VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Tarnish of Silver [v0.1] [Shino88]

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes

Shino88

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2021
Domination does not go with any of the Harem games I play. I play Harem because they love each other.. The type of Harem with Domination.. I don't want the abusive type Harem in my games.
I disagree. If you play really popular (and good imo) harem games like (sisterly lust) or (man of the house) you'll see a dominant even somewhat abusive relationship with the one of the girls, which I didn't mind. Also it's seriously 100% optional. You don't have to see any optional stuff in my game. Not unless there was a bug or sth.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Byczer

NateGrey

Aug 21, 2020
(the way you seem to be building up MC in the main image he doesn't seem like someone that would get cucked either).
After playing for a couple of minutes the MC being cucked doesn't look like much of a stretch :LOL:

Regarding the rest of your post: you probably mean well, but I don't think we should be discouraging devs that try to go off the (well-)beaten paths. The standard harem thing has more or less been done to death, so anyone that wants to add some kind of twist to it is welcome to do so in my book.

Reactions: Shino88

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Ok, yeah I skipped through the game, you get the choice to open the NTR or not, if you choose not it doesn't happen, still curious if there is sharing though since one of the characters (ntr) didn't seem to actually be dominant at all so it could be a possibility, and I would be more than open to that.

edit: another request can the dom/sub thing be a decision that we make every time? I would like to switch it up since I like both, is just that the situation that MC had for the decision was a non-brainer for me because of reasons and I would like to be able to get a little of both
I already suspected it from what the Dev said:

Before anyone asks, the NTR is 100% optional and will continue to be that way. I'm perfectly aware that a lot of people don't like it, like REALLY don't like it.
However, it is good to ratify it.

Personally I'm a little fan of domination and BDSM (I don't know if there is, but some of the images could go through something similar), so if I can avoid it better.

Shino88

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2021
Ok, yeah I skipped through the game, you get the choice to open the NTR or not, if you choose not it doesn't happen, still curious if there is sharing though since one of the characters (ntr) didn't seem to actually be dominant at all so it could be a possibility, and I would be more than open to that.

edit: another request can the dom/sub thing be a decision that we make every time? I would like to switch it up since I like both, is just that the situation that MC had for the decision was a non-brainer for me because of reasons and I would like to be able to get a little of both
Yes. When the serious action is about to happen, The MC will either be dominant. Or will have a choice like the wrestling scene in day 3. (Femdom is 100% optional)

Reactions: TundraLupus

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
NTR Absolutely will not happen (Not even behind the scenes) unless you let it. And I marked the options that open it's path to clearly state that it will take you to an NTR route because I know that a lot of people are really dislike it.

I am very serious about the NTR. Even if there aren't a lot of scenes containing it. Also, you can go for a 100% full harem route with no femdom or NTR, so it's only fair that it should be in the tags.

I have some very standard in my games that I always try to meet:
1- No grinding(Or any kind of meaningless playtime)
2- No forcing the player to see fetishes they don't like
3- No forcing the player to start looking for save because they want to see scenes locked on their route or because they got bored of grinding
Thank you for answering. There are some fetishes that I don't like but as I said as long as they are not forced on the player I don't really care.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
After playing for a couple of minutes the MC being cucked doesn't look like much of a stretch :LOL:

Regarding the rest of your post: you probably mean well, but I don't think we should be discouraging devs that try to go off the (well-)beaten paths. The standard harem thing has more or less been done to death, so anyone that wants to add some kind of twist to it is welcome to do so in my book.
Was purely going off the main image.

As for the rest, it would only discourage them if they wanted the people that would ignore all games with ntr tag to play the game. Since it is optional they may have just added it for the sake of adding it (which it seems wasn't the case), and so may have not wanted that trade-off, however given their response they are quite happy with that trade-off.

Reactions: Shino88

Chimba

Mar 6, 2020
Domination does not go with any of the Harem games I play. I play Harem because they love each other.. The type of Harem with Domination.. I don't want the abusive type Harem in my games.
When talking about fem dom, male dom or domination it does not mean that it is a form of abuse, it is more of a fetish, you can have LI in a harem game who may like to dominate or be dominated and still love them, I think that the term abuse is better reflected in blackmail since the other person has no option. (Sorry bad english)

jmcronshaw

Apr 19, 2020
i don't understand when people always say harem and NTR aren't compatible.
They're two sides to the same coin
You've got a bunch of women...
Harem: you get them all to yourself
NTR: you fuck up or piss them off and someone else gets them.
Obviously if you have a preference for one or the other that is what it is, but it makes perfect sense for them both to be a game

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
NTR Absolutely will not happen (Not even behind the scenes) unless you let it. And I marked the options that open it's path to clearly state that it will take you to an NTR route because I know that a lot of people are really dislike it.

I am very serious about the NTR. Even if there aren't a lot of scenes containing it. Also, you can go for a 100% full harem route with no femdom or NTR, so it's only fair that it should be in the tags.

I have some very standard in my games that I always try to meet:
1- No grinding(Or any kind of meaningless playtime)
2- No forcing the player to see fetishes they don't like
3- No forcing the player to start looking for save because they want to see scenes locked on their route or because they got bored of grinding
So is it a 50/50 split between the paths?

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Yes. When the serious action is about to happen, The MC will either be dominant. Or will have a choice like the wrestling scene in day 3. (Femdom is 100% optional)
I personally don't like domination. Is there only the option for those scenes to be femdom or maledom? In that case, I'd rather not see those scenes.

I disagree. If you play really popular (and good imo) harem games like (sisterly lust) or (man of the house) you'll see a dominant even somewhat abusive relationship with the one of the girls, which I didn't mind. Also it's seriously 100% optional. You don't have to see any optional stuff in my game. Not unless there was a bug or sth.
In my case, if I can, I avoid the characters with domination (male or female). If I can't, then I skip the scenes using the appropriate button (unless there are many, which then I quit the game)

For example, in man of the house of the two sisters I only finished the story of the minor. I completely ignored the oldest when the domination thing started (that is, right after her path began)

LazyKeks

Jan 16, 2018
i don't understand when people always say harem and NTR aren't compatible.
They're two sides to the same coin
You've got a bunch of women...
Harem: you get them all to yourself
NTR: you fuck up or piss them off and someone else gets them.
Obviously if you have a preference for one or the other that is what it is, but it makes perfect sense for them both to be a game
To put it simply:
Harem = all mine.
Ntr = Not all mine or all no mine.

Last edited:

Shino88

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2021
I personally don't like domination. Is there only the option for those scenes to be femdom or maledom? In that case, I'd rather not see those scenes.

In my case, if I can, I avoid the characters with domination (male or female). If I can't, then I skip the scenes using the appropriate button (unless there are many, which then I quit the game)

For example, in man of the house of the two sisters I only finished the story of the minor. I completely ignored the oldest when the domination thing started (that is, right after her path began)
Oh? You didn't like the older one's theme in man of the house? I guess we all have different tastes. Well, my game is more inspired by (Town of passion), but somewhat less vanilla. Both Amber and Selene's routes will be a lot less dom/sub based than Adria's, so I guess you might like how their storyline goes... I'm not sure tho, to be honest with you.

LazyKeks

Jan 16, 2018
Yeah I really don't get how you can get this fixated on not wanting NTR and skip every single game that has any notion of it.
Even if it's completely optional and even if there's a section in the threads stating in UPPERCASE "If you don't like NTR, skip this game." The messages in these threads still consist about 50%+ out of complaints about NTR...

Watching the people that are FOR or AGAINST, is like watching the discussions that US Liberals and Republicans have with each other on areas they don't agree on.

The fun part is how they explain it like "Yeah I can't have this character so I hate this game" --- But when there's games that have no NTR but there's cute girls you can't start anything with because of any number of reasons, it's perfectly fine lol.
Specifically here, people just don't like certain fetishes in games and they just find out if the game is worth trying or not. What is the problem?

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes