Mod Ren'Py The Tyrant: S A Z Mod [Update 0.9.4b Official][Mod][S A Z]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
I’ve played this game but never to “completion” yet. I’m a little confused about how the Love/Corruption system works. Since you can gain points in both, does that mean that you can unlock all of the content/scenes in one playthrough? Or do you need to do a Love run and a separate Corruption run (two different saves) to see everything?

Edit: And yes I know that NTR needs to be turned on to see the NTR scenes lol

Last edited:

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
I’ve played this game but never to “completion” yet. I’m a little confused about how the Love/Corruption system works. Since you can gain points in both, does that mean that you can unlock all of the content/scenes in one playthrough? Or do you need to do a Love run and a separate Corruption run (two different saves) to see everything?
So with the main game, no mod, you would likely need to have two saves as some events are not repeatable and some of them are dependent on which side you have higher point values in, Love or Corruption.

But with the mod installed, you can repeat nearly all of the events and in nearly all of the case which side you want to see, Love or Corruption, as you play. So you can unlock and see pretty much all of the events in one playthrough. There are some variations to some scenes, like the 8am living room scenes with Nicole, where it takes into account how many points you have in either Love or Corruption and which one it higher. Just something to keep in mind as you play.

I'm still working on an improved system to notify the player on when those kind of thing matter, so they know when to keep their points values in mind. I have some ideas on that already, but they are yet to be fully implemented.

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
So with the main game, no mod, you would likely need to have two saves as some events are not repeatable and some of them are dependent on which side you have higher point values in, Love or Corruption.

But with the mod installed, you can repeat nearly all of the events and in nearly all of the case which side you want to see, Love or Corruption, as you play. So you can unlock and see pretty much all of the events in one playthrough. There are some variations to some scenes, like the 8am living room scenes with Nicole, where it takes into account how many points you have in either Love or Corruption and which one it higher. Just something to keep in mind as you play.

I'm still working on an improved system to notify the player on when those kind of thing matter, so they know when to keep their points values in mind. I have some ideas on that already, but they are yet to be fully implemented.
Oh that's great to hear! I played a few hours of the vanilla version a while back, and then tried it with your mod. Now your mod is the only way I can play the game because it just improves it too much for me to ever go back to vanilla. It is nice to be able to see different versions of scenes without having to start a whole new save. And repeatable scenes are always great imo (y)

I don't know how much is within your power to add more content by implementing things like fan art into new scenes, etc. but any and all work, big or small, is very much appreciated. I've only played a dozen or so H-Games, but Nicole is one of my personal favorite MILFs. I love Alexis and Irina as well. I'd like Cassandra more if she didn't have those nipples rings, but oh well XD. Shame this game won't ever get a finale, but if it ends in just a non-cliffhanger sandbox-state that would be enough for me.

Итачи

Jan 16, 2021
Oh that's great to hear! I played a few hours of the vanilla version a while back, and then tried it with your mod. Now your mod is the only way I can play the game because it just improves it too much for me to ever go back to vanilla. It is nice to be able to see different versions of scenes without having to start a whole new save. And repeatable scenes are always great imo (y)

I don't know how much is within your power to add more content by implementing things like fan art into new scenes, etc. but any and all work, big or small, is very much appreciated. I've only played a dozen or so H-Games, but Nicole is one of my personal favorite MILFs. I love Alexis and Irina as well. I'd like Cassandra more if she didn't have those nipples rings, but oh well XD. Shame this game won't ever get a finale, but if it ends in just a non-cliffhanger sandbox-state that would be enough for me.
As I recall, SAZ said that if Saddog did not return, he would soon try to bring the game to the final himself.

Knight2416

Jul 16, 2017
As I recall, SAZ said that if Saddog did not return, he would soon try to bring the game to the final himself.
The great and powerful S A Z is still working on it, but it will be a long path as he had a list of things he wanted and was hoping saddog would finish game to make workload less. as SAZ has a real job and works solo it will take time.
Some of things he wanted to do were:
  1. improve character text to reflect Love/Corruption/Dark paths and different outfits better
  2. try and add special renders to game
  3. some more of his (and maybe others) fan art
  4. and of course finish the game lol

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
The great and powerful S A Z is still working on it, but it will be a long path as he had a list of things he wanted and was hoping saddog would finish game to make workload less. as SAZ has a real job and works solo it will take time.
  1. improve character text to reflect Love/Corruption/Dark paths and different outfits better
I wonder how much time it would be before it's decided to just go ahead and finish it. Waiting several months, or even a year is reasonable, if there's any hope of the dev picking it back up again. If saddog were to be gone for 10 years then obviously it's 99% certain that he won't ever come back to it lol. So I wonder if SAZ has a rough "deadline" of "If saddog doesn't resurface in X amount of time then I will go full ahead and finish the game."

Reactions: Mount Parnassus

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
I wonder how much time it would be before it's decided to just go ahead and finish it. Waiting several months, or even a year is reasonable, if there's any hope of the dev picking it back up again. If saddog were to be gone for 10 years then obviously it's 99% certain that he won't ever come back to it lol. So I wonder if SAZ has a rough "deadline" of "If saddog doesn't resurface in X amount of time then I will go full ahead and finish the game."
Hello Everyone!

I just thought I would touch base on a couple things that have come up and it also relates to these last two posts as well, so I hope you don't mind if I respond to your posts with a bit of a longer explanation, Knight2416 and RabidSloth. :D

I've touched on this before in my post here, but it's not just about waiting to see if Saddog ever returns. He may never do so. That is just the best case scenario because there are other factors that come in play that limit my current abilities to just go ahead and finish the game.

I don't have all the needed Daz3D assets to create all of the environments and characters(and outfits) in the game yet. Many of those have been identified, but some still haven't. And getting those items, through official methods, or otherwise, takes time. Then there are hardware limitations I'm dealing with. Which of course limits how quickly I can render my own content. Which is okay for now, again, I don't do this for money, it's a hobby for me. I'm just enjoying the process of working on this as I get time away from work and daily life to create something fun. Which brings me to my time limitations. I've been very up front with my limited available time to work on the mod right now.

Some people have recommended using a team to complete work on the game, and I understand the reasoning behind that. It can be a very beneficial way to work. But having acted as a project manger in my own field of work many times, I also understand that there is some give and take in that situation as well. It takes a good deal of time to properly manage a team and keep a project on target. And with the little time I do have, I don't want to spend it communicating with and managing a team, when I could be spending that time creating more content on the mod, the process of which, I enjoy doing far more.

So what this all means is, I can create certain things now for the mod, some additions that don't require the assets I'm currently missing and make alterations to the mechanics in game and dialogue along those same lines. Many of those things are from a list of requests and possible mod additions I have built along the way. I intend to keep working on those and incorporating fan-arts of either my own creation or from the fan-art thread were possible to give us some new content as I can. While I'm doing this, I'm going to be building my library of those missing assets so that one day, I can possibly create a worthy ending if still needed.

I mentioned in the linked post earlier, that this process of working on my list of possible additions and collecting assets could take me a good deal of time, months or even a year. But that is really only a guess. I honestly have no idea when I'll be ready to start working on "completing" the game. I'm not going to give myself a "deadline" though. I hate working to one when it concerns my hobby. It takes away all of the fun and my drive to do it and I'm not making that mistake again. I'm sorry for those users wanting a different answer than that. But I know doing it any other way for me is a recipe for burnout and I'm still enjoying working on this mod after all this time and I don't want that to stop. So I need to protect that. Even if you don't necessarily agree with it, I hope this helps you understand where I'm coming from.

That being said, I do want you to know that I've already been looking a number of possible ways to compete that game. From completing the game using renders already in the game, or possibly just doing static renders of each character and placing them over a location background like a more traditional VN, and a few other "What If" scenarios for completing the game. I'm constantly thinking of options and I never know what could happen around the corner. Circumstances change and I'm willing to adapt my position or personal timeline should things change to allow that. I'm not going to lie, I do still hope that Saddog surprises us all and comes back out of the blue with a completed game (but I'm not planning on this). It would be best to have his ending, as any ending I make would/will be an ending according to SAZ, it's possible or more likely probable, that not everyone would like the direction I decide to take it. You just never know with this sort of thing.

Anyway, this is more than enough out of me. I'm going back to work. I hope you all are doing well and staying safe. :)

Last edited:

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
Hello Everyone!

I just thought I would touch base on a couple things that have come up and it also relates to these last two posts as well, so I hope you don't mind if I respond to your posts with a bit of a longer explanation, Knight2416 and RabidSloth. :D

I've touched on this before in my post here, but it's not just about waiting to see if Saddog ever returns. He may never do so. That is just the best case scenario because there are other factors that come in play that limit my current abilities to just go ahead and finish the game.

I don't have all the needed Daz3D assets to create all of the environments and characters(and outfits) in the game yet. Many of those have been identified, but some still haven't. And getting those items, through official methods, or otherwise, takes time. Then there are hardware limitations I'm dealing with. Which of course limits how quickly I can render my own content. Which is okay for now, again, I don't do this for money, it's a hobby for me. I'm just enjoying the process of working on this as I get time away from work and daily life to create something fun. Which brings me to my time limitations. I've been very up front with my limited available time to work on the mod right now.

Some people have recommended using a team to complete work on the game, and I understand the reasoning behind that. It can be a very beneficial way to work. But having acted as a project manger in my own field work many times, I also understand that there is some give and take in that situation as well. It takes a good deal of time to properly manage a team and keep a project on target. And with little time I do have, I don't want to spend it communicating with and managing a team, when I could be spending that time creating more content on the mod, the process of which, I enjoy doing far more.

So what this all means is this, I can create certain things now for the mod, some additions that don't require the assets I'm currently missing and make alterations to the mechanics in game and dialogue along those same lines. Many of those things are from a list of requests and possible mod additions I have built along the way. I intend to keep working on those and incorporating fan-arts of either my own creation or from the fan-art thread were possible to give us some new content as I can. While I'm doing this, I'm going to be building my library of those missing assets so that one day, I can possibly create a worthy ending if still needed.

I mentioned in the linked post earlier, that this process of working on my list of possible additions and collecting assets could take me a good deal of time, months or even a year. But that is really only a guess. I honestly have no idea when I'll be ready to start working on "completing" the game. I'm not going to give myself a "deadline" though. I hate working to one when it concerns my hobby. It takes away all of the fun and my drive to do it and I'm not making that mistake again. I'm sorry for those users wanting a different answer than that. But I know doing it any other way for me is a recipe for burnout and I'm still enjoying working on this mod after all this time and I don't want that to stop. So I need to protect that. Even if you don't necessarily agree with it, I hope this helps you understand where I'm coming from.

That being said, I do want you to know that I've already been looking a number of possible ways to compete that game. From completing the game using renders already in the game, or possibly just doing static renders of each character and placing them over a location background like a more traditional VN, and a few other "What If" scenarios for completing the game. I'm constantly thinking of options and I never know what could happen around the corner. Circumstances change and I'm willing to adapt my position or personal timeline should things change to allow that. I'm not going to lie, I do still hope that Saddog surprises us all and comes back out of the blue with a completed game (but I'm not planning on this). It would be best to have his ending, as any ending I make would/will be an ending according to SAZ, it's possible or more likely probable, that not everyone would like the direction I decide to take it. You just never know with this sort of thing.

Anyway, this is more than enough out of me. I'm going back to work. I hope you all are doing well and staying safe. :)
"Deadline" was probably the wrong word to use. I just meant more like just a rough estimate of time that you decided on before you say "Alright. He's not going to come back and finish it. I'll go ahead and do it."

I was unaware that you were compiling assets and resources for the game. That's cool that you're on the hunt! I remember a scene with Nicole that involved her trying on different outfits for the MC. If my understanding is right, that was a non-vanilla scene built by you, using fan art. Is that correct? I'm sure, like myself, that many fans would love to see additional scenes/content added this way eventually. I remember seeing some very good things in the fan art thread when I browsed it.

As a matter of fact, since I never completed a run of this game before, I think I'll start on that so that I have some more context when discussing it. I'm not even sure what manner of "cliffhanger" the game leaves off on.

Ginji

Lightning Emperor
Donor
May 14, 2017
S A Z ive mentioned before feel free to set up a donations page to help with assets or hardware,as for completing the game should it come to that-f95 has some really talented people who post in the fan art section of this game maybe if asked they could take some of the load,just a thought;):):love:(y)

Knight2416

Jul 16, 2017
Hello Everyone!

Some people have recommended using a team to complete work on the game, and I understand the reasoning behind that. It can be a very beneficial way to work. But having acted as a project manger in my own field of work many times, I also understand that there is some give and take in that situation as well. It takes a good deal of time to properly manage a team and keep a project on target. And with the little time I do have, I don't want to spend it communicating with and managing a team, when I could be spending that time creating more content on the mod, the process of which, I enjoy doing far more.

So what this all means is, I can create certain things now for the mod, some additions that don't require the assets I'm currently missing and make alterations to the mechanics in game and dialogue along those same lines. Many of those things are from a list of requests and possible mod additions I have built along the way. I intend to keep working on those and incorporating fan-arts of either my own creation or from the fan-art thread were possible to give us some new content as I can. While I'm doing this, I'm going to be building my library of those missing assets so that one day, I can possibly create a worthy ending if still needed.

In S A Z we trust you truck along in your own time mate, stay safe and we believe in SAZ. All Hail the SAZ

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
hello guys.
do i need to start a new game to enjoy the MOD or i can just use my last save on the original game?
So sadly, because of the method used which allows the mod to have a non-intrusive install, original game saves are not compatible. You will need to start a new save for the mod.

Reactions: Knight2416

Ginji

Lightning Emperor
Donor
May 14, 2017
Sure. I have the permanent links on one site as it's easy to manage, but I'm happy to add temporary links when requested. These links are still active from a previous request. You can find them here.
you never cease to amaze me with your help to fellow members.just so you know that we see this and appreciate what you do both with the mod and your efforts to help.
THANK YOU:love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
Well since since it was S A Z that caused me to register and make my first post on F95 in this thread, thought I'd make my 1k post here as well as the 998 posts in the interim can be blamed on him. :p :LOL:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So, thanks for making the mod and the time and effort you've put into it for us to enjoy. Meanwhile, hope you will consider setting up a account at least so I/we can buy you one.

Cheers

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes