4.40 star(s) 55 Votes

bigmen

Jan 17, 2018
Am i the only one that saved on the "This is the end of the current episode, save here" screen of v0.3 and couldnt get to the 0.4 content from there? I had to load an autosave to play this update.

Allan Trumbull

Forum Fanatic
Sep 10, 2021
Am i the only one that saved on the "This is the end of the current episode, save here" screen of v0.3 and couldnt get to the 0.4 content from there? I had to load an autosave to play this update.
Saving there sometimes caused problems for me. Save before that

Reactions: bigmen

CaramelCowboy

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2020
Yeah that was a bug that got patched on Steam and Patreon. It's really minor so if you have any Unren experience, you can fix it yourself and continue with your save. I can share the script file here if more people have the same issue here on f95.

Reactions: F1_V10 and bigmen

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
FYI, CaramelCowboy, I think you have character labels switched once in this update. When the bodyguard surprises Aren and the MC, the MC is the one who says, "Eat him instead!" but then the MC says Aren is the worst. I'd guess you mean for Aren to say that line, given the response.

CaramelCowboy

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2020
FYI, CaramelCowboy, I think you have character labels switched once in this update. When the bodyguard surprises Aren and the MC, the MC is the one who says, "Eat him instead!" but then the MC says Aren is the worst. I'd guess you mean for Aren to say that line, given the response.
Haha yeah that was fixed in the Steam and Patreon version too. Sorry it didn't get uploaded here.
Thanks for noticing!

Random preview from the latest post on Patreon
update.jpg

Craigdon97

May 27, 2022
But why look at those when you can just annoy the piss out of everyone by posting the same inane question to a million threads?
trust me thats what i do, its not hard to check planned tags gotta check if the 3 letters that shall not be spoken are planned , if your a fan of that tag then sorry bro aint kink shaming aha

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
That's what the gallery shows
Ah, you mean lewd scenes. Yes, it doesn't leap straight or quickly into sex with all the girls. There's a lot of very nice flirting, though, plus a healthy amount of humor. It's a romance game with some heart and very good dialogue.

Reactions: Herbert1

Herbert1

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, you mean lewd scenes. Yes, it doesn't leap straight or quickly into sex with all the girls. There's a lot of very nice flirting, though, plus a healthy amount of humor. It's a romance game with some heart and very good dialogue.
It really should have more scenes - even DeLuca Family has more. I'd be happy if we had like 1 scene every hour or two of gameplay but 3 scenes total just seems like too little.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
It really should have more scenes - even DeLuca Family has more. I'd be happy if we had like 1 scene every hour or two of gameplay but 3 scenes total just seems like too little.
Agree to disagree, I guess. I don't think there's an arbitrary "ideal" number of scenes to playtime. Extra lewd scenes for any of the relationships currently in this game would feel rushed or contrived if they were just shoehorned in to meet some imaginary quota. There are also some lewd actions that aren't gallery scenes, because they're short. Playing this one for the gallery is very much the wrong way to play this one; you'll be disappointed and you'll miss almost all of what makes this game fun.

Herbert1

Jul 29, 2019
Agree to disagree, I guess. I don't think there's an arbitrary "ideal" number of scenes to playtime. Extra lewd scenes for any of the relationships currently in this game would feel rushed or contrived if they were just shoehorned in to meet some imaginary quota. There are also some lewd actions that aren't gallery scenes, because they're short. Playing this one for the gallery is very much the wrong way to play this one; you'll be disappointed and you'll miss almost all of what makes this game fun.
I like games that focus on the story and don't squeeze in scenes where they're not necessary, having played DeLuca Family myself, but I feel it's also important not to forget that we're playing an adult game. Sex scenes give some respite from a heavy story and give the player something to look forward to.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
I like games that focus on the story and don't squeeze in scenes where they're not necessary, having played DeLuca Family myself, but I feel it's also important not to forget that we're playing an adult game. Sex scenes give some respite from a heavy story and give the player something to look forward to.
This story is not heavy, and there are both gallery scenes and lighter, still sexy scenes that are not in the gallery due to shorter length. Rating a game based purely on the specific number of scenes seems arbitrary, like I said before.

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020
This is so unfair considering The Deluca Family is at 0.8.3 and this game is basically at 0.3 as stated by the dev;

For those who prefer lewd scenes / more plot content, I suggest waiting. This was a very very casual 'filler' update. I wanted to post an update because it had been a while. The episode should've been much longer but I'll make up for it in the next part. I had a few workflow issues this time and couldn't focus for a long time. Didn't want to squeeze in random crap just for the sake of having a long update so I decided to go with the shorter one. I knew it wouldn't be too well received :LOL: but it's all good. The next episode will make up for it.
Just posting this so people won't have to wonder if they should wait/play.
And still it has more full on lewd scenes than The Deluca's. ( no offense to that game I love it as well. )
Also consider the development time between these 2 games...
- Delucas ~ 4 years.
- Swordbearer ~ 1 year

The world and character building are amazing, in the "first part of the 0.4" there is a lot of hidden info in the dialogue if you choose to have that dialogue. You sir, are entitled to your opinion however ill conceived and non factual it may be. Just don't expect anyone else to agree. Or even be surprised by facepalms on your statements in the last few posts here. like Seriously?! -.-

Herbert1

Jul 29, 2019
This is so unfair considering The Deluca Family is at 0.8.3 and this game is basically at 0.3 as stated by the dev;

And still it has more full on lewd scenes than The Deluca's. ( no offense to that game I love it as well. )
Also consider the development time between these 2 games...
- Delucas ~ 4 years.
- Swordbearer ~ 1 year

The world and character building are amazing, in the "first part of the 0.4" there is a lot of hidden info in the dialogue if you choose to have that dialogue. You sir, are entitled to your opinion however ill conceived and non factual it may be. Just don't expect anyone else to agree. Or even be surprised by facepalms on your statements in the last few posts here. like Seriously?! -.-
I'll admit I didn't realize how new this game is, rendering my initial argument moot.

Reactions: -L-L-MJ-

CaramelCowboy

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2020
Man I used to love De Luca family. Was probably one of my first VNs on f95. I usually stay away from sandbox VNs especially ones that have a days of the week system (personal preference). But De Luca was one of the games I didn't mind. Always wanted to go back to it and see where it's at but didn't get the time.

For me personally, there were many VNs that I enjoyed a lot until sex was thrown at you just because some time had passed. Somehow when the MC finally had sex with one of the LIs I'd been interested in, it didn't feel as rewarding because for me, MC has been humping a lot. So it took away the feeling of 'reward' for me at least. It might be a romanticized way of looking at AVN's, I get that. Yes there will be non LI sexual encounters but I'd never throw them in just because it's been a while. Hope this clears your confusion.

Herbert1

Jul 29, 2019
Man I used to love De Luca family. Was probably one of my first VNs on f95. I usually stay away from sandbox VNs especially ones that have a days of the week system (personal preference). But De Luca was one of the games I didn't mind. Always wanted to go back to it and see where it's at but didn't get the time.

For me personally, there were many VNs that I enjoyed a lot until sex was thrown at you just because some time had passed. Somehow when the MC finally had sex with one of the LIs I'd been interested in, it didn't feel as rewarding because for me, MC has been humping a lot. So it took away the feeling of 'reward' for me at least. It might be a r Yes there will be non LI sexual encounters but I'd never throw them in just because it's been a while. Hope this clears your confusion.
I don't feel like I have an argument here since I don't know how long this game is. I agree with you that having sex thrown at you isn't a good thing - my biggest gripe with Ataegina(a game I really liked) is that there were just way too many sex scenes one after another and it just felt like you were drowning in them. I feel like sex scenes should be used the same way half time is used in football - to give everyone a break so you can refresh yourself. Have too many and you lose the plot, have too few and the player will burn out. The human attention span is quite short so it's important to switch subject(event) like every 15-20 minutes, and after a few times of doing this(maybe-6 or 8) throw in a sex scene to reset things. This is just my opinion however.

Reactions: CaramelCowboy
4.40 star(s) 55 Votes