giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
The Survival of Sarah Rose [v0.30] [HappyDaedalus]

COMPRESSED PC / MAC

- -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

HappyDaedalus

Game Developer
Dec 30, 2021
Is a pure lesbian run possible?
Yes, for all the major routes, a pure lesbian run is possible. Right now that covers most of the available routes. All the major routes will continue to have the option of lesbian-only, but certain side-branches/smaller routes might be more locked into specific categories (like exclusively straight, or exclusively lesbian).

Grandy_UiD

May 16, 2019
Yes, for all the major routes, a pure lesbian run is possible. Right now that covers most of the available routes. All the major routes will continue to have the option of lesbian-only, but certain side-branches/smaller routes might be more locked into specific categories (like exclusively straight, or exclusively lesbian).
That's awesome, I'll definitely give this a try then.

Reactions: MCDom and Irad

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
I took a look at this game quite a while ago (probably around the mage path update 0.15) but I did not make it far. Can't even remember why exactly, probably rl stuff forcing me to focus on stuff other than gaming and I kinda lost the touch.

Can someone tell me how much content (hours of gameplay) there roughly is currently if I go for the mage path? (From what I read I am kinda hesitant about the other paths)

Reactions: HappyDaedalus

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
So I rejected Marion's proposal, and in the next council scene there's a line about Sarah losing her husband which seems a tad odd to me, am I just missing or forgetting something from the older content I skipped?

Last edited:

HappyDaedalus

Game Developer
Dec 30, 2021
So I rejected Marion's proposal, and in the next council scene there's a line about Sarah losing her husband which seems a tad odd to me, am I just missing or forgetting something from the older content I skipped?

Thanks a lot for taking the time to spot these! I don't always have as much time to proof-read everything, so this really helps.

The first is a definite bug, a result of how I approached coding these diverging branches (very poorly), so it accidentally reflects a small reference from the text that only makes sense on the Varga-route, but not the route where you decide on neither.

The others are just flat-out mistakes.

I've corrected all of them, and starting from the next patch, they'll be fixed! Thanks for helping me make the game a bit better.

HappyDaedalus

Game Developer
Dec 30, 2021
I took a look at this game quite a while ago (probably around the mage path update 0.15) but I did not make it far. Can't even remember why exactly, probably rl stuff forcing me to focus on stuff other than gaming and I kinda lost the touch.

Can someone tell me how much content (hours of gameplay) there roughly is currently if I go for the mage path? (From what I read I am kinda hesitant about the other paths)
Start to finish (including the prelude), that route runs you about 80k words. Maybe about 50k of those are actually strictly Mage-path. Of course, this covers the whole body of the game, so some content will be hidden behind choices you don't make, so it will seem a bit thinner playing it, but not by too much.

All in all, I still think it's good for about 5-7 hours, depending on how fast you read. And while it definitely doesn't reach the end of the story, I do think it ends on a good enough note to feel satisfying for the time being.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Start to finish (including the prelude), that route runs you about 80k words. Maybe about 50k of those are actually strictly Mage-path. Of course, this covers the whole body of the game, so some content will be hidden behind choices you don't make, so it will seem a bit thinner playing it, but not by too much.

All in all, I still think it's good for about 5-7 hours, depending on how fast you read. And while it definitely doesn't reach the end of the story, I do think it ends on a good enough note to feel satisfying for the time being.
Thanks for taking the time to answer my question, 80K is almost as long as Harry Potter 1, so that is some proper story length. Definitely gonna check it out tonight & depending on how I feel about the (for now) end of that path I might try the princess path as well, for starters.
Since you confirmed before that all main routes have the option to go with just lesbian stuff if 1 wishes to it's probably a good idea to give everything a chance. Not many Visual Novels of this type come with that option, really big + in my book.

Oct 21, 2019
Okay I just stumbled on this but I have to make these comments real quick. 1. Is this game at all supposed to look and feel like Seeds of Chaos and this next question is for the Fighting game fans on this site 2. Image 4 that muthafucka on the right doesn't he look like Arakune from BlazBlue or is it just me?

AM97

Oct 9, 2017
Just want to say that some scenes lack an illustrations. The oasis one, the scene when you got back to Rosanna in the mage route, and when your with the thief and he fucks her in the ass as well

rachel12

Nov 18, 2018
I also turned down Marion, went to bed by myself, next thing I know. I'm married to Varga! Was hoping for a lesbian route...but is that possible doing the princess route?

zexelf

Dec 11, 2019
I also turned down Marion, went to bed by myself, next thing I know. I'm married to Varga! Was hoping for a lesbian route...but is that possible doing the princess route?
It seems Princess Route is straight only as you need to turn down Kate and in my route Sarah also marries to Varga.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
It seems Princess Route is straight only as you need to turn down Kate and in my route Sarah also marries to Varga.
The Dev confirmed on page 5 that there will be 2 lesbian routes for the princess one at some point, they haven't been implemented I'd guess, the update didn't mention them & I am pretty sure that is stuff that would be announced there.

Edit: Turns out the player can already walk on the 2 mentioned routes.

Last edited:

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
The Dev confirmed on page 5 that there will be 2 lesbian routes for the princess one at some point, they haven't been implemented I'd guess, the update didn't mention them & I am pretty sure that is stuff that would be announced there.
Isn't Lilly a path? She tries to kiss Sarah and is always close to her or is she just a side girl?

Really like this kind of VNs.

Thank you.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Isn't Lilly a path? She tries to kiss Sarah and is always close to her or is she just a side girl?

Really like this kind of VNs.

Thank you.
I haven't played the princess route, I will wait until the stuff gets added, since it doesn't sound as if it has been already. From what you describe it would seem plausible that Lily is 1 of the 2 mentioned routes that are definitely planned. I will do so later, Lily is 1 of the 2 existing lesbian routes for princesses, as the User ddfd writes.

Last edited:

ddfd

Jun 24, 2018
Both lesbo princess routes are already there, Lily and Carolyn. I believe you can't have any encounters with Varga to trigger them, so: Go back to bed (or talk to Marion) -> Reject Marion's proposal -> Turn Varga away

Do any of the choices in the new update actually matter? It seems like the only ones that do are the lesbian romance choices. Even the Thomas choice doesn't seem to matter since you end up in the same situation anyway.

Reactions: Orphanus
4.50 star(s) 60 Votes