Ren'Py The Tesliss Equation - Remastered [v0.3.0.0] [XFB]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Do you prefer narrative style or pure dialogue style?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Otyi

Jun 9, 2017
Can you try with a new game if you haven't yet? It's potentially because I was using bad calls in some portions of the games which created unnecessary returns in the stack. So once you get the fix, it's going to look for the stack to return to but find none. Apologies. I'll try it to be the last time to start from scratch.
All right! I'll try it all over again. Thanks!

Edit: it works fine from the start.

Last edited:
Reactions: XFB

Vitreoush

Oct 2, 2017
Someone remaking Goblinboy's games? Goblinboy is a legend. Meteor would also be at the top of my list with this one.
Apparently someone is trying, but quite honestly one of the reasons Goblinboy was so amazing was he did not JUST have games with amazing storylines and gameplay innovations, they were extremely well written and technically extremely well made games for the TADS platform, with innovations like 3D graphics that were WAY ahead of their time (mid 2000s). So he and his games were the total package.

XFB has some really big shoes he is trying to fill, and quite honestly I'm not sure that the current product really demonstrates that he has the chops. The graphics are... Well, I'll just say that it's been over a decade (I think) since GB made Tesliss, in the interim 3D modeling has advanced by an enormous amount, and I'm not sure things actually look better here, in many ways they look worse (especially the peoples' faces and bodies).

XFB

Dr. X
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2022
I pressed all options, nothing makes that scene move on, it just keeps repeating.
Did you try pressing them till you CAME yourself or did you just make her cum? If you came, then did you try cumming in all possible locations available? If you didn't, then I suggest giving that a shot perhaps.

Are there MILFs or just teenagers? :confused: :unsure:In one word "game for children"? :unsure:
There are teachers/professors. If that counts as a MILF. Otherwise, no, no MILFs.

what kind of ntr is?
The NTR NTR kind, not just the NTR kind.

Another Dev who earns from this game in a couple months will be able to buy a Porsche 718 Cayman...lol
I got no idea what this comment is doing in here, except it would have been nice having a Porsche though honestly, I don't like fancy things a lot so, it'd probably see all her days in the garage.

ben_sylar

Apr 26, 2019
Did you try pressing them till you CAME yourself or did you just make her cum? If you came, then did you try cumming in all possible locations available? If you didn't, then I suggest giving that a shot perhaps.
It was the cumming everywhere, thanks for the answer.

Reactions: XFB

XFB

Dr. X
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2022
with innovations like 3D graphics that were WAY ahead of their time (mid 2000s). So he and his games were the total package.
The innovations you speak of, plenty other devs had been implementing those in way better ways than GB, in fact at the time of Tesliss Equation there were far better games in terms in graphics, if graphics is a denominator. Look at all the Virtual Date games, ArianeB and whatnot. Look at Pussoy. Look at lesson of passion games if you aren't aware.

The writing you speak of, it had to be well written because Tads was more of a text interpreter and used for textual interactive fictions. Not saying otherwise it wouldn't be, but Tesliss as you know would have come in a very different flavor if it was written in a visual novel style, as far as the current Visual Novel content is to be taken in consideration.

I'm not sure that the current product really demonstrates that he has the chops
Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate you giving it a try.

in many ways they look worse (especially the peoples' faces and bodies)
Sadly you'll find me having a different approach to other devs present here. Devs who put an emphasis over attractiveness and glamor a lot more than anything to drive their content. My emphasis is on giving it a more natural look, people average enough you might just about find anywhere and not looking like insta/snapchat models.
I can't say very much on how realistic they look but that was my attempt. Your average, run of the mill Janes and Joes, natural neutral lights. If realistic doesn't seem attractive to you, I'm sad to hear.

nighthawk1275

Feb 8, 2023
Nothing but errors when trying to save the game and the scene with the psych teacher and student when you choose to stay just freezes, does anyone ever go back and replay the games they develop or have testers?

Griev

Dec 7, 2021
I had zero issues playing through what's available. Just post your errors and maybe the dev can get back to you.

Vitreoush

Oct 2, 2017
The innovations you speak of, plenty other devs had been implementing those in way better ways than GB, in fact at the time of Tesliss Equation there were far better games in terms in graphics, if graphics is a denominator. Look at all the Virtual Date games, ArianeB and whatnot. Look at Pussoy. Look at lesson of passion games if you aren't aware.
I mean, I played games from every single one of those devs at the time, and quite honestly while they definitely had MORE graphics, what was there was often of lower quality than what GB made.

Honestly, if you're really looking for constructive criticism. I have some thoughts.

1) the main characters look WAY too old for being schoolkids. Sure, you are trying to make them look like your "average jane/joe" but Emily and Rowena look the same age as Ms. Smith, with wrinkles/bags under their eyes and excessively thin cheeks (like everyone got cheek fat removal). Oddly the only person who actually looks like a person in grade school is Robert, who for a "jock" is incredibly slight of build. They also all have unnaturally pink skin tones.
2) The graphical effects, like fade in, textual font changes, and the unusual wipes are excessive in quantity and really pull you out of the game (besides slowing down actual gameplay).
3) The comics are actually hard to read because they're angled in 3d space and have this odd depth of field effect that actually blurs out some of the text (usually at the left edge).
4). The positioning of hands/arms/legs in relation to faces and torsos in many scenes are often very odd, and deeply uncanny.
5). The active events, like the boxing match, are super awkward, as you need to scroll over the hotspots multiple times to get them to activate.

But most of all, you've based the entire game on GoblinBoy's work, much of the interest in this is because of how beloved that game is, but literally there is NO mention of that fact, no credit given to them, or even just a mention of their name anywhere in the game that I can see. That's not cool.

• Angry
Reactions: aifgamer and Ragnar

XFB

Dr. X
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2022
But most of all, you've based the entire game on GoblinBoy's work, much of the interest in this is because of how beloved that game is, but literally there is NO mention of that fact, no credit given to them, or even just a mention of their name anywhere in the game that I can see. That's not cool.
Perhaps you may have yet to check the Credits.

EDIT: TO all the peeps who might be struggling to finish the scene. I know not everyone reads the changelog but I sort of left a big hint over there,
'Current version ends after creaming both of Chrissy's holes. ;) '
Apologies, I'll try and give some better hints in-game to prompt the user on what to do next moving onwards.
A part of AIF was a bit about exploration and sometimes having some puzzling elements to them. I tried imparting some of that here and there, leave out hints to anyone who might have noticed them. Even the trailer and the banner have some hints/spoilers to the content/story.

wpeale71341 and everyone, 'Current version ends after creaming both of Chrissy's holes. ;) '
Hope that makes it clear for now what to do. :)
Also, try the U or hint button if you're missing any hotspots.

Last edited:

Davewatch

Jan 7, 2020
F#CK ME I still get stuck and can't get passed the when you blackout after the fight it just freezes and wont go anywhere

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes