Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Xero013

Apr 12, 2020
LOL, long time since last visit here, did not think jman being such a toxic asshole in the end.

Login to grab map that i done for Era Drakonis and decided to check this thread too.

Are you planning on resuming work on Era Drakonis or can we consider that fully and completely abandoned now?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Well, I worked a little bit on DDM over the last year. Put some wolves and elk in the forest, made animals steal your prey, split the 'horse and elf' into 'horse and elf/elk and elf', collected resources to add a 25th lair (a roadside church); tested things up to dragon size 8, including the lair site discovery rework, kobold tribe and making patrols retreat; maybe a few more things. Was psyching myself up to take on the rebalancing of combat stats due to the new mechanics I added to Attack Mastery. I was more than 50% sure this was to be the summer I was going to take the time to actually make a new version and think about sharing it again.

Came back to see what had transpired in the meanwhile to... this. :( As you might imagine, my motivation collapsed to the floor like a sack full of kobolds. An ironic if ultimately fitting end to three years of F95-ites (mostly) abiding by the deal I offered when DDM was discontinued.

While motivation could possibly be recovered in another year or three, I don't honestly think I can continue to work on a public mod for a game whose author is openly hostile to me.

I'm a bit busy right now, and snap decisions aren't a good idea anyway. So I'll think it over a bit and come back when I have some longer stretches free time - probably end of June/start of July. It's likely going to mean putting an end to my participation in adult game development for good and permanently unrooting myself from those communities, since it seems to bring nothing but grief to me now.

I wish you luck with Era Drakonis and hope it will become a worthy successor one day.

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 8 Votes