• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Why is no one working on this game:cry:
that you need to ask from dev, last patreon post was in april asking about hairstyle and before that in december saying that update could come out before new year (didn't say what year).

• Haha
Reactions: Zee95

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017
1718124324494.png
Hey, guys, how are you doing?
Guys, I would love to finish my games. Let me try to explain my reasons for stopping work on the games.
I work in the construction industry, and I have two big projects that I've been building for three years now. This is my livelihood, with which I provide for my family, I put all my efforts into. Game development, at peak popularity brought me about 80 dollars a month. But it wasn't even about the money, I had fun working on the game, but now, unfortunately, I don't have that much time, but I will do my best to finish the story of my games.
I want to release a small update, not a sequel, but a beginning, with slight changes to the story, in this style. I don't know if you'll like it or not.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
View attachment 3726880
Guys, I would love to finish my games. Let me try to explain my reasons for stopping work on the games.
I work in the construction industry, and I have two big projects that I've been building for three years now. This is my livelihood, with which I provide for my family, I put all my efforts into. Game development, at peak popularity brought me about 80 dollars a month. But it wasn't even about the money, I had fun working on the game, but now, unfortunately, I don't have that much time, but I will do my best to finish the story of my games.
I want to release a small update, not a sequel, but a beginning, with slight changes to the story, in this style. I don't know if you'll like it or not.
glad you are well and not giving up regarding your hobbies/games.
but, please, whenever you find time to work on games do not use that ai shit...do stick to your old models, they are perfect the way they are made...dont be mindless tasteless bot...though that probably is a future of humanity/civilization unfortunately.
#resiste

Reactions: Ara-sH and Zee95

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
View attachment 3726880
Just 2 short words: NO, THANKS.

You started 2 games, and completed none of them. Moreover, your first game had 3 parallel storylines, and none of them saw the end of it.

Wanna do something? just move forward storyline B (the one where our MC is a novice cop), which was the only good storyline.

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017
Hey buddy, glad you're okay!
I don't use AI as my main tool, just as a supplement. To improve the visuals. I'll show you a couple of places where I've used it.
AI can greatly speed up render times, when you don't have to wait for hours for hair, grass, and many other multi-polygon objects to be rendered.
But sometimes to get the desired result, you can spend more time than it would take to render.
z27.jpg
01143-16385610.png
z26.jpg
01088-2725410873.png
I think such an improvement in visuals, will not spoil the perception of the novel.

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017
But as I said before, to achieve the desired result you need to spend a lot of time.

kschn68

Jul 18, 2019
I still have my doubts about AI. Have seen to many games failed using it, even also be told it was only used as supplement.
Maybe/probably it will become a support in the future, but for now imo it makes more troubles then it's helpful.

It's mostly always the same "phases" with games using AI:
- first everyone is amazed about the picture quality /details in it.
- second you find some minor little things not fitting here and there
- third is you see bigger issues. Mostly the faces are not consistent, changing to much from render to render.
- last there are the big mistakes like characters having body deformations (typical: six fingers) and so on.

Even in your pic the hand is looking already a bit weird with a kind of "rotated" small finger.

3.70 star(s) 44 Votes