Mod Ren'Py Thirsty for My Guest [S4 Ep. 28SE] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Not yet, just wanted to let you know that the other guy isn't the only one who got this error. Maybe it depends on the answers and the values you have to give at the beginning. I didn't play season 1, so I randomly chose the answers and values.
I appreciate that. Something odd is there for sure but I can write a conditional and if it doesn't exist for someone I can write in the default like it used to be.
Well, why not giving folks the possibility to get a ready to use crunched hybrid version? But if you don't want me to use your mod I will respect your decision. In principle, I would only need the part of your mod with which I can merge 17.4SE, 17.5patch and 17.6patch to the hybrid version. The other functions are secondary to me.
Don't get me wrong, I hold no issue was just not understanding as you crunchers normally smash base versions. It's all good though but to let you know, the combination has to be done BEFORE the mod is added. In other words someone has to take v17.4SE, apply the v17.5 patch, and then the 17.6 patch to get a base 17.6 running version. The mod then takes that base scripting and adds back the v17.4SE bonus material in scripts (minus the images). Without the mod, the base game is technically the hybrid but the Gallery scripts get overwritten with the patches, hence why they don't work.

Technicals out of the way, I can patch the "bugs" noted but please give me a bit as I'm knee-deep in Python script writing new material. Once I get a clean result I can reload the mod and investigate the core issues so they can be fixed. That dialogue size has me perplexed (I need to revisit the code again) since I write the slider to a persistent value so it should be immediately reflected. Heck, the same code is working on 3 other titles I have open right now...but I swear monkeyposter changes shit intentionally just to fuck with me :). I'll keep you posted bud as I hustle to find a stopping point while enjoying some adult refreshments (whiskey in the jar-o). Regards.

• Red Heart
Reactions: "CJ"

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I keep getting this error when I click on Stats option
I got the same error with a fresh playthrough in Season 2 (without importing a Season 1 save).

And at least for me the text size setting doesn't work properly. When I move the slider the number above doesn't change but remains at the default of 22 and also the text size doesn't change. Only when i quit the game and restart it, the text size has changed.
Both bugs should now be squashed. Please redownload mod, install as normal overwriting when requested. Regards.

• Love
Reactions: "CJ"

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Is there a way for you to have the bonus scenes on Season 1 SE unlocked Sancho1969?
Season 1 is a whole different title, bud. Think of them as two separate games as they do not share any assets, neither scripts nor images. Who knows, one day I might actually get bored after I catch up on writing code and I'll mod Season 1....but please don't hold your breath or you'll certainly turn blue :)

As that is said, I think my archived Season 1 complete is a non-SE version....as is listed on the VN's OP. I can check it later to see if it has the SE assets but I'm almost certain that it doesn't. If it does the best I can do is write an unlocker for that title separately. Again, please don't hold your breath.

AeriaAxel1

Nov 30, 2017
Season 1 is a whole different title, bud. Think of them as two separate games as they do not share any assets, neither scripts nor images. Who knows, one day I might actually get bored after I catch up on writing code and I'll mod Season 1....but please don't hold your breath or you'll certainly turn blue :)

As that is said, I think my archived Season 1 complete is a non-SE version....as is listed on the VN's OP. I can check it later to see if it has the SE assets but I'm almost certain that it doesn't. If it does the best I can do is write an unlocker for that title separately. Again, please don't hold your breath.

Too late... Held my breath since 8am this morning...

• Haha
Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Any chance that you will work on the Season 2 SE version?
ep17.4SE was the latest Season 2 SE version released....and I have that in OP. All this "Hybrid" nonsense is so folks can retain the previous SE version with the latest updates. Usually I'll wait for only SE versions to come out but got bombarded with requests so I stopped other projects to fulfill them. If I am misunderstanding your question then please clarify. We are currently in Season 2, and the last SE version was 17.4 which is available for DL in the OP (first of the two spoiler boxes under "Download"). Regards.

botab

Aug 24, 2020
Good evening, please tell me which mod do I need to download this version of the game

Thirsty_for_My_Guest-SEASON-02
Or i need to wait while you update it for this version of the game

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good evening, please tell me which mod do I need to download this version of the game

Thirsty_for_My_Guest-SEASON-02
Or i need to wait while you update it for this version of the game
If you downloaded v17.6 from the VN's OP, then use this mod version v17.6 and follow instructions. If you downloaded this morning's update (presumed v18) then please give me time to download and update....it literally just dropped 4hrs ago. Regards.

botab

Aug 24, 2020
If you downloaded v17.6 from the VN's OP, then use this mod version v17.6 and follow instructions. If you downloaded this morning's update (presumed v18) then please give me time to download and update....it literally just dropped 4hrs ago. Regards.
no problem, I just wanted to clarify so I'll wait calmly When the Mod is updated

Urusaisenpai

Walkthough-mod Creators are a godsent <3
Donor
Apr 30, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Followed the Hybrid guide and almost sure i did it 100% correct but i get this error everytime with the mod.
Without it, it works.

1631817071491.png

Last edited:
Reactions: B31stone

Urusaisenpai

Donor
Apr 30, 2017
The mod file you DL'd to install afterwards was named " TFMGv17.6 - SanchoMod .rar ", correct?
1631818709191.png
I'm usually able to do all this without any problems since I read the instructions but this time I don't know what's happening

Reactions: B31stone

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
View attachment 1407653
I'm usually able to do all this without any problems since I read the instructions but this time I don't know what's happening
Do me a favor, please, to further assist. The traceback you posted isn't recognizing a required persistent file variable but I have had those variables checked and added if needed since v17.4's solo release back in July.

Please choose one of two ways to resolve:
  1. (Easy-quick method) If you know how to enable dev mode, do it and via shift-O copy at the main menu of game then copy/paste the following into the console and press enter: default persistent.pref_choicetext_size = gui.text_size To test if it took then copy/paste persistent.pref_choicetext_size into the dev console and it should return a number. If it says it's undefined then your persistent file is protected from being written to and we have a whole other issue.
  2. (Will take time to troubleshoot) Shoot me a message (top-right corner envelope) and attach the SanchoMod's .rpyc file? I'll make sure you didn't somehow get a borked copy of the script and can test it on a virgin machine here.
Regards.

Last edited:
Reactions: Urusaisenpai

Urusaisenpai

Donor
Apr 30, 2017
Do me a favor, please, to further assist. The traceback you posted isn't recognizing a required persistent file variable but I have had those variables checked and added if needed since v17.4's solo release back in July.

Please choose one of two ways to resolve:
  1. (Easy-quick method) If you know how to enable dev mode, do it and via shift-O copy at the main menu of game then copy/paste the following into the console and press enter: default persistent.pref_choicetext_size = gui.text_size To test if it took then copy/paste persistent.pref_choicetext_size into the dev console and it should return a number. If it says it's undefined then your persistent file is protected from being written to and we have a whole other issue.
  2. (Will take time to troubleshoot) Shoot me a message (top-right corner envelope) and attach the SanchoMod's .rpyc file? I'll make sure you didn't somehow get a borked copy of the script and can test it on a virgin machine here.
Regards.
1631820519555.png
Gives me number 22. Not sure what it means, but the game still crashes after i press start or load a game.

About the .rpyc file Sancho, not sure which one you mean. Do you mean the Script file?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Urusaisenpai I think I see the problem. Instead of Choice(1) above, copy/paste the following into the console:
default persistent.dialogueTextSize = gui.text_size

This will get you done. I apologize for the confusion...trying to diagnose remotely has its issues.

Urusaisenpai

Donor
Apr 30, 2017
Ohh. Sancho1969 I really think there is something wrong with the mod. JUST tried clicking on settings and got this error
1631820837957.png

Urusaisenpai

Donor
Apr 30, 2017
Idk what happend but instead of starting a new game. I just imported a save and started from there and somehow it works now.
idk i seriously dont know sometimes.

Thanks for the help Sancho1969

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes