Mod Ren'Py Thirsty for My Guest [S4 Ep. 28SE] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

ComixFan

Apr 15, 2019
Bud, all my work has always been "on the house". TBH I make all these mods for my own use (and I have rather high standards). I simply furnish the ones I think folks might enjoy as well. Short answer: nope, I don't have a patreon, buy a coffee, subscribstar, or anything or the sort.

There are more than a few "modders" who keep stealing my code line-for-line who advertise such links for personal monetary gain though. Kinda pisses me off but that's another story. I'm different than the others, your thanks and likes are enough for me. I will continue to implement professional-quality mods for the foreseeable future with nothing else asked or advertised (see this link here for new features I plan to implement in most of my other existing mods as they get updated in the future to see some new tricks/features coming soon). Hell, I might even update this mod with the new features this weekend if I get the chance. Apologies for the longer answer but figured I'd be thorough (and I tend to ramble when drinking fine whiskey). Kindest regards.
Thanks Sancho. Maybe create a "buy me a Coffee" account so we can throw you a $1 or $2 for your hard work?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey, thank you for your mod! Just want to clear my doubt, Install 17.4SE first, then 17.6 Update, then your 17.5 Hybrid Mod right? Do I need to install 17.4SE Mod first or not, would 17.5 Hybrid mod overwrite it?
Sorry for the confusion (it's what happens when devs drop mini-updates).

• If you want v17.6 base game (with my v17.4SE features and v17.5 addon) and have not ever installed the game or are installing a fresh copy (recommended):
  1. Install base game. For v17.6 base update file you will need to install v17.4SE base first, then the v17.5 base update, then update the base game with the v17.6 update (I'm confident that the v17.6 base only updates v17.5 to v17.6). All of this should be described in the VN's OP. **** This first step is just installing the base VN, no mod yet.
  2. Download (if you haven't) and install mod v17.5 "Hybrid" as instructed in this threads OP.
  • If you already have v17.5 installed (with or w/o the mod) then simply install the base v17.6 update file, then the mod v17.5 "Hybrid" to that....or better yet make you a fresh copy in case you bork something and at least you have what's working untouched.
Bottom line: The mod v17.4SE is only for base v17.4SE. The mod v17.5 Hybrid is for base v17.5 (or v17.6 should work fine too). If you're curious, the "Hybrid" is really just a v17.5 mod w/ all the bonus features of 17.4SE (gallery extras and such).

Let me know if that's not clear. That should get ya going. Regards.

Last edited:
May 27, 2017
Sorry for the confusion (it's what happens when devs drop mini-updates).

• If you want v17.6 base game (with my v17.4SE features and v17.5 addon) and have not ever installed the game or are installing a fresh copy (recommended):
  1. Install base game. For v17.6 base update file you will need to install v17.4SE base first, then the v17.5 base update, then update the base game with the v17.6 update (I'm confident that the v17.6 base only updates v17.5 to v17.6). All of this should be described in the VN's OP. **** This first step is just installing the base VN, no mod yet.
  2. Download (if you haven't) and install mod v17.5 "Hybrid" as instructed in this threads OP.
  • If you already have v17.5 installed (with or w/o the mod) then simply install the base v17.6 update file, then the mod v17.5 "Hybrid" to that....or better yet make you a fresh copy in case you bork something and at least you have what's working untouched.
Bottom line: The mod v17.4SE is only for base v17.4SE. The mod v17.5 Hybrid is for base v17.5 (or v17.6 should work fine too). If you're curious, the "Hybrid" is really just a v17.5 mod w/ all the bonus features of 17.4SE (gallery extras and such).

Let me know if that's not clear. That should get ya going. Regards.
Thanks for the detailed explanation, so 17.5 Hybrid mod will work on 17.6? Will there not be any errors, will content not stop at 17.5, because your mod overwrites the scripts.rpa file? Usually, when mod files overwrite game files, you can't continue playing future updates without the mod, it throws up errors, or new content doesn't show.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks for the detailed explanation, so 17.5 Hybrid mod will work on 17.6? Will there not be any errors, will content not stop at 17.5, because your mod overwrites the scripts.rpa file? Usually, when mod files overwrite game files, you can't continue playing future updates without the mod, it throws up errors, or new content doesn't show.
I cannot accurately answer that yet as I have not tested (I'm smack-dab in the middle of the National Forest with very slow bandwidth currently). When my download completes I'll start updating. Until then all I can guarantee is that the mod works for up to v17.5

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
OK, working remotely I think I have everything setup to start verifying previous episode changes (just in case dev threw any bug fixes in) and start putting this together. This mod update will assume you have v17.4SE OEM and patched it correctly to v17.6 OEM. For those that just downloaded complete v17.6 (it's a non-SE version of course) then the mod's Bonus content will show unlocked but you will NOT have the images required for the scenes to play (which will likely throw you RenPy errors).

Now, time to pour my first Crown & Coke, crank up Octane to 11. The keyboard will be smokin' in no time. Will keep y'all posted. Regards.

ThaRealThiccShady

Mar 16, 2020
Sorted. Not sure what happened, same link works fine now after editing post 5 times. You should be good to go. Regards.
Saw in the game thread you said we have to download 17.5 update as well as the 17.6 but I noticed the 17.5 isn't here anymore-where can we get it now? Sorry to bother, killer work, man

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Saw in the game thread you said we have to download 17.5 update as well as the 17.6 but I noticed the 17.5 isn't here anymore-where can we get it now? Sorry to bother, killer work, man
v17.5 PC (from dev's Patreon page):

It is the original v17.5 Update Patch, it is NOT compressed. To work this MUST be installed over 17.4 .... it is NOT standalone.

Reactions: ThaRealThiccShady

iamdangerous

Jan 26, 2018
I keep getting this error when I click on Stats option

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod.rpy", line 539, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod.rpy", line 542, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod.rpy", line 543, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod.rpy", line 594, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod.rpy", line 597, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod.rpy", line 609, in execute
NameError: Name 'audreypreg' is not defined.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3007, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3418, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 566, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 432, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3418, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 443, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 631, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod.rpy", line 542, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod.rpy", line 543, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod.rpy", line 594, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod.rpy", line 597, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod.rpy", line 609, in execute
  File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1525, in __init__
    self.set_text(text, scope, substitute)
  File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1644, in set_text
    i, did_sub = renpy.substitutions.substitute(i, scope, substitute)
  File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 270, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value
  File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 228, in __getitem__
    raise NameError("Name '{}' is not defined.".format(key))
NameError: Name 'audreypreg' is not defined.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.2.1292
Thirsty for my Guest Episode-17.6
Mon Aug 23 22:39:13 2021

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I keep getting this error when I click on Stats option
I apologies for the delay, but I do NOT get notifications of new posts in any of my threads, you have to either @ me or reply to one of my posts.

Regarding the exception error, something's odd here. Did you happen to import from Season 1 or simply start a fresh playthrough in the (current) Season 2?

I have the variable in all of my saves (variable is set at "53"), but I have a hunch looking through the current code. Even starting a new game gives the variable but something must be missing from certain Season 1 imports that the dev didn't code to check for. If you could let me know how you started your current playthrough it will help me....I can declare the variable using a conditional statement in the code and republish.

Until then, you can either:
  • enable the dev console and type default audreypreg = 50 OR
  • copy the attached patch of this post inside of the "SanchoMod" directory (folder)

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969
PLS, can you attch files here, not MEGA, i can not load from MEGA (or upload on another space) :(
unable to download from MEGA as well
I'll see what I can do. The size limitation won't allow me to attach here. You can go through a VPN if needed until I can source another site that won't blacklist the mods constantly and won't invade the crap out of privacy.

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
I apologies for the delay, but I do NOT get notifications of new posts in any of my threads, you have to either @ me or reply to one of my posts.

Regarding the exception error, something's odd here. Did you happen to import from Season 1 or simply start a fresh playthrough in the (current) Season 2?

I have the variable in all of my saves (variable is set at "53"), but I have a hunch looking through the current code. Even starting a new game gives the variable but something must be missing from certain Season 1 imports that the dev didn't code to check for. If you could let me know how you started your current playthrough it will help me....I can declare the variable using a conditional statement in the code and republish.

Until then, you can either:
  • enable the dev console and type default audreypreg = 50 OR
  • copy the attached patch of this post inside of the "SanchoMod" directory (folder)
I got the same error with a fresh playthrough in Season 2 (without importing a Season 1 save).

And at least for me the text size setting doesn't work properly. When I move the slider the number above doesn't change but remains at the default of 22 and also the text size doesn't change. Only when i quit the game and restart it, the text size has changed.

I want to make a crunched hybrid version of the game with your mod (when the bugs are fixed). Would you be ok with that? Ofc I would mention you and your mod.

Edit: I'm pretty sure that your mods aren't too big to be attached to the op, just try it.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I got the same error with a fresh playthrough in Season 2 (without importing a Season 1 save).
I couldn't replicate on a clean system new playthrough but regardless, did you try the above patch?
And at least for me the text size setting doesn't work properly. When I move the slider the number above doesn't change but remains at the default of 22 and also the text size doesn't change. Only when i quit the game and restart it, the text size has changed.
I'll check it out. I didn't change that code and it worked flawless up to v17.5 Hybrid. Dev must've changed something I didn't notice. Thanks for letting me know.
I want to make a crunched hybrid version of the game with your mod (when the bugs are fixed). Would you be ok with that? Ofc I would mention you and your mod.
Confused me, not sure why you'd do it that way. Why not just crunch the base game v17.4SE, 17.5patch, 17.6patch combo for folks and let them decide whether to install mods or not as with any other compressed title? At least we know the next drop will be v18 and we can all be done with these shenanigans of the mini-updates of who the MC is going to call to close out v17.
Edit: I'm pretty sure that your mods aren't too big to be attached to the op, just try it.
I'll check again but was rejected last time (a few versions back). My personal preference has always been for offsite.

Regards.

Reactions: "CJ"

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
I couldn't replicate on a clean system new playthrough but regardless, did you try the above patch?
Not yet, just wanted to let you know that the other guy isn't the only one who got this error. Maybe it depends on the answers and the values you have to give at the beginning. I didn't play season 1, so I randomly chose the answers and values.

Confused me, not sure why you'd do it that way. Why not just crunch the base game v17.4SE, 17.5patch, 17.6patch combo for folks and let them decide whether to install mods or not as with any other compressed title? At least we know the next drop will be v18 and we can all be done with these shenanigans of the mini-updates of who the MC is going to call to close out v17.
Well, why not giving folks the possibility to get a ready to use crunched hybrid version? But if you don't want me to use your mod I will respect your decision. In principle, I would only need the part of your mod with which I can merge 17.4SE, 17.5patch and 17.6patch to the hybrid version. The other functions are secondary to me.

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes