VN Ren'Py Abandoned Thrallworks: Orientation [v0.1] [TDL]

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes
May 8, 2021
Independently of what autor can said, with Mind Control the subject cannot by any means collaborate in the process, the game can adjust to hypnosis properly but not in mind control, Ty-Lee can accept her new reality but you can reform her to forget the old reality or her roots by just saying "Now that we stablish that I'm trustworthy, I'll tell you that we are Gods that can copy people at any moment at anytime everywhere for our own purpose so, forget everything about that life you think you had 'cause you start living just right here the moment you open your eyes. I tell you the truth now that we are close enough when you state that I'm trustworthy".

The most near to mind control is when Thrall becomes Drone, but even that makes them like robots, to be mind control the subject must accept anything, everything you tell and feel everything you tell them to feel, and i don't see those things happening, yet...

It's not just hypnosis. Hypnosis build up an altered state of consciousness through sensory organs. Hypnotic music, hypnotic monologue, hypnotic imagery, that kind of thing. The techniques used in Thrallworks include hypnosis but is not limited to it and also include direct intervention into the thrall's brain that bypasses all sensory perception. The centerpiece of it is a literal invasive brain implant that records and activates desired neuron patterns in the brain on cue, with the effect efficiency depending on accuracy of matching recorded patterns to desired patterns. When used in correct contexts the instructor can sway the subject's thinking in whatever direction they want. It just takes many steps to get there instead of one step. It's not even clear that what you are describing cannot be achieved. From what has been revealed so far it should well be achievable for an experienced instructor to make a thrall exactly that gullible, but it would take a while to get there.

Why should these links set the definition authoritatively? I can provide just as many links to MC forums and story archives like fiction.live with many MC-tagged stories where mind control methods don't match your definition by not being unlimited one step buttons. This is the first time I hear anyone insisting a definition of mind control must be necessarily restricted in this way and I've been in it for a long time.

Neither limitation in speed nor verbal participation of the victim make mind control not mind control. Mind control is an ability to achieve a desired state of mind in the individual that is well beyond the scope of mundane persuasion. It can be gradual, it can be partial, or it can be aggressive and complete. Nothing in the term indicates only instant and total mind control qualifies as such. No more than elemental control necessarily indicates only complete and immediate control of elements.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dysphorika

Novadrone

Feb 7, 2018
Independently of what autor can said, with Mind Control the subject cannot by any means collaborate in the process, the game can adjust to hypnosis properly but not in mind control, Ty-Lee can accept her new reality but you can't reform her to forget the old reality or her roots by just saying "Now that we stablish that I'm trustworthy, I'll tell you that we are Gods that can copy people at any moment at anytime everywhere for our own purpose so, forget everything about that life you think you had 'cause you start living just right here the moment you open your eyes. I tell you the truth now that we are close enough when you state that I'm trustworthy".

The most near to mind control is when Thrall becomes Drone, but even that makes them like robots, to be mind control the subject must accept anything, everything you tell and feel everything you tell them to feel, and i don't see those things happening, yet...

Would it help if the author of the game literally posted art of the game on his Deviantart account with a mind_control tag? He also posts that same stuff on Hypnohub, which is a booru dedicated to hypnosis and mind control.

In any case, the idea of a tagging system is to help users find games that fit their interests, and this game either fits the bill perfectly or is similar enough to mind control to warrant the tag. If we're going to delve into technicalities on if altering someone's state of mind constitutes mind control, why not just add a hypnosis tag instead.

May 8, 2021
Would it help if the author of the game literally posted art of the game on his Deviantart account with a mind_control tag? He also posts that same stuff on Hypnohub, which is a booru dedicated to hypnosis and mind control.

In any case, the idea of a tagging system is to help users find games that fit their interests, and this game either fits the bill perfectly or is similar enough to mind control to warrant the tag. If we're going to delve into technicalities on if altering someone's state of mind constitutes mind control, why not just add a hypnosis tag instead.

Exactly. I know for a fact that many people interested and creatively involved in mind control are looking for and creating this kind of content, like subliminal insertion and conversational triggers used incrementally to gradually rewrite characters. However one prefers to define something, it's already used and is useful to lots of people in a certain way. Not tagging it accordingly because of another definition guarantees many of them won't find the content, at least on this site.

Last edited:

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
It's not just hypnosis. Hypnosis build up an altered state of consciousness through sensory organs. Hypnotic music, hypnotic monologue, hypnotic imagery, that kind of thing. The techniques used in Thrallworks include hypnosis but is not limited to it and also include direct intervention into the thrall's brain that bypasses all sensory perception. The centerpiece of it is a literal invasive brain implant that records and activates desired neuron patterns in the brain on cue, with the effect efficiency depending on accuracy of matching recorded patterns to desired patterns. When used in correct contexts the instructor can sway the subject's thinking in whatever direction they want. It just takes many steps to get there instead of one step. It's not even clear that what you are describing cannot be achieved. From what has been revealed so far it should well be achievable for an experienced instructor to make a thrall exactly that gullible, but it would take a while to get there.
I'm not denying that later in-game can be possible to have a Thrall's mind like clay in the hands of MC, as you stated and amplifying it i'll tell ya that Thrall's bodies have quimical depositories that helps the MC to sedate a Thrall if is needed to calm her (maybe later can be useful for other kind of drugs). But as now that it can be seen in the present build, it adjust only as a hypnosis because there is needed:

1. Cooperation.
2. Set neuron patterns correctly to make a trigger via session.
3. Use the trigger correctly.

In mind control, you don't need permission of the subject (victim) to do what you want, you drug, hypnotize, beat, private of sleep and food, isolate, trick into a reward system, etc... In the case of the Thrall's like Ty-Lee, they are still the copy of a person's mind and they can refuse if neuron pattern are weak, even when you convince her after effect past there is a bit of doubt in her, which only makes me understand that the technique use is to make a Thrall comfortable while not destroying their persona which is more likely in mind control because at difference with hypnosis, the mind controlled subject can't object, the values, the knowing and all kind of stuff is molded to the desire of the person who is in control, Ty-Lee per example, she accepts her "New Name" not only by the trigger's effect but 'cause of similarities she found between her "Old Name" and the new one, so in a basis (as far as i could understand) she still considers herself as Ty-Lee but in a different place with a nickname.

Why should these links set the definition authoritatively? I can provide just as many links to MC forums and story archives like fiction.live with many MC-tagged stories where mind control methods don't match your definition by not being unlimited one step buttons. This is the first time I hear anyone insisting a definition of mind control must be necessarily restricted in this way and I've been in it for a long time.
It will be more convincing if a found a book in google with the professional definition of mind control?. I'll example you this situation, imaging that a new game is posted in F95ZONE and have the vaginal sex tag so, fans of the tag download and play but discovers that the initial public release of that game just have a dry hump scene where the penis out rub closely the vagina but there is no penetration. Now seriously, would you consider that vaginal sex?. As you, i've seen too many stories related to the subject (mind control) and read something too, but the time i have in this forum, it seems very important if the game adjust to the definitions, if mods don't put the tag is by consideration of them.

Neither limitation in speed nor verbal participation of the victim make mind control not mind control. Mind control is an ability to achieve a desired state of mind in the individual that is well beyond the scope of mundane persuasion. It can be gradual, it can be partial, or it can be aggressive and complete. Nothing in the term indicates only instant and total mind control qualifies as such. No more than elemental control necessarily indicates only complete and immediate control of elements.
As you said, "It can be gradual, it can be partial, or it can be aggressive and complete", which makes me recall many games with a future tag of pregnancy that still cannot be put because they are still too green for that so, maybe because the Thrall's mind is not clay in machinations of MC could be the reason why mind control is not in the tag right now.

May 8, 2021
I'm not denying that later in-game can be possible to have a Thrall's mind like clay in the hands of MC, as you stated and amplifying it i'll tell ya that Thrall's bodies have quimical depositories that helps the MC to sedate a Thrall if is needed to calm her (maybe later can be useful for other kind of drugs). But as now that it can be seen in the present build, it adjust only as a hypnosis because there is needed:

1. Cooperation.
2. Set neuron patterns correctly to make a trigger via session.
3. Use the trigger correctly.
We clearly operate on different definitions of hypnosis as well. Like I said, hypnosis is something that must build up through sensory organs. It's a data stream that builds up the effect by going through sensory pathways. That's why we always have a hypnotic imagery, hypnotic music, audio, monologue, even tactile affect when we deal with hypnosis. What they have in thrallworks however goes beyond it and is qualitatively different because the audial back and forth doesn't in itself contain the hypnotizing effect. It is instead contained in the operation of the recording and neuron activating implant which bypasses sensory organs altogether by directly hijacking the biomechincal basis of higher brain functions. By uttering a trigger you command the implanted computer to activate or suppress a certain neuron pattern. It can be in principle tied to any cue, like virtual push of a button on AR screen or mental command.

Also, we already have content in the game where subjects have been radically reshaped by other instructors because we have access to data on examples of their work's results. So radically changing their mind is more than a possibility, it's a demonstrably achievable goal.
In mind control, you don't need permission of the subject (victim) to do what you want, you drug, hypnotize, beat, private of sleep and food, isolate, trick into a reward system, etc... In the case of the Thrall's like Ty-Lee, they are still the copy of a person's mind and they can refuse if neuron pattern are weak, even when you convince her after effect past there is a bit of doubt in her, which only makes me understand that the technique use is to make a Thrall comfortable while not destroying their persona which is more likely in mind control because at difference with hypnosis, the mind controlled subject can't object, the values, the knowing and all kind of stuff is molded to the desire of the person who is in control, Ty-Lee per example, she accepts her "New Name" not only by the trigger's effect but 'cause of similarities she found between her "Old Name" and the new one, so in a basis (as far as i could understand) she still considers herself as Ty-Lee but in a different place with a nickname.
Permission is not an on/off switch, it has infinitely many degrees of relevance. In Thrallworks you don't need anything remotely approaching what can be recognized as a fair permission. Even with the less invasive route the result is still achieved through a combination of coercion with invasive neuronal hijacking the thrall has no idea is occurring, tapping into the reward system included, and greased with disinformation that boxes them in and limits their agency. It's an incremental process with many steps where each step is limited in how much it can achieve, but it doesn't mean the thrall has meaningful control over their ultimate fate. The instructor can mess up and run into a dead-end but mind control is not defined by impossibility of error by the user. If he maps out the conversation carefully, suppresses suspicion with a well-sampled trigger, and refrains from speeding up the process too much too early, there is no real possibility for the thrall to defy their intent. Meanwhile with the maximally invasive route where they leverage the PCU more, if the instructor does a remotely competent job, you don't need their permission in any meaningful sense at all.

We are at the first phase of a multi-step mind control procedure. Of course it's effect is limited so far and there can and should be some lingering opposition in the thrall. Exactly why the process should only be instant to be defined as mind control?

Look, you are describing your preferred definition of MC where it's very narrowly defined as not requiring any subject input at all and achieves arbitrary mind state instantly or nearly so. I don't deny and acknowledge that it has the right to exist and other people can share the preference. But with respect, you don't have more monopoly than anybody else to set definitions for all. It's an opinion that is no more valid than those of other people that use the term differently and find it convenient in that way.

I hope you can acknowledge the rights for different definitions, for the reason described in my previous post. I and many other people would find your definition unnecessarily and arbitrary restrictive. Abilities referred to as "X control" aren't typically limited to only instant and total instances of control over X. Like with weather control, plenty of examples limited in some way. And guided control that you referred to is way too confusing because it fails to provide any information on control over what is being exercised.
It will be more convincing if a found a book in google with the professional definition of mind control?. I'll example you this situation, imaging that a new game is posted in F95ZONE and have the vaginal sex tag so, fans of the tag download and play but discovers that the initial public release of that game just have a dry hump scene where the penis out rub closely the vagina but there is no penetration. Now seriously, would you consider that vaginal sex?. As you, i've seen too many stories related to the subject (mind control) and read something too, but the time i have in this forum, it seems very important if the game adjust to the definitions, if mods don't put the tag is by consideration of them.

As you said, "It can be gradual, it can be partial, or it can be aggressive and complete", which makes me recall many games with a future tag of pregnancy that still cannot be put because they are still too green for that so, maybe because the Thrall's mind is not clay in machinations of MC could be the reason why mind control is not in the tag right now.
Yes but a professional definition of mind control doesn't exist because it's a fictional phenomenon. Vaginal sex has a far more robust definition because it exists and has a definition that relies on actual professional, i.e. medical and legal, basis. Definitions there are necessary very strict unlike with inconsequential fictional terms, like the definition of a dragon. There is no professional definition of how exactly tall a titan should be to qualify as a titan.

It's not an appropriate comparison. A degree of control is still an instance of control whereas dry humping is not an instance of vaginal sex. Vaginal sex necessarily involves penetration of the vagina and this definition is universally accepted. I see no evidence that the definition of Mind Control as limited to total and immediate control over any mental state in the subject is universally accepted. Indeed I have seen a lot of evidence to the contrary, both specific and more general. Like I said, "___ control" ability doesn't necessarily refer to unlimited control over ____. If I need to consult wind spirits and perform a multi-step ritual to make it rain I can still safely say I exercise weather control. There is no clear reason why when X is "mind" it should be different.

Last edited:
May 8, 2021
Here's a novel idea guys, can we take the whole debate over mind control/guided control/hypnosis, file it under WGAF and just enjoy the game?
I GAF because I would like the game to be tagged in a way that interested audience could find it more easily. But I will stop the exchange as long as I am not quoted. Since I didn't quote anyone to begin with.

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
Given that there is no 'guided control' or 'hypnosis' tag, the only one you could use is 'mind control'. So if this game has any element that could be considered 'mind control' no matter what the source, that's the tag to use. It's really that simple.

May 8, 2021
Given that there is no 'guided control' or 'hypnosis' tag, the only one you could use is 'mind control'. So if this game has any element that could be considered 'mind control' no matter what the source, that's the tag to use. It's really that simple.
I agree but as you can see its not that simple for everybody.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
a multiversal BM Company [...]

[...]thralls well know throughout the multiverse.
This isn't a fanfic game, is it? I don't recognize any characters in the previews, but that kind of phrasing is often a red flag that a game is about using existing characters, which is a dealbreaker for me. The premise interests me, but not if it's just like, "Go to Hogwarts to brainwash Hermione and then hop over to the Dragonball universe to rape Bulma."

Last edited:

Novadrone

Feb 7, 2018
This isn't a fanfic game, is it? I don't recognize any characters in the previews, but that kind of phrasing is often a red flag that a game is about using existing characters, which is a dealbreaker for me. The premise interests me, but not if it's just like, "Go to Hogwarts to brainwash Hermione and then hop over to the Dragonball universe to rape Bulma."
The setting is that Thrallworks is a company that captures versions of different girls from throughout the multiverse, then trains them as various kinds of slaves. In this game specifically, you're only training Ty Lee, a character from Avatar: The Last Airbender, to be a Dancer. So far, all you're doing is meeting her for the first time, and convincing her to do it, while also implanting trigger phrases that force certain emotions through her head. There are three main routes (Trust, Fear, and Guilt), and various dialogue options within each path.

The other girl you see in the preview images is Cerise. She's a character original to this game, and acts as your assistant.

If it helps, this game only focuses on one character. It's not like Star Channel 34, which throws dozens of different girls your way. If you like the premise, I'd recommend giving it a shot.

Reactions: Gamara
May 8, 2021
The setting is that Thrallworks is a company that captures versions of different girls from throughout the multiverse, then trains them as various kinds of slaves. In this game specifically, you're only training Ty Lee, a character from Avatar: The Last Airbender, to be a Dancer. So far, all you're doing is meeting her for the first time, and convincing her to do it, while also implanting trigger phrases that force certain emotions through her head. There are three main routes (Trust, Fear, and Guilt), and various dialogue options within each path.

The other girl you see in the preview images is Cerise. She's a character original to this game, and acts as your assistant.

If it helps, this game only focuses on one character. It's not like Star Channel 34, which throws dozens of different girls your way. If you like the premise, I'd recommend giving it a shot.
This game only focuses on one character so far. The creator's plan is to have 3 other girls for a total of 4, and create all 3 types of thralls out of each of them (Pleasure, Work and Luxury). Each subtype would be different so all 12 (i.e. [Pet, Harem, Domine, Amazon], [Maid, Labourer, Secretary, Praetorian], [Noble, Ponygirl, Dancer, Gladiator]) can be covered.

Those who've followed the development closely already have a clue who else will be thralled. Ty Lee will most likely be the only character from Avatar that will be conditioned by the MC. Other characters from this universe are being processed by different Instructors and will have cameos.

But it will take a while to get there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamara

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Ty Lee, a character from Avatar: The Last Airbender
Ugh, damn. I was hoping it was just something that simply involved multiple universes as a concept, like as an excuse to include multiple genres and settings in the plot, rather than using it as an excuse to use characters from existing franchises. And no, being about just one character doesn't help. Even if it's a character I've never heard of, it's a dealbreaker for me, especially if it's porn of a character that wasn't made for porn.

There should *really* be a tag for this kind of thing, honestly. It's certainly a big enough deal for people to want to search for it or filter it out of their searches. I won't actively complain about a game like this existing, but it should be easier to find or avoid.

Malroth00

Nov 10, 2017
Could we get a walkthrough to know what paticular lines we've got to scan and remember? It's pretty annoying having to save and reload every line just to realise that you diddn't quite have enough to avoid breaking her at the end.

• Red Heart

SecondOrion

Apr 30, 2020
Am I the only one who has this game crashing repeatedly every few minutes? If anyone else has resolved this problem please let me know.

themurry18

Nov 30, 2018
the cerebral monitor will not work for some reason it just shows a black screen what am i doing wrong or is it a bug i keep running into

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
the cerebral monitor will not work for some reason it just shows a black screen what am i doing wrong or is it a bug i keep running into
Click on blanck screen and you'll see the patterns, depending of how relevant is the mental configuration, the patterns could be great in details.

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
just try that still nothing i clicked trigger phrase still nothing
When beginning the game, don't click on the red cristal, only on the black screen "Check CMS", after selecting the 3 red cristal all the patterns for the trigger will be done and can't be changed.
Captura de pantalla_2021-07-23_18-26-58.png Captura de pantalla_2021-07-23_18-25-31.png

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes