Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 12053

This question is might be off-topic but; How is the performance of the game with the mods and official DLC?
I remember Sims 3 being laggy as hell with or without mods/DLC...

kaprol88

Sep 23, 2017
This question is might be off-topic but; How is the performance of the game with the mods and official DLC?
It depends on your rig and the amount of mods you have. I noticed that when I have a lot of CC (clothes mostly), the game slows down a lot (sometimes the loading time can be over 30 minutes with serious lagging ingame, but it's not game-breaking). However if I only have mods (like Wickedwhims, MCC, etc....) without any CC items, the game barely slows down (the game loads up in 1-2 minutes, instead of 30). Right now I took out every clothing item, but kept the CC hair (I like alpha hair a lot more, than that Maxis Mess) and makeup (CC makeup is way superior) and I barely notice any slowdown (maybe a little bit) and the game loads up in 3-4 minutes.

Sims 3 is another story ...

Spillthebeans

Jun 21, 2017
Let's put it this way: You could have over 50gb of mods in 4 with all dlc and it would still run better all around compared to 3 with just the base game, no mods and no expansions.
It's like night and day but it comes at a cost. If you're coming from 3 then you really have to lower your expectations, 4 isn't a bad game by itself but following 3 it just can't fill the shoes its predecessor left behind.

D

Deleted member 12053

It depends on your rig and the amount of mods you have. I noticed that when I have a lot of CC (clothes mostly), the game slows down a lot (sometimes the loading time can be over 30 minutes with serious lagging ingame, but it's not game-breaking). However if I only have mods (like Wickedwhims, MCC, etc....) without any CC items, the game barely slows down (the game loads up in 1-2 minutes, instead of 30). Right now I took out every clothing item, but kept the CC hair (I like alpha hair a lot more, than that Maxis Mess) and makeup (CC makeup is way superior) and I barely notice any slowdown (maybe a little bit) and the game loads up in 3-4 minutes.

Sims 3 is another story ...
Let's put it this way: You could have over 50gb of mods in 4 with all dlc and it would still run better all around compared to 3 with just the base game, no mods and no expansions.
It's like night and day but it comes at a cost. If you're coming from 3 then you really have to lower your expectations, 4 isn't a bad game by itself but following 3 it just can't fill the shoes its predecessor left behind.
So its worth a try then, thanks a lot!

Glendore

Jun 22, 2017
Merge as many files as possible using sims studio. less files quicker load.

PerVertex

Jun 22, 2018
Merge as many files as possible using sims studio. less files quicker load.
Can confirm.
I have over 8000 files and merge them per creator (minus animations and other things that regularly update) which brings it down to less than 1500 files. the difference in loading speed on a high end computer with m2 SSD's is a minute or so, but I can imagine on lower end computers this will drastically reduce loading times as well.

_Fin_

Jan 2, 2018
Salarm update:
Pass:
SALARMOJS-G.O.S
List:
*SEXY TRAINING SERIES: (PUNCHING BAG)

TEASING MF (Sexy-Training_ACT1)

HANDJOB MF (Sexy-Training_ACT2)

ORALJOB MF (Sexy-Training_ACT3)

VAGINAL MF (Sexy-Training_ACT4)

VAGINAL MF (Sexy-Training_ACT5)

CLIMAX MF (Sexy-Training_ACT6)

6DarkRaven9

Nov 14, 2017
I'm confused on Sal's files do I just take all four files and put them into the mods folder?

MaxwellPowers91

May 20, 2018
I'm so confused with ooOLaLaWorld animation now.
what is his latest file?
I saw here someone posted fix attempt 7 and on his LL download it says something about finalfix but on his patreon there it says update#7 so idk which one is the latest version and the one that don't produces LE's

MiSFiT203

May 7, 2017
what is his latest file?
I saw here someone posted fix attempt 7 and on his LL download it says something about finalfix but on his patreon there it says update#7 so idk which one is the latest version and the one that don't produces LE's
I get it, i ended up feeling better just deleting ooOLaLaWorld than getting an update, it was just getting too confusing with all the update fixes. but try this one posted yesterday, im bout to do the same.

Cudder

Feb 13, 2018
what is his latest file?
both of them are the same file

kekzor

Aug 8, 2017
Everything worked fine then suddenly today I get a pop-up on launch saying WhickedWhims is outdated, and the game is super slow for a while then a full notification wall of MCC errors.

Got latest version (WickedWhims 3.3.4.132.2 - 23 June 2018).

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes