• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py The Tyrant: S A Z Mod [Update 0.9.4b Official][Mod][S A Z]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

valorah

May 15, 2017
That looks like an audio issue. Reading what you provided above.

Since you mention that you also get that with some other VN/Games/Mods, it may be possible your sound device & driver on your systems may not be compatible with the VN/Game/Mod application. At this moment, I have not run into any known issue with that off my head or any posting in other forums. Hopefully someone could assist you with that. There may be a slim chance you may need additional file(s) to help resolve that. Fro them to help you, you may need to say if you are running 32-bit or 64-bit Windows. You may also check the manufacture's website to see if there any new audio driver(s) for the audio device on your system.

Have a great day and be safe... (y)
Thanks a lot. I'm not that good with this stuff, do you think deleting some audio files might also work? Don't mind if there is no audio in the end

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Does anybody else get this error with SAZMOD installed? Normal game would run fine. I get this with a few other games / mods, maybe it's my PC?
This is the error:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

After initialization, but before game start.
Exception: DirectSoundCreate: Unknown DirectSound error: 0x88890008

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc\renpy\main.py", line 565, in main
renpy.display.core.Interface()
File "D:\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 1659, in __init__
renpy.audio.audio.init()
File "D:\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 860, in init
renpysound.init(renpy.config.sound_sample_rate, 2, bufsize, False, renpy.config.equal_mono)
File "renpysound.pyx", line 383, in renpy.audio.renpysound.init
File "renpysound.pyx", line 98, in renpy.audio.renpysound.check_error
Exception: DirectSoundCreate: Unknown DirectSound error: 0x88890008

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
The Tyrant 0.9.4b
Thu Apr 14 22:21:04 2022
That looks like an audio issue. Reading what you provided above.

Since you mention that you also get that with some other VN/Games/Mods, it may be possible your sound device & driver on your systems may not be compatible with the VN/Game/Mod application. At this moment, I have not run into any known issue with that off my head or any posting in other forums. Hopefully someone could assist you with that. There may be a slim chance you may need additional file(s) to help resolve that. Fro them to help you, you may need to say if you are running 32-bit or 64-bit Windows. You may also check the manufacture's website to see if there any new audio driver(s) for the audio device on your system.

Thanks a lot. I'm not that good with this stuff, do you think deleting some audio files might also work? Don't mind if there is no audio in the end
So the only additional audio files in the mod are .mp3 files. They likely are not causing this issue, but if you'd like to delete them anyway they can be found in the SAZMOD > music folder.

What is most likely occurring from what I can see is an out of date sound card/ audio driver or occasionally an issue with Direct X based on the research I found when looking up this error. Sadly I haven't ran into this error myself so I don't have a definitive fix for you. I also noticed that you are running the 0.9.4 version of the base game and you want to be running the 0.9.4b version when using the mod for the best results, although this still might not resolve your issue. The 0.9.4b patch can be found on the OP for the main game.

The mod uses different calls for it's background music player than the base game, which are more up-to-date with RenPy's more recent updates, so it uses libraries from more recent drivers. That is likely why the main game worked for you, but the mod did not. I'm sorry it's causing issue with your system, but if you are able to update your audio/sound card drivers, that will likely fix this issue based on what I have seen online about this error. I hope it does.

*Another user reported they had this error appear when using their headset, and removing their headset when playing the game helped make the error go away. I'm assuming this was because when their headset was plugged in, it used a different driver set with their system configuration. An odd work-around, but I thought I would mention it.

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
Deleting audio files may not prevent that error message posting, it may appear through out the VN. Hopefully someone could help you resolve that issue, which S A Z would be please that someone willing to provide the solution to that issue.

My best guess would be if your computer is a common computer like , , , etc. You should be able to have an check tools from them that help check your computer and determine if there any known update. You can also manually go to their site under support and they may have a tool from their web to scan your system as well. Keep in mind, I do not expect you to know how to do these things, however someone like me would help provide some point of direction to help guild you to where you may need to go.

* edited additional info *

S A Z pointed out good info. You may need to see if Windows has an updated Direct X software. Sometime that may also help resolve some of those issue. First make sure you run Windows Updates and see if any update needed if not, may need to go to .

Last edited:
Reactions: S A Z

valorah

May 15, 2017
yea wtf, thank you so much for helping! Actually taking your time and investigate for one single person with a rare error. So, I now did a few clicks, probably didn't do much, but the main thing I did change was connecting earphones: and it works. Thanks guys, awesome forum!

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
yea wtf, thank you so much for helping! Actually taking your time and investigate for one single person with a rare error. So, I now did a few clicks, probably didn't do much, but the main thing I did change was connecting earphones: and it works. Thanks guys, awesome forum!
Glad you were able to resolve your issue. You would give S A Z the credit for hearing other possible solution from another user.

Reactions: D Dog and S A Z

bubbaboy

Dec 10, 2017
any further development of the mod? would love to see more pregnancy-specific content. Maybe working in the special renders into the main game?

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
any further development of the mod? would love to see more pregnancy-specific content. Maybe working in the special renders into the main game?
Hello! :)

I would be happy to give an update on the plans for the mod and such. Right now I have been extremely busy again with IRL commitments, but I am still currently working on finishing up the release on what will be the Official release of the 0.9.4b version of the mod. Right now I feel the that current Hot Fixes we have released are pretty much stable at the moment. I have some minor fixes for the Official release which will remove the Beta label, mostly just minor dialogue changes and continuity fixes. I am working on two new club scenes for this release as well, bringing back one with old renders that is removed when you get past a certain point in the game, with new dialogue, the other is with fresh renders I am slowly working on over time. (It's not a huge scene, but I think it will be fun, and there is all so I tie-in scene in the gym to increase relationships points with the girl as well). I am just working on this bit by bit, over time, so it is still going to take a while I'm afraid, but I will be posting the finished Official update here of course when it's all said and done. I have no time estimate I'm afraid, as I don't do those, but I am working on it.

Once the Official release if completed, I do think my next major addition will be adding the special renders to the game in to the form of an optional "Add-on Pack" very much like the "Spot1000 Animation Pack" where those users that would like to add it to the game can download it and install it separately and use it by turning it on in the Cheat Menu on the phone. But just a warning, this will take a long time for me to do. I will need to go through and edit each picture manually to remove or crop the Patreon label out from each one, and as each image is only a single image on it's own or part of a very small series, there isn't a lot for a full scene to be played out. Leaving me with quick little flashback options or presentations of images found on phones, or something else along those lines. I have a dozen or so ideas with how to work with this, but I am still deciding how I want to do it in the end. Then I need to finalize my script for each image. So it's a very large project.

I will likely add smaller scenes rendered on my own as I work on the larger special render project, time willing, as well. For those scenes, they will likely focus on events around the other main events as I would still like to see if Saddog does deliver on those last few updates he said he was working on. I'm hoping to add scenes the don't conflict with anything he might already be planning to add. It's a bit of a gamble each time I add a scene anyway, but it's part of the process when I am thinking about adding a scene. Anyway, when I do add a scene, I try to add the possible clothing, pregnancy, and dead people variations that exist in the game when making it. So you will likely see those variations to my added scenes whenever possible. (y)

I hope this has helped answer your questions a bit about the mod's development right now. I am sorry my IRL commitments are taking up so much of my time again right now, but they are very important to me, as some of them are in regards to time with someone I can't get back later. I know others of you are faced with some tough times as well, so I'm not asking for any sympathy or anything like that, I just want you to know that I wish you all the very best in whatever you are facing, no matter what it is and I hope things get better for you as soon as possible! I'm going to get back to it and I'll let you know how things are going with the mod again soon.

Last edited:

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
I just want you to know that I wish you all the very best in whatever you are facing, no matter what it is and I hope things get better for you as soon as possible!
Not trying to speak for anyone other than myself, but based on all of the well-deserved love I've seen on this thread before, I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual for quite a few people S A Z. Wishing you the best right back, bud.

bubbaboy

Dec 10, 2017
Hello! :)

I would be happy to give an update on the plans for the mod and such. Right now I have been extremely busy again with IRL commitments, but I am still currently working on finishing up the release on what will be the Official release of the 0.9.4b version of the mod. Right now I feel the that current Hot Fixes we have released are pretty much stable at the moment. I have some minor fixes for the Official release which will remove the Beta label, mostly just minor dialogue changes and continuity fixes. I am working on two new club scenes for this release as well, bringing back one with old renders that is removed when you get past a certain point in the game, with new dialogue, the other is with fresh renders I am slowly working on over time. (It's not a huge scene, but I think it will be fun, and there is all so I tie-in scene in the gym to increase relationships points with the girl as well). I am just working on this bit by bit, over time, so it is still going to take a while I'm afraid, but I will be posting the finished Official update here of course when it's all said and done. I have no time estimate I'm afraid, as I don't do those, but I am working on it.

Once the Official release if completed, I do think my next major addition will be adding the special renders to the game in to the form of an optional "Add-on Pack" very much like the "Spot1000 Animation Pack" where those users that would like to add it to the game can download it and install it separately and use it by turning it on in the Cheat Menu on the phone. But just a warning, this will take a long time for me to do. I will need to go through and edit each picture manually to remove or crop the Patreon label out from each one, and as each image is only a single image on it's own or part of a very small series, there isn't a lot for a full scene to be played out. Leaving me with quick little flashback options or presentations of images found on phones, or something else along those lines. I have a dozen or so ideas with how to work with this, but I am still deciding how I want to do it in the end. Then I need to finalize my script for each image. So it's a very large project.

I will likely add smaller scenes rendered on my own as I work on the larger special render project, time willing, as well. For those scenes, they will likely focus on events around the other main events as I would still like to see if Saddog does deliver on those last few updates he said he was working on. I'm hoping to add scenes the don't conflict with anything he might already be planning to add. It's a bit of a gamble each time I add a scene anyway, but it's part of the process when I am thinking about adding a scene. Anyway, when I do add a scene, I try to add the possible clothing, pregnancy, and dead people variations that exist in the game when making it. So you will likely see those variations to my added scenes whenever possible. (y)

I hope this has helped answer your questions a bit about the mod's development right now. I am sorry my IRL commitments are taking up so much of my time again right now, but they are very important to me, as some of them are in regards to time with someone I can't get back later. I know others of you are faced with some tough times as well, so I'm not asking for any sympathy or anything like that, I just want you to know that I wish you all the very best in whatever you are facing, no matter what it is and I hope things get better for you as soon as possible! I'm going to get back to it and I'll let you know how things are going with the mod again soon.
Love the dedication! No rush, I was just curious what was going on with everything. Keep up the great work! Do you think saddog will ever return, since his patreon page has been inactive for over a year?

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Love the dedication! No rush, I was just curious what was going on with everything. Keep up the great work! Do you think saddog will ever return, since his patreon page has been inactive for over a year?
Personally, I do think so, as we've had hiatuses before and Saddog has returned. He was also kind enough to share some asset information with me earlier and had mentioned the he was still working on the last couple updates during that communication. I posted the assets he shared with me here, as he asked that I share them with anyone that asked for them, which was very cool of him. Time, of course, will tell.

choontz

Sep 5, 2019
The fact that SAZ Mod Official for the latest base game actually finally came out even though the base game is now thought to be abandoned is dramatic testament to the dedication and love this mod's dev pours into the project. Kudos, much impressed with this and I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling that elation that somehow, amazingly, through all the dark winters and hard times you still get it done.

I'm off to savour installing it, meticulously patching everything, and then enjoying the game yet again :D

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
raysantiago regarding the error you posted on the main game thread, I usually see this error when the mod is not installed with the full SAZMOD folder in the game folder, but instead the contents of the SAZMOD folder are put into the game folder of The Tyrant. This may not be the reason for your issue. But it's often the case.

The mod has been structured so that you put the full SAZMOD folder into the game folder so it should look something like this:
  • The Tyrant
    • game
      • SAZMOD
        • edited
        • music
        • scripts
Check to see if your folder structure is like this, if it is not, then I would recommend a reinstall of the main game, then run it once. Then install the SAZMOD as you see here, then install the HotFix v04 following these instructions:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This should get things up and running again without that error. Even if this is not your issue, with this error, I would probably still recommend trying this fix to resolve it, as this has been the usual method for fixing that error that I have seen. (y) Let me know if this helps or if you need any more help getting it to work. I hope you have a great one!

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
When will come new update? i want more ntr scenes
I gave a recent update about the mod development above. :) Sadly, not much has change since then. I have made a little more progress, but nothing really big to report I'm afraid.

The two new scenes I'm currently working on for the Official release update are not NTR scenes, at least in regarding to the MC, but one does involve the MC and Kate getting busy directly under the nose of her boyfriend, so Netori just not Netorare this time.

But as I mention in the earlier post, I plan to start work on incorporating the patreon reward images after I finish the Official 0.9.4b release, in some way (although I project that, that will be a long on-going project). So there should be plenty of NTR, Corruption, and Love content added with those images, just in small slices as they are only little one shot images mostly. (y)

I do want to say though, in regards to adding these patreon images, these are supposed to be reward images for people that paid extra for them. In respect to that, should saddog ask me to remove this add-on option from the mod, I would and will.

NightShades

Mar 30, 2020
I gave a recent update about the mod development above. :) Sadly, not much has change since then. I have made a little more progress, but nothing really big to report I'm afraid.

The two new scenes I'm currently working on for the Official release update are not NTR scenes, at least in regarding to the MC, but one does involve the MC and Kate getting busy directly under the nose of her boyfriend, so Netori just not Netorare this time.

But as I mention in the earlier post, I plan to start work on incorporating the patreon reward images after I finish the Official 0.9.4b release, in some way (although I project that, that will be a long on-going project). So there should be plenty of NTR, Corruption, and Love content added with those images, just in small slices as they are only little one shot images mostly. (y)

I do want to say though, in regards to adding these patreon images, these are supposed to be reward images for people that paid extra for them. In respect to that, should saddog ask me to remove this add-on option from the mod, I would and will.
Sorry to ask you about this because last update i can not play so i am waiting for new update to come out

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes