Collection Video TheCount Collection [2024-07-16] [TheCount]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Fzoner95

Oct 13, 2017
I did my thing again, keeping just the best videos (imo) and reencoding them (AV1 or x265, 1080p) and interpolating (60FPS) and normalizing and renaming them all.
This results in 33 video files of just about 570 MiB.

Fzoner95

Oct 13, 2017
That makes the second batch of interpolations I'll need to sort through then. :LOL:
I always try to reduce the filesize while keeping a reasonable quality, I think others aim at maintaining the quality of the original, thus having much larger filesizes. So you have to decide what you are looking for. For me it's having a lot of videos without filling my hard drive. Also: Normalization. I don't think anyone besides me does that.

Asschen

Feb 2, 2023
I always try to reduce the filesize while keeping a reasonable quality, I think others aim at maintaining the quality of the original, thus having much larger filesizes. So you have to decide what you are looking for. For me it's having a lot of videos without filling my hard drive. Also: Normalization. I don't think anyone besides me does that.
Yes, I'm probably one of those quality people. I can tell the difference between your file and my own interpolation. It's mostly the blurry details.
What do you mean by normalization?
I downloaded a different interpolation package, and that does seem to be higher quality, probably the source material.

Last edited:

Asschen

Feb 2, 2023
. Basically that you don't have to change your volume between videos.
Ah yes, I'm a big fan. Few things are as off-putting as massive changes in sound between videos. Keep having to adjust the volume. :(

AyoKeito

Oct 10, 2019
Pssst. Hey guys, wanna see some MORE upscaled videos?
There you go:

Workflow (all intermediates in lossless):
Source > Real-ESRGAN to 8K > RIFE \ SVP to 75FPS > spline36 to 4K and 72FPS (H.265 veryslow CRF 18) \ spline36 to 1080P and 60FPS (H.264 placebo CRF 20).
There seems to be a few dropped frames at the beginning of each video. I don't feel like re-encoding again tho. :S
I guess i'll stop at this point. There's a lot of people upscaling his stuff already.

Asschen

Feb 2, 2023
Upscaling not so much, actually. It's mostly interpolation, as far as I can tell. In part, I think, because the hardware requirements are lower. So yes, your efforts, and those of, for example, RogerW are appreciated.

Reactions: Reyas

tobrutlover

Jul 24, 2017
Pssst. Hey guys, wanna see some MORE upscaled videos?
There you go:
Kaisa 4K 72FPS
Kaisa 1080P 60FPS

Workflow (all intermediates in lossless):
Source > Real-ESRGAN to 8K > RIFE \ SVP to 75FPS > spline36 to 4K and 72FPS (H.265 veryslow CRF 18) \ spline36 to 1080P and 60FPS (H.264 placebo CRF 20).
There seems to be a few dropped frames at the beginning of each video. I don't feel like re-encoding again tho. :S
I guess i'll stop at this point. There's a lot of people upscaling his stuff already.
mind if i ask what is spline36? is it an app or AI model? sometimes i do the upscale of some other animation that no one did with topaz since it's pretty easy to use and i'm not really good when it comes to AI model that i have to setup on my own.

Reyas

Oct 11, 2020
Oh dear. It seems there were major problems that will likely cause delays.

Apparently TheCount got Alex Jones'd (Several accounts instantly perma-banned with no explanation) but also something about a new project he might do after Kaisa Part II that he kept diverting his attention to which meant less work to go around. Something like that.... point being, shit's fucked. Expect delays. GG. Well at least he's not dead or retiring.

Reactions: Asschen

JohnDonut

Oct 27, 2021
Oh dear. It seems there were major problems that will likely cause delays.

Apparently TheCount got Alex Jones'd (Several accounts instantly perma-banned with no explanation) but also something about a new project he might do after Kaisa Part II that he kept diverting his attention to which meant less work to go around. Something like that.... point being, shit's fucked. Expect delays. GG. Well at least he's not dead or retiring.
Wouldn't surprise me if this eventually leads to them retiring.

Seen too many artists get hit with some issues with bans on top of taking on too much and demanding perfection with their works they end up burning out.

Hope this isn't the case, but always concerning when you hear news like this.

Reactions: Asschen and Reyas

Reyas

Oct 11, 2020
Seen too many artists get hit with some issues with bans on top of taking on too much and demanding perfection with their works they end up burning out.
Agreed, and it's total bullshit.

I get that some guys violate rules they agreed upon but other guys stay within proper terms yet they get screwed anyway. In TheCount's case, they won't even tell him what he was banned for. Just 'Fk U n00b go awey' after years of being a client. I'm not from the U.S. nor a legal expert but it 'feels' like it's grounds for a lawsuit.... or a proper ass kicking delivered to whichever soyed out jackhole pulled the trigger on this one. Either one would be satisfactory.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes