Ren'Py The Tesliss Equation - Remastered [v0.3.0.0] [XFB]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Do you prefer narrative style or pure dialogue style?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
Title_Banner_Colored.png

Overview:
Thrust into a world so vividly familiar yet inconsistent and unknown to you, with no background or backstory of your own whatsoever. As you go through the mundane life of yours, will you pause to think why you didn't ever get to have one? Or will you just go about callously without a care in the world? Perhaps you weren't even meant to have one. Or perhaps, the one which was to be, was ever so close yet felt all so distant.

Find out more in TTER as you go about ploughing women one after the other.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thread Updated: 2023-10-31
Release Date: 2023-10-26
Developer: XFB - -
Version: 0.3.0.0
Language: English
Length: ~1 hour
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - - -
Mac: - - - -
Android: - - - -

"Android build modded for separate/accessible save locations on android devices using @wills747's custom renpy package."

2LvvPAQp7n.jpg iji5AHAYAs.jpg Mw4PyPj1jj.jpg WxEVAcDzGD.jpg HqyYI8ss6G.jpg k7Gls2CzXL.jpg Mw4PyPj1jj.jpg fjdPUiTfhc.jpg Or68Yhvv8y.png RGQZhsP1ol.png 6W9Pq8nOSJ.png DHgCKCekrd.jpg joyr3wuMRE.jpg Pdyym4zNUm.jpg RorzLuacKF.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

XFB

Dr. X
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2022
After a lot of feedbacks and setbacks I'm finally back with a substantial release for TTE.

With the budding community of AI, I decided my hand with something different, and incorporate Stable Diffusion within the workflow. Which has its own drawbacks, put me in a lot of setbacks and made the progress pretty slow.

I finished this back in September but had been holding back as I was still unsure about the change. Using Stable Diffusion put me in a lot of binds, though results seem to be far better something Daz easily can't achieve as well. But for that, I have to do things in a certain way. I had to redo everything from scratch once again. Things I hadn't focussed on before, I started giving focus to them as well.

Using Stable Diffusion along with Daz is a long process, and fixing small issues here and there often ends up taking just as much time. And it is very, very slow.

This means that moving forward with this approach releases might probably be in even slower phase of development. And due to my personal drive towards other things, I'll be taking my time with it. As such, for the time being, releases will be available for public from the get go and provided as is until the time where it is feasible for me to provide timely and scheduled releases.

All in all, I'm happy with the results. I hope you guys enjoy the changes as well.

Note: v0.3.0.0 brings a lot of changes from moving onwards.
  • Using Stable Diffusion in the workflow.
  • Removed some hotspots for the sake of simplicity and due to technical limitations.
To-Dos: A list of to-dos to update old content to new.
  • Trailer (low priority)
  • Demo (low priority)
  • Main Menu Screen (low priority)
  • Chrissy's Scenes (high priority)

Last edited:

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
Wow! An all time classic!

Is the plan to retain the aif elements (like solving the equation at the beginning) or go pure vn?

Reactions: mouse84

DrFoster

Jun 29, 2018
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00library.rpy", line 200, in extend
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kw)
KeyError: 'mcname'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "tte/chapter_01/chapter_01.rpyc", line 240, in script call
File "tte/chapter_01/chapter_01.rpyc", line 253, in script call
File "tte/chapter_01/chapter_01.rpyc", line 334, in script call
File "tte/chapter_01/chapter_01.rpyc", line 240, in script call
File "tte/chapter_01/chapter_01.rpyc", line 253, in script call
File "tte/chapter_01/chapter_01.rpyc", line 385, in script
File "E:\Stuff\TheTeslissEquation-0.1.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 921, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "E:\Stuff\TheTeslissEquation-0.1.3-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1373, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/00library.rpy", line 200, in extend
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kw)
File "E:\Stuff\TheTeslissEquation-0.1.3-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1373, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "E:\Stuff\TheTeslissEquation-0.1.3-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1253, in __call__
what = self.prefix_suffix("what", self.what_prefix, what, self.what_suffix)
File "E:\Stuff\TheTeslissEquation-0.1.3-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1172, in prefix_suffix
return (sub(prefix) + sub(body) + sub(suffix))
File "E:\Stuff\TheTeslissEquation-0.1.3-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1152, in sub
return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
File "E:\Stuff\TheTeslissEquation-0.1.3-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 278, in substitute
s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs) # type: ignore
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 165, in vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 205, in _vformat
File "E:\Stuff\TheTeslissEquation-0.1.3-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 168, in get_field
obj, arg_used = super(Formatter, self).get_field(field_name, args, kwargs)
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 270, in get_field
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 227, in get_value
KeyError: 'mcname'

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
The Tesliss Equation - Remastered 0.1.3
Wed Feb 15 08:49:28 2023

XFB

Dr. X
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2022
I'm getting this at startup.
Hello, might I ask what OS is this? There's not supposed to be any textbox.png since I'm using a custom textbox so it shouldn't be looking for it either. Is it MacOS by any chance?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
Could you perhaps mention at which point you get this error at? It'll help culminate the issue.
Apologies, I used mcname in 3 places but the var that stores the mcname is mc_name I'll fix that up :)

I see only 3 tags
At the moment those are only for the nature of the game - not the content. I'm aware of that now, I'll include them in a bit.

Is the plan to retain the aif elements
The plan is to provide as similar an experience to an AIF as possible with a new engine, an engine that is more for visuals than interpretation. I took out the "text-interpreter" part as that would have been a bit impossible and slightly absurd with the format of Visual Novel. Other than that, I plan to retain as much of the aif elements as possible. Since you mentioned "solving the equation", I must remind you there's actually no solving in the original. MC just happens to recall them as he has sex, the more sex he has the more he recalls - and I should also note, he has 0 idea about that fact lol - aka where the answers came from lol.

Is this really faithful to GoblinBoy's vision? Sigh, I wish we could get a School Dreams Remake like this...
I'll be trying to keep it as faithful as possible, yes. I can't say "really" faithful since I am giving it my own twists here and there.

EDIT: Tags added. :) - Tags revised

Last edited:

slackster

Feb 1, 2017
Hello, might I ask what OS is this? There's not supposed to be any textbox.png since I'm using a custom textbox so it shouldn't be looking for it either. Is it MacOS by any chance?

Could you perhaps mention at which point you get this error at? It'll help culminate the issue.
Apologies, I used mcname in 3 places but the var that stores the mcname is mc_name I'll fix that up :)

At the moment those are only for the nature of the game - not the content. I'm aware of that now, I'll include them in a bit.

The plan is to provide as similar an experience to an AIF as possible with a new engine, an engine that is more for visuals than interpretation. I took out the "text-interpreter" part as that would have been a bit impossible and slightly absurd with the format of Visual Novel. Other than that, I plan to retain as much of the aif elements as possible. Since you mentioned "solving the equation", I must remind you there's actually no solving in the original. MC just happens to recall them as he has sex, the more sex he has the more he recalls - and I should also note, he has 0 idea about that fact lol - aka where the answers came from lol.

I'll be trying to keep it as faithful as possible, yes. I can't say "really" faithful since I am giving it my own twists here and there.

EDIT: Tags added. :)
You missed the pregnancy tag if you are going for the original endings

• Hey there
Reactions: wiwem71072 and XFB

XFB

Dr. X
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2022
Best of luck to the dev with the project !!
Thanks for your good luck and I appreciate the backhanded remark. I'll try and make a note just for you and anyone who came to that conclusion because of all that since you guys may have not played the original perhaps and hence making inferences from the unfinished work is what you guys are left to do being the audience.

But if that was all let me correct you on that. MC being a wimp and whatnot has nothing to do with having any NTR content or not, nor was there any intention behind it and nor MC's gonna be a simp sucking to the "hot cheerleader". Whether you simp or not, it will be up to you if I ever even went down the road of making him a simp because even in the original he has the option to not simp and make a stand for himself, and I plan to do even more than that on that scene as well.

If all the current progress on it shows you or screams NTR to you then I also must let you know, even in the original there's literally, just 1% of NTR and that's only as endings. Not otherwise. Just as the last tag pregnancy is simply for the endings as well. There's literally 0 NTR even in the original, which is why whenever someone has asked I have refused to include them in the main story line. If you want some NTR content I don't mind doing non-canonical scenes in it which will also be interactive and hence optional.

So if that's all the gripe is, I'll suggest to either wait for more progress or perhaps try not to make inferences too early and deter yourself away from it, though it's all up to you what you want to do or not.

Also - side note. MC makes his stand in the end of 0.1 with the boxing match they have and you might have a chance to totally beat the "bully" and hand him down his own ass.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
My bad, I always add an opacity mod to the games I play and it was the mod causing the problem.

• Haha

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
it might have been requested but maybe some better visible markers on the boxing to give a better idea of where to click or whats available to click.. aside from that so far i like it

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

Leelaverse

May 24, 2021
1676485994738.png I I wanted to like the game, but I had to stop at this part, as there are no visible options for me, Im not sure how much content beyond this part I missed so I can't really give a full assessment of the game. I would strongly suggest fixing/revamping this part.

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes