Mod Ren'Py The Tyrant: S A Z Mod [Update 0.9.4b Official][Mod][S A Z]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
View attachment 1866255

this is appearing with the scene , not compressed version too, using dark paths mod and have the animations on, same with scene at the kitchen with cassandra (where one of the options is "surprise") , any idea how to fix this?
Hello again Cozmos. This issue generally happens because the 0.9.4b patch for the main game is not installed. If you haven't installed this, that can be found in the main game OP. I usually recommend a fresh install of the main game, and then the 0.9.4b patch, and then the SAZmod, possibly in a new location. This normally fixes this issue completely. I hope this helps you too. :)
also any reason why Saddo abandoned this game? there is also "Blackheart" who's redoing games with their own flavor/touch to them while staying true to the story of the original, if someone can contact them so they'd look at the tyrant.
Also this game was never officially abandoned by Saddog. It was just marked as abandoned because he hasn't made an official update or communication in over 6 months and that is the site guidelines. I was however in communication with Saddog earlier this year and he gave me some assets to share with people asking about them, which I posted in The Tyrant asset thread here. In that communication he mentioned he was busy working on the last two updates of the game still. So I personally believe we will see those updates to the complete the game eventually.

BiggestDickest

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021
Hello SAZ, I have some questions about your mod. You said the NTR content has been separated into the "Darker Paths". Does that mean if I turn NTR off, it will also turn off all the Darker Paths scenes? I'm not into NTR personally, but rather I am intrigued about the "But in this path, the MC is into it and he's willing to do the same to the girls if he gets the chance." part on the Sadist path, which seems to suggest this path not only includes NTR scenes, but MC scenes as well.

You also mentioned that "Adding in the special renders Saddog made into the game somehow." in your mod. Are those the same special renders as the special renders in the Extras section on the original game thread? Thank you.

Reactions: S A Z

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Hello SAZ, I have some questions about your mod. You said the NTR content has been separated into the "Darker Paths". Does that mean if I turn NTR off, it will also turn off all the Darker Paths scenes? I'm not into NTR personally, but rather I am intrigued about the "But in this path, the MC is into it and he's willing to do the same to the girls if he gets the chance." part on the Sadist path, which seems to suggest this path not only includes NTR scenes, but MC scenes as well.
Hello. :) Yes, if you turn off NTR that will turn off the Darker Paths content. And I'm afraid all of the Darker Paths content is tied to those scenes as there isn't really a main NTR path in the game for the storyline, there is only Corruption or Love for furthering the story content. So when playing the game, you need to select one of those paths in conjunction with the NTR/Darker Paths content to view them (If you want to view the NTR content that is).

The Darker Paths are flavors for the NTR scenes. Giving some variety to those scenes that you can choose each time you view an NTR scene or set via the cheat menu in the phone's cheat app.
You also mentioned that "Adding in the special renders Saddog made into the game somehow." in your mod. Are those the same special renders as the special renders in the Extras section on the original game thread? Thank you.
And yes, it will be using modified versions of those same renders in the Extras section. This is will be an optional add-on. I am currently working on the Official update for the 0.9.4b version of my mod, updating from the Beta version of the 0.9.4b of the mod. Once that is completed, I will be starting work on that add-on. But I do expect this to take me a while still, as I mentioned in those earlier posts.

BiggestDickest

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021
Hello. :) Yes, if you turn off NTR that will turn off the Darker Paths content. And I'm afraid all of the Darker Paths content is tied to those scenes as there isn't really a main NTR path in the game for the storyline, there is only Corruption or Love for furthering the story content. So when playing the game, you need to select one of those paths in conjunction with the NTR/Darker Paths content to view them (If you want to view the NTR content that is).

The Darker Paths are flavors for the NTR scenes. Giving some variety to those scenes that you can choose each time you view an NTR scene or set via the cheat menu in the phone's cheat app.
Let me ask this bluntly :p. Is the MC going to rape/blackmail the girls on the Sadist path? Or does he only enjoy watching them get raped in NTR?

A bit off-topic here, but about the asset list you posted. None of the assets look like Cassandra or Alexis. Are they posted somewhere else?

Cozmos

May 30, 2017
Hello again Cozmos. This issue generally happens because the 0.9.4b patch for the main game is not installed. If you haven't installed this, that can be found in the main game OP. I usually recommend a fresh install of the main game, and then the 0.9.4b patch, and then the SAZmod, possibly in a new location. This normally fixes this issue completely. I hope this helps you too. :)

Also this game was never officially abandoned by Saddog. It was just marked as abandoned because he hasn't made an official update or communication in over 6 months and that is the site guidelines. I was however in communication with Saddog earlier this year and he gave me some assets to share with people asking about them, which I posted in The Tyrant asset thread here. In that communication he mentioned he was busy working on the last two updates of the game still. So I personally believe we will see those updates to the complete the game eventually.
workedc like a charm, much thanks Saz and thanks for the mod as well, added a whole lot of good stuff and variety + ease of access to the game, step lively mate

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Let me ask this bluntly :p. Is the MC going to rape/blackmail the girls on the Sadist path? Or does he only enjoy watching them get raped in NTR?
The Darker Paths utilize the original in-game assets(images) and in most of those NTR scenes the MC doesn't participate personally, he just sees things happen to the girls. The Darker Paths are mostly just dialogue flavor changes for already existing scenes.
A bit off-topic here, but about the asset list you posted. None of the assets look like Cassandra or Alexis. Are they posted somewhere else?
Saddog actually shared some of the original character assets personally in the Fan-art thread, which was really awesome of him! Those can be found in this post.

Cozmos

May 30, 2017
oh also can't seem to open nicole's 2nd scene at weekend (not the 2nd date one), I have all the other ones including the one where you take her to the city in both corruption and love variants.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
oh also can't seem to open nicole's 2nd scene at weekend (not the 2nd date one), I have all the other ones including the one where you take her to the city in both corruption and love variants.
If you want to share your save, I would be happy to take a look and see if I can figure out what needs to be done still to unlock the scene you are talking about. :)

Cozmos

May 30, 2017
If you want to share your save, I would be happy to take a look and see if I can figure out what needs to be done still to unlock the scene you are talking about. :)
there you go, also I can't seem to be able to buy Nicole's pervy outfit (the black dress), installed a cam in alexis but can't see any scene from it, and a similar bit with cassandra (a similar as in there is an option to go into casanadra's room) but it's always locked, but currently the main thing is no nicole gangmember event at weekend

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
there you go, also I can't seem to be able to buy Nicole's pervy outfit (the black dress), installed a cam in alexis but can't see any scene from it, and a similar bit with cassandra (a similar as in there is an option to go into casanadra's room) but it's always locked, but currently the main thing is no nicole gangmember event at weekend
I was able to take a look at your save and this is what I found in regard to those events you mentioned.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

all4stars

Mar 19, 2021
Guys... is it just me, or is the UI terrible in this mod? I don't know if my game is bugged or it's supposed to be like this? Like, with the silver outlines and stuff? Maybe I just need to get used to it

Also, my old saves are broken now, but I suppose that's normal

Last edited:
Reactions: huran96

djv007

Apr 23, 2020
Do we loose relationship points faster the with the original difficulty or the Saz Mod difficulty?

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Do we loose relationship points faster the with the original difficulty or the Saz Mod difficulty?
You will lose relationship points faster with the Original Difficulty setting vs the SAZmod Difficulty setting. But only with Nicole, as her point loss was higher in the Original Game. I brought her point loss down to the other girl's rates in the SAZmod Difficulty setting. Otherwise you will lose relationship points at the same rate with the other girls in both settings.

onodamakoto

Mar 4, 2021
Does anyone have the compressed version of this Game? All the Compressed downlink doesn't work anymore, the Original version quite Big size~ Hope can get the Compressed version!
And the SAZ mode also work on Compressed version, so hope someone can upload the Compressed version~ Thanks!!!

djv007

Apr 23, 2020
You will lose relationship points faster with the Original Difficulty setting vs the SAZmod Difficulty setting. But only with Nicole, as her point loss was higher in the Original Game. I brought her point loss down to the other girl's rates in the SAZmod Difficulty setting. Otherwise you will lose relationship points at the same rate with the other girls in both settings.
I see. And what triggers this relationship point loss? I am trying to make the game a little harder to beat. So am trying to figure out the conditions for all the negative values for variables like relationship, love, corruption etc. Pls help me with this. Tell me what conditions effect the relationship gain or loss.

thankyou for reading

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
I see. And what triggers this relationship point loss? I am trying to make the game a little harder to beat. So am trying to figure out the conditions for all the negative values for variables like relationship, love, corruption etc. Pls help me with this. Tell me what conditions effect the relationship gain or loss.

thankyou for reading
The only thing that affects it are your relationship points and that is to trigger the point loss starting.

For each of the girls there is a point value you need to reach before they start losing points. I will list it out down below. This is again based on relationship points.
  • Nicole - 40 Points
  • Cassandra - 20 Points
  • Alexis - 70 Points
  • Irina - 20 Points
  • Kate - 20 Points
  • Susan - 20 Points
  • Vivian - 20 Points
There is another way to lose Points faster right now. If you set it so it forces a particular Darker Path in the cheat menu in the phone, it also sets it to a sort of "hardmode" making it so you lose 20 relationship points per night on Nicole, Cassandra, Alexis, and Irina. After you gain enough relationships points to unlock point losses for them first.

I am fixing it in the next update, still a while away, where this "hardmode" will have it's own on/off button, which will affect all girls, so people can set a forced Darker Path without going into "hardmode". (Hardmode was originally in the main game but then later removed. I added it back in a limited capacity, with this next tweak it will be back again for all the girls.)

But for now that option is the best one for you to play and lose the most points each night for most of the girls along with the Original Difficulty setting.

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes