VN Ren'Py Abandoned Thrallworks: Orientation [v0.1] [TDL]

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
The writing is pretty good.
Art is of quality that if you squeeze your eyes a bit it's tolerable.

• Angry
Reactions: Vinitharya

Zxhu

Nov 30, 2018
Interesting concept, I don't think there's a way to not fail the Ty Lee scene although maybe you have to do something outside of the choices you choose? I tried each one and they all ended with the same end scene.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Dysphorika

TorteGrande

Dec 10, 2018
walkthrough for the mind control scene?
I keep failing the mind controlling Ty Lee scene. Any help?
Interesting concept, I don't think there's a way to not fail the Ty Lee scene although maybe you have to do something outside of the choices you choose? I tried each one and they all ended with the same end scene.
The text choices are of secondary importance. You also have to choose when to take the readings, that contributes more to your final score. The purpose of the text choices is largely to set up a situation to take 'good' readings. You might have to run the tutorial a couple times to figure out everything, but it does explain it.

If you want to cheat you can just use the scanner at every step, remember the stronger responses, then restore from a savegame and go through and pick them at the right times.

Once you know what to look for it should be possible to figure out when to take readings without using the scanner much/at all though.

Last edited:
Reactions: HentaiGamerN00b

Novadrone

Feb 7, 2018
The text choices are of secondary importance. You also have to choose when to take the readings, that contributes more to your final score. The purpose of the text choices is largely to set up a situation to take 'good' readings. You might have to run the tutorial a couple times to figure out everything, but it does explain it.

If you want to cheat you can just use the scanner at every step, remember the stronger responses, then restore from a savegame and go through and pick them at the right times.

Once you know what to look for it should be possible to figure out when to take readings without using the scanner much/at all though.
Pretty much this. Rather than forcing your will on her, you have to ease her into it. Each route uses different tactics. I think the outfit choice matters too. When I failed the Trust route, my character said that if he picked a less skimpy suit, it would have made a difference. Makes sense, considering the point of the route is to get her cooperation, rather than subjugate her. The furthest manipulation was convincing her that she was LD-19, not Ty Lee. Pretty sure I failed because overusing the scanner locked me out of getting the last reading.

TorteGrande

Dec 10, 2018
While I'm posting, my 2 cents on the game:

art - some of the best in the genre
gameplay - probably better than previous best in genre
writing - very good, on the level of a professional writer(hard to say it's best in genre unequivocally with the amount of competition, there are a lot of very talented writers out there)

hjuvusetrdfyg

Jun 17, 2019
The game has good art and the mind control is really well done. Setting up the triggers takes a bit getting used to, but the trigger scenes are really good. Looking forward to future updates.

quauwdsi

Oct 30, 2017
I believe TDL is the same author of a fantastic mind control Avatar fanfic written years ago.

Lake Laogai by The Dai Li:

bob837

Aug 18, 2017
i have reached a problem i success fully completed the mind control bit but it keeps crashing before it goes any further

Kotaru

Sep 3, 2018
Honestly, one of the best games. It has such great potential as it is right now. Its unfortunate, the lack of content after you 'break' her, but it was still fun nonetheless. I hope to be around when more content is released.

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020

I guided myself using the expressions and reactions of "Ty-Lee" to record for trigger later when needed, with doing that i obtain a classification of "A", the developers don't put so many overacting in "Ty-Lee" for nothing :ROFLMAO:.

Reactions: TorteGrande
May 8, 2021
Just saying but it's strange neither the tags nor the game's genre list mention mind control. It's pretty much the central theme and mechanics.

Not possible to find it by searching for thematic content, unless you already know about it, which is a shame.

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
Just saying but it's strange neither the tags nor the game's genre list mention mind control. It's pretty much the central theme and mechanics.

Not possible to find it by searching for thematic content, unless you already know about it, which is a shame.
If you played the game, it's more like a guided control than mind control. The Thrall can refuse indeed if you fail to do a good control point that makes the thrall cooperative, in those cases the security control in the Thrall body makes them impossible to do harm and there is two options; one is to destroy the failure Thrall, the other is become the failure Thrall into a Drone. Drone can't think by themselves, they are like IA's using Thralls like a puppet, in fact, if you check the twitter of developer you can see some images of the incoming ideas, one of them are the drones, inside the helmet they carry the Thrall seems to be put into a complete ecstasy or horror (depends of the initial configuration and failure control point i guess).

Novadrone

Feb 7, 2018
If you played the game, it's more like a guided control than mind control. The Thrall can refuse indeed if you fail to do a good control point that makes the thrall cooperative, in those cases the security control in the Thrall body makes them impossible to do harm and there is two options; one is to destroy the failure Thrall, the other is become the failure Thrall into a Drone. Drone can't think by themselves, they are like IA's using Thralls like a puppet, in fact, if you check the twitter of developer you can see some images of the incoming ideas, one of them are the drones, inside the helmet they carry the Thrall seems to be put into a complete ecstasy or horror (depends of the initial configuration and failure control point i guess).
I'd say that while you never do directly affect their actions, I'd say imprinting certain emotional senses to trigger phrases is enough to constitute mind control, even if the goal of the orientation is to get her to willingly submit to training.

May 8, 2021
Guided control is just a subtype of mind control. The author himself describes it as oblique mind control on Patreon. And if you do an ok job with triggers, it's a reliable form of mind control. The whole point of the game is to create a product with highly robust mental characteristics.

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
Guided control is just a subtype of mind control. The author himself describes it as oblique mind control on Patreon. And if you do an ok job with triggers, it's a reliable form of mind control. The whole point of the game is to create a product with highly robust mental characteristics.
Independently of what autor can said, with Mind Control the subject cannot by any means collaborate in the process, the game can adjust to hypnosis properly but not in mind control, Ty-Lee can accept her new reality but you can't reform her to forget the old reality or her roots by just saying "Now that we stablish that I'm trustworthy, I'll tell you that we are Gods that can copy people at any moment at anytime everywhere for our own purpose so, forget everything about that life you think you had 'cause you start living just right here the moment you open your eyes. I tell you the truth now that we are close enough when you state that I'm trustworthy".

The most near to mind control is when Thrall becomes Drone, but even that makes them like robots, to be mind control the subject must accept anything, everything you tell and feel everything you tell them to feel, and i don't see those things happening, yet...

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes