Mod Ren'Py Thirsty for My Guest [S4 Ep. 28SE] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I was going by what is listed on , dev calls it first part of episode 26
Well, indeed bud... think about it: the first part of a cake is yet to be a cake. See? It's better if the dev stated "second part of Ep25" though, it's easier for folks to understand. It's a version number thing.

To be clear, this dev releases like this:
Episode 1 (non-SE), Episode 1 SE, Episode 1.5 (non-SE), Episode 2 (non-SE), Episode 2 SE, etc.

Last edited:

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Well, indeed bud... think about it: the first part of a cake is yet to be a cake. See? It's better if the dev stated "second part of Ep25" though, it's easier for folks to understand. It's a version number thing.

Yeah, yeah, it's been a very long night and today, and I've messed up pretty badly last night on something, and it's carrying over...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yeah, yeah, it's been a very long night and today, and I've messed up pretty badly last night on something, and it's carrying over...
Don't sweat it, it's not a big deal at all bud. See my edited post so you know how the dev sequences releases (numbering and non-SE/SE). That'll make it clear I reckon. This has always been his release sequence MO to date.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Don't sweat it, it's not a big deal at all bud. See my edited post so you know how the dev sequences releases (numbering and non-SE/SE). That'll make it clear I reckon. This has always been his release sequence MO to date.
It is somewhat clear, still oddball to call it episode 25.5 when it's episode 26, not really that important, it doesn't look that many people play the game since you are the only one who point it out.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It is somewhat clear, still oddball to call it episode 25.5 when it's episode 26, not really that important, it doesn't look that many people play the game since you are the only one who point it out.
It's Episode 26 in this sense: the site here missed 25SE which was the finalization of Ep25. Now we start toward Ep26 and 25.5 is the first path toward that. Actually the series is extremely popular. It's one of my most heavily DL'd mods each update... granted there was a falling off a bit after Season 3. The dev has upped his humor game and animations so hopefully that gets him through this season.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
It's Episode 26 in this sense: the site here missed 25SE which was the finalization of Ep25. Now we start toward Ep26 and 25.5 is the first path toward that. Actually the series is extremely popular. It's one of my most heavily DL'd mods each update... granted there was a falling off a bit after Season 3. The dev has upped his humor game and animations so hopefully that gets him through this season.
I understand why it's missed sometimes, $25 is a lot for someone to be a "hero". But like other games isn't the SE just some extra animations/images etc? And by that extension there isn't technically any missing content for main story of the game?

I was going by comments, it's been out for a while and barely any comments about it, some games there are a dozen pages in a couple hours after it comes out.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I understand why it's missed sometimes, $25 is a lot for someone to be a "hero". But like other games isn't the SE just some extra animations/images etc? And by that extension there isn't technically any missing content for main story of the game?

I was going by comments, it's been out for a while and barely any comments about it, some games there are a dozen pages in a couple hours after it comes out.
Apologies, had a client show up so had to spend some time there.. regarding SE's, I view them as not only the extension of "bonus" scenes but also the finalization that (should) have all bugs and grammaticals sorted. It's why I generally only mod the SE variants... as to me that's the real "final" product of the episode. It can be argued otherwise but there's always a few bugs and many grammatical issues in the non-SE variants (the best "Beta" testers are always the mass public, it's why gaming companies have gotten lazy in-house... the public will buy the game and scream at each bug found... no need for as many employees that way). Just my 2 cents.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Apologies, had a client show up so had to spend some time there.. regarding SE's, I view them as not only the extension of "bonus" scenes but also the finalization that (should) have all bugs and grammaticals sorted. It's why I generally only mod the SE variants... as to me that's the real "final" product of the episode. It can be argued otherwise but there's always a few bugs and many grammatical issues in the non-SE variants (the best "Beta" testers are always the mass public, it's why gaming companies have gotten lazy in-house... the public will buy the game and scream at each bug found... no need for as many employees that way). Just my 2 cents.
Yeah, honestly if I was a game dev I wouldn't mind a beta leaking it would give more feedback than a just few people testing it, just my 2 cents.

Alright, yeah so SE will have bugs/spelling errors etc, but the main thing is the story is all there, you are just missing the bonus scenes which one could say don't effect the overall story, always viewed that kind of stuff as a thank you to paying customers.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Well, just finished what the Dev had, including the start of Day 26, odd way of doing it, but anyways, no problems I came across from your mod. Thank you so very much for your work on this!!!

Reactions: Sancho1969

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017

Another massive overhaul of core mod with 1,000's of cumulative hours in development

So you spent the same amount of time modding this game as it took making it - instead of making your own game which would likely be faster since you know the code? Way to go. ;)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
So you spent the same amount of time modding this game as it took making it - instead of making your own game which would likely be faster since you know the code? Way to go. ;)
Don't be silly, hours are cumulative for the mod Core bud...not the VN itself.

althworld

May 12, 2018
Does the mod have an incest patch? Asking cause I saw the 'too many features to list' section, and it seems the mod's incompatible with the season 2 incest patch that has no other compatible walkthrough.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Does the mod have an incest patch? Asking cause I saw the 'too many features to list' section, and it seems the mod's incompatible with the season 2 incest patch that has no other compatible walkthrough.
Older post here answers that bud. There's other posts in this thread discussing it a bit but that one summarizes it best I believe.

althworld

May 12, 2018
Older post here answers that bud. There's other posts in this thread discussing it a bit but that one summarizes it best I believe.
Ah, I see. I thought it was an incest game cause I saw someone recommending it in a thread somewhere. I... should've paid more attention to the tags and the synopsis. That was silly of me. Thanks.

SSJSonGoku

Apr 18, 2020
That's at the next choice menu for the next move after this screen:
View attachment 2447922
I'm having zero issue with it with or w/out the ChoiceGuide enabled:
View attachment 2447927

Did you load on that choice screen? The code is exactly the same as the previous chess move choices so if they didn't crash on you then that exact one shouldn't either. Need more info.
There is actually an error in the Mod.
Extracted Scripts.rpa
Decompiled script187.rpyc into script187.rpy

At line 1737 you typed:
smhigh"**"
Instead of:
smhigh="**"

I hope this helps.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
There is actually an error in the Mod.
Extracted Scripts.rpa
Decompiled script187.rpyc into script187.rpy

At line 1737 you typed:
smhigh"**"
Instead of:
smhigh="**"

I hope this helps.
The project I have and the one that should be listed in the OP has:

"Pawn f3"(smhigh="**")

at line 1737

You have some modified or old version of that mod bud... that was a very old bug that was sorted. That's what it looks like from here.

SSJSonGoku

Apr 18, 2020
The project I have and the one that should be listed in the OP has:

"Pawn f3"(smhigh="**")

at line 1737

You have some modified or old version of that mod bud... that was a very old bug that was sorted. That's what it looks like from here.
Uhm sorry but I have already re-downloaded it once again earlier today from the Mega Link in the OP, in this thread. Same issue. The OP Mega link has the "broken" version. I had a doubt I might have an older version so I tried re-downloading it, but that's the latest one here.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Uhm sorry but I have already re-downloaded it once again earlier today from the Mega Link in the OP, in this thread. Same issue. The OP Mega link has the "broken" version.
Okay... season 2 link noted. Thank you. I have no idea why the project I have on my server is not pushed to providers. I'll sort that.

Reactions: SSJSonGoku
4.00 star(s) 3 Votes