VN Ren'Py Abandoned Thrallworks: Orientation [v0.1] [TDL]

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
any news ?
Well... Lack of Prefix Tags we can say as much as finally the administrator or some kind of moderator did a check to this thread, the problem is that seems to not match pretty well the abandoned tag as T_D_L had post in his regularly (last post was 2023 january), as some other member has said, this must be catalog as vaporware, which in fact, is the most accurate term until the developer finally release a new build instead of selling dreams...

Abandoned: The game has been abandoned (confirmed by the dev) or the developer hasn't posted anything related to the game for at least 3 months.

Reactions: Dysphorika

Novadrone

Feb 7, 2018
has it actuwaly been abandond ?
Looks like the dev still has an active Patreon, and posts updates 2-3 times a month, with a mix of TW updates and art posts. It looks like he's porting the game over from Ren'py to Unity while improving it, which is why this version hasn't seen any updates in quite awhile.

por42

Sep 2, 2020
Looks like the dev still has an active Patreon, and posts updates 2-3 times a month, with a mix of TW updates and art posts. It looks like he's porting the game over from Ren'py to Unity while improving it, which is why this version hasn't seen any updates in quite awhile.
ok thanks

Illuminati00

Oct 27, 2022
Yeah, from what I've understood it is being worked on, just only on patreon.

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
Yeah, from what I've understood it is being worked on, just only on patreon.
He's porting the game since the first time he launch the demo version, when he had his account in the sewer called "twitter" he from time to time updated with ideas and art for the game, but no new release of anything done in Unity, truly that game doesn't fit in the abandoned tag, but there's no prove of any build done in Unity in the last two years (7 days left for two years of the op without update meanwhile i did this post) and most if we see the last pages in which some users here seems to be patreons of him at that time, because from a lil nonsense discussion the very same dev heard of it and make an account to respond here, but since then here was only silence after that... If the vaporware tag someday exist in this forum, that would be the more accurate unfortunately, i had a high expectations too...

Reactions: Illuminati00

Novadrone

Feb 7, 2018
He's porting the game since the first time he launch the demo version, when he had his account in the sewer called "twitter" he from time to time updated with ideas and art for the game, but no new release of anything done in Unity, truly that game doesn't fit in the abandoned tag, but there's no prove of any build done in Unity in the last two years (7 days left for two years of the op without update meanwhile i did this post) and most if we see the last pages in which some users here seems to be patreons of him at that time, because from a lil nonsense discussion the very same dev heard of it and make an account to respond here, but since then here was only silence after that... If the vaporware tag someday exist in this forum, that would be the more accurate unfortunately, i had a high expectations too...
I mean, most games aren't outright abandoned. The creator just fades away or shifts focus. If vaporware was a tag, it'd replace most of the abandoned games here.

As far as this game is concerned, the Ren'py version is Abandoned. When a version of the Unity game goes public, they can replace this page with new links and pictures.

Reactions: Dysphorika

Dysphorika

May 5, 2019
A lot of games aren't abandoned, just hidden behind paywalls and never leaked...

T_D_L

Apr 3, 2020
It is okay, neither did the Dev.
:cry:

Just thought I'd clarify on a few things, seeing as it has been a span!

It is correct to say the Ren'Py version won't be updated as I've shifted over to Unity, so this demo can still be considered 'abandoned'. It is incorrect to say the game itself will end up (or already is) Vaporware, though it has been more challenging than I thought to take advantage of Unity's features to add some cool stuff in; I'd say much of this 2 years delay was getting used to it, building smol side projects and the like to see what could be done, etc.

I haven't done a public update yet because, to be frank, I'd want a new public update to have more-and-better content in it than this old Ren'Py one, and it's not there yet. I've yet to reach the point in this new opening where I can connect the narrative into this demo's content- though I remain hopeful to get that done and a new public update out within the year.

I guess this is also why I've tampened down on public posting in general recently, in wanting to have a substantial-something to post about, but I guess it's probably better to have a consistent trickle rather than a flash flood.

At any rate, expect my next post about this to be here sooner, and thanks for stopping by.

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
:cry:

Just thought I'd clarify on a few things, seeing as it has been a span!

It is correct to say the Ren'Py version won't be updated as I've shifted over to Unity, so this demo can still be considered 'abandoned'. It is incorrect to say the game itself will end up (or already is) Vaporware, though it has been more challenging than I thought to take advantage of Unity's features to add some cool stuff in; I'd say much of this 2 years delay was getting used to it, building smol side projects and the like to see what could be done, etc.

I haven't done a public update yet because, to be frank, I'd want a new public update to have more-and-better content in it than this old Ren'Py one, and it's not there yet. I've yet to reach the point in this new opening where I can connect the narrative into this demo's content- though I remain hopeful to get that done and a new public update out within the year.

I guess this is also why I've tampened down on public posting in general recently, in wanting to have a substantial-something to post about, but I guess it's probably better to have a consistent trickle rather than a flash flood.

At any rate, expect my next post about this to be here sooner, and thanks for stopping by.
If do some progress on Unity have been troublesome, then give it a try to Godot, as GDScript is a very family friendly language that it will remember you Python as you came to do do a demo of a game in Ren'Py i think it wouldn't be so hard the learning curved, it's free, can do 2D and 3D shit with good manage on ram and friendly with old hardware (opengl 2 + 3)... It's not needed a constant public posting, you can leave that for the leakers ¬.¬... Something that would happen eventually you release a game update or official general public release of the game, if you are sure of a public update of the new build of your game (on whatever game engine of your choose) then ask to your Patreons about how often they would like to see new releases, there are games that have a long period of time between releases and usually are indeed between the top ten here in popularity, with luck two or one update in the year, i hope for you to not burn yourself if you choose short time between updates, besides that, it would be helpful to you to do a progress tracker instead of giving dates of when the release will be public, moreover, when your financial supporters grow consider to hire a programmer that would ensure the code is clean, maintained and versioned, don't forget to look over possible sources of supporters as can be Steam or GOG, do not forget to promote yourself in shit like Picarto or Youtube to ppl have some (at least) indirect interaction with you beyond a paywall to attract possible supporters (and maybe, ppl who will end doing some videos about your game that it's still like free publicity).

Reactions: web720 and EWKAB
4.70 star(s) 3 Votes