Mod Ren'Py Thirsty for My Guest [S4 Ep. 28SE] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
What does this mean exactly? sorry if it's a stupid question.
I mean that it's simply a "fan" mod forcing the VN to be something it's not... an incest game. If that's what someone wants then by all means proceed. I mod several iVNs but I personally don't think this one benefits from it nor goes along with the story the dev is telling. If I did then I'd make a patch myself to work with the mod tbh. It's all personal opinion at the end of the day but otherwise "forced" meaning manipulated in context of dialogue.

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
I mean that it's simply a "fan" mod forcing the VN to be something it's not... an incest game. If that's what someone wants then by all means proceed. I mod several iVNs but I personally don't think this one benefits from it nor goes along with the story the dev is telling. If I did then I'd make a patch myself to work with the mod tbh. It's all personal opinion at the end of the day but otherwise "forced" meaning manipulated in context of dialogue.
ok thank you for your very quick response and clarification much appreciated.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
A quick FYI

In case it's not understood: remember, I am simply supplying mods I write that I personally use for myself. I'm not judging anyone's wants, quirks, or tastes. I simply code what I want to use and that's basically the final product if I share it publicly. What you get in a SanchoMod is there because I either wanted it personally to be there or someone provided a case point that made sense to be to implemented (I am persuadable to adaptation to an extent that it makes sense).

I thought I should yet again clarify this before someone inevitably takes my posts out of intended context. Regards.

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
A quick FYI

In case it's not understood: remember, I am simply supplying mods I write that I personally use for myself. I'm not judging anyone's wants, quirks, or tastes. I simply code what I want to use and that's basically the final product if I share it publicly. What you get in a SanchoMod is there because I either wanted it personally to be there or someone provided a case point that made sense to be to implemented (I am persuadable to adaptation to an extent that it makes sense).

I thought I should yet again clarify this before someone inevitably takes my posts out of intended context. Regards.
thank you for your mods, I remember the leap of faith and how quickly you managed to get that mod out, i loved the mod you made, since i was struggling with all the various routes etc. I really appreciate your work and honesty thanks again :)

monkeyposter_7

Thirsty for my Guest
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2018
monkeyposter_7 did us all a solid and moved the VN build to RenPy 8... all the way from the previous wayyy obsolete 7.4.2
i had some reports of players experiencing stuttering/lagging animations, it's not crazy but noticeable. for me they run smooth. any ideas why this is? old hardware perhaps or something else?

Reactions: Soulafein

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
i had some reports of players experiencing stuttering/lagging animations, it's not crazy but noticeable. for me they run smooth. any ideas why this is? old hardware perhaps or something else?
Yes, you nailed it. R8 is a bit more memory demanding than R6/R7. The animations will actually run better for most folks tbh. I always recommend folks use their dedicated GPU if available. It's not a crazy resource hog but the older the PC, the more they will always lag over more time with new software as you obviously know.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm going to be honest folks... I'm so glad that this is the non-SE variant as the SanchoCheats section is being a bitch to recode. I had it to near perfection for S3 and now I've raised the bar on myself. It will require more than one glass of whiskey that's for sure... which just gave me a fantastic idea... I'm going to go do just that.

myukimo

Nov 18, 2021
R8 is already expected to have a minimum of 3 or 4GB graphics. With an RTX 2080 with a 4GB overclock the animations have a maximum peak of 46%. Probably a 4GB GTX 1650 can have peaks of 60%. The animations are 4.5/5 it is the best game in animations ;)

Reactions: monkeyposter_7

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okey-dokey... I've finished the cheats, the stat screens, the gallery, the choice guide, etc. I now have only the minor GUI tweaking to do and to physically play (speedrun) the game. Gotta play it to check it all. I've relayed some minor bugs to MonkeyPoster to evaluate. There's nothing big... just small issues that won't break anything. If it looks like SE will be a bit off I might release this new seasons' non-SE version so folks can play with it. It has all the features of the previous mod plus those added in the very latest Core such as the mod's isolated volume control, etc.

I'll post deets later as I haven't made any screen grabs while coding the port. Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Executive decision made. I'm going to release a rare non-SE version of the mod for the debut of S4E25. I need to cleanup final code, compile, and bench test but (you know the drill) if that all goes as planned I'll release it this evening (it's currently ~1900 hours here).
1679616241629.png
I'll make a release post both here and in the VN's thread when it's all done.

Note: This non-SE version will be replaced with the SE version once that VN version is publicly available. So, if you'd rather wait for the full SE version then by all means do just that. It's what I personally recommend tbh.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (S4E25 non-SE)

Go get you some.

Links in OP are updated accordingly.

Changlelog:
  • Updated feature - Updated to Core v7b
  • Updated feature - Updated SanchoCheats according to latest Core.
  • Updated feature - Improved the ChoiceGuide to be more uniform and informative.
  • New feature - The mod now has it's own separate volume control.
If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Arra64 and thegrimm

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I keep meaning to ask, since I haven't actually started this one yet (and this issue is one of the reasons): Are saves from the first season using the available mod compatible with your mod to start the second season, or would I have to play a vanilla run to use your mod going forward?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I keep meaning to ask, since I haven't actually started this one yet (and this issue is one of the reasons): Are saves from the first season using the available mod compatible with your mod to start the second season, or would I have to play a vanilla run to use your mod going forward?
I can't say I've tested that as I don't ever DL nor use other mods, but considering the save export code would have no reason to be tampered with my educated guess is that it's a 99% probability of being compatible by design alone... if that makes sense. In other words the export code only transfers the conditions of the VN's stock variables and nothing else. In theory you could just as easily use an export made while using SanchoMod inside a new season that is unmodded by simply importing that previous season's export. Same thing, it only transfers the VN's stock variable conditions and no other variables at all (nothing introduced by a mod).

I rambled on a bit there just to help it sink in what is happening when you export/import... it's non-mod related at the end of the day.

Edit: To elaborate a bit more - SanchoMod has never tampered with your export/import file. Think of this file as a dumpster that the dev uses to simply unload the current state of all the VN's stock variables into a data file. The import simply reads the state of these stock variables, sets them, then proceeds to the new "season" with those original stock variables in that particular state. Just thought I'd write this extra for 100% clarity of what is occurring behind the scenes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elhemeer

Azsouth

Mar 1, 2021
trying to play season 3 and downloaded the mod, but when I try to import a save or load up a save the game just freezes, I noticed that for some reason at the bottom it says that your mod is not installed correctly, not sure what I have to do to install it correctly since the main game has moved on to season 4 so I'd think the mod would be it's final iteration for season 3.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
trying to play season 3 and downloaded the mod, but when I try to import a save or load up a save the game just freezes, I noticed that for some reason at the bottom it says that your mod is not installed correctly, not sure what I have to do to install it correctly since the main game has moved on to season 4 so I'd think the mod would be it's final iteration for season 3.
"for some reason at the bottom it says that your mod is not installed correctly"
Reason: It's not installed correctly as stated. See post here for solution.

oJOK3Rx

Jun 13, 2017
Ive installed the season 2 mod on mac and the game crashes everytime it gets to title screen

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
So, I stopped by here to see if you had any news on the SE version release, and was surprised to see that you had went ahead and made a mod for this. Figured, since I had just finishing clearing my games to play list again, I would go ahead and go for this, get a bit of a heads start maybe. While playing, there was 1 error message I came across, right at the very end during the last scene right before it gave the choices of changing the POV etc., but was an easy one to skip past, and didn't have any more after that, just thought I would let you know just in case. Anyways, thank you for the mod. Was a great help.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
So, I stopped by here to see if you had any news on the SE version release, and was surprised to see that you had went ahead and made a mod for this. Figured, since I had just finishing clearing my games to play list again, I would go ahead and go for this, get a bit of a heads start maybe. While playing, there was 1 error message I came across, right at the very end during the last scene right before it gave the choices of changing the POV etc., but was an easy one to skip past, and didn't have any more after that, just thought I would let you know just in case. Anyways, thank you for the mod. Was a great help.
Ugh, damn alt-char renaming small bug here. Analyzing the code, currently the player must have viewed any of the stat screen's "event" stats. Then no bug. I can sort that out. Thank you for the report otherwise I might have never known since I always check the stat screens during the testing phase. Regards as always.

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes