DD!

Aug 18, 2020
Could this be the most popular abandoned game on F95? Based on the size of the thread it might be. Based on it's popularity, I wonder why another Dev hasn't taken over the production of this game. It's not like lewd games have legitimate ip protection..?

TSSG59

Jun 7, 2021
Could this be the most popular abandoned game on F95? Based on the size of the thread it might be. Based on it's popularity, I wonder why another Dev hasn't taken over the production of this game. It's not like lewd games have legitimate ip protection..?
Maybe because it's impossible to get into the mind of the creator in order to be able to continue the story thread and make any sense of it.
The only real option would be to take the idea and create an entirely new game.
No easy task, especially considering the number of possible routes in the game.
Look at how people have changed the entire game, on the fan art thread, to fit their own preferences and perversions.

Mando Logica

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2020
Maybe because it's impossible to get into the mind of the creator in order to be able to continue the story thread and make any sense of it.
The only real option would be to take the idea and create an entirely new game.
No easy task, especially considering the number of possible routes in the game.
Look at how people have changed the entire game, on the fan art thread, to fit their own preferences and perversions.
I have been wondering, do Tyrant fans want the new game to be copy/paste and just add some new scenarios to end the story? Or would you accept some changes in the game to fit the new dev vision?

In other words, what must be kept like the original? And what could be changed?

TSSG59

Jun 7, 2021
I have been wondering, do Tyrant fans want the new game to be copy/paste and just add some new scenarios to end the story? Or would you accept some changes in the game to fit the new dev vision?

Purely for my own amusement, I have rewritten the game a dozen times but have deleted the lot because I lose sight of the plot.
I am no author but I enjoy playing around with different scenario's and that's the one thing the game provides.
I can only imagine how difficult it must be to write and create even a simple game never mind doing all the characters and renders, great respect to anyone who is able.
IMO, the original game failed on many levels, odd then that I still felt compelled to play all the routes.
Just my opinion again but the game is dead and buried in it's original form and should be left to whither on the vine.
PS. I have started yet another rewrite but I expect it will join the others in the shredder.

Reactions: S A Z

J267

Dec 29, 2021

At this point, if another developer were to come along, I'd suggest doing a prequel. I'd like to see how Bruce & Nicole started getting in with the gang, the story behind the pictures that are around the house and seeing them get made and the full story about what's gone down between Nicole & Miranda. Whilst the start of this game should be one possible ending, it also doesn't mean that it has to be the only one.

Mando Logica

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2020
At this point, if another developer were to come along, I'd suggest doing a prequel. I'd like to see how Bruce & Nicole started getting in with the gang, the story behind the pictures that are around the house and seeing them get made and the full story about what's gone down between Nicole & Miranda. Whilst the start of this game should be one possible ending, it also doesn't mean that it has to be the only one.
And what would be the role of the son in the prequel? Or would you suggest another MC in the prequel, which is maybe Nicole in that case?

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
can anyone tell me are special renders in game.....???
Most of them are not in the game. Some were released as teasers for future content, but the majority of those are just special renders given out as Patreon Reward images and are not currently in the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Liam the Handyman

disaster007

Jun 15, 2022
Most of them are not in the game. Some were released as teasers for future content, but the majority of those are just special renders given out at Patreon Reward images and are not currently in the game.
tnx for telling me bro i finished game three times trying to get those scenes

TSSG59

Jun 7, 2021
If possible, please send me a copy before the shredder has it ;)
In my latest reincarnation I'm just starting with a short background story for each character and their relationships to other characters.
I feel that's one element the original lacked, you have to know where someone is coming from before you can decide where they are going.
It's basically a story of revenge for past wrongs.
There is an even longer cast of characters than the original, which certainly complicates things, one reason I lose track of the story I'm writing.

Liam the Handyman

Jan 24, 2021

The Tyrant had a certain appeal in its corruption delivery and the "freedom" of choice/branching nature of what form of corruption for each LI as the story progresses.

IMO, The Tyrant is like one of those cult classics, ideally any "new" versions should try to keep to the original premise as much as possible while new changes are added revolving around that core. Thats one of the reasons why SAZ mod was so popular was that it enhanced, rather than try to remake the game.

Nevertheless, since the og dev never completed the game, it does allow for much more freedom in allowing a new dev to pick it up and add their own unique spin to things.

3.50 star(s) 120 Votes