Mod Ren'Py The Tyrant: S A Z Mod [Update 0.9.4b Official][Mod][S A Z]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes
Sep 7, 2019
And he asked update OF THE MOD, not ABOUT the mod...
My god... These white knight will really do anything to blindly defend their god.
Scary...
No He didn't actually specify at first:
So, no update for 1 year. Is this abandoned, on hold or what?
And this site policy considers mostly updates ABOUT project, and not updates to project when considering status like "Abandoned". Being snarky and calling people names works better, when you are not completely wrong...

But to (again) restate what has been said again and again in last few pages: yes, update takes longer than usual and progress is slow. So we just need to be patient and maybe play other games.

Lastly, just an observation, not necessary addressed to anyone in particular here. But when in some cases on this page obnoxious entitlement and judgemental attitude toward creators expressed by many may have some merit, in this case it's absolutely clear. We owe SAZ gratitude, and he actually does not owe us anything.

Last edited:

Ginji

Lightning Emperor
Donor
May 14, 2017
I am aware of that, but it doesn't change the fact that he couldn't put it on patreon, without the changes i wrote, even if he wanted to. ;)
the point was we offered to pay him for his efforts and he declined,many devs have patreon pages where their games could be subject to action-most use patches to get round it some dont.so technically you are wrong he would just be subject to action as an when they got around to it.i only post this as you seem to be trying to make a point with your posts which is pointless as he declined.;)

Reactions: Knight2416

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
the point was we offered to pay him for his efforts and he declined,many devs have patreon pages where their games could be subject to action-most use patches to get round it some dont.so technically you are wrong he would just be subject to action as an when they got around to it.i only post this as you seem to be trying to make a point with your posts which is pointless as he declined.;)
You seem to misunderstand how it works with patreon. It needs only one of a few people who report it, and since we live in a world of snowflakes it goes really fast, to make them look into it. Its cool that you want to be right, but technically and practically you aren't this time. ;)

Knight2416

Jul 16, 2017
And he asked update OF THE MOD, not ABOUT the mod...
My god... These white knight will really do anything to blindly defend their god.
Scary...
wrong thread you want blindly defending check out the main game thread where DEV goes dark for 3+ months on his patreon (some of us did support him once) and still people pay him lol.

Also most of us have been here from the start of the mod so it is not blindly defending. We know S A Z

1. Does what he says he will
  2. Never over promises or under delivers
  3. Replies to everyone's ideas or questions (even the same android question when the rest of us do facepalms lol)
  4. Delivers a well tested product (a number of us do free play testing) and patches bugs quick as lighting
  5. Modified this to a non inturstve style to you can easily remove mod.
  6. Worked with another MOD to add their bits (spot1000 for animated scenes)
  7. Will never and i mean ever ask for $$ for this $$ worthy project.

So you did get one bit right SAZ is the MOD god, SAZ for ruler of the world lol

archedio

Modder
Apr 18, 2019
wrong thread you want blindly defending check out the main game thread where DEV goes dark for 3+ months on his patreon (some of us did support him once) and still people pay him lol.

Also most of us have been here from the start of the mod so it is not blindly defending. We know S A Z

1. Does what he says he will
  2. Never over promises or under delivers
  3. Replies to everyone's ideas or questions (even the same android question when the rest of us do facepalms lol)
  4. Delivers a well tested product (a number of us do free play testing) and patches bugs quick as lighting
  5. Modified this to a non inturstve style to you can easily remove mod.
  6. Worked with another MOD to add their bits (spot1000 for animated scenes)
  7. Will never and i mean ever ask for $$ for this $$ worthy project.

So you did get one bit right SAZ is the MOD god, SAZ for ruler of the world lol
LOL you guys just prove my point further XD

Deleted member 609064

May 11, 2018
Knight2416's point is that it's not blindly defending. S A Z has earned his defenders with his production and integrity.

You make it sound like lemmings are following a trend or jumping on a bandwagon, when the truth is that what the mod Dev is doing is exceptional and very much appreciated.

Sep 7, 2019
Sure man, you proven your point. You wanted to cal people names, because they disagreed with you. They decided to accept your lebel and still disagree with you.:LOL: Hope you enjoying your magic power of name-calling.

Ginji

Lightning Emperor
Donor
May 14, 2017
You seem to misunderstand how it works with patreon. It needs only one of a few people who report it, and since we live in a world of snowflakes it goes really fast, to make them look into it. Its cool that you want to be right, but technically and practically you aren't this time. ;)
did you even read what you quoted.you now rehash what i said and tell me im wrong.in patreon as in life action comes before reaction.there would have to be a patreon account for them to act on.now can we please move on past this pointless discussion ;)

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
can the mod work with version 9.4 of the game?
Technically yes, when I tested the 0.9.1 version of the mod with the latest version version of the game it worked for me, you just of course didn't have access to the 0.9.4b content. But some users have said in their attempts to do the same thing it didn't work for them. As I wasn't able to duplicate those issues, I don't know why that was the case.

So I've include a link to download the 0.9.1 version of the base game, that Lady Aspen provided, on the OP for those users having issues while I'm still working on my mod update, as it's going to take me awhile.

ToxicLemming

Jul 5, 2017
Big question I have is what happens once the mod is finished? With the original dev abandoning the game there would be nothing else left to mod. Would you be willing to take over development of the game(assuming you could get permission)? Considering the quality of the mod I'd have to say It'd be in pretty good hands if you did.

Last edited:

NaughtyScales

Dec 28, 2017
Big question I have is what happens once the mod is finished? With the original dev abandoning the game there would be nothing else left to mod. Would you be willing to take over development of the game(assuming you could get permission)? Considering the quality of the mod I'd have to say It'd be in pretty good hands if you did.
He don't have time for mod updates, and you ask for development of not his own IP.

Kamilgar

Oct 26, 2018
He don't have time for mod updates, and you ask for development of not his own IP.
It does not hurt to ask, and before a project is abandoned i would rather like to see the dev give his approval to another person to finish his project and even if it would take longer, i would wait patiently, there are enough one man projects where devs take time to develop their projects, and they are not all stretching development to milk their patreons sometimes it is a "one man show" and they might be not full time devs, so better a finished "The Tyrant" game with the ideas from S.A.Z. mod then another project that gets abandoned. And if that would work i hope that S.A.Z. would go full dev on game and less on doing mods for other games, and even then, still better then a game without any hopes that it will be finished at all.

Reactions: NaughtyScales

Deleted member 609064

May 11, 2018
It does not hurt to ask, and before a project is abandoned i would rather like to see the dev give his approval to another person to finish his project and even if it would take longer, i would wait patiently, there are enough one man projects where devs take time to develop their projects, and they are not all stretching development to milk their patreons sometimes it is a "one man show" and they might be not full time devs, so better a finished "The Tyrant" game with the ideas from S.A.Z. mod then another project that gets abandoned. And if that would work i hope that S.A.Z. would go full dev on game and less on doing mods for other games, and even then, still better then a game without any hopes that it will be finished at all.
Everyone concerned about this should be contacting saddog, not S A Z.

It is not S A Z's game, and he can only respond to what the Dev does. The Dev needs to make the next move.

Ginji

Lightning Emperor
Donor
May 14, 2017
saddog doesnt really talk,here or on patron.his account here shows hes active today but he remains silent and has been for a long time now-still taking money though on patreon.

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes