asgardtipar2

May 24, 2018
Why do the sex CGs look so shrunk. Like they take about 20 percent of the screen in terms of width(I got only the first 2 Sex scenes with Kate), is it like that in the rest of the game, or does it improve?

asgardtipar2

May 24, 2018
Is it just me, but during the first sex scene with Varga, after the battle with Hassar, the screen went black without any scenes, just text.

HappyDaedalus

Game Developer
Dec 30, 2021
Why do the sex CGs look so shrunk. Like they take about 20 percent of the screen in terms of width(I got only the first 2 Sex scenes with Kate), is it like that in the rest of the game, or does it improve?
This is true for some of the first artworks yeah.
When I started out planning the release of the first version, I had an 'artistic vision' that more diverse and restricted shapes for the images would look interesting, so for example the idea was to have Kate/Sarah more focused instead of disappearing into the entire width of the artwork which would otherwise just be background work.

While I still think the art for that particular scene looks really good, I quickly realized that the effect it creates just sort of ends up looking weird instead of interesting or achieving what I had hoped.

You'll find most other CG's basically fill the entire screen, and this will apply to pretty much all the future planned content. It just looks better, I think. But for now, the game is still too early for me to go back and re-do these parts, that's a bit more down the line.

Is it just me, but during the first sex scene with Varga, after the battle with Hassar, the screen went black without any scenes, just text.
Some scenes in the game have black-screens to indicate that they are expected to have CG, but don't currently have one. The game had quite a lot of scenes for its initial release, so getting around to completing them all was not feasible.

As a compromise, I decided to put in the black screens as a way to show players that I do consciously plan to put artwork there. The alternative would have been to leave up the regular screen/character models, but I feel that would have equally distracted from the text.

Those screens that are black, will eventually one day be filled in with artwork though. When is hard to say because I also have to balance out my resources with pushing the content further. The most recent update (mage) and the upcoming update (soldier) are both pretty intensive in terms of art requirements, so they right now that's where my main priority is.

Hope this clears up some of my ideas/motivations.

asgardtipar2

May 24, 2018
This is true for some of the first artworks yeah.
When I started out planning the release of the first version, I had an 'artistic vision' that more diverse and restricted shapes for the images would look interesting, so for example the idea was to have Kate/Sarah more focused instead of disappearing into the entire width of the artwork which would otherwise just be background work.

While I still think the art for that particular scene looks really good, I quickly realized that the effect it creates just sort of ends up looking weird instead of interesting or achieving what I had hoped.

You'll find most other CG's basically fill the entire screen, and this will apply to pretty much all the future planned content. It just looks better, I think. But for now, the game is still too early for me to go back and re-do these parts, that's a bit more down the line.

Some scenes in the game have black-screens to indicate that they are expected to have CG, but don't currently have one. The game had quite a lot of scenes for its initial release, so getting around to completing them all was not feasible.

As a compromise, I decided to put in the black screens as a way to show players that I do consciously plan to put artwork there. The alternative would have been to leave up the regular screen/character models, but I feel that would have equally distracted from the text.

Those screens that are black, will eventually one day be filled in with artwork though. When is hard to say because I also have to balance out my resources with pushing the content further. The most recent update (mage) and the upcoming update (soldier) are both pretty intensive in terms of art requirements, so they right now that's where my main priority is.

Hope this clears up some of my ideas/motivations.
Yeah I guess that was the case with the second question. Thanks for your answers. Really enjoyed the game.
So far I managed to get the following paths:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I really love the game, and how it makes you feel that the choices you make actually matter, especially when defending the city. I also love how many paths there are to take. Story and characters are all really great. The artwork really does have a lot to be desired.. but I guess that's okay. I am sure with time it will be a bit better. Having said that. The art that IS in the game so far, in some instances is really good. Just would have loved to have more variation and responsivness during the scenes. For example for it to change during the scenes while the characters are doing what they doing, unlike just a still pic troughout the whole thing.

May 2, 2018
i haven't play the game yet but i would like to know if this like you only have text and make 1 choice after 10 min of reading or it actually a game where we make regular choice and have a gameplay

Douve

Jun 1, 2017
i haven't play the game yet but i would like to know if this like you only have text and make 1 choice after 10 min of reading or it actually a game where we make regular choice and have a gameplay
Regular choices with real importance (multiple paths that are completely diferents), as for the gameplay it's a VN so...

Last edited:
Reactions: 349120

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Not sure what you are asking. The game does not "only have text," it has text and images. The player makes decisions and then perhaps 10-20 slides play out the consequences of that decision, leading to another decision (or, sometimes, a game over). Like any other visual novel, it doesn't have "regular choices" that make a difference because that would create so many branches that the game could never be finished. It odes not have fake choices, though. There are few choices, but they are consequential. There is almost no "gameplay." It is a visual novel.

May 2, 2018
Not sure what you are asking. The game does not "only have text," it has text and images. The player makes decisions and then perhaps 10-20 slides play out the consequences of that decision, leading to another decision (or, sometimes, a game over). Like any other visual novel, it doesn't have "regular choices" that make a difference because that would create so many branches that the game could never be finished. It odes not have fake choices, though. There are few choices, but they are consequential. There is almost no "gameplay." It is a visual novel.
Regular choices with real importance (multiple paths that are completely diferents), as for the gameplay it's a VN so...
thanks you for your answer and what i wanted to say by only text is that we don't just have like 3 or 4 choice and after that only reading and watching picture

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
It is more like a text based game. I actually think it should have the tag because there are barely any image changes at all with lots and lots of words. Almost every sex scene has 1 image only, some don't even have any and no animations either.

I really don't get all the high ratings for this game it is rather boring but the sex scene artwork, what little there is, does look good.

Last edited:
Reactions: 349120

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
I have to say I am quite impressed with this product, especially given the project's apparent youth. I only fiddled around with some of the options after leaving the first country, but even from that point on I was pleased to have so many options both in terms of the story and the sexual options.

Being bi I always love a story that allows my heroine to pursue a lesbian path, hopefully that trend will continue. I don't know if this story will facilitate harem-esque developments, but so far I have been very satisfied, both by that and the other options I explored.

The art is a bit inconcsistent I noticed, I assume different artists have handled different scenes. Not hugely distracting, but there were one or two instances where the art was distinct enough in comparison that it broke immersion just a tiny bit. That said, all the art has been top-notch so far.

I will be eagerly watching this development and I feel very tempted to adjust my patreon budget to pledge for it. I'll give it a bit of time first though.

Last edited:

NiftyLit

Dec 26, 2020
Wow! This is a nice update. Though I have gripes with some elements how the current story is filled with lots of awesome moments and compelling drama

But before I get to gave my review and thoughts about this current update, I want to re-review the version of the game that I reviewed last time. This will give context to my views on the 0.20 update. I'm honestly not proud of my previous post about my initial impressions of the game just gushing it praises through rose-tinted glasses without giving any constructive feedback. But now that I've replayed the game multiple times after being out of the honeymoon phase with the game, I feel like I could really give a more honest and thorough take on the game and discuss it from a more honest perspective. I don't want to just congratulate the game's achievement, I want to also discuss it's flaws to give the game as best of a constructive criticism as I can, I believe the game and dev is more deserving of constructive feedback rather than the mere flattery that was my previous post for the creator to make this game into the best version of itself. While it might be a bit premature to for me to do this, considering the game is still so early in its development, I feel like addressing the flaws early while the game is important for the games to develop in to be the best it can be. As such all my critiques and suggestions will be made in the knowledge that the game is not a finalized product, with the assumption that it is open to change and rewrites as development progresses, an assumption made from my interpretations of the developer's dialogue with the players in this forum.

So I hope you'll bear with me, this is going to be a long one lol

Oof sorry this took way too long to write and this is just the re-review of old content. I have been writing and rewriting this for the past week and I need to stop for now before I make this any longer than it is and burn myself out more than I already am. (My newly prescribed ADHD medication is really kicking me into high gear the past week) I'll continue with my thoughts on the other routes like mage and warrior sometime in the future, once I'm done with that I'll finally review the latest update to the warrior path. Anyway have a nice day!

Last edited:

zexelf

Dec 11, 2019
Great game. Keep up the good work dev.

Edit : I finished both Princess and Mercenary route's content , searching how to get Mage.

Last edited:
Reactions: HappyDaedalus

kuno99

Jan 5, 2021
I'm excited to see what happens with the slavery path; the warrior and thief paths are also fun. Keeping a close eye on this, so far the story/plots, MC, and +18 content have been enjoyable

Reactions: HappyDaedalus
4.50 star(s) 60 Votes