Mod Ren'Py The Tyrant: S A Z Mod [Update 0.9.4b Official][Mod][S A Z]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
I have never tried this game, but I figured I would give it a go at v0.9. Reading through this thread, it seems like it would be foolish to start without this mod, so I am curious as to how long I should expect to wait for the mod to be updated, or if the mod v.0.8.5 version would still work?
So I haven't had a chance to dig into the files yet, so I don't know how long this mod update will take yet. The coding Saddog had to do sounded intensive from his description, so it might take a while to get my mod in order this time around. We'll have to see.

I try to never give myself a hard deadline because every time I do, something comes up and I never make them. So rather than disappointing myself and anyone else waiting on it and a set deadline, I just operate under "It's done when it's done"

That being said, I'll post updates here periodically on my progress. The last two updates took a couple months for each one, because I've been swamped at work. I'm still pretty busy there and have limited time to work on the mod each day, but I'm going to try to get it out as soon as possible, as always. :)

As for the mod working with the new version, it might. Because the mod installation is non-intrusive, it doesn't overwrite or modify any original game files, so if Saddog hasn't changed any asset names, then the mod will work normally when installed in the new version, but no new content will be accessible as I haven't coded any of that into the mod yet. So you'll be playing on the v0.9 assets, but only be accessing v0.8.5 modded content.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Hey SAZ, i was wondering if you you could perhaps include something in your mod. I like the NTR route in this game but there is someting that's been bothering me. Would it be possible to make the female characters buy there own clothes instead of you buying it, like after they hit a certain corruption point they change outfits themselfs?. In the japanese corruption/NTR games i played i really like it when the MC gradually sees changes in his partner like becoming more slutty and an change in her appearance. In the Tyrant its a bit weird trying to play a guy who hates whats happening to the girls and then coming over to them buying them a slutty outfit to wear. So is it possibly to implement something like that, like having an option on your phone that you can turn on/off that makes the girls wear different outfits depending on there love/corruption points without you buying it for them?
I like this idea and it's definitely possible to do. I'm going to add to my possible future features list and mess around with it a bit. No guarantees, but if I can work out a system for this I like, then I may be adding this as an option in a future update. :)

JohnJG

Engaged Member
May 17, 2018
So I haven't had a chance to dig into the files yet, so I don't know how long this mod update will take yet. The coding Saddog had to do sounded intensive from his description, so it might take a while to get my mod in order this time around. We'll have to see.

I try to never give myself a hard deadline because every time I do, something comes up and I never make them. So rather than disappointing myself and anyone else waiting on it and a set deadline, I just operate under "It's done when it's done"

That being said, I'll post updates here periodically on my progress. The last two updates took a couple months for each one, because I've been swamped at work. I'm still pretty busy there and have limited time to work on the mod each day, but I'm going to try to get it out as soon as possible, as always. :)

As for the mod working with the new version, it might. Because the mod installation is non-intrusive, it doesn't overwrite or modify any original game files, so if Saddog hasn't changed any asset names, then the mod will work normally when installed in the new version, but no new content will be accessible as I haven't coded any of that into the mod yet. So you'll be playing on the v0.9 assets, but only be accessing v0.8.5 modded content.
Thank you for your swift response to the latest update S A Z

I look forward to the 0.9 Mod when it arrives. Cheers (y) :coffee:

teufel703

Feb 8, 2019
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'clothing/diningroom/12pm002nicnormal.jpg'>:
File "game/SAZMOD/scripts/home/dining_room.rpy", line 1752, in script
mom "Oh you're here [pov]. Come on eat with us."
IOError: Couldn't find file 'clothing/diningroom/12pm002nicnormal.jpg'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\11\3\TheTyrant-09-pc\TheTyrant-0.9-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 706, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\11\3\TheTyrant-09-pc\TheTyrant-0.9-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1336, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\11\3\TheTyrant-09-pc\TheTyrant-0.9-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1139, in __call__
self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
File "C:\11\3\TheTyrant-09-pc\TheTyrant-0.9-pc\renpy\character.py", line 842, in do_display
**display_args)
File "C:\11\3\TheTyrant-09-pc\TheTyrant-0.9-pc\renpy\character.py", line 591, in display_say
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "C:\11\3\TheTyrant-09-pc\TheTyrant-0.9-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\11\3\TheTyrant-09-pc\TheTyrant-0.9-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\11\3\TheTyrant-09-pc\TheTyrant-0.9-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3191, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "C:\11\3\TheTyrant-09-pc\TheTyrant-0.9-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2091, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 546, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 247, in renpy.display.render.render
File "C:\11\3\TheTyrant-09-pc\TheTyrant-0.9-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 154, in renpy.display.render.render
File "C:\11\3\TheTyrant-09-pc\TheTyrant-0.9-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
File "C:\11\3\TheTyrant-09-pc\TheTyrant-0.9-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 500, in render
return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
File "C:\11\3\TheTyrant-09-pc\TheTyrant-0.9-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
File "C:\11\3\TheTyrant-09-pc\TheTyrant-0.9-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 584, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "C:\11\3\TheTyrant-09-pc\TheTyrant-0.9-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "C:\11\3\TheTyrant-09-pc\TheTyrant-0.9-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 629, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "C:\11\3\TheTyrant-09-pc\TheTyrant-0.9-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

JohnJG

Engaged Member
May 17, 2018

Full traceback:
File "C:\11\3\TheTyrant-09-pc\TheTyrant-0.9-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 706, in execute
File "C:\11\3\TheTyrant-09-pc\TheTyrant-0.9-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1336, in say
File "C:\11\3\TheTyrant-09-pc\TheTyrant-0.9-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1139, in __call__
File "C:\11\3\TheTyrant-09-pc\TheTyrant-0.9-pc\renpy\character.py", line 842, in do_display
**display_args)
File "C:\11\3\TheTyrant-09-pc\TheTyrant-0.9-pc\renpy\character.py", line 591, in display_say
File "C:\11\3\TheTyrant-09-pc\TheTyrant-0.9-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
File "C:\11\3\TheTyrant-09-pc\TheTyrant-0.9-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\11\3\TheTyrant-09-pc\TheTyrant-0.9-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3191, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "C:\11\3\TheTyrant-09-pc\TheTyrant-0.9-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2091, in draw_screen
File "C:\11\3\TheTyrant-09-pc\TheTyrant-0.9-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 500, in render
File "C:\11\3\TheTyrant-09-pc\TheTyrant-0.9-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
File "C:\11\3\TheTyrant-09-pc\TheTyrant-0.9-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 584, in render
File "C:\11\3\TheTyrant-09-pc\TheTyrant-0.9-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "C:\11\3\TheTyrant-09-pc\TheTyrant-0.9-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 629, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "C:\11\3\TheTyrant-09-pc\TheTyrant-0.9-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
No real surprise an exception occurred.

You’re using the now outdated 0.85 Saz Mod on the latest 0.9 update. :coffee:

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight2416

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
0.9 Mod Progress Update:
I've downloaded the 0.9 game version and I've started my process for updating the mod. Here is the first progress update towards that goal. :p Wish me luck!
  • Play through new content (to get an idea of what Saddog was originally going for) - In Progress
  • Go through new code and assets - Not Started
  • Convert new code to mod format - Not Started
  • Convert new scenes to mod versions - Not Started
  • Create Twisted versions for Love/Corruption scenes - Not Started
  • Convert NTR scenes to full Darker Path versions - Not Started
  • Add in any new personally created content - Not Started
  • Playtest Mod - Not Started
  • Release - Not Yet

Synful62

Jun 21, 2018
No real surprise an exception occurred.

You’re using the now outdated 0.85 Saz Mod on the latest 0.9 update. :coffee:
ok,that answers my question before i posted,other than this error the mod seems to work well.Any other way to gift outfit's to the girls besides at lunch where this error happen's?

teufel703

Feb 8, 2019
I don't like the 0.9 Mod Progress Update because I can't load save files, like the 8.5 it should be, but it doesn't make sense

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017

Full traceback:
**display_args)
surf = image.load()
I don't like the 0.9 Mod Progress Update because I can't load save files, like the 8.5 it should be, but it doesn't make sense
So you are playing with the new version of the game and the 0.8.5 version of the mod. Saddog has modified some of the clothing pictures again with this update so you're going to run into errors like this. I just started working on the 0.9 update to the mod. So it's still going to be a while until it's done I'm afraid. If you want to play the mod right now, you'll need the 0.8.5 version of the game to play without errors.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
ok,that answers my question before i posted,other than this error the mod seems to work well.Any other way to gift outfit's to the girls besides at lunch where this error happen's?
There isn't really another place to give them their outfits, Saddog took out the other places to give them outfits and I never added in new places to give them their outfits in the mod. :( And it does look like Saddog changed some of the clothing tags again for update 0.9 so you may run into more errors while playing 0.9 with the 0.8.5 mod. Also you shouldn't be able to access any of the new content while playing the mod because there are not game routes programmed into 0.8.5 mod to access the 0.9 content, cause I can't program the future into the mod. :p

So I would still recommend playing the 0.8.5 mod on the 0.8.5 version of the game for the best experience until I finish the 0.9 mod update.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
bugger none of my saves work anymore on 0.9 with this mod
Saves for the Mod go here, they don't save in the same location as the normal game
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\TheTyrant-SAZMOD
Sorry, I missed the first post. Since you are using the updated version of the game (0.9) with the old version of the mod (0.8.5) you're likely to run into weird issue because the coding and assets have changed a bit in the update.

How the mod works is after the original game first loads it interjects it's own code before the original game starts. To do this I had to copy and rename all of the original game labels, the code that directs the game's actions and tells it where to go next. So saves would not be compatible between the original game and the mod. So to help keep them separate I moved their save location.

I see that you've found that location, so hopefully that helped with your issue, but as mentioned before, playing with a new version of the game and old version of the mod isn't ideal.

I would recommend playing with the 0.8.5 version of the game and the 0.8.5 version of the mod if you want play with the mod right now until the 0.9 version of the mod is complete for the best experience.

May 14, 2017
Sorry, I missed the first post. Since you are using the updated version of the game (0.9) with the old version of the mod (0.8.5) you're likely to run into weird issue because the coding and assets have changed a bit in the update.

How the mod works is after the original game first loads it interjects it's own code before the original game starts. To do this I had to copy and rename all of the original game labels, the code that directs the game's actions and tells it where to go next. So saves would not be compatible between the original game and the mod. So to help keep them separate I moved their save location.

I see that you've found that location, so hopefully that helped with your issue, but as mentioned before, playing with a new version of the game and old version of the mod isn't ideal.

I would recommend playing with the 0.8.5 version of the game and the 0.8.5 version of the mod if you want play with the mod right now until the 0.9 version of the mod is complete for the best experience.

yep 0.8.5 has some errors with 0.9, biggest one is dinner scene and that also prevents u giving clothes and gifts so best wait till the Mod is updated

over the edge

Sep 3, 2018
I thought i had this mod in.....I found the cheats and changed stats ,but the names it shows are not in the game,and if you shows stats for the right names ,they ALL say -20

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019

Thanks for the data.

Synful62

Jun 21, 2018
There isn't really another place to give them their outfits, Saddog took out the other places to give them outfits and I never added in new places to give them their outfits in the mod. :( And it does look like Saddog changed some of the clothing tags again for update 0.9 so you may run into more errors while playing 0.9 with the 0.8.5 mod. Also you shouldn't be able to access any of the new content while playing the mod because there are not game routes programmed into 0.8.5 mod to access the 0.9 content, cause I can't program the future into the mod. :p

So I would still recommend playing the 0.8.5 mod on the 0.8.5 version of the game for the best experience until I finish the 0.9 mod update.
Thanks for the fast reply,i'll try to get the 8.5 game until you get the mod updated.Still,a great addition to the original game!

CookieMonster

Donor
May 31, 2017
0.9 Mod Progress Update:
I've downloaded the 0.9 game version and I've started my process for updating the mod. Here is the first progress update towards that goal. :p Wish me luck!
  • Play through new content (to get an idea of what Saddog was originally going for) - In Progress
  • Release - Not Yet
If I may respectfully ask a question of S A Z, whose mod we all love and adore, when you go through the new code and assets phase, do you run UnRen and use a Diff tool? (Such as diff_match_patch, kdiff3, or Beyond Compare?)

This might be a fast way to get a good overview of parts 1-3, as what Saddog implements might be a bit difficult to unlock, whether via bugs or lack of compatibility with previous versions.

That said, you should definitely play through the new content manually. As the fappables are probably what will trigger that sinister muse, making the twisted love/corruption, ntr and darker path scenes that you write oh so much more delectable.

Knight2416

Jul 16, 2017
0.9 Mod Progress Update:
  • Release - Not Yet
You need me for testing flick me a message.

If I may respectfully ask a question of S A Z, whose mod we all love and adore, when you go through the new code and assets phase, do you run UnRen and use a Diff tool? (Such as diff_match_patch, kdiff3, or Beyond Compare?)

This might be a fast way to get a good overview of parts 1-3, as what Saddog implements might be a bit difficult to unlock, whether via bugs or lack of compatibility with previous versions.

That said, you should definitely play through the new content manually. As the fappables are probably what will trigger that sinister muse, making the twisted love/corruption, ntr and darker path scenes that you write oh so much more delectable.
S A Z has whole blocks of code rewritten as the dev's code was a little error happy, however that is a good idea for a start point.

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes