VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Stillness [Chp.1] [Chrysanthemum]

SultrySidewinder

Jun 10, 2020
I'm not really sure if it's like this in any other country, but in American colleges, you can choose a concentration (which is different than Majoring in something, it actually makes your major a little more specific usually) which essentially just means that the classes you take will all be directed toward that concentration.

For instance, if you're getting a degree in history, you might have a concentration on American history, so most of your classes will be in American History. The game takes that concept and broadens it to allow these students to essentially make their own curriculum by what they choose to concentrate in.

Hope that clears it up!
Some American colleges/universities have that, I've always seen it called a "Focus." Maybe other colleges/universities refer to it differently though.

Chrys_Anthemum

Game Developer
Dec 18, 2022
Some American colleges/universities have that, I've always seen it called a "Focus." Maybe other colleges/universities refer to it differently though.
Huh, I’ve never heard it called a focus before. Then again, I’m in the northeast and I know we say a lot of things differently than the majority of the rest of the US, so maybe that’s it.

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Did I miss the part where we know why MC's hair goes from black to white before he is 20 years old? :unsure:

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
Great start, love that we have the option to not have an instant simp MC, the talking back to the blue haired girl is a good example. I'am definitely curious to see where the story goes. Keep it up.

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
Well, as a proof of concept it's pretty good. I enjoyed it, though there's one misstep I think was taken. The sister that was mentioned twice but never shown, unless tall and in black was supposed to be the sister. But really that's my only gripe, the rest I liked. Especially the part where the music was properly mixed. Nearly every ren'py/rpgm game here (that I've played) with music has it freaking blaring. So it's always nice to come across one that isn't.
Unrelated note, is it weird that my first thought upon seeing Maria was "I want to fuck those ears"? Because I do. Immensely.
*Edit: Thinking back, one other gripe. "Lia, duck". MC has no reason to call her by a nickname. They're not friends.

Last edited:

Ghost''

Mar 17, 2021
The Stillness [Chp.1] Unofficial Android Port

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- 166mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Faptime and Thy4nd

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Just got around to trying this, and it was a pretty good start. Seems interesting enough, and curious how this will play out. Usually try to avoid school games (there just so many of them), but at least the characters are different than the typical school game.

Only one weird part, where the MC calls Lydia by a different name (Ceria). After he feeds her and she leaves, when he is lying on the couch. He is thinking about her and calls her Ceria instead of Lydia.

I do agree with MisterNephilim though, the MC does seem to be a bit of an edgelord. It's a bit off-putting, so hoping he grows in time and gets out of that funk. But at least he's not a creepy pervert like most other games lol. So that's a plus.

But yeah, enjoyed this one. Looking forward to how it goes. Thanks and best of luck with your project. ;)

Nobles

Apr 15, 2022
Im different, I like him being an edge lord and mostly negative. Mainly cause seeing his boy self being that naive kid, hes realized that life isnt just flowers and rainbows. So I get the feeling he grew up knowing how shit the world is (explained with his fantasy stories and mothers death). And its a good character to take him on the role of a baddass. While he may ease off al ittle once the rapport with the girls starts happening and maybe tarts to be happier?. But I also expect he will put some girls in place too ^_~ So its an interesting start for me.

I like having a few options on how I wanted the MC to play out. Even if its just flavour text, its enjoyable and some of those roasts were pretty good. Fighting fight with fire is how I wanted to roll.

Also would like to give subconious-san a good high five. I feel like we will be good friends :)

Would like to ask where the sister is and if she be making an appearance as well. He did mention her but we never saw her.

One thing I didnt like, and its a pev of mine.. is the Kemonomimi girls (mainly beast girls) who have 2 sets of ears human and beast. I kinda get that the models may come with human ears, but you should at least try to use some hairstyle that hides them as best as you can.

Overall I liked it. Seems like its going to have a good array of girls. But felt a little short.

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
Seem very promising so far
One issue with 6: Like you said earlier, they were expelled for sexual harassment. "sexually dominating" isn't the same as grabbing a handful or making lewd jokes. I'm not saying 6 is completely wrong, just that the correlation isn't quite right.

Bob Jared

Sep 22, 2017
One issue with 6: Like you said earlier, they were expelled for sexual harassment. "sexually dominating" isn't the same as grabbing a handful or making lewd jokes. I'm not saying 6 is completely wrong, just that the correlation isn't quite right.
Yeah I only said "sexual harassments" because that is the terminology that the principal used. I get the feeling they were simply all caught before it could get more extreme. Or she was being intentionally vague.

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
Yeah I only said "sexual harassments" because that is the terminology that the principal used. I get the feeling they were simply all caught before it could get more extreme. Or she was being intentionally vague.
Well the good thing with this being only prologue and chapter 1, there's plenty of time for things like that to be cleared up.

Nobles

Apr 15, 2022
Seem very promising so far
1 - Heh yeah, I was wondering if we would get expelled too, I mean, this content is why we are here right ^_^... but as seeing the MC is planning to get expelled, Its more resistant to not happen.

4- Which I like ,as it shares commonly with dreams, that you forget. As what I said in no.5

5. I kinda hope it just be a dream and its showing us his true desires, As Dreams can be weird random and the workinsg of the sub-conscious. not a fan of split personality crap at all.

6- well whos to say the girls dont want that ? When they feeling that good ? Their faces looked pretty happy to me, on cloud 9 ^_~. But yeah, if he gets caught that is.

Any just my thoughts for a response.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
Alright so far. The wide variety of monster girls is a plus. While the MC is an edge lord, he can at least take care of himself, and he does not simp over every girl right away. Story is entertaining so far.

The main negative is the render quality. While I think the girl's models look fine for the most part (they could be higher detailed but not that big of deal), the MC looks really flat(?). His face and hair just look off imo.

CoffeeSaint

Mar 12, 2022
Whos the cat girl in the pic you shared?
hey, Zareem,

hope this finds you well, mate.
my apologies, but I don't have any info on her;
I'm fond of .GIF animations, and I eventually gather them around the web.

cheers, buddy.

• Sad
Reactions: rKnight

battali0n

Oct 30, 2021
I've actually enjoyed the story so far. I am a bit confused about the term "concentration" being used in conjunction with education. I grew up in the united states and have never heard that before. For me it would be picking my "major" course of study. I suppose it could be some new fangled term they recently invented. Anyway, all that aside, I like the MC for the most part. I looked up the term Edge Lord because so many people mentioned it but I don't see that as a proper description on the MC. He obviously has deep seated anger issues that he struggles with but thankfully he is also inteligent but not belligerent (or at the very least you are not forcing us to play him that way). I can actually empathize with that. My dad is a Viet Nam veteran who experienced real horrors while over there and has to isolate himself from everyone else because he is always afraid that he is going to lose control and kill someone. His wife always jokes that there is a force field around the house keeping him in.
I hope the MC finds a healthy outlet for his anger and perhaps a way to move past it as anger is extremely destructive both for yourself and those around you. If not then his character will probably become boring very quickly.
There are way too many missing pieces in this story to make sense of it yet but hopefully the next chapter will shed some light on that. I am really hoping for a good story and not just a framework being used to justify sexual content with the girls. I did see the romance tag so I have hope.
The future tags look really bare. I don't mind if the sex is mostly vanilla but I do ask that if you do decide to add fetishes into the game that you consider making them optional, as in if you choose that you don't want it then the scene never happened. Some creators think having you skip content is good enough but if you know in your mind that it happened anyway then you would have to be psychotic to not be influenced by it. My personal pet peeve is creators deciding that they want girl on girl content so because it is a harem some of the Li's have to be Bi-sexual and lesbian content must be forced upon us. I personally don't want it but as long as it is optional and not canon I am fine with it.
You seem to have created a good variety of girls and I hope you weren't serious about the tropes and that they are indeed unique. They have barely been introduced but some of them are likable already and others I am reserving judgement on and being hopeful about.
I am looking forward to the next update. This has the potential to be really different and interesting.