Mod Ren'Py The Tyrant: S A Z Mod [Update 0.9.4b Official][Mod][S A Z]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Isn't there a way to make new updates compatible? :confused:
This was already addressed earlier in the thread, but I had to significantly change the coding to get it so the install was much easier and didn't require any files to be overwritten. As such old saves are not compatible.

However, from this point forward, saves from this mod should be compatible with future mod updates.

Glave27

Aug 26, 2017
Is Lady Aspen's work trying to deal with the inconsistencies with events with her AI? As much as I love the game and SAZMOD, things like Davide taking Alexis' anal virginity after you already did and mother being calm and tired and making like the gangsters are just annoying after catching her in the kitchen and basement scenes are just too jarring to enjoy the game properly.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Is Lady Aspen's work trying to deal with the inconsistencies with events with her AI? As much as I love the game and SAZMOD, things like Davide taking Alexis' anal virginity after you already did and mother being calm and tired and making like the gangsters are just annoying after catching her in the kitchen and basement scenes are just too jarring to enjoy the game properly.
I agree with you Glave27. The inconsistencies are already being addressed in bits and pieces as I go. I've gone over this in a lot of previous posts in the thread, but here is the gist of it.

The original game itself has those inconsistencies. When I first started creating this mod, it was just for personal use and I was just cleaning up the grammar a bit. Then I started making more scenes and ended up sharing it with a couple people. Eventually I started this thread for everyone that wanted to try it. This was earlier in the games development and the game was lacking in variation and content for all the paths. So my Twisted Paths (Love to Corruption and Corruption to Love Scenes) and the Darker Paths (NTR Branches) came into being. As first it was just about getting more content out. But now that the game has developed more, those inconsistencies are even more glaring.

As such, I have already been making a lot of changes through out the code to help with that. There are dialogue differences based off of love or corruption point values and reaction events I've already added to the game. Such as the custom scene where Nicole denies Bruce any sex after you outed her, which I had added 2 versions before Saddog did (You can still view that scene in this version too as choice option at that time).

But there is still a ton to do to bring everything in line with itself. I've also been working on a full rewrite of the dialogue because in many part of game I was still trying to keep the tone and feel of the original dialogue in place. But I've decided to leave that behind so the tone and feel of each character can feel more consistent throughout the mod.

But there are a few things to keep in mind, such as Davide being unaware that you already took Alexis' virginity, so that aspect might stay in there with only the MC's reaction changing, such as correcting him in is inner dialogue to Davide if he's watching from behind the chairs in the basement. Or the fact that Nicole is in so much denial already, she acts like two different people. So she still might act like everything is all fine when she's trying to live her everyday life, even though you and her both know full well what she acts like during early morning kitchen encounters with Davide. But the goal will be to have that aspect more apparent through the writing.

Size of the mod is also something I need to take into account. I have easily tripled the dialogue at this point and the line count has gone from around 26 thousand lines of code in the original version to over 70 thousand lines of code for the mod. And I have drastically reduced line count in many areas by creating functions and custom screens to reduce repeated lines with only slight variations. So again, its just going to take a while. :)

This a good post that goes into more detail dialogue and reaction changes I will be making overtime.

TL ; DR - I totally agree with you Glave27 and have been, and will continue to be, working on making the story as a whole more cohesive and reactionary to the scenes the player has viewed and the choices the player has made.

Last edited:

Glave27

Aug 26, 2017
Here's a question. How are you not on SadDog's team? With 80+ pages on your mod alone, I can't be the only one who refuses to play the base game without your mod. Instead of being reactionary, you should be more involved with all changes being done. He can be the driver of the story but you do such a good job cleaning up his vision.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Here's a question. How are you not on SadDog's team? With 80+ pages on your mod alone, I can't be the only one who refuses to play the base game without your mod. Instead of being reactionary, you should be more involved with all changes being done. He can be the driver of the story but you do such a good job cleaning up his vision.
That's nice of you to say, but as far as I know, there is no team. It's just Saddog. I think it would be far too presumptuous of me to even consider Saddog would want my help. Should the opportunity present itself I would certainly consider it. But I don't have a lot of communication with Saddog to big with. Besides a couple responses to a forum post and Patreon message. So I don't see that actually happening.

I don't know what it was specifically that drew me into this story so much... well besides Nicole's Character model because hot damn... but I just love the idea behind it. The extraordinary situation they are all in and the many opportunities for mischief. So I'll defintely keep playing around in this world, but I think I'm stuck with everyone else waiting between releases to see what the new iteration will bring. :D

Last edited:

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
It would probably be a good idea to wait for all the hotfixes to finish rolling out before converting to android. But I am sure SAZ doesn't care at all if you you do an android port for him.
I have a translation to do and it takes a lot of time if I want to do it right. I offered to help, but I won't do it on my own.
Because this also takes time, it is necessary to compress all the added images of the mod, add and modify the code. And in addition ALL must include even the animations annex spot1000 because it is not possible to add it then seen the coding of the apk. The asset where the game is located is not decompressed on internal or external storage.
But it's not a problem the hotfixes, with github it takes 5 minutes to update. (exemple 4 commits for update 0.8 hotfix --> my modification --> 0.9 --> my modification )
In the way that SAZ coded its mod 0.8.2, the easiest and fastest way is to decompile the apk of the original game and add the mod saz modified and recompile it all.
Just respect how things are named so "x-" at the beginning of each all files name.

Last edited:

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
U want me to do it? Just say yes or no ^^
The working base is made for the 0.8.2 it remains and more than applied on the mod and adapt it.
If anyone wants to port the mod over to android they are welcome to do so. I'll add a link to their post on the OP with credits to them for porting it. It would be much appreciate but is never expected of them. I know it takes work and time to convert things over and I respect that. :)

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
LOL my bad SAZ, I would swear that looks like cassandra
No problem. After you posted that I had to double check too. So it's understandable. Funny enough inside her message screen, I was accidentally using Cassandra's image for the little one above the messages. So I was able to fix that when you first told me about it. So it was for best anyway. :)

kailok3

Jan 31, 2018
If I have bought some outfits, should they be available when I clock the top drawer? I only see the tjhree default ones even tho I have some in the inventory.

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
If anyone wants to port the mod over to android they are welcome to do so. I'll add a link to their post on the OP with credits to them for porting it. It would be much appreciate but is never expected of them. I know it takes work and time to convert things over and I respect that. :)
If I hadn't started translating I would have done it with pleasure but as you say, it takes a lot of time to do it right, and the "generate translation files" function doesn't extract everything so you have to modify the code.

So I gave a lot of indication to do it, if people even without knowledge of python or others could get away with it if he can read the code a little bit (which is my case)

Agreed. I had forgotten they were supposed to even do that. Doh! So thank you for the reminder. I had to change up Saddog's code a bit to get it to work but should be good now. :)
Yeah I saw a little bit of changes, and yes its bug also on the original version of the game and I confirm that it works very well proof to support it ^^
Good job. (y)

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes