Mod Ren'Py The Tyrant: S A Z Mod [Update 0.9.4b Official][Mod][S A Z]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
I think saz already told there will no new content added.
i maybe an idiot but as i can tell in early jan new content came out right?
SAZ put out a hot fix for his mod.
Yes, I am still adding content to the mod by way of Hot Fixes. :) I put a note about this at the end of the last Hot Fix I released earlier this month.
Hot Fix v05 Note said:
I think for now I will continue to release Hot Fixes with new additions as I get them finished. I'm working on a couple more additions currently and then will pick another couple from the list. As you know progress is slow because of my available time, but I am enjoying the process of adding these things to the game as always, so I will keep on working at it. Thank you again for your patience and understanding. As always, let me know if you run into any issues. :D
Long term plans for the mod are still best found here, given the current abandoned status, subject of course to change should saddog return. :D

FFTW

Jun 7, 2017
So I am kinda confused. As someone who never played the original game, and assuming that it is truly abandoned like what seems to be the case, will an ending be made with this mod at some point or will the game forever be incomplete? as that matters a lot in deciding whether to play it or not. Thanks.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
why the fuck do i get a rollback screen everytime i try to playthe game with the mod =hotfix4?
i download the game then i download the mod which corrupts the game....wtf am i missing
I'm sorry you're having issues with the mod. :( Without posting your traceback error results, I can really only guess what is happening.

But sometimes users don't realize this is a non-intrusive mod, meaning you don't have to overwrite any files when installing the mod. You take the full SAZMOD folder and place it inside of the game folder within The Tyrant folder so it looks like this:
  • The Tyrant - Main Folder
    • game
      • SAZMOD
        • edited
        • music
        • scripts
If you happened to take the edited, music, and scripts folder out of the SAZMOD folder and tried to put those directly into the game folder, it won't work and you will get a rollback error screen every time. If that is the case, you will want to start with a fresh install of the main game and then place the full SAZMOD folder into the game folder this time.

Of course that might have nothing to do with the error you're getting. It's just something users have run into before because the installation is different than most of the mod installations out there, and it can be easy to miss if they don't read the installation instructions too closely.

If that doesn't help, you can post the error you are getting and I would be happy to try to help figure out what is going on as best I can.

sandman85

Oct 3, 2017
So i wnt to the orginial game. downloaded it. then i downloaded the mod+hotfix4 extracted it then placed into the game folder and i get this after the first screen
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'SAZMOD/edited/gui/main_menu.png'>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'SAZMOD/edited/gui/main_menu.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "C:\Users\matth\Downloads\TheTyrant-091-pc3\TheTyrant-0.9.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\matth\Downloads\TheTyrant-091-pc3\TheTyrant-0.9.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\matth\Downloads\TheTyrant-091-pc3\TheTyrant-0.9.1-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\matth\Downloads\TheTyrant-091-pc3\TheTyrant-0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\matth\Downloads\TheTyrant-091-pc3\TheTyrant-0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3191, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "C:\Users\matth\Downloads\TheTyrant-091-pc3\TheTyrant-0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2091, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 546, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 247, in renpy.display.render.render
File "C:\Users\matth\Downloads\TheTyrant-091-pc3\TheTyrant-0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 154, in renpy.display.render.render
File "C:\Users\matth\Downloads\TheTyrant-091-pc3\TheTyrant-0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
File "C:\Users\matth\Downloads\TheTyrant-091-pc3\TheTyrant-0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 675, in render
child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
File "C:\Users\matth\Downloads\TheTyrant-091-pc3\TheTyrant-0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 584, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "C:\Users\matth\Downloads\TheTyrant-091-pc3\TheTyrant-0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "C:\Users\matth\Downloads\TheTyrant-091-pc3\TheTyrant-0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 629, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "C:\Users\matth\Downloads\TheTyrant-091-pc3\TheTyrant-0.9.1-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
The Tyrant 0.9.1
Sun Jan 31 14:49:35 2021
```

• Thinking Face
Reactions: S A Z

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
So i wnt to the orginial game. downloaded it. then i downloaded the mod+hotfix4 extracted it then placed into the game folder and i get this after the first screen
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'SAZMOD/edited/gui/main_menu.png'>:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "C:\Users\matth\Downloads\TheTyrant-091-pc3\TheTyrant-0.9.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\matth\Downloads\TheTyrant-091-pc3\TheTyrant-0.9.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\matth\Downloads\TheTyrant-091-pc3\TheTyrant-0.9.1-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\matth\Downloads\TheTyrant-091-pc3\TheTyrant-0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\matth\Downloads\TheTyrant-091-pc3\TheTyrant-0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3191, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "C:\Users\matth\Downloads\TheTyrant-091-pc3\TheTyrant-0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2091, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 546, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "C:\Users\matth\Downloads\TheTyrant-091-pc3\TheTyrant-0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 675, in render
child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
File "C:\Users\matth\Downloads\TheTyrant-091-pc3\TheTyrant-0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 584, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "C:\Users\matth\Downloads\TheTyrant-091-pc3\TheTyrant-0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "C:\Users\matth\Downloads\TheTyrant-091-pc3\TheTyrant-0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 629, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "C:\Users\matth\Downloads\TheTyrant-091-pc3\TheTyrant-0.9.1-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
The Tyrant 0.9.1
Sun Jan 31 14:49:35 2021
```
Thank you for posting that. So when I've seen this error reported it's usually been because the SAZMOD files were in the wrong place. But from what you described to me, that doesn't seem to be the case.

I'm going to include a screenshot of the game folder just in case, but again, I don't think it's your issue because of what you said.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So I redownloaded the SAZMOD from the same link you are getting it from just to test it (I already have the originals of course, but I wanted to be extra sure the download wasn't corrupted) and I installed in on a fresh install on a couple test machines. It seems to be working on both of them just fine. So I don't believe it's an issue with the mod files itself. But I wanted to double check that first.

This leaves the other cases, where for some reason, it just didn't like the location where the game was installed(usually the default download location). There were a couple users that were running into this issue were everything was in place, but it just wouldn't load the mod for some reason, they fixed it by installing the game in a new location, like a Games folder or something like that. I have no idea why the issue was happening, as said, I can't recreate the issue on my test machines, but it just seems that certain machines have been picky on not having the main game in a default download location. I know that can be a pain and might not be worth it to you just to try a mod. I wish I could do more on my end, but where I can't recreate the issue, I just don't know why for sure it's happening on your machine. :(

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
I know that there have been problems with another game where the folder names or path are to long.. For TftUV (tales from the Unending Void) the name is so long that problems have been reported. I would recommend trying to make folder names SMALL and see if that helps.

Hope that helps.

P.S. Will we EVER have a Dev that has the COURAGE to add Chocolate Chip Cookies to a game??

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
I know that there have been problems with another game where the folder names or path are to long.. For TftUV (tales from the Unending Void) the name is so long that problems have been reported. I would recommend trying to make folder names SMALL and see if that helps.

Hope that helps.

P.S. Will we EVER have a Dev that has the COURAGE to add Chocolate Chip Cookies to a game??
That's good to know! Thank you for sharing. :)

I know I still owe you some cookies! They are on the list still, I promise!

Reactions: mostar65 and D Dog

sandman85

Oct 3, 2017
thanks I tried it a couple of different ways, re downloaded the game 3 times, placed it in the game folder, i will say that it has yourmod+hotfix4 or 5, i dont know it that it the issue

• Sad
Reactions: S A Z

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Well Shiva0067, here is a little something for you, as requested(way overdue).
For now, if anyone wants to use it as an in-game phone background, just go to the SAZMOD > edited > gui > phoneback folder and replace one of the backgroundXX.png images with this one. Just remember to change the name to match the one you decide to replace it with as well. I'll be including it in the next Hot Fix. :)

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
Well Shiva0067, here is a little something for you, as requested(way overdue).
For now, if anyone wants to use it as an in-game phone background, just go to the SAZMOD > edited > gui > phoneback folder and replace one of the backgroundXX.png images with this one. Just remember to change the name to match the one you decide to replace it with as well. I'll be including it in the next Hot Fix. :)
YAY!!! FINALY a dev with the COURAGE to include Chocolate Chip Cookies.. You are my HERO S A Z . Excuse me while I go do NAUGHTY things. :):censored:

Just a thought.

sandman85

Oct 3, 2017
I wanna know when you will be able to drug them asleep and rape them or have others rape them in their sleep

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
how do we install the spy cam?
Here are the instructions on using the spy camera. You can also find these In-game in the help menu on the phone. The mod's walkthrough and guide sheet is there when you press the red box labeled "What's in the box?

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes