VN Ren'Py The Tesliss Equation - Remastered [Development Thread]

Sandragiak

Nov 20, 2017
They seem quite good to me. Of course, with "strongest scenes" I thought of the bad endings, that is, the non-consensual and drugged scenes.

XFB

Dr. X
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2022
They seem quite good to me. Of course, with "strongest scenes" I thought of the bad endings, that is, the non-consensual and drugged scenes.
Ohh yep I have them planned indeed, not budging from there. A couple peeps hinted about strong scenes but also from GB's other games which had stronger themes in them. This one didn't have that many and since I was for the canonical part, doing almost the exact replica of it so I wouldn't want to force any scenes in the main story that weren't part of it.

For ex. I can see a couple peeps are interested in NTR. That's totally fair with me but changing the main storyline just so I could force in a kink that wasn't there seems a bit wrong to me, on part of the game itself.

Not saying that there aren't areas where I could actually try that but it will be very specific in how it plays out. Then there's always the option of non-canonical scenes. I plan to do a couple of those as well so it can always go there.

But the bad endings and drugged scenes, I do have them planned but they can be skipped as well so as not to force it on viewers who wouldn't want them. (Considering in the original as well, aside from the bad endings for the drugged scenes, you always had a choice)

Reactions: Reifon

XFB

Dr. X
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2022
Finished with beta-testing the game and ready with the stable builds over here.
Release date set for 13/02 - in six days from now. ✌

title_screen_b.png

Reactions: Entropylol

XFB

Dr. X
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2022
Sorry, but, #NotSorry.

Having finished everything a bit early on I just couldn't really wait till the 13th. I swear, I tried, I tried my best but 2 days was the most I could hold on. And I hope many of you wouldn't as well

Without further waiting, then -

The Tesliss Equation - Remastered v0.1.3

Game Thread: The Tesliss Equation - Remastered and also posted in OP - Please download from there. (It has more mirrors :))

Last edited:

XFB

Dr. X
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2022
Roadmap for the next release, ver 0.2

For now, I don’t have a really huge roadmap planned, I do have some ideas that I want to explore, eventually. For the moment, the next release will be split in 3-4 parts.
  • 0.2.1.1 - Scene with Jessica and Rowena - sfw
  • 0.2.1.2 - First full sexual scene - with Chrissy
  • 0.2.1.3 - Second sexual scene - with Ms. Joliffe
  • 0.2.1.4 - Third sexual scene - Threesome with Chrissy and Ms. Joliffe (unlike the original where there was a lack of threesome scenes, I plan to do a couple in these, plus some girl-on-girl scenes as well - more will follow as the progress is made)
And that’s about it that I have for now. Stay tuned.

Reactions: stal1234

Lupiscanis

Dec 24, 2016
Sorry, but, #NotSorry.

.. etc
I downloaded and tried it. Could you either add a skip option to the intro or cut it down because frankly that was ridiculously long and very tedious to sit through. I don't think I've seen a game with an intro that long, ever.

(If there is a skip option and I missed it, feel free to mock me relentlessly as I will fully deserve it).

Otherwise, an interesting concept to remaster an old AIF game. I'm not a huge fan of Renpy games personally so my opinion probably isn't going to be the greatest, but it seems well put together from the limited testing I did and the characters are vaguely how I remember them.

Good luck with the rest of the project :)

Reactions: XFB

XFB

Dr. X
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2022
I downloaded and tried it. Could you either add a skip option to the intro or cut it down because frankly that was ridiculously long and very tedious to sit through. I don't think I've seen a game with an intro that long, ever.

Good luck with the rest of the project :)
Hey, thanks for giving it a try. About the trailer, I'm sorry but one of my beta testers so liked the intro that he said that it'd be a shame if people didn't see it at least once. I'm aware it's pretty long, 51s to be exact, and that's just the actual trailer to the game. For the rest of the splashscreen that combines to about almost 16-20s more. It's damn long indeed but it's only the first time there's a hard pause. Next launch onwards it's optional for one, you can easily skip ahead. And then if you don't want it at all, you can disable it from the settings.

But the very first time is hard paused. I'll say I also, kind of wanted players to give it a watch at least once so I succumbed to his persuasion

And thanks :)

HB38

Oct 3, 2017
But the very first time is hard paused. I'll say I also, kind of wanted players to give it a watch at least once so I succumbed to his persuasion
You used a hard pause? For shame.

aifman7

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, thanks for your work on this classic game. Based on my username you can probably guess that I'm a fan of all those old AIF games so this kind of remake hits me with a bit of nostalgia.

I do hope you plan to include the branching paths from the original title, too. That feature was what propelled the original to top tier for me in terms of AIF games. Goblinboy (and BBBen too) were great at giving their games lots of replayability with the different paths you could take that would ultimately lead to a different conclusion and different scenes.

Speaking of scenes, I also hope you keep the sleep scenes from the original game, too. Those were pretty great :cool:

XFB

Dr. X
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2022
I'd like to keep this thread to post development status from now on if possible, so anyone and everyone who sees this, please if you could move to the main thread for any sort of game related discussion I'd appreciate that a lot. :),

XFB

Dr. X
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2022
It's going to be Harem in the future tags?
Please redirect any questions in the game thread.

Status Update:
Rendering scenes for v0.2.1.1 - It contains scenes for Jessica/Rowena at the medical room and then the scene with Joliffe and Chrissy just before Chrissy's scene will start at.

Might be able to drop the update by weekend or month end at the earliest.

Reactions: SantiPe

XFB

Dr. X
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2022
In accordance to a couple of the feedbacks I received I want to ask a question.

So... originally I had thought of making this in a similar style to AIF rather than convert it to pure VN style. By AIF, I mean, it heavily emphasizes on the actions and expressions of the characters. Which means, that it will have a good amount of contextual text in the form of narration narrating the actions and expressions from time to time, somewhere it might be a bit heavy whereas otherwise, it might as well be a light narration. Which also means it will be very different from your normal VN which are primarily implemented in a dialogue only style.

My initial goal was to convey this in a more story like style, where I show and tell, whatever all goes on. But quite some feedbacks I got had me wondering if people would just prefer being shown, and not told and make their own interpretations themselves. I get the gist of it and why people would want to prefer that more. Still or even moving pictures can only convey so much so. And since this is not really a concept like the suspense thriller movie "Bird Box" where silence was necessary I much prefer the emphasized, more contextual mode of conveying.

Though this whole contextualization and emphasis is something I had thought of doing only in the sexual scenes, it will come off giving a weird transition if I only do that in sexual parts and not the rest. And vice versa. Since I had initially thought of including a mode to just disable most of the narration (or all as well). Which I realize boils down to these 3 things.

- A) Either I disable narration entirely (very, very least likely)
- B) I tone down the narration - But both in story and sexual portions (since I initially wanted to give textual emphasis to sexual portions these seems to be taking this in a direction I did not want it to go in - least likely)
- C) I leave the narration as is. (thumbs up - lol ;p)

With that said what I want to ask is, what would you prefer? I had to ask this since the current number of feedback was insufficient for me to decide. I have created a poll for this which will close in 100 days, I'd hope that it gets enough data for me to get a result. So, I'd like you all to check out the poll and perhaps vote for it, ask your friends or post it somewhere, anywhere. [P.S. You may find the poll on the game's main thread.]

TO consider some points about the narration I'd like to add to it.

Narrative Style:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dialogue Style:

Okay, jokes aside. Basically, there isn't really very much of pros/cons to either style and it boils down to an individual's preference. Some peeps told me that people who want to have a quick wank would prefer having less text (or dialogue style only). And, tbh, at first I had thought of it as a valid point but then, my dear Jeno also made a valid point - that people who would want to jack off are just going to skip ahead regardless... whether there's narrative style or dialogues only, which to be frank is what people usually do in most VNs lol. So turns out that first point ended up being invalidated in my dictionary.

Hence I need much more of a concrete point or reasoning to try and bring in an additional mode to disable narration (make it lightly narrated only). A quick-wank isn't much of a valid point to me. So please give me a good reason for it if you have any. At the moment all of this boils down to preference, hence we are (I am) having a poll for it. Since I really doubt there could ever be a valid reason to pick either style. Hum... well... I guess monetary gains might be a reason... maybe... like if someone said - I'd give you xxx effing $ just to take all that text away I might put it into consideration... No I'm just kidding lol. I will not. Yeah... I will... not. I will not deter from my original ideas so easily ;p

Well... it's a give and take eventually. If my ideas doesn't end up making people find it worthy to support (in whichever way) then yes, it's something to be considered about eventually.

Reactions: Reifon

HB38

Oct 3, 2017
Status Update:
Rendering scenes for v0.2.1.1 - It contains scenes for Jessica/Rowena at the medical room and then the scene with Joliffe and Chrissy just before Chrissy's scene will start at.
I would argue to keep story spoilers out of your change log/update info.

XFB

Dr. X
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2022
Started writing Chrissy's pre-sex scene - during Joliffe's experimentation :)

(yep it's not proofread yet - just take it as it is :p )

XFB

Dr. X
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2022
1681994222550.png
Well there, seems like we have a winner :) Thank you who all partook in this and gave their valuable feedback.