2.30 star(s) 6 Votes

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
I'm guessing it's something of a "I have no idea how to make a good game, so I'll slap tits on my mid project and people will gobble it up" judging by the OP

Radicallity

Apr 8, 2020
Not sure if it's just my paranoia but the presence of system.security, system.transactions, system.net.http and several other system based app extensions located in the games data folder concerns me. Especially since I can't find those kind of files on any of the other unity games that are on my PC.

Painfoler

Nov 24, 2022
Downloaded, played 10min. No story, not any hint. Find a way of cave, die 10 times. Understand thaht game maked from character teh demo asset, then deleted. Guys and girls dont't waist yout time !

Pablo3scobar

Jul 24, 2019
What can u do in the game? Dont know where to go, only can masturbate.
Edit: I found a pass to go trough like a parcour, but everytime im dying because ragdolling.

Last edited:

Ilverin

Dec 16, 2017
Eh, alpha demo of a 3d game ? Best of luck to the dev, see you in 6 months to see if there's actual passion behind this or if it's just one of these dead on arrival 3d games

Reactions: Mgunh1

phenixxx

Oct 17, 2018
It's a game that needs a hard control of your character, but controls are not simples, the character don't walk to the visor and is not center placed. Can be intersting if the difficulty is lowered, and more content added.

STANDING WAVE STUDIO

Game Developer
Oct 12, 2022
Hi. Thank you all for kind words and support.

I'm sick of AAA developers pushing out the same boring game and hand holding the player throughout. Maps with chores marked on it so you don't have to think. I may be old but I miss having to find my way through the game and think for myself(thank god we have Baldurs gate 3 now). That's why I am making this game for last 4 years. It's not perfect(nothing is) and it's not finished. That being said it is no cash grab, I made like 500$ in a year since my Patreon launch and spent 3-4000$ on development so far so it is still just a one man's hobby. All others are either my friends and family or paid from my own pocket.

Nothing in this game is just store bought. Every asset has been extensively modified or created from scratch. I am a programmer and 3d sculptor/graphic artist.

Characters are place holders. Real version is not finished yet. They are wet for they appear in water and walk in the rain. The game has physical damage system based on real world physics. Every body part has realistic weight and it's speed on collision dictates the amount of damage. Also head has higher damage and kill chance then other parts. Chest also. That still needs tweaking and that's why you can charge your health by just sitting down. There is a lot of ground to cover and stuff to see. This demo is just the tutorial of the whole game and still work in progress. The point of this part is just to get to the lake house and figure out what is going on in the world along the way.

I was not aware of other games with the same name while starting work on this and the name will change(because of legal reasons and not because of homophobic comments)

The game development process was and still is slow for I'm as I said working on it almost alone. I need $ in order to form a team so cra*ing all over my efforts will not help get you a finish product anytime soon. As stated above I'm making this for myself and like minded people and have no intention to cater to everyone's wishes or capabilities, that's how we got today's AAA industry. Back in the day people were making games they want to play, now big studios are making games that the most people can handle including children and that is why only indie studios make good games today.

This project will be an ARPG. There will be choice dependent story and meaningful character interactions. There will be spirituality and experience based character progression. There will be more vehicles that will serve as inventory base for inventory space will be limited to what you can carry in your hands, pockets and bags. Clothes will serve a purpose other then just armor, shoes makes you slip harder...There will be scissors and shavers that can be used to change your characters hair and other tools for other things. Sex will not be a button prompt but you will have to talk to characters and convince them(like in real world). Relationships will need maintaining and there will be consequences for every action you take. There will be reactions on what you are wearing(or not), doing, saying...
All this is not just my wish, all the systems are already started and made to some extent just not enough to include in a public build yet.

The game is set in a destroyed world. There was a war that culminated decades of all kinds of oppression. The world was heavily damaged in the crescendo of the war. The energy matrix of the world was made unstable which results in rifts opening occasionally bringing stuff and people from other world in. There are survivors out there and descendants of survivors of the war. There will be NPC's you will be able to make using devices like the one you appeared in. The story of the world will go on even without you meddling in it but if you play right you can even decide the fate of the world.

Gameplay tips: Ground level and angle is very important. If the incline is too steep you will slip. That means that if you stand on the edge you will probably slip and fall. Jump before you reach the edge. If you hurt yourself sit down and wait until your health regenerates. Use F key to climb up or down to avoid slipping. Crouch walking minimizes chance to slip and fall also.

Hope that gives enough explanation for you.
As said this is my hobby and I will continue making it. More money faster development and more ingame content, less money slower development.
Making fun of me and my game... there is no bad publicity I guess. :cool:

lust_reborn

Jul 29, 2023
Hope that gives enough explanation for you.
As said this is my hobby and I will continue making it. More money faster development and more ingame content, less money slower development.
Making fun of me and my game... there is no bad publicity I guess. :cool:
Great to see a dev who truly cares about their project and also the game-play aspect of things.
Wish you the best throughout this journey :)

Protip: Use a spoiler for wall of text like that :coffee:

Stupidkiller

Jan 12, 2018
People keep using "deep" and "meaningful" as buzzwords but don't actually know how to define them in the first place...

STANDING WAVE STUDIO

Game Developer
Oct 12, 2022
Maybe they do, maybe they just don't want to write an technical essay on a forum post.

There will be other NPC's that you can interact with. We are writing an interaction system that will make every character have likes and dislikes and opinions. They won't show them directly unless provoked. You will have to make the character like you with your actions and words by first getting to know them. And that will evolve as you spend time together.

A bit like Dragon age:Origins or other deep and meaningful games you know, that's why I tought it was enough to write deep and meaningful interaction as oposed to accept quest, hand in the quest or pres X to f**k.

Our system is being developed using psychology and spirituality with a dash of machine learning. Forgive me if I don't just lay out all the details for all to see before I release the game.

Stupidkiller

Jan 12, 2018
Maybe they do, maybe they just don't want to write an technical essay on a forum post.

There will be other NPC's that you can interact with. We are writing an interaction system that will make every character have likes and dislikes and opinions. They won't show them directly unless provoked. You will have to make the character like you with your actions and words by first getting to know them. And that will evolve as you spend time together.

A bit like Dragon age:Origins or other deep and meaningful games you know, that's why I tought it was enough to write deep and meaningful interaction as oposed to accept quest, hand in the quest or pres X to f**k.

Our system is being developed using psychology and spirituality with a dash of machine learning. Forgive me if I don't just lay out all the details for all to see before I release the game.
You really want to compare yourself to Dragon Age: Origins level of dialogue and character writing? As a mostly one man dev team? Are you absolutely sure about that?

If you have the ego to think you'll do better then by all means, but honestly I'm just gonna tell you outright that you're delusional.
That last line about psychology, spirituality, and machine learning really isn't doing you any favour on the bullshit-meter. You talk big but until we actually see anything of value then those words aren't worth a damn.

Best of luck to you, I sure as heck won't stay around for it.

Reactions: Mgunh1 and SVelvet

STANDING WAVE STUDIO

Game Developer
Oct 12, 2022
That's why I avoid talking about that for everyone thinks like that. But no ambition no success. And I know me, I'm old enough and know my capabilities.
I gave a free demo so people see what I made so far and if they want to support me based on that cool if not cool again.

Anyway god speed Stupidkiller, I don't need you or any other hater. As I said I'm making this for myself and like minded people and no troll will change my mind.

RUNNER216

Oct 18, 2019
Did the dev try playing this even once before releasing? There's no where to go and I died inside a plant cause I was stuck in a getting up and falling loop. Even the "restart game" bugged and I fell through the world.

STANDING WAVE STUDIO

Game Developer
Oct 12, 2022
Yes I did try. Beta tested constantly. There is where to go. Exit the cave and go right if that must be said. Restart can bug out now and then and if it does restart again.

2.30 star(s) 6 Votes