Cheat Mod Unity The Twist - CheatMenuPlugin [v1.0.6] [dsconstructor]

walkerjonny

Apr 22, 2019
Updated the mod and OP to version 1.0.5

Changes include:
InstantText option (located under Commands)
increases the speed text is shown in the dialogue box to near instant.
(as requested by qwertyman2000)
Many thanks for updating this mod!
It helped me out a lot when I was in trouble one time because I didn't follow the walkthrough and missed to make some required steps at the right time. Otherwise my saves would've been messed up.

antoniomontenegro

Dec 29, 2017
View attachment 272819
Overview:
This mod adds a cheat menu to the game, and includes helpful utilities, see Features.​

Updated: Dec 27, 2019
Game/Creator: The Twist /
Modder: dsconstructor
Mod Version: 1.0.5Beta
Game Version: Any Version (Excluding v0.35Final and lower)
Language: English

Usage:
Hit F9 to toggle the menu

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Features:

(by: AngelOfDeath)

Change-Log:

Source Code:
Good Morning
Due to my work what I understand from
computing is working with CAO, and CAD
and the essential
All this about variables is complicated for me
I already tried, but what I got was having to uninstall and re-install
the game (lol)
My question is:
Is there any "program" where can suppress the variables
Just extract, copy, paste?
If it exists
all the work deserves a payment
Thanks

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
All this about variables is complicated for me
I'm assuming you mean the "SceneDumps" ?
It's pretty close to the C# programming language, so if you want to understand it i would recommend learning the basic syntax of that.

Is there any "program" where can suppress the variables
Not sure i follow, if thats in reference to the "SceneDumps", these are just print-outs of the gamelogic and changing the dumps will not have any effect.

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
I think i have fix the problem working now on 0.36 Final
It was diasable but now working
You dont need to do any of that, enabling the console will just give you some output on what BepInEx (and my mod) is doing internally, like give some progress updates when dumping scenes etc.

If you previously had V1.0.3 installed then that would explain why it didnt work for The Twist V0.36, as changes made to the game broke that version of the mod.

V1.0.4 and up fixed the issue.

forgotp

Nov 4, 2019
Is there an option for skipping the small white paper scene for Danielle's username? or should I just try dump all and hope it works

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Is there an option for skipping the small white paper scene for Danielle's username? or should I just try dump all and hope it works
Use the mod.. get your hands on the scene dump file (at Danielle's house) and compare the stats with your current stats.

I had a similar issue on Billy's path.. One flag was missing (not increased) in the scene.

Last edited:
Reactions: forgotp

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
I just wanted to add since testing out the 1.04 "beta", and then later seeing you made it official, then posted 1.05,
That this mod is AWESOME.

(bit of a long run explanation and thank you)
Between this and finding out i can modify some of the regkey values that the game also checks, and edit those on the fly, that makes this game actually playable. Cuts out the unnecessary grind, lets you save some real life time in not having to wait for all the transitions and scene changes all the time, by then editing the score values and what not to not have to grind out the same events over and over...
So yea.. between the screen dumps and the walkthru.. yea it kinda spoils the "surprise" since you kinda have to "read ahead" anyway.. but the time you take to do that, you save at least 2x/3x time in just not having to do the stupid GRIND....
and between that and the screen dumps and seeing the game variables, it helps to explain why you see some scenes and not others.

The only annoying thing is some of the variables are read from the registry.. and even if you -can- change those in the game mod, the game still reads from the reg entry instead. Some of those, iv discovered, you can edit on the fly and they seem to then take effect on the next scene change. Like what day it is.. (see other note below)

There are are some (int)'s that even within the scene dumps i cant figure out how the game arrives at their values..
One that comes to mind is one called mailboxmath, in the scene dumps i can find where it checks the variable, not where it actually sets or changes it.. so it must be some function within the exe itself, so for that, i had to burn days let the game change it (was to get the coupon for billy covered in the walkthru).

Another thing to, is some String values (like what day it is) you cant change in the mod, because as referenced above, some values are regkey defined, and "what day it is" is one of them. ( Did find out you can change what day it is on the fly, which requires manually typing in the hex codes for the spelled out day (including what looks like an ending 00 for a "." (period) at the end). No more having to burn days just to get to the beginning of the week again.

Would there be a way to have the variables that are "read-only" at least within the mod set to another text color? I would suspect modifying the regkey variables might be a bit outside the mods capabilities?

Thank you DS for your efforts!

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
There are are some (int)'s that even within the scene dumps i cant figure out how the game arrives at their values..
One that comes to mind is one called mailboxmath
"mailboxmath" is most likely set through code (by way of calling methods using "InvokeEvent") not a whole lot i can do about those, as that gets into de-compiling DotNet Intermediate Language to readable C# code, there are stand-alone tools out there that can do it though, like

Another thing to, is some String values (like what day it is) you cant change in the mod
Adding a string editor is something i could consider, just one of those things that has been low on my todo list due to being relatively easy to do in-game (legit), and using it is rather error prone where making a typo could quite easily result in hardlocks with a infinite black screen.

Would there be a way to have the variables that are "read-only" at least within the mod set to another text color? I would suspect modifying the regkey variables might be a bit outside the mods capabilities?
I am modifying/applying it to the regkey value indirectly, using the same method the game uses (SaveVariable) to have the changes made to variables persist between scene transitions.

I suspect something is changing these back to the old value after the fact, be it gamelogic that runs or methods in the code that are invoked, i've noticed it happening but i haven't had the time to really dig into it.

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
Thanks for the thoughts - yea no rush on anything, just tossing ideas out.
Programming/coding in general is kinda outside my area, but.. like with the dumps, i can read it and get the gist.. for the life of me i cant "create" code.. just doesnt work.

As for the string editing of days - i did find the hex combos and when i wanted, just manually entering them into the regkey. At least for "days", since it would be the same values, just cycled, would having a drop down selection to inject the direct combos be good to avoid manual entry errors?

And yes, between the Invoke's iv noticed in the dumps, and the variable resets.. yea figured it was buried into the game code.
I might go play with Dnspy if i get the urge. Even with what Iv been doing with the workarounds, its making things more bearable.

kvespong

May 28, 2017
Did anyone find the variable for the white note/ check at danielles house for her nickname? Its gone for me and can't figure out which variable to mess with.

kvespong

May 28, 2017
Fixed it by using the variable Auq and setting it to 20, then going to the computer. This fixed the missing note for me.

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
you can't open the menu with F9 anymore?
Nothing has change with the hotkeys, are you seeing the loaded plugin notification when launched ?
cheatmenu_loaded.png
(Do note older versions of the mod (<1.0.4) broke due to changes in the base game, so you have to make sure to use the latest version of the mod from the OP)

Boki82

Sep 9, 2019
View attachment 272819
Overview:
This mod adds a cheat menu to the game, and includes helpful utilities, see Features.​

Updated: Dec 27, 2019
Game/Creator: The Twist /
Modder: dsconstructor
Mod Version: 1.0.5Beta
Game Version: Any Version (Excluding v0.35Final and lower)
Language: English

Usage:
Hit F9 to toggle the menu

Installation:

Features:

(by: AngelOfDeath)

Change-Log:

Source Code:
Greetings and Thank you for making these Programs in 1st place :)
Just want to ask why is F9 not spawning cheat meny,andyes i do have latest and maybe final wersion of game 0,35?

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
Greetings and Thank you for making these Programs in 1st place :)
Just want to ask why is F9 not spawning cheat meny,andyes i do have latest and maybe final wersion of game 0,35?
trying to run it with 0.35Final would explain it, the latest (as of now) version is 0.36Final and due to changes made to the base game, specifically the addition of DRM i had to change the mod to support it which broke backwards compatibility.

TLDR; make sure you're running 0.36Final or later

Sch

May 20, 2017
pretty sure it's the mono part (probably would work with some .net stuff too but that is wonky)
i mean i was sure earlier too but eh.. now i'm really sure! :LOL:

anyway, at least it works (and plays better than through a VM i imagine)
I know this is an old post, but I had the same problem. The game was runnig fine, but the mod did not work. So if you still not able to run the game with the mod on linux, this could help.
- Install winhttp using winetricks
- Run winecfg, set Windows version to Windows 10 on the application tab
- On the next tab I set the following dll overriding:
winhttp(native,builtin)
Btw I'm using Linux Mint 19.3 (Ubuntu 18.04 based) with Wine 5.3, and a 32bit wineprefix.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I know this is an old post, but I had the same problem. The game was runnig fine, but the mod did not work. So if you still not able to run the game with the mod on linux, this could help.
- Install winhttp using winetricks
- Run winecfg, set Windows version to Windows 10 on the application tab
- On the next tab I set the following dll overriding:
winhttp(native,builtin)
Btw I'm using Linux Mint 19.3 (Ubuntu 18.04 based) with Wine 5.3, and a 32bit wineprefix.
For me the cheat mod never worked via Wine on Ubuntu 16.04. It only worked through PlayOnLinux - which isn't develop anymore.