Ren'Py The Tesliss Equation - Remastered [v0.3.0.0] [XFB]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Do you prefer narrative style or pure dialogue style?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

b4dcrc

Jul 26, 2017
A worried Rowena comes to visit you after the boxing match.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And a mischievous Rowena afterwards

Pst, whoever all said they don't like the new Rowena, she took it to heart a little bit too much :p
View attachment 2403175
to be fair she looks to be between 30-40, might be the main issue people have with it. Her face simply looks old, she'd be a milf in any other game. For comparison, here she actually looks like a school girl.

1677007958840.png

XFB

Dr. X
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2022
to be fair she looks to be between 30-40
Okay, I'll be honest there are 2 things people have pointed out why she looks older. One is the puffy eyes - I did that for a reason to make her look on the healthier side - by healthier side I mean having a bit of fat on her, she isn't plump nor does she has that hourglass type body shape, it's almost straight. Apparently puffy eyes can be due to multiple reasons one of which is, old age yes. And the second is the marionette lines (facial lines), again considered to be something in older people more - but young people have those as well.

For marionette lines I can easily give you an example, Just look at Jenna Ortega, will you call her old just because of her facial lines? Just consider, many peeps think of a standard to beauty or age or things, apparently standards does not always mean the opposite of it isn't true or can't be attractive as well.

XFB

Dr. X
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2022
SantiPe Hi, about the harem tag, well, if 3 girls count as a harem then sure I can include that. The original had an ending with 3 girls. I mean, sure you get to screw around all the chicks but don't really end up having sort of a harem - if that counts/accounts for having a harem tag, let me know.

Reactions: SantiPe

SantiPe

Oct 25, 2021
SantiPe Hi, about the harem tag, well, if 3 girls count as a harem then sure I can include that. The original had an ending with 3 girls. I mean, sure you get to screw around all the chicks but don't really end up having sort of a harem - if that counts/accounts for having a harem tag, let me know.
Thanks for the answer and yeah it's better than nothing. Sometimes you can't have everything, and hope a great development to the VN

XFB

Dr. X
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2022
ktemanuel Hi, thanks for the spanish translation. For one, I'd like to thank you for taking interest in it and to want to translate it up. Secondly, if you are still interested for more, please let me know and I can forward the content to you before release to patch it in the official release instead.

Though mind that I can't really proofread the translated content, so I can't really offer any help if there are any mistranslations or proofing errors if anyone reports. I'll have to run them through you.
What I can help you with though is expressing the context of anything as much as possible so it helps with the translation. So if you don't mind that or if you're sure the translation is spot on enough, please let me know if you'd like that. I'll give appropriate credit for your work.

And lastly, to anyone if they'd be interested in wanting to translate it in their native language, please let me know.

Jeno

Donor
Aug 27, 2017
I'm personally more a fan of "show, don't tell" :) so yea that does get my vote - though some things are still better described. You can't render out every little nuance, after all.
Hence - light narration gets my vote.

Reactions: XFB

XFB

Dr. X
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2022
After a lot of feedbacks and some hiccups, finally here's the first update for TTER. Bit delayed, it was supposed to be here last month.

With some consideration I have included a mode that tones down the narration a lot. This is to give users the choice whether they want to read it in VN style or AIF style.

VN style is your usual Visual Novel style.

AIF style gives a bit more depth to the scenes with frequent narration.

v0.2.1.1 - Changelog
- Fixed a couple bugs
- Added Narration Mode - Tones narration down a lot.
- Denoised Chapter 01's images
- Added 2 scenes - Jessica and Rowena at the medical room. Joliffe and Chrissy at the psychology class.

Current beta ends at just shy of Chrissy's scene.

v0.2.1.2 - Roadmap
Next update will see first sexual scene of the game for Chrissy.

Get it from here.

Reactions: HB38

hobobobb

Jul 25, 2017
Firstly, the remake looks intriguing, while I will wait a bit before trying, as someone who is both a software engineer and who has spent many years picking up and reworking/rewriting other people's work, I have a quick suggestion or two;

Planned and yep, I'm keeping that format. Please read my developer's notes for that what I intend to keep. I'll be trying my best to retain the essence of AIF as much and as true possibly I could it could be within a VN format.
You mention that you want to be faithful to the original but also add additional "side content". I strongly suggest that you finish your remake of the original story first, but that everytime you feel that a side path could open up you make a note to come back to it.

This will benefit you in a couple of ways;

1 - You will have a very thorough understanding of all of the options that the original game offered, and so will be able to remove any 'side story' ideas that you had, which end up conflicting with the original game.

2 - By finishing your redo of the main game first, your mindset and writing style will be as practiced as they can be to copy and maintain the 'Cadance on language' or 'emulation of the writing tone' (I don't know the English word for this). This will mean that any 'side story' content you make will fit more smoothly with the main game and not be jarring to the players.

3 - After having completed the 'whole original game' you will have a better idea of what type of additional content your (hopefully larger) following of players and $upporters is wanting.

I don't really care to get into a pro/con about different fetishes that you could or should add content for (not the point of this post). Suffice it to say that by the time you have 'remade' the main game (assuming you don't 'fuck it up' :p), you might (hopefully) be in the situation of having a large group of supporters. In this situation, they will likely be wanting more content (as naturally happens).

It will be these people (the $upporters who have stuck with you for the whole process) that are likely to stick around even longer as you add more 'similar in writing/style' content to flush out the main game. Asking your supporters at that time what type of content (fetishes etc.) you could add will be much better than "asking the masses" while still trying to work on the main game.

It will also mean less shitstorms for adding unwanted content, as your $upport base is already defined.

Defintion of a Harem relationship is "three or more LI's sharing the MC with each other"
Definition of a Polyamorus relationship is "Multiple LI's who are all in a (loving) relationship with each other.

The main difference here is that a Poly relationship has the LI's in love with each other (usually sexually, without the MC being involved).

While a harem has the MC as the primary focus of the relationship, with the LI's being sexual with the MC only (except for threesomes/moresomes that have the MC's direct involvement).

A harem with only two LI's is typically called a 'Thrupple'

Not sure what is in the original game, but hopefully this will help you define/tag accordingly.

Would also recommend that you observe the "one instance is enough to tag the game" rule. One instance is enough that the game should be tagged for it as transparency is always key.

Hope the info is constructive and helps.

Genuinely wish you the best with this project.

Last edited:

YaYa_UnTIN2

Misunderstood Thinker
Donor
Dec 19, 2017
I'm stucked at a black screen, Jessica saying "Wanna be the champ for once?", right after the fight scene.
Hi,

Well, from what I see in the code the label .cmc_03 should have an onscreen (not shown to us) choice_menu that does not trigger for some reason, i.e. the black screen with the "Wanna be..." text - code loop/game stop.
Good luck, play on or until another Ren'Py "magic code" hits us players. :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: serhatdozdiyik

judgenot93

Feb 9, 2019
she'd be a milf in any other game.
most games do a terrible job of making milfs look over 30 tbf. haven't played the game yet, how old is she supposed to be? i'd guess early 20s from the post you quoted, not a wrinkle on that booty.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
Hmmmm.

Having played each and every one of GB's games at release, all the way back to Camping Trip, I wish you luck. When this is more mature I'll give it a shot. Perhaps you'll dispel my concerns. I hope so.

Reactions: spectref95

MrDL

Nov 11, 2017
Okay I wasn't imagining things in thinking there was an AIF of the same name, damn it's been a long time. Good'ol GoblinBoy. I had to do a little searching of my archives but yeah, I still have it.

XFB

Dr. X
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2022
I think I encountered a loop bug right after the boxing match... I keep clicking on "Look at Jessica" but can't progress any further
It's the same for me!
I'm stucked at a black screen, Jessica saying "Wanna be the champ for once?", right after the fight scene.
Good luck, play on or until another Ren'Py "magic code" hits us players. :)
Apologies, I had encountered it while coding the next part as well and the issue is that the check I was using to show/hide the hospot aka the condition was wrong.

I have fixed it up, and will post the fix soon. Apparently my mind thought I could do a var check with a counter but sadly I should have known better to use separate counters for each character.
The wrong off check is what's looping it up. I'll post the fix soon in a bit.

To bypass that screen though you should be getting a choice as well as the hotspot screen - or is it just the hotspot screen? Yep you have a choice. A choice you have to make

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes