erisedxes

Mar 17, 2018
some hints is a bit bugged & very minor typos, overall less variant of body type of models (personally prefer curvy models without fake tits but nevermind)
but overall a good game with well-thought plot and good tempo of story progress
and finally the BGM choice is a bit off, I play the game with lofi playlist which is quite nice.

Naskura

Sep 18, 2018
So Just discovered the game today, it's great, but there's nothing to show the status of the Water in the house and when you check the story hint it doesn't say anything about needing to find and fix the well so wasn't looking for it while trying to get to where I could progress with Jillian I ended up with an unexpected game over because there was nothing to say Focus on the Well, My phone Computer Screen app says I am on Step 21, and the Walkthrough says the well starts with event 27.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
So Just discovered the game today, it's great, but there's nothing to show the status of the Water in the house and when you check the story hint it doesn't say anything about needing to find and fix the well so wasn't looking for it while trying to get to where I could progress with Jillian I ended up with an unexpected game over because there was nothing to say Focus on the Well, My phone Computer Screen app says I am on Step 21, and the Walkthrough says the well starts with event 27.
Yeah... Dannot Games, I had issues with the water system as well. The tutorial says that the water system is designed to be "easier and less punitive that the food" when, in fact, it is exactly the opposite! Since the tutorial made it sound so easy, I didn't give it much thought initially and lost an entire in game week of game play when I nearly ran out of water!

So, I reloaded and set about to fill EVERYTHING!!! It took me nearly two weeks just to fill them all... Toting water from the well to the barrels at the farm, then moving that to both vats, two well dips per barrel trip, two barrel trips per vat, then the five day wait for the first to finish then manually transfer that to the tank at the farm only to start all over filling barrels from the well, transferring that to the empty vat, refilling the barrels, then the other vat's purification cycle was finished so manually transferred THAT water to the tank at the farm then refilling THAT vat, then refilling the barrels... It is an ENDLESS fucking cycle!!! Filling and transferring water containers was ALL that MC got done for two weeks in game!!! I think I am finally ahead of the cycle at present and will see how much rain we get so I can hopefully stop making so many trips to the well to fill the barrels at the farm. However, it STILL takes two days worth of rain to fill only ONE of the vats and there are TWO vats to keep full. Those girls use way too much water! It is quite literally all I got done since making it past that point in the story. What the water tutorial SHOULD say is "Careful, this part of the game is designed to kick your ass, run you ragged and make sure you don't have any free time to fuck the girls!" SMH:oops::rolleyes::eek:

My first thought was MUCH simpler... Grab a pipe wrench from the tool box, go out to where the water was shut off, turn that master valve back on and leave a note in a zip lock bag attached to the water valve with a zip tie that reads, "There are people living in this area. Please DO NOT shut off the water again! Thank you, the residents of this community." If they don't have zip ties, EVERYONE has duct tape! What a mess!!! The water system is so grindy that I don't even want to fuck the girls now... What a nightmare! Even now that I think I am ahead of the cycle MC will STILL need to spend at least a portion of EVERY day and at least one or two entire days each week just on water management!

I just hope I finally got ahead of the process here. Otherwise, this could ruin the entire game for me. I feel like the the Water Boy! "Mamma says... ma-ma-Mama says it's da devil!" Hahaha:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Adventure ever on my friends, Phat:censored:

Last edited:

BigPoppaLoppa

Jun 29, 2020
Im to a point where I'm supposed to take the car in the morning and go meet a girl but I don't have any gas for the car so I cant progress in the game

Zirenaz

Feb 20, 2020
Im to a point where I'm supposed to take the car in the morning and go meet a girl but I don't have any gas for the car so I cant progress in the game
For now the only useful option, unfortunately, is to save and edit the save file. I can recommend

Reactions: BigPoppaLoppa

Dannot Games

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
About the problem where the water system triggers at event 21 instead of 27: I've corrected it in v0.10. I will check in the coming days if I have time to do a v0.9.1. The v0.10 is already well advanced, so I may focus on it to release it quickly, or with more content.

Yeah... Dannot Games, I had issues with the water system as well.
Your feedback is interesting. You wanted to push the main tank full, but if you let the rain coming in, it's not enough?

I plan a few things, like :
-Ask a girl to do actions to help you, like going to the well. (Vina in your house, Alina in the other one.)
-Reduce the time to filter the water (5 days --> 4 days.)

I also plan to do a special application for the water system, but it's not in the next release.

Do you think the rain should fully fill the containers?

What I said with "less punitive" is about the issue: If you go under 0L, it's not game over.

You have a few ways to obtain fuel.
-Search the farm.
-Talk to Aidra during afternoon.
-Help Aidra to extend her greenhouse.

All these events are unique, so don't spam your car in the morning to go to Jillian's house.

Naskura

Sep 18, 2018
Yeah... Dannot Games, I had issues with the water system as well. The tutorial says that the water system is designed to be "easier and less punitive that the food" when, in fact, it is exactly the opposite! Since the tutorial made it sound so easy, I didn't give it much thought initially and lost an entire in game week of game play when I nearly ran out of water!

So, I reloaded and set about to fill EVERYTHING!!! It took me nearly two weeks just to fill them all... Toting water from the well to the barrels at the farm, then moving that to both vats, two well dips per barrel trip, two barrel trips per vat, then the five day wait for the first to finish then manually transfer that to the tank at the farm only to start all over filling barrels from the well, transferring that to the empty vat, refilling the barrels, then the other vat's purification cycle was finished so manually transferred THAT water to the tank at the farm then refilling THAT vat, then refilling the barrels... It is an ENDLESS fucking cycle!!! Filling and transferring water containers was ALL that MC got done for two weeks in game!!! I think I am finally ahead of the cycle at present and will see how much rain we get so I can hopefully stop making so many trips to the well to fill the barrels at the farm. However, it STILL takes two days worth of rain to fill only ONE of the vats and there are TWO vats to keep full. Those girls use way too much water! It is quite literally all I got done since making it past that point in the story. What the water tutorial SHOULD say is "Careful, this part of the game is designed to kick your ass, run you ragged and make sure you don't have any free time to fuck the girls!" SMH:oops::rolleyes::eek:

My first thought was MUCH simpler... Grab a pipe wrench from the tool box, go out to where the water was shut off, turn that master valve back on and leave a note in a zip lock bag attached to the water valve with a zip tie that reads, "There are people living in this area. Please DO NOT shut off the water again! Thank you, the residents of this community." If they don't have zip ties, EVERYONE has duct tape! What a mess!!! The water system is so grindy that I don't even want to fuck the girls now... What a nightmare! Even now that I think I am ahead of the cycle MC will STILL need to spend at least a portion of EVERY day and at least one or two entire days each week just on water management!

I just hope I finally got ahead of the process here. Otherwise, this could ruin the entire game for me. I feel like the the Water Boy! "Mamma says... ma-ma-Mama says it's da devil!" Hahaha:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

To be fair Water is a Necessity and going three days without can kill a person faster than lack of food, as for the shut off water, it may not be as simple as a pipe having been shut off, it could be a power supply issue to the municipal water pump station. That being said being able to renovate a Fishing Shack and a well he should have the know how of how to make an Aqueduct system to do most of the hard work for him. Could also tear out the plumbing and make a distillation system that takes the non potable water evaporates it and then distills it into barrels for consumption. Since water is so heavy it should be built first to the house in the spinney and everyone has to shower / cook at that house at least until the MC can expand the system to the M.C.'s as his house has the Solar system to keep things running better.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
About the problem where the water system triggers at event 21 instead of 27: I've corrected it in v0.10. I will check in the coming days if I have time to do a v0.9.1. The v0.10 is already well advanced, so I may focus on it to release it quickly, or with more content.

Your feedback is interesting. You wanted to push the main tank full, but if you let the rain coming in, it's not enough?

I plan a few things, like :
-Ask a girl to do actions to help you, like going to the well. (Vina in your house, Alina in the other one.)
-Reduce the time to filter the water (5 days --> 4 days.)

I also plan to do a special application for the water system, but it's not in the next release.

Do you think the rain should fully fill the containers?

What I said with "less punitive" is about the issue: If you go under 0L, it's not game over.
Okay... First... I have to say that I LOVE this game! :love::love::love::love::love:
It is really fun and incredibly sexy. I have been and still am fully enjoying it! :love::love::love::love::love:
(water works issues aside...)

*Why would I want potentially contaminated rain water in the main elevated water tank at the farm? That is where we pump all of the purified water from the vats at the homes once it has been purified. The main water tank then feeds the homes with clean, potable water for cooking, washing and drinking and allows for some modest water pressure caused by the gravity feed. Allowing unpurified rain water into the main elevated pure tank is like letting the dog drink from the toilet right after you urinated and didn't bother to flush. It just doesn't make sense. The elevated tower tank at the farm should be a sealed system, not allowing ANY outside contaminates into the final drinking water supply. The only exception would need to be including small, filtered air intake ducts under the roof of the tank to allow air intake to prevent a vacuum from forming. Allowing a vacuum to form would cause the water to be retained in the tank and not allow proper water flow. The amount of filtered ventilation allowed for the tank would control the overall water pressure as well.

*Where rain collection SHOULD happen is for the vat that purifies the water. In fact, there should be two vats at each home, Spinney included for a total of 6 vats. One vat at each site to collect rain water then transfer the collected rain into the purification vat to be processed. The current system is overly complicated and totally flawed. Field water purification and supply was my military occupational specialty (MOS 1171) during my tenure as an active duty US Marine.

*If there are only those two vats available, they should be networked together as one unit in one location to capture rain in one and purify with the other. Most of the purification processes we performed in the field as Marines only took a matter of hours or at most, over night with pure water available in the morning. Anything longer than 24 hours is ridiculous and just manipulating the game to artificially increase the difficulty.

*It was my initial impression that the blue barrels would be moved near the gardens to allow rain water collection to water the crops. The plant life is "drinking" the rain water already, absorbing what falls there naturally. The plant life can filter the rain water on it's own. Our bodies are prone to getting dysentery and other afflictions from a wide range of issues that can result from humans consuming impure water. Digging irrigation ditches around the crops would allow MC to adjust the barrel's bottom valve to allow a slow trickle of water into the irrigation system and turned off once irrigation is complete. TBH, the blue barrels would merely be a failsafe to water the gardens, like if there had been no rain for a while THEN irrigate using the stored rain water. The irrigation barrels could still be manually filled from the well too, if needed.

I have presented logical scenarios using the materials provided in game. The elevated tank would still need to be sealed and the additional vats would need to be found or the existing two combined; one for collection, the other for purification. It would actually make greater sense to have the vats much closer to the main elevated tank at the farm as well as it is the primary water source for running water in the homes. The rain collection vat(s) could still be filled manually from the well using the same barrels by the gardens if there are too many days without rain. That is my educated opinion on what should transpire. However, my first thought is still to take a pipe wrench out to the water main and reopen the main valve to restore full water pressure to the homes and attaching a note to the valve letting whoever came to shut it off that there are, in fact, residents in the area who NEED that water ON.

Hope that helps, my friend. Adventure ever on, Phat;)(y)

Last edited:

Dannot Games

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
To be fair Water is a Necessity and going three days without can kill a person faster than lack of food, as for the shut off water, it may not be as simple as a pipe having been shut off, it could be a power supply issue to the municipal water pump station. That being said being able to renovate a Fishing Shack and a well he should have the know how of how to make an Aqueduct system to do most of the hard work for him. Could also tear out the plumbing and make a distillation system that takes the non potable water evaporates it and then distills it into barrels for consumption. Since water is so heavy it should be built first to the house in the spinney and everyone has to shower / cook at that house at least until the MC can expand the system to the M.C.'s as his house has the Solar system to keep things running better.
I know that water is a necessity, that's why I didn't want to make this gameplay as a side event. This game has a management part, some people are playing sandbox game to do more than rushing events like a VN. It's hard to please everyone.
But if I make an omnipresent gameplay, it could be boring too (It's still an adult game too...). It's hard to find the right balance.

*Why would I want potentially contaminated rain water in the main elevated water tank at the farm? That is where we pump all of the purified water from the vats at the homes once it has been purified. The main water tank then feeds the homes with clean, potable water for cooking, washing and drinking and allows for some modest water pressure caused by the gravity feed. Allowing unpurified rain water into the main elevated pure tank is like letting the dog drink from the toilet right after you urinated and didn't bother to flush. It just doesn't make sense.
I think you misunderstood me. Do you think the rain during the night should fill the containers ? Actually, it's filling only half of them, 100L/200L. Of course the rain will not fill the main tank.

*Most of the purification processes we performed in the field as Marines only took a matter of hours or at most, over night with pure water available in the morning. Anything longer than 24 hours is ridiculous and just manipulating the game to artificially increase the difficulty.
So,if I reduce the purification time, it's still coherent for you? I agree that 5 days is too much now.

Digging irrigation ditches around the crops would allow MC to adjust the barrel's bottom valve to allow a slow trickle of water into the irrigation system and turned off once irrigation is complete. TBH, the blue barrels would merely be a failsafe to water the gardens, like if there had been no rain for a while THEN irrigate using the stored rain water. The irrigation barrels could still be manually filled from the well too, if needed.
I was already thinking that the crops should have their own system. Currently, when you work in the garden you pick 10L from the containers, and the count doesn't fall right, you finish at 390/400L in the vat, it's not pleasant.
Irrigation system or something else is coming in v0.10.

About the position of the containers, I asked myself a few time about it... I will continue to think about it, and maybe do a change or add more in the v0.11 (Already lots of things to do in v0.10).

Thanks for your feedback, it helps me to improve the game!

Reactions: PapaPhat

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I know that water is a necessity, that's why I didn't want to make this gameplay as a side event. This game has a management part, some people are playing sandbox game to do more than rushing events like a VN. It's hard to please everyone.
But if I make an omnipresent gameplay, it could be boring too (It's still an adult game too...). It's hard to find the right balance.

I think you misunderstood me. Do you think the rain during the night should fill the containers ? Actually, it's filling only half of them, 100L/200L. Of course the rain will not fill the main tank.

So,if I reduce the purification time, it's still coherent for you? I agree that 5 days is too much now.

I was already thinking that the crops should have their own system. Currently, when you work in the garden you pick 10L from the containers, and the count doesn't fall right, you finish at 390/400L in the vat, it's not pleasant.
Irrigation system or something else is coming in v0.10.

About the position of the containers, I asked myself a few time about it... I will continue to think about it, and maybe do a change or add more in the v0.11 (Already lots of things to do in v0.10).

Thanks for your feedback, it helps me to improve the game!
Still think you missed most of my suggestion but I am glad you are working to simplify the process regardless of your solution. I'm going to try once more to break this down very simply... (pretty sure I even confused myself last try...):ROFLMAO:

You capture the rain plus any extra needed from the well in one vat or set of vats. You pump that into the purification vat or set of vats. Then you pump the purified water into the elevated holding tank up on the tower to be distributed via gravity to the homes. That is it. Easy Breezy, Lemon Squeezy.:love:(y)

Irrigation water can be rain water and collected separately near the gardens.

Regarding placement of equipment
... If sufficient electrical cable is available to reach the farm from MC's solar power then the whole water works should move to the farm (less wear on pumps, lower electrical usage.) If electrical cable is in short supply but there is plenty of pipe for plumbing, then put the entire water collection and purification system next to the solar power source at MC's place and pump the pure water up to the tower tank at the farm for distribution to the homes.

The current system is overly complicated. My suggestions are much simpler and easier to manage. BTW... I have the greenhouse finished and ready to plant fruit now. That is going to be sweet! Thank you!:love: Any chance we might be able to transplant that wild strawberry bush up there too??? That would be EXTRA sweet:love:

Hope this helps, my friend. Adventure ever on, Phat;)(y)

RaH_GS

Apr 12, 2018
Hey all, I looked it up but couldn't find my answer: for some reason, I don't have any pier option in the beach. I'm pretty far into the game, and repaired the fishing house, but I don't know how to get to the pier, and it's a major location to advance past where I currently am. Did I miss something or is there a known bug?

Reactions: Flashnine

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020

When I saw all the runs I had to make well/farm/garden......and saw my water going down only took me 0.000000000001% of a second to got o saveeditor and added 99999 water, can't blame a guy for wanting his girls clean,also ever hear that "save water shower with a friend" so just trying survive in this fck'up world with all the girls for me...ahhh what a hard life.:sneaky:

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
When I saw all the runs I had to make well/farm/garden......and saw my water going down only took me 0.000000000001% of a second to got o saveeditor and added 99999 water, can't blame a guy for wanting his girls clean,also ever hear that "save water shower with a friend" so just trying survive in this fck'up world with all the girls for me...ahhh what a hard life.:sneaky:
Yeah... the post you keyed from was a bit of rambling rant so I revised what I had to say in a new message to the dev here... https://f95zone.to/threads/the-spinney-v0-9-dannot-games.125535/post-10678865

Speaking of showering with a friend... I did stop by the Spinney a couple of times to have a late splash and a BJ with Kinsey during the many arduous trips back to the well in the woods. Pretty sure I am finally caught up with water after 2 full in game weeks of playing burro con agua morning, noon and night but the current system is still too wonky to manage properly. Field Water Purification and Supply was my job as a US Marine, as I mentioned above. I can set up my gear and have a proper flow of potable and palatable water (meaning it is pure and also tastes pleasant) in a few short hours, not five days. In a survival situation, I know how to make purified water in a multitude of ways from simple hand held units made from a simple plastic bottle with the bottom sliced off then having a bit of T-shirt fabric jammed inside, covered with sand and finally some activated carbon (the black char on burnt wood.) One of those will keep you alive in a crisis but I know how to improvise solutions for an entire platoon, company or even multiple companies of troops or fellow survivors. However, I would need access to better resources than just the few bits and bobs I just mentioned. Hahaha:ROFLMAO:

Anyway, always good to hear from you, my friend. Adventure ever on, Phat;)(y)

Reactions: chicho1958

Smthngintheway

Jun 4, 2022
Hey all, I looked it up but couldn't find my answer: for some reason, I don't have any pier option in the beach. I'm pretty far into the game, and repaired the fishing house, but I don't know how to get to the pier, and it's a major location to advance past where I currently am. Did I miss something or is there a known bug?
You need to talk to vina about fishing rod in evening in her room

4.10 star(s) 39 Votes