4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It was just a test to see if it would work with the RenPy SDK
I am running Linux.
Why are you talking about Season 3 and 23.5?
I am trying to run Season 2 Episode 18SE with your S2SE MOD as clearly indicated in both my previous posts
Apologies regarding the S3 question, I'm working currently and answering many folks different questions regarding many different VNs. Considering this VN just updated to a half-episode, at first glance I didn't see your S2 specific.

Regardless, it may be the linux your on. I have a good bud who uses either Ubuntu or Arch (I can't remember which but leaning toward Arch since he's a bit of a power user) and he doesn't have issue but I recall some folks on other distros having issues with SanchoMod quite some time ago but I'm not remember which title so I can search for it and it's solution. I'm still checking my archived notes for it.

Reactions: rayyy69

osmcuser132

Modder
Aug 8, 2017
Apologies regarding the S3 question, I'm working currently and answering many folks different questions regarding many different VNs. Considering this VN just updated to a half-episode, at first glance I didn't see your S2 specific.

Regardless, it may be the linux your on. I have a good bud who uses either Ubuntu or Arch (I can't remember which but leaning toward Arch since he's a bit of a power user) and he doesn't have issue but I recall some folks on other distros having issues with SanchoMod quite some time ago but I'm not remember which title so I can search for it and it's solution. I'm still checking my archived notes for it.
OK, thanks. I'm on Mint which is like 80% Ubuntu because they have the best support out of the box for Cinnamon, my favorite window manager.

edit: I also tested 23SE with your MOD and that launches to the main menu without issue.

Last edited:

Flojo23

Feb 27, 2020
i have the same problem with the crushed version with S2 mod on fedora ~./TFMG.sh and just stop working but no log

Last edited:

Kyoto97

Aug 15, 2020
Sancho1969
So S3 mod isn't working on mobile ( I use JoiPlay btw ), i thought it will work because I see on the bottom right "sanchomodmobileeinstalled". I tried install the mod, and it just freezing when to import/load my previous saves S2.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Since Fan Made Walkthrough was only made S1 - S2, I guess it was a dead end to me haha. Well thanks for the great mod btw.

Reactions: doujin1

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
----------------------------------------
SanchoMod Core v7a (Pending)
In preparation of the pending 24SE drop I've ported the remainder of the mod's Core v7a (the latest code to date) over. I had already prepped this particular mod a bit but had been fighting the old RenPy v7.4.2 which the VN is coded on. I've defeated most of the bugs/issues from this two year old RenPy build today. It was a ton of work and more hours than I care to admit but it's done nonetheless.

At a minimum you'll get the following in Core v7 for TFMG S3 in addition to the vast feature set already in place:
  • New feature - Updated to Core v7a
  • New feature - QM HoverMode. Additional QuickMenu customization found in SanchoOptions and can also be toggled with the appropriate HotKey "q". Described in detail below.
  • Updated feature - Rename alt-character. Functional across the board meaning the character name is reflected in: all other character's dialogue referencing her, her stats, her cheat buttons, absolutely all of it.
  • Updated feature - Updated SanchoCheats according to latest Core.
  • Updated feature - Improved the ChoiceGuide to be more uniform and informative.
  • Updated feature - Added all the latest HotKeys. Alt+ArrowKeys for dialogue text size/opacity, Lower-case "g" for ChoiceGuide, Lower-case "m" for MiniStat, Lower-case "q" for QuickMenu, Lower-case "s" for medium SanchoStat, Lower-case "o" for SanchoOptions, Lower-case "c" for SanchoCheats. These work exactly as if you had clicked them in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions, they just give you another way to do something faster or more conveniently. (Yes, I took the "s" key. Use shift+"s" or alt+"s" for screenshots). List of all HotKeys can be found below.
-----------------------
QM Hovermode
-----------------------
How the new QM HoverMode works in detail:

One of the new features (I know, it's minor but it's been requested more than a few times) is a QM hover mode. This one is coded pretty slick, since the QM is toggled in one of three ways: via the MiniMenu, SanchoOptions, or HotKey "q". Each one effects the QM differently so it was a bit tricky to code intuitively and correctly.
  • Via the MiniMenu only toggles the QM On/Off regardless of any current setting (regardless of On/Off/Hover).
  • Via SanchoOptions and you get everything in one place to tweak the QM.
  • Via HotKey "q" cycles through the QM stages (On/Off/Hover).
  • All three above populate an associated SanchoNotifications (the upper-left notification flag) to let you know what mode QM is in.
I made it so if the player has the HoverMode enabled that the QM is shown with SanchoOptions screen open so you can actually see the QuickMenu while adjusting parameters. Once the player is done adjusting it, if the HoverMode is still active then when SanchoOptions is closed the QM goes back into its HoverMode state (hidden until the player mouses over a specified target area). HoverMode is automatically reset to Off if the QM is disabled (so it remains intuitive to use). It's setting is saved on a per save file basis (as with most SanchoOptions I do my best not to never fuck with your persistent file). The default when starting the VN or within either Gallery is QM ON mode (non-hover mode).

-----------------------
Sancho's HotKeys
-----------------------
Added all the latest HotKeys.
Alt+ArrowKeys for dialogue text size/opacity,
  • Alt+ArrowKeys (up/down adjust dia text size, left/right adjust diabox opacity, same as within SanchoOptions)
  • Lower-case "g" (toggles the ChoiceGuide On/Off)
  • Lower-case "m" (toggles the MiniStat On/Off)
  • Lower-case "s" (toggles the in-game SanchoStats window, not the MiniStat but the larger in-game stat screen)
  • Lower-case "q" (toggles the QuickMenu On/Off, retains the customized size/color you set in SanchoOptions)
  • Lower-case "o" (toggles SanchoOptions)
  • Lower-case "c" (toggles SanchoCheats)
  • Lower-case "x" (clears stuck notifications)
These work exactly as if you had clicked them in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions, they just give you another way to do something faster or more conveniently. (Yes, I took the "s" key. Use shift+"s" or alt+"s" for screenshots)

doujin1

Nov 18, 2017
SanchoMod Core v7a (Pending)
In preparation of the pending 24SE drop I've ported the remainder of the mod's Core v7a (the latest code to date) over. I had already prepped this particular mod a bit but had been fighting the old RenPy v7.4.2 which the VN is coded on. I've defeated most of the bugs/issues from this two year old RenPy build today. It was a ton of work and more hours than I care to admit but it's done nonetheless.

At a minimum you'll get the following in Core v7 for TFMG S3 in addition to the vast feature set already in place:
  • New feature - Updated to Core v7a
  • New feature - QM HoverMode. Additional QuickMenu customization found in SanchoOptions and can also be toggled with the appropriate HotKey "q". Described in detail below.
  • Updated feature - Rename alt-character. Functional across the board meaning the character name is reflected in: all other character's dialogue referencing her, her stats, her cheat buttons, absolutely all of it.
  • Updated feature - Updated SanchoCheats according to latest Core.
  • Updated feature - Improved the ChoiceGuide to be more uniform and informative.
  • Updated feature - Added all the latest HotKeys. Alt+ArrowKeys for dialogue text size/opacity, Lower-case "g" for ChoiceGuide, Lower-case "m" for MiniStat, Lower-case "q" for QuickMenu, Lower-case "s" for medium SanchoStat, Lower-case "o" for SanchoOptions, Lower-case "c" for SanchoCheats. These work exactly as if you had clicked them in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions, they just give you another way to do something faster or more conveniently. (Yes, I took the "s" key. Use shift+"s" or alt+"s" for screenshots). List of all HotKeys can be found below.
-----------------------
QM Hovermode
-----------------------
How the new QM HoverMode works in detail:

One of the new features (I know, it's minor but it's been requested more than a few times) is a QM hover mode. This one is coded pretty slick, since the QM is toggled in one of three ways: via the MiniMenu, SanchoOptions, or HotKey "q". Each one effects the QM differently so it was a bit tricky to code intuitively and correctly.
  • Via the MiniMenu only toggles the QM On/Off regardless of any current setting (regardless of On/Off/Hover).
  • Via SanchoOptions and you get everything in one place to tweak the QM.
  • Via HotKey "q" cycles through the QM stages (On/Off/Hover).
  • All three above populate an associated SanchoNotifications (the upper-left notification flag) to let you know what mode QM is in.
I made it so if the player has the HoverMode enabled that the QM is shown with SanchoOptions screen open so you can actually see the QuickMenu while adjusting parameters. Once the player is done adjusting it, if the HoverMode is still active then when SanchoOptions is closed the QM goes back into its HoverMode state (hidden until the player mouses over a specified target area). HoverMode is automatically reset to Off if the QM is disabled (so it remains intuitive to use). It's setting is saved on a per save file basis (as with most SanchoOptions I do my best not to never fuck with your persistent file). The default when starting the VN or within either Gallery is QM ON mode (non-hover mode).

-----------------------
Sancho's HotKeys
-----------------------
Added all the latest HotKeys.
Alt+ArrowKeys for dialogue text size/opacity,
  • Alt+ArrowKeys (up/down adjust dia text size, left/right adjust diabox opacity, same as within SanchoOptions)
  • Lower-case "g" (toggles the ChoiceGuide On/Off)
  • Lower-case "m" (toggles the MiniStat On/Off)
  • Lower-case "s" (toggles the in-game SanchoStats window, not the MiniStat but the larger in-game stat screen)
  • Lower-case "q" (toggles the QuickMenu On/Off, retains the customized size/color you set in SanchoOptions)
  • Lower-case "o" (toggles SanchoOptions)
  • Lower-case "c" (toggles SanchoCheats)
  • Lower-case "x" (clears stuck notifications)
These work exactly as if you had clicked them in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions, they just give you another way to do something faster or more conveniently. (Yes, I took the "s" key. Use shift+"s" or alt+"s" for screenshots)
Still not support mobile for new version?

doujin1

Nov 18, 2017
It's not the SE version, just the standard.
the meaning is sanchomod is currently not compatible with mobile (android / joiplay), so i just curious that is it maybe included mobile compatible in his new mod feature.

Exempt.

Dec 2, 2019
is there a way in your S2 mod to adjust variables (lust points)? Also noticed Lauren's name on the relationship minibar is Jenna as well... I got every point I saw for her yet only got to 57 so I couldn't get her day16 full scene. is there a console command I can do to add a point to lust?

*figured out the variable names so was able to add points via console. saw it in one of your spoiler tagged sections for import variables... thanks.

Last edited:

BiggusDikkus

Jan 5, 2018
Hey Sancho; shout out to a fellow Texan. Nice work you do. I have a problem with TFMG season two. I can play TFMG unmodded but if I install your mod the game exits before it is fully loaded. I finished the game w/o the mod but wanted to see what I may have missed.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey Sancho; shout out to a fellow Texan. Nice work you do. I have a problem with TFMG season two. I can play TFMG unmodded but if I install your mod the game exits before it is fully loaded. I finished the game w/o the mod but wanted to see what I may have missed.
That S2 mod is on older Core and likely not compatible with the Linux your on, I recall an issue with it if memory serves. You shouldn't have that issue in S3 if using Ubuntu, Arch, etc.

Reactions: BiggusDikkus

BiggusDikkus

Jan 5, 2018
That S2 mod is on older Core and likely not compatible with the Linux your on, I recall an issue with it if memory serves. You shouldn't have that issue in S3 if using Ubuntu, Arch, etc.
I use Mint (Ubuntu). I should switch to Windows for S2. Thanks a heap.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 Love your work, and patiently looking forward to your Episode 24 update!
Regards, but you're actually waiting for the VN of SE to drop... SanchoMod had been updated to the latest Core and pre-ported with E24. We just need E24SE to drop and finish it off for public distribution.

Reactions: Punto
4.00 star(s) 3 Votes