don't agree with some things that have been said here, but I will not argue with anyone. I just want to say that I understand your position, and I don't think I have disrespected anyone. Regarding the price ... it's complicated, but I'm going to try to have more recent updates for public releases ... I'll keep going every month, but I'll be doing bigger updates to get closer to the recent animations. And as I said before, find the perfect balance between the loverslab version and the patreon version.
Please do Mike. Truth be told, I respected you before those very late updates, and before that became a trend.
If one of you animators could show the good example, that would be a very nice thing and finally a step in the right direction.
I don't even think you would lose many supporters.
You can see in my signature there's something wrong.
Yes we're leaking animations, so we're enemies, technically. But you can see there's something wrong going on in LoversLab as well. And that's a big problem that is turning people away from it.
I'm just saying, that would be a step in making things better overall, and eliminating the distance from "us" towards "you".

Apr 27, 2018
Yes motherlode should be available soon, I know a few people support him they may just be busy but will add it soon they tend to wait a few days out of respect of his sheer work and quality.

Martin24, I am happy that you are considering releasing more free content. I really liked your early stuff and prefered it when you charged way less and the truth is you have priced out a lot of supporters and don't release the amount of content to validate $10. Some charge that (which is still excessive) But release minimum 10 animations per month not 3/4. This site is for broke students and such that just cant afford the sheer cost all the patrons want, and then hold back for months any decent free content. If you all released your content after 4/5 weeks like you all did in the beginning, we would not be here. why am I saying this? Because anyone that dares to on LL their comments are deleted and they are shut down by rude moderators...

Only sycophants are allowed to post there.

I am sorry you have had a hard time and I am glad you can see both sides, and I am sorry if this has upset you. All the best Mike.

(now back to the animations ppl, this site is not going anywhere and we are not running off somewhere else like discord etc we have our messaging group and this place so feel free to hit me up if needed!)
I honestly still thought the discord might be a decent idea. Will be coming with updates in a bit.

EDIT: Some goodies for y'all!

Updated Noir.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

A long one, but a good one. Enjoy

MommaBear

Mar 22, 2018
Well, what on EARTH happened while I was out?

So, a bunch of new updates:

Azmodan

Anarcis

A.Trois

MommaBear

Mar 22, 2018
Thank you so so much!! Really appreciated! :D
You're welcome! Sorry it took so long - you know how my work days are!

And to the people who honestly believe that those of use who chose to share THE CONTENT THAT WE PAYED FOR....shut up. Didn't your momma teach you to share? What's mine is yours. That's true of pizza, kleenex, Advil - just not my husband :)

Seriously, get over yourselves. What do you think your going to do when Sims 4 comes to an end? Please don't tell me that you've never relied on the goodness of others.

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
This guy doesn't seem to realize that he's making money off of someone else's product and EA could choose to DMCA him right now and have his patreon shut down if they so chose to, there's a reason why a lot of publishers go after paid mods that they aren't involved in.

Hell someone could report him on patreon for pretty much the same thing and they'd eventually make him take all his mods down that he charges for.

K.Leoric

Jul 4, 2017
Ok ok guys let's calm down and not put fire on a discussion that's already over. I got absent from one day and hell blows up, geez.

I will update the mega folder later, got a lot of work to do...

And about all this discussion, that's something really important that i think everyone forgot to say, one should not have game modding as his main source of income to live and/or keep a family, but as his hobby and extra!!! This is especially important and i hope you can understand how serious it means @martin24 since you have two kids.
But i'm saying that because of piracy? No! But because of the game companies who own the assets used in these mods, and we're talking about the worst of the companies here, EA! The one who sells DLCs for DLCs at stupid prices, so let's be real here, they can make you stop using patreon at anytime and force whatever stupid mod shop it comes out of their sick minds, i hope you're already preparing your plan B, community can wait months for your animations like we do with Amra if you can find something better to feed your kids.

Yeah, too late for me on your 2nd thought, but on the 1st one I think we should have a Discord. It could also be a way to communicate in case they do here what they did to emma.
F95 isn't so easy to be put down

martin24

May 16, 2018
Ok ok guys let's calm down and not put fire on a discussion that's already over. I got absent from one day and hell blows up, geez.

I will update the mega folder later, got a lot of work to do...

And about all this discussion, that's something really important that i think everyone forgot to say, one should not have game modding as his main source of income to live and/or keep a family, but as his hobby and extra!!! This is especially important and i hope you can understand how serious it means @martin24 since you have two kids.
But i'm saying that because of piracy? No! But because of the game companies who own the assets used in these mods, and we're talking about the worst of the companies here, EA! The one who sells DLCs for DLCs at stupid prices, so let's be real here, they can make you stop using patreon at anytime and force whatever stupid mod shop it comes out of their sick minds, i hope you're already preparing your plan B, community can wait months for your animations like we do with Amra if you can find something better to feed your kids.

F95 isn't so easy to be put down
Yeah, I have a plan B, I'm learning programming and Unity for make my own game, but at the moment, I dont have nothing more.

And yes, surely EA can do what he wants with our creations, but they are the first ones interested in this going forward. They know us from the beginning, they were even in contact with Turbodriver, so I really think that they also benefit from us.

And of course, the Sims 4 have an ending, but I've been cheering since the Sims 3, so I expect a Sims 5 for 2020-22, why not? ... But I hope to be making my own game on those dates, it's my dream.

In anyway and as said before I will try to do better updates. Now Im working in wondefull animations for Basemental Drugs if you like that mod.

Emoon

May 4, 2017
And yes, surely EA can do what he wants with our creations, but they are the first ones interested in this going forward. They know us from the beginning, they were even in contact with Turbodriver, so I really think that they also benefit from us.
But just to be clear here it was not because of appreciation, it was because of the mods name. He had to rename it from WickedWhoohoo to WickedWhims. Surely a stupid and pedantic decision from EA but yeah that's the reason.

============
Small NinjaEdit: The following isn't directed to you Mike.

As for the whole patreon thing. I usually support the idea of modders getting a few bucks for their work, IF their work is good enough. But the current situation with Patreon and animations for WW is pretty much out of hand. Their are certainly some Animators who deliver good stuff but the vast majority of it is trash.
I know if i don't like them i don't have to use them and i don't use 'em but it's really hard these days to filter the crap from the good stuff. Quite a few creators don't even bother with providing some previews and others don't even bother learning animating properly, they just burp out stiff figures who move in slow-mo. And if you write them a PM on LL asking why the animations are so slow and stiff you get the answer and i quote "They are old i have much better ones on Patreon. Link here".

I don't get the problem and i would love it if someone could enlighten me on it. But why can't you (Patreon creators) not release your anims for free on LL and offer a patreon link for anyone who is willing to support? Why hiding behind a paywall, why all the tiers and exclusives? I get that your time is important and i'm more than willing to support you IF (again) your work is good enough and if it's not than you're wasting your time and my money.

K.Leoric

Jul 4, 2017
Yeah, I have a plan B, I'm learning programming and Unity for make my own game, but at the moment, I dont have nothing more.

And of course, the Sims 4 have an ending, but I've been cheering since the Sims 3, so I expect a Sims 5 for 2020-22, why not? ... But I hope to be making my own game on those dates, it's my dream.

In anyway and as said before I will try to do better updates. Now Im working in wondefull animations for Basemental Drugs if you like that mod.
Good to know, i really like Basemental Drugs, can't wait to see what's coming. I hope you know the reality that piracy cannot be stoped, but i hope you stick around here like many other animators and CC creators do to get a lot of good critcism that usually appears in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes