Mod Ren'Py Thirsty for My Guest [S4 Ep. 28SE] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

DubDubDub

Aug 23, 2019
Sancho1969 is there a chance of fixing it? Apparently it is not working for SE. I've done some tests trying to make it work, but didn't have enough time.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sorry y'all, I don't get notifications about posts in here unless you @ me (like above from DubDubDub) or reply to one of my posts.

I'll check it out real quick but it worked for me before I uploaded (I always bug check) but something must have slipped. Need a bit of info: Compressed or uncompressed, patched or unpatched, and is the error at game load or after some point in gameplay? Regards.

Edit: I just tested with both full game DL compressed and ucompressed and I'm not getting any errors. Insure you install mod properly. Extract all contents into the "game" directory, not the root directory that contains the game's executable. This means the mod's "scripts.rpa" should be inside the "game" directory and the folder "SanchoMod" should be a subdirectory in the "game" directory.

If you used the "patch" file in the game thread OP then that could be the issue as the dev noted it does not contain v17.3 files (it's meant to patch v17.3 to v17.4, it will not patch earlier versions to v17.4).

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for *: 'NoneType' and 'float'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
Please edit your post, delete that traceback (it's not complete and takes up too much post space) and either copy the whole thing in the "spoiler" tag or attach the text file so I can see the whole thing. Another thing, are you running a "patched" version of TFMG or did you download the full v17.4 (either compressed or uncompressed doesn't matter)? I believe the issue is with the dev's patch file.

If you did use the Patch file to update your old game, download the complete v17.4 (either compressed or uncompressed, doesn't matter) and try again. Dollars to donuts it'll work. I've looked at the dev's patch and it's borked.

Last edited:

DubDubDub

Aug 23, 2019
Hi Sancho1969
- I've Extracted: TFMG-Episode-17.4-SE-pc-FULL.zip
- Extracted: TFMG - SanchoModv17.4.zip
- Copied: "SanchoMod" folder and "scripts.rpa" into the "game" folder. Overwriting the original scripts.rpa file

1st Try:
- Ran TFMG.exe
- Selected to import my Save and it crashed (renamed it: traceback-ImportSave.txt)

2nd Try:
- Deleted the traceback.txt
- Selected "New Game" and it crashed (renamed it: traceback-NewGame.txt)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi Sancho1969
- I've Extracted: TFMG-Episode-17.4-SE-pc-FULL.zip
- Extracted: TFMG - SanchoModv17.4.zip
- Copied: "SanchoMod" folder and "scripts.rpa" into the "game" folder. Overwriting the original scripts.rpa file

1st Try:
- Ran TFMG.exe
- Selected to import my Save and it crashed (renamed it: traceback-ImportSave.txt)

2nd Try:
- Deleted the traceback.txt
- Selected "New Game" and it crashed (renamed it: traceback-NewGame.txt)

Thank you, finally have something I can hopefully work with. I'll get on this immediately but it's odd, I don't have any errors with fresh installs of compressed or uncompressed virgins, run game, close, install downloaded mod (just in case the dl is bad), and running. Give me a bit and I'll report back. Regards.

BTW, will the game run fine for you without the mod? Sorry, have to ask to make sure we isolate the issue. The reason I ask is that the OEM "scripts.rpa" has the same operands [ *: ] that's noted in the traceback. Very odd. The key is here in the traceback:

TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for *: 'NoneType' and 'float'

Thanks again for your diligence.

DubDubDub

Aug 23, 2019
Thank you, finally have something I can hopefully work with. I'll get on this immediately but it's odd, I don't have any errors with fresh installs of compressed or uncompressed virgins, run game, close, install downloaded mod (just in case the dl is bad), and running. Give me a bit and I'll report back. Regards.

BTW, will the game run fine for you without the mod? Sorry, have to ask to make sure we isolate the issue. The reason I ask is that the OEM "scripts.rpa" has the same operands [ *: ] that's noted in the traceback. Very odd. Thanks again.
Sancho1969
Yes. It does work without the mod.
Once I copy the original "scripts.rpa" back to the folder, the games runs normally.
Feel free to reach out if you need any additional testing.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969
Yes. It does work without the mod.
Once I copy the original "scripts.rpa" back to the folder, the games runs normally.
Feel free to reach out if you need any additional testing.
I still can't replicate the error on my end. When does the error occur? Is it at game start or during a certain action?

Also, the traceback error appears to be an issue showing/hiding a game window from what seems to be font related:
...so need to ask you to look in the "SanchoMod" folder and see if the font file is actually in it. It should be the only file in the folder. Regards.

DubDubDub

Aug 23, 2019
I still can't replicate the error on my end. When does the error occur? Is it at game start or during a certain action?

Also, the traceback error appears to be an issue showing/hiding a game window from what seems to be font related:
...so need to ask you to look in the "SanchoMod" folder and see if the font file is actually in it. It should be the only file in the folder. Regards.
Sancho1969
1 - For the "New Game" it happens right after clicking "New Game"

2 - For importing a save file, it happens after I type the Name and Press Enter.

3 - I've also tried checking the gallery. It loads the image but crashes right afterwards. This time showing the Renpy screen, instead of closing the Game (I've attached the error as well)
1626874923846.png

As for the content inside the SanchoMod folder, as I sent in my previous post, you can see that the font file is there and it is the only file. I've tried opening it to check if it is not corrupted and it seems fine.

1626874506996.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969
1 - For the "New Game" it happens right after clicking "New Game"

2 - For importing a save file, it happens after I type the Name and Press Enter.

3 - I've also tried checking the gallery. It loads the image but crashes right afterwards. This time showing the Renpy screen, instead of closing the Game (I've attached the error as well)

As for the content inside the SanchoMod folder, as I sent in my previous post, you can see that the font file is there and it is the only file. I've tried opening it to check if it is not corrupted and it seems fine.
I'm fixing to shoot you a msg with a link for a test (since I still don't get the error on my end). In unmodded game, with the new link I will send you, extract all in "game" folder and test please. They will be uncompiled files w/ the mod. Keep eye on top-right corner for msg notification. Thanks.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Mod issue found, fixed, and tested. Please re-download and install from OP link. My apologies as it never dawned on me to also test rewrite on a virgin machine (no previous persistent file). I added a new script code line with three words and it's all good to go.

For those folks that didn't get a crash error then there's no need to reinstall as nothing new was added besides the persistent file variable fix. Regards.

(below are @s for those that had issues so they will be notified):
zoe_meat invman DarkTrojan Truckaddict Tyrfing rlduck didinfl Abraxxas puxi DubDubDub

Last edited:

DubDubDub

Aug 23, 2019
Sancho1969 could you check if the Bonus Scenes in the gallery (Back to Memory lane) are working? I've tried clicking them and none of them are triggered.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 could you check if the Bonus Scenes in the gallery (Back to Memory lane) are working? I've tried clicking them and none of them are triggered.
Thanks for the bug info. Mod updated. Please re-download and install. Tested and verified SE Bonus Scenes working. Enjoy.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 3 Votes