HTML The Zeta Sector [v1.1.01] [Primal356]

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes

philyb

May 23, 2018
I followed this game a while ago to see how it goes, but I gave the last version a spin and there hasn't really been a great improvement.

- UI is still very basic and I have to zoom the browser out to make it readable. Pictures aren't placed in an interesting way either.

- Walls of text at the start about stuff we don't need to strictly know. Not a problem, but can this not be done in a different way?

- No effort with fonts, dialogue, seeing who is saying what. I don't even need dialogue boxes, I'm not even a big fan of them - but colors or something with the fonts would be useful.

- Absolutely no build up to anything. For example, if I surrender in the opening I'm in latex and submissive to a Mistress? Why would I care when I haven't got to know the character even a little? We're a smuggler and that's it. I like bad ends, but this wasn't a bad end.

- Tons of choices and options that seemingly go no where - again with no build up of characters. I'm instantly thrown into latex within 2 minutes of the start and given a collar. Does my character hate hate it? Love it? I don't know because I don't know my character other than she is a smuggler. It seems she was instantly submissive when surrending, but not so much when enslaved on the other route. All of this is within the first 2 minutes (!!!).

- Surely it would be better to be like other games where you establish the characters and world at the start rather than telling us everything in an exposition dump and throwing us into an encounter? Maybe walk around your ship, talk to your crew, look through the world, maps and at some point you're attacked rather than walls of text about yourself, relationships and situation.

I didn't get too far cause of the above points but the renders look decent. I've enjoyed linear games of this nature before, but this seems to want to mix both up with zero production value.

Sorry to be blunt about it but you seem to be enthusiastic.

Reactions: Primal356

Primal356

Game Developer
Jul 20, 2021
I followed this game a while ago to see how it goes, but I gave the last version a spin and there hasn't really been a great improvement.

- UI is still very basic and I have to zoom the browser out to make it readable. Pictures aren't placed in an interesting way either.

- Walls of text at the start about stuff we don't need to strictly know. Not a problem, but can this not be done in a different way?

- No effort with fonts, dialogue, seeing who is saying what. I don't even need dialogue boxes, I'm not even a big fan of them - but colors or something with the fonts would be useful.

- Absolutely no build up to anything. For example, if I surrender in the opening I'm in latex and submissive to a Mistress? Why would I care when I haven't got to know the character even a little? We're a smuggler and that's it. I like bad ends, but this wasn't a bad end.

- Tons of choices and options that seemingly go no where - again with no build up of characters. I'm instantly thrown into latex within 2 minutes of the start and given a collar. Does my character hate hate it? Love it? I don't know because I don't know my character other than she is a smuggler. It seems she was instantly submissive when surrending, but not so much when enslaved on the other route. All of this is within the first 2 minutes (!!!).

- Surely it would be better to be like other games where you establish the characters and world at the start rather than telling us everything in an exposition dump and throwing us into an encounter? Maybe walk around your ship, talk to your crew, look through the world, maps and at some point you're attacked rather than walls of text about yourself, relationships and situation.

I didn't get too far cause of the above points but the renders look decent. I've enjoyed linear games of this nature before, but this seems to want to mix both up with zero production value.

Sorry to be blunt about it but you seem to be enthusiastic.
Thank you for taking the time to give me feedback!

I thought the introduction would clear things up in the beginning. As I explained, The Zeta Sector is ruled by corporations who invented a material called ruanite that is absolutely inescapable. They also made slavery lawful and sell slaves themselves, so for me it makes sense that when Adelyn surrenders she finds herself as a slave waiting to be trained and sold. I also mentioned in the introduction that she is submissive, and since she is a 100% that she would become a slave, the fact that she is outright submissive seemed fine to me.

For the most part the production time went to make new images and to make a better story structure. The most common complaint was that a playthrough ends in 10 minutes based on most decisions, and that was fixed, aside from perhaps the instances where the mc is sold on the slave market. There were extensions to the story as well, including the ship area and the jafar area so you could walk around, the four missions that you could undertake, the zheng he surrender part, and the introduction to the alescia arc, but it is true that the introduction didn't get too much attention. Everything is just so well known to me in here, and I don't know what might be a shock to others :D

EDIT: A forgot about keyboard support because that was added as well. :D

Last edited:

Primal356

Game Developer
Jul 20, 2021
The fact that the mc gets the collar is the disturbing thing, or the problem is more with the surrendering part? I apologize to ask this separately, but I make these updates so people who don't know about the game would get to know, and you seem to be completely new to this world. The others seem to like the part when Elena collars Adelyn, but they are already through the introduction + played through the game several times.

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
The others seem to like the part when Elena collars Adelyn, but they are already through the introduction + played through the game several times.
It made sense when there was some build up, but this new intro really hurts the game imo. With the kiss it was a "whoa this isn't where I thought this was going, no thanks". As is, it brings into question whether she was ever actually friendly, she's just instant bitch mode.
It's honestly to the point where I have doubts if I even want to try future versions because it's honestly been getting less and less interesting with the changes made lately.

Primal356

Game Developer
Jul 20, 2021
It made sense when there was some build up, but this new intro really hurts the game imo. With the kiss it was a "whoa this isn't where I thought this was going, no thanks". As is, it brings into question whether she was ever actually friendly, she's just instant bitch mode.
It's honestly to the point where I have doubts if I even want to try future versions because it's honestly been getting less and less interesting with the changes made lately.
Thank you for your honesty! In your opinion what makes it less interesting? One of the main complaints I had that the game ends very quickly if you get enslaved. But this way you could continue it. At least that was one of the big changes. The other is the zheng he surrender and the collar thing.

Primal356

Game Developer
Jul 20, 2021
With the kiss it was a "whoa this isn't where I thought this was going, no thanks".
Why the no thanks? :D The game mainly features lesbian stuff. So it makes sense to have the female mc's female companion romancable.

ddaisy

Jun 5, 2019
I thought the introduction would clear things up in the beginning. As I explained, The Zeta Sector is ruled by corporations who invented a material called ruanite that is absolutely inescapable. They also made slavery lawful and sell slaves themselves, so for me it makes sense that when Adelyn surrenders she finds herself as a slave waiting to be trained and sold. I also mentioned in the introduction that she is submissive, and since she is a 100% that she would become a slave, the fact that she is outright submissive seemed fine to me.
Yes, you do explain in one line at beginning that our protag is more than a little bit messed up in the head. That's true but I think most players would prefer to start playing as someone more normal, someone who at worst may later get corrupted into considering spending the rest of their life as a bondage slave an attractive option. I honestly think the game would be better if you just deleted that line. Alternatively you can put that line at the very start of the game and bolden it to make sure your players will know they should expect "absolutely no build up to anything".

Many pages earlier someone compared your game to Lost in Laminate. I think your game is something entirely different besides the latex part but it's still worth it to take a look at that game's early part and realize what makes its subby slut protagonist different and more relatable than Adelyn. That girl has to discover she's a slut. She has indecent desires but also understands exploring those desires is risky and may end badly for her. Adelyn straights up starts the game as someone who's more than fine with getting turned into a braindead bimbo in case she doesn't make it as a smuggler.

In my opinion the collaring is an improvement compared to the previous version but the relationship still feels very one-dimensional after that point since the only thing we can do with Elena is visiting her and asking how can we be a better slave for her. Why would our character act like that?
The improvement comes from adding an event that happens without the protag's consent. This creates a situation where we might want to resist, submit reluctantly or even go along with it eagerly. This is good, this is exciting and it can keep being exciting. It will, however, stop being exciting if our future options will be limited to being an eager slut or simply not interacting with Elena and pretending that part of the game doesn't exist.
If you want to continue with the collar idea I think you should consider adding multiple scenes where Adelyn or Elena talk about the collar. We should be able to choose how Adelyn deals with getting collared in the first days. We should be able to see Elena's reaction to Adelyn's reaction. Npcs should notice and sometimes bring up the collar, which should allow Adelyn or Elena to respond. Obviously, those scenes don't need to happen immediately after the intro. They can be spread around the game, but they do need to happen at some point if you want to keep the relationship with Elena interesting.

The main storyline flows much better in its new linear form. There is a cycle of getting a new challenge, dealing with the aftermath and preparing for another challenge. This formula works fine. I think you could improve it by extending the preparation phase with more things to do on Jafar or somewhere else. I mean stuff like needing to complete a sidequest or buy some ship ugprade before getting another mission from the Caregiver. There should be things to do between missions, something that makes the Jafar area feel alive.

I did like the ponygirl bad endings, especially the one with the races because that one had a lot of interactivity.

I did not like Elena's punishments scenes. Way too much clicking for little to no story development.

Small bug: I tried to not skip the intro in my new playthrough and the Zheng He battle stats in the sidebar didn't go away after the battle, meaning I could still see them but could not see my personal stats like money or available action points.

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
Thank you for your honesty! In your opinion what makes it less interesting? One of the main complaints I had that the game ends very quickly if you get enslaved. But this way you could continue it. At least that was one of the big changes. The other is the zheng he surrender and the collar thing.
Elena has gone from being a friend who took a chance and got rewarded to that chick who pretended to be your fiend to take advantage of and betray you as soon as it became an option. You no longer have an ally ever. You only have someone who might care about their object, but you aren't a person to her so you can't ever trust her with your life again. That's a much more boring game, I just have to assume the worst of everyone now.

Why the no thanks? :D The game mainly features lesbian stuff. So it makes sense to have the female mc's female companion romancable.
I have never actually never told her no in past versions, but that was my choice after a friend took a chance. Now I'm looking for any excuse to leave her with this junked up pos and get the hell out.

Primal356

Game Developer
Jul 20, 2021
Yes, you do explain in one line at beginning that our protag is more than a little bit messed up in the head. That's true but I think most players would prefer to start playing as someone more normal, someone who at worst may later get corrupted into considering spending the rest of their life as a bondage slave an attractive option. I honestly think the game would be better if you just deleted that line. Alternatively you can put that line at the very start of the game and bolden it to make sure your players will know they should expect "absolutely no build up to anything".

Many pages earlier someone compared your game to Lost in Laminate. I think your game is something entirely different besides the latex part but it's still worth it to take a look at that game's early part and realize what makes its subby slut protagonist different and more relatable than Adelyn. That girl has to discover she's a slut. She has indecent desires but also understands exploring those desires is risky and may end badly for her. Adelyn straights up starts the game as someone who's more than fine with getting turned into a braindead bimbo in case she doesn't make it as a smuggler.
Thanks! I will make a corruption system in further updates, something like asking for a discount with sex, or just deciding to have some submissive fun with Aarla/Lauren/Jennifer, so she would get to the point of not bothering about being a bimbo gradually because she acted submissive so many times it's like second nature to her. This will also bode well with the Elena romance too.

In my opinion the collaring is an improvement compared to the previous version but the relationship still feels very one-dimensional after that point since the only thing we can do with Elena is visiting her and asking how can we be a better slave for her. Why would our character act like that?
The improvement comes from adding an event that happens without the protag's consent. This creates a situation where we might want to resist, submit reluctantly or even go along with it eagerly. This is good, this is exciting and it can keep being exciting. It will, however, stop being exciting if our future options will be limited to being an eager slut or simply not interacting with Elena and pretending that part of the game doesn't exist.
If you want to continue with the collar idea I think you should consider adding multiple scenes where Adelyn or Elena talk about the collar. We should be able to choose how Adelyn deals with getting collared in the first days. We should be able to see Elena's reaction to Adelyn's reaction. Npcs should notice and sometimes bring up the collar, which should allow Adelyn or Elena to respond. Obviously, those scenes don't need to happen immediately after the intro. They can be spread around the game, but they do need to happen at some point if you want to keep the relationship with Elena interesting.
There will definitely be more stages to their relation. It suffers a much because the corruption system is not there yet and Jafar itself is still lacking in content. But I thing things will crystallize more with future updates.

Small bug: I tried to not skip the intro in my new playthrough and the Zheng He battle stats in the sidebar didn't go away after the battle, meaning I could still see them but could not see my personal stats like money or available action points.
I will fix this bug in the next version! Thanks for spotting it!

Thank you again for taking the time to provide feedback! :)

Primal356

Game Developer
Jul 20, 2021
Elena has gone from being a friend who took a chance and got rewarded to that chick who pretended to be your fiend to take advantage of and betray you as soon as it became an option. You no longer have an ally ever. You only have someone who might care about their object, but you aren't a person to her so you can't ever trust her with your life again. That's a much more boring game, I just have to assume the worst of everyone now.
This is something I'm afraid a bit too because for people who play it a lot it is not a problem because there is at least some interaction between them. I guess it could be tied to the new corruption system I want so if Adelyn reaches like 10 corruption Elena gets a collar on her neck, because this way it happens way too suddenly :D And then the explanation could be like "Yeah but you suck cocks 10 times a day":D

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
This is something I'm afraid a bit too because for people who play it a lot it is not a problem because there is at least some interaction between them. I guess it could be tied to the new corruption system I want so if Adelyn reaches like 10 corruption Elena gets a collar on her neck, because this way it happens way too suddenly :D And then the explanation could be like "Yeah but you suck cocks 10 times a day":D
I think the problem I have is how none of this makes any sense anymore:
"Look Pet look free drinks" You think I'm going drinking with the person who put a shock collar on me sober? Drinks are forever off the table between us.
Do you want to go on a dangerous mission where the only person you can trust is the person who put a collar on you first thing? No I don't think I do.

I also don't feel like working alone to fix the ship while she does nothing, giving her guns because I don't care if she survives, visiting her, talking to her, or exploring Jafar with her. At least I can get her enslaved too pretty easily out of spite.

Edit to add: Sorry it does bother me but it's the last I'll bring it up. I won't argue if this is the direction you are going, but I wanted to be super clear that this change does bother at least one person a lot and I'm not seeing the benefit. I get that there were complaints that enslavement basically means game over, but I'm not seeing what this change to Elena does to resolve that other than character assassination for her. She was already the only enslavement where the game doesn't effectively end, now she's just a complete asshole while doing it and can't be trusted in the future as opposed to before.

Last edited:

Primal356

Game Developer
Jul 20, 2021
I'm happy to announce that The Zeta Sector 1.0.92 is out!

This is just a small update for those who didn't have the chance to play 1.0.91. The complete changelog is the following:
  • MODIFIED CAPTURE EVENT: Modified the Zheng He event chain so Adelyn would resist the mistress.
  • MODIFIED SLAVE PATH: Most people seem to like the new twist in Adelyn and Elena's relationship so I decided to leave it as it is. However I did push it back until either the end of the Neil mission or the end of the Hoch mission. (later on I will add a third entry point, but it is Sunday, and there is work tomorrow, so that's how far I could get).
  • BUGFIX: Fixed the bug where if you decide to escape from the zheng he the sidebar still reflects the spacebattle.
  • STYLE UPDATE: Updated the default background color to dark gray. However you can switch it back to black if you want.
  • STYLE UPDATE: Made the existing images appear more in the Zheng He event chain.
  • STYLE UPDATE: Added a new image where Adelyn confronts Elena about the collar (technically this was already in the game files but I forgot about the link).
Next Sunday I will add the jafar bondage roam around, a shortish slave path for Amanda, where Adelyn has to decide to escape or stay, but I will also try to expand on the Adelyn/Elena interaction (Adelyn trying to remove the collar, some changing dialog if she serves her many times etc).

Free release date: October 11 as part of version 1.1.0.

Last edited:

Primal356

Game Developer
Jul 20, 2021
I'm happy to announce that The Zeta Sector 1.0.93 is here! I started to add more interaction with Elena. But then I realized that I could implement a corruption system quite easily with what I have, so I decided to just go forward with it :D

The complete list of changes is the following:
  • NEW GAME MECHANIC: Added the corruption system into the game, which keeps track of lewd acts and implements changes to the character's behavior. For Elena, if she reaches 5 she will slap a collar on Adelyn's neck so she could keep her as her slave. For Adelyn, it changes her interaction with Elena during the enslavement. At first, she is resistant, later on she embraces it.
  • MODIFIED SLAVE PATH: Added a third entry point of Elena collaring Adelyn. This way after Elena reaches 5 corruption all Adelyn has to do is to walk inside her cabin, and she could already get her collar :D
  • NEW DIALOGUE: Added more dialogue options with Elena depending on Adelyn's submission. I also rewrote the part when Adelyn gets collared, so Elena's actions would be more understandable.
  • NEW DIALOGUE: Added new dialogue to the bar on Jafar at the beginning of the Alescia event chain so the bartender would react if Adelyn is a slave. This is the first time that the environment reacts to Adelyn being a slave. But needless to say, there will be more to follow :D
  • BUGFIX: Fixed the bug when if the player shoots the enemy on the right, the text says the enemy on the left.
  • BUGFIX: Fixed the bug that Elena says "Free drinks, pet!" on Jafar despite the fact that Adelyn is not collared yet.
  • BUGFIX: Fixed some of the instances when the number of an action disappears after it is no longer available (i.e. "Shoot the one on the right! (already dead!").
  • NEW IMAGE: Added a new image of Adelyn being collared when fully clothed.
  • NEW IMAGE: Added a new image of Adelyn confronting Elena when fully clothed.
The next update I aimed to bring on Sunday. However something came up for that day, and I really want to add both the Amanda enslavement and the bondage roam around on Jafar. So I will either get ready on Saturday and share it then, or it will be Monday or Tuesday depending on how much time I have after I got home from work.

I also started to fiddle with the idea that perhaps the locations, and thus the possibilities, should be opened up more. For instance once Elena collars Adelyn, she could say that she leaves the ship instead of serving her, and then you could really do that. You rent an apartment, work, buy a new ship, get new crew. And basically have a whole different playthrough when you only encounter Elena later on. And of course this would go with the enslavement options too, so you wouldn't just get a bad end, but get sold, escape, rent, work, buy a new ship, etc.

On one hand it could be boring to work and serve so much during a playthrough. On the other hand it could really help to bring more depth to the game as you could truly live in The Zeta Sector, with each playthrough being inherently different than the other as you encounter new folks and do new stuff in the gameworld. Now it would lengthen development time, that is sure. But it wouldn't lengthen it that much, as you really just need an apartment, a couple new activities and more depth to the characters that are already there. And it could really help to shape this game to something unique in my opinion.

Primal356

Game Developer
Jul 20, 2021
Alright, I will give you out the link :D

I will update the thread tomorrow with the online version + additional links. My internet is slow as shit for some reason.

Reactions: CTfx

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
Hey Primal, here I come claiming again :ROFLMAO:.

It would help me (and maybe others?) if you would include in the changelog of a new release a list of which older versions are compatible:
For example, "version 1.0.93 is compatible up to version 1.0.90, older versions are not compatible and need to start a new game to play " or something like that.

Primal356

Game Developer
Jul 20, 2021
Hey Primal, here I come claiming again :ROFLMAO:.

It would help me (and maybe others?) if you would include in the changelog of a new release a list of which older versions are compatible:
For example, "version 1.0.93 is compatible up to version 1.0.90, older versions are not compatible and need to start a new game to play " or something like that.
Good idea! Thanks!

youraccount69

Engaged Member
Donor
Dec 30, 2020
TheZetaSector-1.0.93
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes