Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

martin24

May 16, 2018
Maybe it's funny for you, but is my live, Im living with this, making animations, I have two childs, I dont have other work and i need to live. Do you work free? I think nobody works free.

They are old updates because you have the newest. Patreon is suck, well is your point, but without patreon the most of creator dont work on it every month... Amra is a genious, wonderfull animations, the best but you need to wait a lot of months for one updatte and maybe he never upload other updated again(i dont know) Im uploading every months updates in Loverslab and Patreon, the community is live. Obviously the patrons get more benefits, they are support us our life or my life (I speak for me) I understand your point, but you dont understand my point. And yes... for me, take me a lot of hours make a simple animation. When you ruined our job mabye will leave the animations and nobody benefits. So with patreon all we can benefits.

jF1983

Jan 29, 2018
I dont mean to upset you Martin24 and please don't take this the wrong way, I don't know if you are Mike or Az, or whoever you may be and I am not condoning what this guy is doing, but say you are Mike24, do you think the $10 a month charge is fair? If it were $3 I can understand your point better, but what some animators charge is a little excessive, some would say greedy .. $120 dollars a year you ask people to part with.

I dont blame people for leaking them when sims 4 says you should not hide behind a paywall or at least release your content after 5 weeks. Perhaps if you lowered your prices, more people would be happy to buy them and less people will want to leak them? Especially when so many of the animations are recycled. You are basically asking people to pay what they could for a whole new sims add on pack every month for a couple animations? I understand you put a lot of hard work into it and that is appreciated! But still no one can afford to pay all the animators..Especially when they keep upping their prices.

Looking at how many patrons you have Mike24 you must be making $7,500 per month?

martin24

May 16, 2018
I'm Mike24... I love this world, and I really want to live with this. I will upload more updates but the creators need some adventages with respect public release, if not, nobody support us, it's obvious. I'm sad, i'm not scammer. You want to continued ruined my work... go ahead, it's easier ruined the people life from the anonymity.

There are people who want to support us because believe in our job. With time all my job will be release in the forum, as in Sims 3 and other games. Repeat, all months I upload animations in Loverslab and Patreon, and I really think all people is benefit.

I will upload earlier the updates. But I need before to find the perfect balance between public release and patreon versions.

martin24

May 16, 2018
$7,500 per month the struggle must be real.
I'm not gaining 7500 $... but if you are interest I'm gaining 5,300 $ in this moment. And... you can think, this is a lof of money WOOOW. Im really bad for need to explain this, but... I dont know in your country, but in my country i pay in taxes about 45% (yeah!! its true), then 2,5% paypal and 5% patreon. So I have about 2000$ for live with two childs... (pay food, house rental, clothes, school of my childs, health insurance, etc,) I only can say... it's nothing exagerated.

And, iis it bad to make money??

RandomCrsz

Dec 14, 2017
I missed it. Anyone recap what was said? This reminds me, I went to an animators tumblr a while back (big mistake) and they were complaining that LL was too "toxic" to them and their work. What the hell? That place is a damn safe space, the worst thing they have to worry about is some broken english "u mod suck break game when next free?" kinds of shit.

Wish EA would just go full "FUCK EVERYTHING" mode on mod creators like how they do development studios they absorb but then we'd never see that glorious full release of the period system of WW in 2020. I'm still mad over no tampons yet.
Didn't get to catch the Mike one but as for Azmodan someone called him out on his "ish" respectfully. All they basically said was how they felt he kept most of his animations behind a paywall and releases the old animations from months ago to LL. The guy was being very honest and respectful about it though, it got a lot of thumbs up and others even joined in saying they agreed with what he said. Just honest, respectful comments. Azmodan got upset about it saying how he does a lot of work and it takes time and blah blah blah.... the end. It's pathetic how they operate over there, no one was harassing anyone. They just had their own voice.

RobinF

Nov 30, 2017
do you think the $10 a month charge is fair? If it were $3 I can understand your point better, but what some animators charge is a little excessive, some would say greedy .. $120 dollars a year you ask people to part with.
I totally agree with you. Pirating in mostly is a problem related to how things are sold/pricing. If you overcharge, people will find a way to get it for free. Who doesn't remember the frenzy of Napster? Now we can get our fav song for less than 2 bucks. No hassle, fair price and I personally don't know a single person that still pirates music. Does it still exists? Yeah, but not like it once was.

Now, Mike25, I don't enjoy seeing people desperate and afraid that their income could just disappear from under their feet, but you have to think about what you're doing. If this is a business to you, treat it like a business. Plan the prices accordingly: with fair prices you can have more people pledging and that's how you should work on a digital market: the more people you have the better for you. It may seem great to have 10 people pledging 20 bucks, but you should aim at 100 people @ 2 bucks. At U$2 (as an example) people will rarely think about canceling something that costs less than a coffee and if 5 people drop you, you won't feel it. 5 people at U$20 is another story, right?

Also, build a relationship with the community, communicate, listen, give back some, and don't piss off the community being sarcastic and greedy. Not saying you are, but some creators have a terrible attitude. Plan on releasing some of your stuff after the 5 weeks like EA suggested.

I understand the fear that patrons would disappear if you shared your goods, but honestly if they are supporting you and they know what's up with what EA stated about paywalls, they won't mind. People are not as stingy as you may think.

Just looking at what goes on here, some people share things they pledged with us. They don't have to, but they do it anyway and I don't believe any one of them wants to hurt the creators. They do it because they want to help out some of us that can't afford to pledge at the moment, something that could be avoided if you guys did it yourselves in the first place.

Sorry for the wall of text friends, I need it to get it out of my chest. ::|:

_Fin_

Jan 2, 2018
I'd like to reply to many things, but let's stop, thread has been deviated quite a bit, we should go back on what matters. For chit-chats remember, there's always the private convo.
Things won't change, so let's stop provocations and trolls here.
We don't want war, and it's pretty clear LL introduced their new rule, written in edgy red characters:
"don't like Patreon? Then do your own animations, kid. Nothing personnel."

MiSFiT203

May 7, 2017
It's funny because even with Azmodan saying that he does not want to put his premium animations on loverslab Gregahit still threatned the users like we're a bunch of nobodies while at the same time proving that LL don't gives a shit about the EA rules. It makes me really mad seeing what happened to loverslab, good thing i have f95 now.

The best post is Mike24 saying "Great update!! Thanks Azmo!!" after all this mess. Hahahaha it seems scammers should stick together.
barely ever go to loverslab anymore since i found this site, feels like ages lol. i guess it's a good thing i left. it was the earlier of patreon times when Oniki-kay started neglecting the LL thread and started making people wait for 6 months or more without a free update and no longer offered support. i used to be for patreon and modders getting paid in the beginning because i felt that they deserved it. but that total lack of support for free users is what really turned me off to the whole idea.

its one thing to let people donate money to you cause they love your work and would love so much to show their appreciation that they want to donate, but arent forced to, but when you go and totally abandon your fan base and go pay only even for support, i couldnt believe it.

back then you were supposed to release updates within a few weeks or so if you posting paywall content on loverslab. i went on many a rants back then about it. guess LL decided its better to embrace patreon rather than delete one of its busiest threads that brings in more visitors. after hearing all this, i say good riddence.

martin24

May 16, 2018
I totally agree with you. Pirating in mostly is a problem related to how things are sold/pricing. If you overcharge, people will find a way to get it for free. Who doesn't remember the frenzy of Napster? Now we can get our fav song for less than 2 bucks. No hassle, fair price and I personally don't know a single person that still pirates music. Does it still exists? Yeah, but not like it once was.
Sorry for the wall of text friends, I need it to get it out of my chest. ::|:
As Finfin said, for me the debate it's finished...I don't agree with some things that have been said here, but I will not argue with anyone. I just want to say that I understand your position, and I don't think I have disrespected anyone. Regarding the price ... it's complicated, but I'm going to try to have more recent updates for public releases ... I'll keep going every month, but I'll be doing bigger updates to get closer to the recent animations. And as I said before, find the perfect balance between the loverslab version and the patreon version.

ark735

Sep 25, 2017
did you atleast check the MEGA link at the front page? if not here (motherlode anims)
Sorry for not clarifying; I knew of the mega folder. What I meant to ask was whether or not anyone was still subscribed to him/her, after seeing that there was a patreon update on the 14th of this month.

Reactions: Kamenashi

martin24

May 16, 2018
@martin24 good to see you here, and appreciate your peaceful approach to the subject, and nice to see your willing to listen to the voices speaking to you, with an open mind and willing to consider making changes. Thanks.
Thanks MiSFiT203! Now I'm working too in very complex animations for Basemental Drugs ( a big project of animation that consuming much time) but the next public release will be bigger for get closer to the recent updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes