Mod Ren'Py The Tyrant: S A Z Mod [Update 0.9.4b Official][Mod][S A Z]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

Demyon

Mar 14, 2020
there are many more ntr scenes than normal. maybe the programmer thinks his family like that?

fedecruzic

Dec 21, 2020
0.9.4 Mod Update - Development Progress Report:
  • Play through new content - Completed
  • Go through new code and assets - In Progress
  • Convert new code to mod format - Not Started
  • Convert new scenes to mod versions - Not Started
  • Create Twisted versions for Love/Corruption scenes - Not Started
  • Convert NTR scenes to full Darker Path versions - Not Started
  • Add in any new personally created or Fan-Art content - Not Started
  • Playtest Mod - Not Started
So I've had a bit more time to play through the different paths and try to find the errors the people have been describing on the main thread as well in the code. I'm pretty sure I have a good idea on what is causing them. So I should be able to fix those for the mod update. The missing Cassandra love training events error and the triple "r" in the 'citytripcassandracorrruption' variable call error.

In regards to gameplay, Saddog has reassigned a few older events, such as Cassandra's basement corruption events and made them her training and advanced training events. So I'll be adapting my scenes accordingly to fit the new game format. He's also changed it a bit so that it cuts off access to certain scenes sooner than it used to, such as the basement scenes with Nicole after a certain point. Which does make sense to the story to a degree, but it can cut you off if you happen to forget to unlock either the Love or Corruption side of things and are trying to unlock those scenes later after doing your run. If you've already outed her to the gang and confronted Bruce in their bedroom, then the main game cuts off access to those scenes. So I could leave it how I have it in the mod where those scenes are still accessible, or maybe add another variation to the dialogue for those scenes that account for the progress in the game to have them fit in more. I mean the end goal is to fit in more of that anyway, but it will delay the release a bit more as well. So I'm still mulling it over. As that could be added later. I'll let you know what I decide.

Then of course there is the new content. The City Trip additions, The Love variations for Nicole and Alexis. I don't know if Saddog is sort of counting Cassandra's second weekend event as her City Trip Love event or not. We'll have to see. With that everyone has City Trip NTR events as well. Then there is the new scene with Cassandra in her bedroom. There is also a new little intro to fun times with Nicole in her bedroom at 7pm that reuses the Love and Corruption sex events from before with her. And removing access to meeting with Martin again at 2pm at the front door. I'll be looking at adjusting that scene as well.

Anyway, I think I'm familiar enough now with the current update's gameplay and most of the code, so I'll be starting to covert the new code changes over to the mod format soon. I'll give you guys another update when I've started that process. I've just got another run through the code to go through to make sure I haven't missed anything big for now to do. I hope you're all doing well and I'll bug you again soon. :D
Did you add a gallery with all the scenes? I think a gallery is extremely necessary

Итачи

Jan 16, 2021
Вы добавили галерею со всеми сценами? I think a gallery is extremely necessary
I'm not sure about the gallery. If you need a gallery of scenes from the game, then you can download the JD mod. If you want to see the scenes added by the SAZ mod, then it is not difficult to open them at all, since their opening is spelled out in the passage in the game itself and you can review these scenes as much as your heart desires.

Firebane

Modder
Feb 3, 2017
If you read up a ways, SAZ was talking about why he can't help with Android save issues and about how he isn't knowledgable about working with the android stuff. So I'd say no, he's not going to be making an android port.

Reactions: Knight2416

redcaptain

Jul 29, 2020
Anybody got an error where the first time 2am Kitchen NTR scene is now the same with the repeatable? I kinda want to re-watch the scene where Nicole was somewhat forced. So I made a new save, unfortunately, the first scene is now the same with repeatable. Anybody knows how to fix this?

P.S. i tried going to %appdata% and deleted renpy saves, as well as the saves in the game folder. and still no fix.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Anybody got an error where the first time 2am Kitchen NTR scene is now the same with the repeatable? I kinda want to re-watch the scene where Nicole was somewhat forced. So I made a new save, unfortunately, the first scene is now the same with repeatable. Anybody knows how to fix this?

P.S. i tried going to %appdata% and deleted renpy saves, as well as the saves in the game folder. and still no fix.
Did you delete the persistant data as well? I think it might have been a stuck variable. But you can also change it manually with the instructions below.

The variable that scene is checking to switch over from the first scene to the repeatable version is the k2amntr variable being True or False. Open the console, which should be enabled with the SAZMod, with Shift + O then type "$ k2amntr = False" then hit Enter. Now the next time you view that scene, you should see the first version, not the repeatable one.

redcaptain

Jul 29, 2020
Did you delete the persistant data as well? I think it might have been a stuck variable. But you can also change it manually with the instructions below.

The variable that scene is checking to switch over from the first scene to the repeatable version is the k2amntr variable being True or False. Open the console, which should be enabled with the SAZMod, with Shift + O then type "$ k2amntr = False" then hit Enter. Now the next time you view that scene, you should see the first version, not the repeatable one.
yes, I also deleted the persistent file. Then I followed your instructions sir. I'm not quite sure if im doing it right tho. Image attached is what I did. 1615334071378.png

Reactions: S A Z

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
yes, I also deleted the persistent file. Then I followed your instructions sir. I'm not quite sure if im doing it right tho. Image attached is what I did. View attachment 1076362
I may be wrong (I probably am), but it looks like you put spaces before and after the =. This MIGHT be the issue. Try to remove those spaces if you added them. The console can be tricky, if you add spaces in some places things wont work. Of course if you miss a space that can also cause issues.

The most difficult console issue I've seen so far was with getting the correct number of underlines . In that case there was one part of the change that needed 1 underline(_), and a second part of the SAME entry that needed 2 (__). So MANY people did NOT notice the difference (I can neither confirm nor deny that I had this issue). :whistle:

Hope that helps.

redcaptain

Jul 29, 2020
I may be wrong (I probably am), but it looks like you put spaces before and after the =. This MIGHT be the issue. Try to remove those spaces if you added them. The console can be tricky, if you add spaces in some places things wont work. Of course if you miss a space that can also cause issues.

The most difficult console issue I've seen so far was with getting the correct number of underlines . In that case there was one part of the change that needed 1 underline(_), and a second part of the SAME entry that needed 2 (__). So MANY people did NOT notice the difference (I can neither confirm nor deny that I had this issue). :whistle:

Hope that helps.
I tried, still did not work. On the contrary, I actually have JDmod as well which I also removed. Basically I tried to delete and everything and reinstall the game with no saves at all and just added back the sazmod. But didn't seem to fix the bug.

• Thinking Face

Bakkis15

Donor
Jan 27, 2018

Hope that helps.
You may also try "Save editor online", just google it. There you can upload your save , search for the entry and change it from 1 to 0 and save it. Then place the changed file back in the saves folder.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
yes, I also deleted the persistent file. Then I followed your instructions sir. I'm not quite sure if im doing it right tho. Image attached is what I did. View attachment 1076362
I tried, still did not work. On the contrary, I actually have JDmod as well which I also removed. Basically I tried to delete and everything and reinstall the game with no saves at all and just added back the sazmod. But didn't seem to fix the bug.
Well dang! I was hoping that would fix your issue. I'm really sorry that it is still happening. :(

Your console entry looks just right from what I can see. I haven't actually ran into this issue before myself though. These variables should be changing back to their defaults whenever you start a new save. But I also don't usually have both mods installed, so I haven't tested their interaction before either. But that may have nothing to do with the problem. I just don't know for sure.

When you reinstalled, did you do it in a new location on your drive? I find that sometimes helps with odd issues like this. If you haven't, you might give that a shot. Also, if you'd like to share your save, I'd be willing to try it out on my end and see if the variable is showing as True or False on the this end as well.

One other thing to note, if you are comparing the scenes you are seeing with the JDMOD vs the scenes with the SAZMOD, those will be different as the JDMOD plays scenes from the original game and not the SAZMOD scenes. So that could be causing some confusion as well. Again, this might not be your issue either, but I thought I would mention it as it's come up before.

Reactions: redcaptain

redcaptain

Jul 29, 2020
You may also try "Save editor online", just google it. There you can upload your save , search for the entry and change it from 1 to 0 and save it. Then place the changed file back in the saves folder.
I did. changed the value of k2amntr from my backup save files 1 to 0 then placed it back to %appdata% saves. and still no fix. Then I recheck the same save file back to the save editor and this is what happened. 1615338978776.png

Anyways, If it were a new save file, shouldn't it supposed to be 0? I already tried making a new save file and using the mod, I reduced Nicole's relationship to -20 or below and also forced ntr Nicole. then skipped all the hours of the day until 2am and when I click on darker paths option, it was already a "not cryïng nicole".

redcaptain

Jul 29, 2020
Well dang! I was hoping that would fix your issue. I'm really sorry that it is still happening. :(

Your console entry looks just right from what I can see. I haven't actually ran into this issue before myself though. These variables should be changing back to their defaults whenever you start a new save. But I also don't usually have both mods installed, so I haven't tested their interaction before either. But that may have nothing to do with the problem. I just don't know for sure.

When you reinstalled, did you do it in a new location on your drive? I find that sometimes helps with odd issues like this. If you haven't, you might give that a shot. Also, if you'd like to share your save, I'd be willing to try it out on my end and see if the variable is showing as True or False on the this end as well.

One other thing to note, if you are comparing the scenes you are seeing with the JDMOD vs the scenes with the SAZMOD, those will be different as the JDMOD plays scenes from the original game and not the SAZMOD scenes. So that could be causing some confusion as well. Again, this might not be your issue either, but I thought I would mention it as it's come up before.
Yep. So I reinstalled again, and this time placed it on my SSD, tried to open it and still looks fine. then I installed it with sazmod only and opened it. So the saves are now the same with my old game. Tried to do a new save and *cheated on the first day with 0 relationship and forced NTR. still no fix. here's the save sir

View attachment 1-2-LT1.save pls try it. if it works fine with you I think there's something wrong with my game?
View attachment 1-2-LT1.save

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
One final suggestion from me. Check the place you put the game. For some reason if the path is to long, or you have a VERY large name there can be problems. This was discovered with the game 'Tales from the Unending Void'. If your game folder is placed in multiple other folders, then try to set it up with fewer. Something like 'games/tyrant' might work, where 'games/adult/ntr/SAZ/tyrant/mod' MIGHT cause a problem. I hope that I explained that so people can understand. I just USE computers, I have NO idea how the EVIL magic that makes them work actually makes them work. :)

Hope that helps.

redcaptain

Jul 29, 2020
Update: So I tried everything and found out how to get the first time dialogue with Nicole in tears. Turns out I just had to play a new save then ntr, then darker paths, so either sadist or revenge works. and the dialogue is right where Sam never said anything about "no dad again".

Thanks for all the help. Really appreciate y'all. My brain is now overloaded with IT stuff which I have no knowledge about. Kinda coincidence with my profile LOL

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Update: So I tried everything and found out how to get the first time dialogue with Nicole in tears. Turns out I just had to play a new save then ntr, then darker paths, so either sadist or revenge works. and the dialogue is right where Sam never said anything about "no dad again".

Thanks for all the help. Really appreciate y'all. My brain is now overloaded with IT stuff which I have no knowledge about. Kinda coincidence with my profile LOL
I'm glad to hear that! Sorry about the late response. I got busy with work again. And sorry again about the confusion, but I'm happy you got it all figured out! :D

shiion1

Mar 1, 2017
Good to know ya been working for 0.9.4 Saz, appreciate that! But I'm having a hard time finding 0.9.1 version of the game to test the mod out. I'm assuming that using 0.9.4 I'll get crashes non-stop. I saw a 2.5gb mega link but thats too much (mega blocks stuff after 1gb).

Anyone willing to share that version of the game via PM or something?

DernKala

May 23, 2018
Good to know ya been working for 0.9.4 Saz, appreciate that! But I'm having a hard time finding 0.9.1 version of the game to test the mod out. I'm assuming that using 0.9.4 I'll get crashes non-stop. I saw a 2.5gb mega link but thats too much (mega blocks stuff after 1gb).

Anyone willing to share that version of the game via PM or something?
Here's the link to the compressed version of v0.9.1 which is a much smaller download.

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes