Things you're tired of seeing in a game?

Robwood

Aug 3, 2021
Being the last guy and having to repopulate the Earth from outer space. Really now, devs--think about that for a second.

Jul 28, 2020
Ok I have a new one. When you are presented with a single option that you must click in order to advance the game...example being Spy on your sister. There is no choice given it is simply a single box that you must click or the game wont continue. Then after clicking it you have to click three or four more to keep the story going. Why even put that box there to click if there is no choice. Why interrupt the story with an unnecessary box that serves no actual purpose. I get if there are options but come on...talk about a mood killer.

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
Being the last guy and having to repopulate the Earth from outer space. Really now, devs--think about that for a second.
Not sure why you specify "from outer space" as the implied level of technology makes this scenario a lot more feasible - considering you need highly sophisticated genetic engineering and a lot of automation! (or slave labour from the women I guess :confused:)

Robwood

Aug 3, 2021
Not sure why you specify "from outer space" as the implied level of technology makes this scenario a lot more feasible - considering you need highly sophisticated genetic engineering and a lot of automation! (or slave labour from the women I guess :confused:)
Your comment makes no sense and I'm not the one specifying it.

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
Your comment makes no sense and I'm not the one specifying it.
I think he was trying to say your example was highly specific. So-much-so that your example is one where it could be feasible, given the technology required to live in space for an indefinite amount of time.

Reactions: Sphere42

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
That sounds like something I want to see more of. In fact, I'm not aware of anything done well following this scheme.

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
Homosexual non-homo primates were immune to the virus. This meant the world was now ruled by gay monkeys. My father was captured by the gay monkeys and confined in a secret underground facility.
Now that sounds interesting for a gay game. A spin off with the dad being molested and fucked everyday on the facility by huge muscled gorillas until he manages to escape... or become a banana provider.

Jaike

Aug 24, 2020
So, a "banana provider" like a male version of this?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Zeruelll

Jul 17, 2018
I've got a couple that was already mentioned by other users like "Every female in the game has unrealistically huge boobs", but I'm really tired of seeing the "Barbie Doll Look" (Everyone is clean shaven) on most games. I don't mind it even though I do prefer having a bush, but if you've got a shit ton of characters on your game and all of them are clean shaven then that's just boring.

It also helps with variety since you can have some characters in your game with one and some without one. That is what I like about My Dorm, Variety.

Also, It makes some scenes in some games disappointing and one example is: A redhead saying "My hair is not the only thing that's red" when flriting and fast forward to the when the scene happens and you see there's nothing red there. You'll probably see something pink but that's it.

Reactions: ancienregimele

SoulsSurvivor

Oct 27, 2018
but I'm really tired of seeing the "Barbie Doll Look" (Everyone is clean shaven) on most games. I don't mind it even though I do prefer having a bush, but if you've got a shit ton of characters on your game and all of them are clean shaven then that's just boring.
I've seen this said a bunch of times and now I have to ask, why are people obsessed with hair? I can't wrap my head around it because I find body hair unattractive and often times disgusting, to the point I hated it on myself as well.

Zeruelll

Jul 17, 2018
I've seen this said a bunch of times and now I have to ask, why are people obsessed with hair? I can't wrap my head around it because I find body hair unattractive and often times disgusting, to the point I hated it on myself as well.
I can't say for the other people, but in my case, it's not an obsession but more like it's what I'm used to. It's probably because I'm Japanese and Japanese women don't really shave their pubic hair off. Some just let it grow, Some trim it during the summer so it doesn't show up when wearing a bikini, and nowadays some shave it off because they want to even though it's not the norm(will explain more of this later), but it's more common for women here to keep it unlike in the west.

There are a lot of reasons why ranging from "It is because historically (and I mean way back like medieval Japan), only prostitutes do that and that makes it improper for a regular woman to do it so having it is the norm" to "Pubic hair signifies adulthood and maturity since kids have none" and plenty more reasons. There are probably more reason which I don't know of since I'm a guy.

It may seem weird to other people specially in the west, but I'm from the east and not everything is the same. Just different Norms and Culture I guess.

Deleted member 3917737

Jul 12, 2021
Tired of seeing the same Character Models, same stores/locations being used, same MC models, same MC Outfits, same Models with different hairstyles, Your MC hardly ever changes (like it's a cartoon show where everyone wears the same thing every day) No option to change your outfit/hairstyle (some games give you the options)

I know, people will say "there aren't many options for the Devs to choose between when it comes to models" and etc. How long will it take for w/e to get updated so that we do get more options? Only a few games have models I have never seen before. We need more options for everything.

As for changing your hairstyle/outfit, that can be a choice thing. Kind of like when you have to choose an outfit for a LI. the MC should have an outfit/hairstyle option too :) At the start of the game (choose your hairstyle/outfit) and when a new day/chapter begins, you can change it up if you want. If I am playing as a Female Protagonist, I would love to change my hairstyle, outfit and even make-up ^^

Reactions: hollowreaper

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
For me, pubic hair is a sign of sexual maturity. When you remove it completely, you just take away some of that appeal. You don't have to have a jungle down there,where you have to hack away with a machete before going down on him/her, but leave something. Hell, just some stubble being left would help.

simarimas

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2018
Tired of seeing the same Character Models, same stores/locations being used, same MC models, same MC Outfits, same Models with different hairstyles, Your MC hardly ever changes (like it's a cartoon show where everyone wears the same thing every day) No option to change your outfit/hairstyle (some games give you the options)

I know, people will say "there aren't many options for the Devs to choose between when it comes to models" and etc. How long will it take for w/e to get updated so that we do get more options? Only a few games have models I have never seen before. We need more options for everything.

As for changing your hairstyle/outfit, that can be a choice thing. Kind of like when you have to choose an outfit for a LI. the MC should have an outfit/hairstyle option too :) At the start of the game (choose your hairstyle/outfit) and when a new day/chapter begins, you can change it up if you want. If I am playing as a Female Protagonist, I would love to change my hairstyle, outfit and even make-up ^^
While I agree with you about characters wearing the same thing every day, and it should be changed up (We try to do this), giving choices to the player for hairstyles and clothing can be a very difficult thing to accomplish, depending on how the game is made. If it is using sprites, it can be done with a bit less work, but if scenes are rendered (and I am talking DAZ here) complete with the characters, backdrop etc. all at once, then it would add a ton of work, and time, for each choice.

Say you had 3 hairstyles to choose from. That means 3 times the amount of renders for each scene. We average 1200 renders per update. Now we have 3600, just for the hair choice. Throw in a clothing choice on top of that, and it grows exponentially. Now a 4 month update become a 12 month update, or even a 3 year update, with clothes and hair. Not really practical. And I would think people, if given a choice, would rather have the update in a quicker time rather than a hair choice, but I could be wrong.

Again, I do agree about at least making the effort for changing up some things as far as looks and clothing, and other assets goes, when possible, but just understand, devs are limited by what is available.

bazel

Jul 10, 2022
Gonna add to the pile here.
View attachment 2102010

Games with no build up.
Games with little replay value or depth aside from a gallery.
Incest.
Incest.
Incest.
(I had to say it 3 times, once for each member of the family.)
I'm into games with like mother etc. though what I don't like similar to you is lack of build up. Just rush in like mommy helps you with handjob and immediately fall into it is a trope I really do not like to see or like MC suddenly gets some aura that makes women fall for him more easily pretty much, wanna see the sexual tension around it and the drama then the payoff.

Reactions: Ying Ko

SoulsSurvivor

Oct 27, 2018
For me, pubic hair is a sign of sexual maturity. When you remove it completely, you just take away some of that appeal. You don't have to have a jungle down there,where you have to hack away with a machete before going down on him/her, but leave something. Hell, just some stubble being left would help.
I don't understand this and it sounds ridiculous considering I've seen more sexually immature women go without shaving, but I'm not gonna fault you for having a preference. I just hope we don't go in the opposite direction of where we're at now because as stated I hated any form of body hair, I'd rather have a split or every game lets you choose.

Reactions: Jonboy80

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
I don't understand this and it sounds ridiculous considering I've seen more sexually immature women go without shaving, but I'm not gonna fault you for having a preference. I just hope we don't go in the opposite direction of where we're at now because as stated I hated any form of body hair, I'd rather have a split or every game lets you choose.
For sure. Everyone has kinks and preferences. Some like baseball bat sized dicks but I'm not a fan. Cleaned shaven doesn't have to be removed as it's not gonna kill me but I won't say no to pubic hair if a dev adds it.

Jun 25, 2018
The big two for me are 1) the nonsensical, by the books, grind of kiss-->grope-->oral-->pussy and the like. Adding hours to a game to do pointless grinding just gets boring, and change up the formula to stand out a little more from the pack. The second would be needing to lose for the sex scenes, especially if it is a platformer. They are two competing goals for an H-game.

bazel

Jul 10, 2022
The big two for me are 1) the nonsensical, by the books, grind of kiss-->grope-->oral-->pussy and the like. Adding hours to a game to do pointless grinding just gets boring, and change up the formula to stand out a little more from the pack. The second would be needing to lose for the sex scenes, especially if it is a platformer. They are two competing goals for an H-game.
Something I've been wanting to see in games where like you're interacting with people close e.g. at home is like continuing touching acts because its not just going to be purely escalating sex but like people getting intimate and also whilst you may trigger stuff but sometimes the female characters initiate scenes and not just like "oh honey do you need help with your penis".

Reactions: Ying Ko