• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py The Tesliss Equation - Remastered [v0.3.0.0] [XFB]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Do you prefer narrative style or pure dialogue style?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

XFB

Dr. X
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2022
Note: To all the peeps who are having troubles finding or understanding what to do - let me apologize first.
For one, IF and AIF usually work on interaction - which in the case of text interpreters usually works with text interpretation. Since I can't really do that in ren'py I went with the way to have hoverable hotspots.

Yes, a couple beta testers did point me out for that and I reckoned that with some two subtle hints on the screen, being the black arrow in the dialogue box (on the right corner) and the little barely visible arrow just to the left of the dialogue box would be enough for people to be curious and try and find stuff out.

When the boxing scene plays out the very first time you get the hotspots, permanently. After the first choice they don't appear until hovered. So you just have to hover the mouse in those places.

Otherwise, if you cannot get past it I'd advise playing through the demo first which is accessible via Extras menu. It has a little indicator that shows there's something waiting for you there. I had hoped that might be enough to garner some attention for people to go there. Also the demo plays out eventually at the end of boxing match, just have to get through that one.

EDIT: Leelaverse I had to edit this just for this. > Sandbox is worse than NTR
That gave me such a laugh lol I hate sandboxes as well lol.

Leelaverse

May 24, 2021
Thanks for taking the tie to reply back, I came back to the game after lunch and was about to edit my post, I checked the demo and figured it out lol at first I thought I was missing something since I am without my glasses for some days. And as for Sandbox, it is the absolute worst, nothing kills a mood more then seeing amazing tags, amazing renders, great description of a story, then BAM Sandbox :LOL: There's only a handful of Sandbox games that were made well, the rest, blegh.

XFB

Dr. X
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2022
'If' means, exactly, if. Which means
(introducing a conditional clause) on the condition or supposition that; in the event that.

In the event, I EVER wanted to make the MC a wimp and wanted to make him SIMP, I have nothing against wimps nor simps, matter of factly, but, in the event I would ever want to, you would be the first I'd let know. Because otherwise, he's neither a simp nor a wimp. Lol, coming back to my original comment. In the event I ever wanted to make the MC Simp I'll still leave that choice on you, the audience. So far, I have no plans to turn him into one.

Once again, because you don't know the original story and I'd hate to spoil myself, you're free to look at the old game and by your discretion check it out whether he is one or not.

SO there you go, take it however you want to interpret it, for now, I'll leave it at that.

XFB

Dr. X
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2022
KeyError: 'mcname'
Bugfix uploaded :)
For anyone who has the old files please extract the patches in the game directory. For Android users, alas they will have to redownload it whole. Only pixeldrain links are updated with the fixed version at the moment.

Djsjcs

Oct 10, 2021
Thanks for your good luck and I appreciate the backhanded remark. I'll try and make a note just for you and anyone who came to that conclusion because of all that since you guys may have not played the original perhaps and hence making inferences from the unfinished work is what you guys are left to do being the audience.

But if that was all let me correct you on that. MC being a wimp and whatnot has nothing to do with having any NTR content or not, nor was there any intention behind it and nor MC's gonna be a simp sucking to the "hot cheerleader". Whether you simp or not, it will be up to you if I ever even went down the road of making him a simp because even in the original he has the option to not simp and make a stand for himself, and I plan to do even more than that on that scene as well.

If all the current progress on it shows you or screams NTR to you then I also must let you know, even in the original there's literally, just 1% of NTR and that's only as endings. Not otherwise. Just as the last tag pregnancy is simply for the endings as well. There's literally 0 NTR even in the original, which is why whenever someone has asked I have refused to include them in the main story line. If you want some NTR content I don't mind doing non-canonical scenes in it which will also be interactive and hence optional.

So if that's all the gripe is, I'll suggest to either wait for more progress or perhaps try not to make inferences too early and deter yourself away from it, though it's all up to you what you want to do or not.

Also - side note. MC makes his stand in the end of 0.1 with the boxing match they have and you might have a chance to totally beat the "bully" and hand him down his own ass.
can you removd ntr well push more human to try your game my fr

• Angry
Reactions: Theboss3213

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
It's a remake of a finished game...why not just check out the original and see it's content

Rsampler

Sep 17, 2017
Wow! It's awesome to see someone putting a new coat of paint on a GoblinBoy game! I personally prefer the original text & graphics, but the more attention these games get the better. Maybe it will someday inspire someone to make a new game in the GoblinBoy style? Good luck with your project!

b4dcrc

Jul 26, 2017
The thing that made the original Goblinboy games good was that there were AIF games, so they had that exploration and "can I do this?" feeling while being rewarded with visuals. I doubt these games will work even remotely as well as a VN tbh. Its basically just another VN at that point. Good luck though maybe you can prove me wrong. Also OG rowena would probably be flagged for her looks but she did look better

UnfinishedSentenc

Jan 5, 2023
Got an exception error! Unplayable. Additionally, the introduction is two minutes long, and you cannot skip through it. That is entirely unnecessary. Please fix these things before moving forward.

XFB

Dr. X
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2022
I do hope you plan to include the branching paths
Planned and yep, I'm keeping that format. Please read my developer's notes for that what I intend to keep. I'll be trying my best to retain the essence of AIF as much and as true possibly I could it could be within a VN format.

Speaking of scenes, I also hope you keep the sleep scenes from the original game, too. Those were pretty great :cool:
Yep, I already answered that up in the development thread. They will be kept but they might have a slight variation though in how they get in that state of sleeping or how the scenes play out as well. But yes. Check the tags for more info. :)

Reactions: aifman7

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
I was just about to hit download but glad I read your notes first. Endgame pregnancy is a cancer on avn's and a complete waste of time. :cry:

• Haha
Reactions: HB38

pipboy

Sep 19, 2017
Ahh memories, cannot forget the excitement whenever GoblinBoy dropped a new game.. Thanks for the work, I will try it some time soon.

XFB

Dr. X
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2022
I was just about to hit download but glad I read your notes first. Endgame pregnancy is a cancer on avn's and a complete waste of time. :cry:
Hi, thanks for the invalueable feedback :) jokes aside haha, hum, end-game pregnancy was a thing in the original itself. Annnnnnnnd there was a reason they had to be pregnant as well, yep, they had to be for the context of the ending lol. Still, if it's something people might want to avoid that's something I can include as a toggle and give a separate ending. Considering there will be - choices here and there, and if I recall, even at the end there are choices with which you can avoid getting them pregnant or get the pregnant ending. But I can also include an explicit toggle at the end if people might want to get that ending or not. All in all, if I recall there were like, 5-7 different endings. I think excluding the game over endings from - ooops don't wanna spoiler yet.

VivelaFrance

May 3, 2018
Good luck. Basically everything was possible in GoblinBoys games, it's still maddening to realize how many eventualities that guy forsaw and filled with pictured rewards. They were very rewarding and stories had some really cool devolutions. Would like to see modern remakes of his games with modern, high quality pictures but it's a massive challenge, would not envy anyone trying.

XFB

Dr. X
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2022
A worried Rowena comes to visit you after the boxing match.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And a mischievous Rowena afterwards
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Pst, whoever all said they don't like the new Rowena, she took it to heart a little bit too much :p
Rowena_Exposing.png

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 2 Votes