VN Ren'Py Abandoned TimeFuck [v0.45] [Omniwang]

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes

touchmyligma

Dec 29, 2017
I dont understand why people cant just move on but feel the need to take the time and hate in some threads. If u dont like the game, nobody forces u to play it and i think lol nvm this "game" is garbage.
just wanted to be part of the thread when it gets archived as worst game of the month or something like that.
because negative feedback is also a thing. Dev's aren't 10 year olds on a baseball team getting participation awards, they should be able to take criticism.

Omniwang

Sep 18, 2017
Hey, I made this and I wanted the criticism. I messaged DarkCookie about using the character and the moment anything is "over the line", I would remove it. Mind you, it's a game where absolutely none of the characters are original. They all came from somewhere. I originally posted it in Development to see if I could get help from artists or anyone to clean it up more for a better official release. It's just an early proof of concept alpha and I didn't have any help on any of it. (Actually no, I paid someone for the Eric render.) If it looks terrible now, half of that is intentional, half of that is because I came here looking to not have it look like garbage in a later iteration. I've got the resources to make it into a better game but no contacts yet. Any leads would be welcome.

giraffe69

Feb 13, 2018
Hey, I made this and I wanted the criticism. I messaged DarkCookie about using the character and the moment anything is "over the line", I would remove it. Mind you, it's a game where absolutely none of the characters are original. They all came from somewhere. I originally posted it in Development to see if I could get help from artists or anyone to clean it up more for a better official release. It's just an early proof of concept alpha and I didn't have any help on any of it. (Actually no, I paid someone for the Eric render.) If it looks terrible now, half of that is intentional, half of that is because I came here looking to not have it look like garbage in a later iteration. I've got the resources to make it into a better game but no contacts yet. Any leads would be welcome.
Start by making something original something that you can call your.You paid for somebody for Eric render why???
Why spend time money on something that even you know that nobody will like.From what i can read even you don't know what you want to do with your game or where to start.There are no leads try to make them by making your game.

Reactions: kakaok2o

Omniwang

Sep 18, 2017
Start by making something original something that you can call your.You paid for somebody for Eric render why???
Why spend time money on something that even you know that nobody will like.From what i can read even you don't know what you want to do with your game or where to start.There are no leads try to make them by making your game.
I've got all three episodes mapped out and know exactly what I'm doing narrative wise. I've made games through Renpy before but they've never had any art at all to worry about. I'm already making my own game that is pretty much inspired by taking existing characters and integrating them into an original game, similar to, off the top of my head, Something Unlimited or Four Elements Trainer.

If the problem is with me using Roxy - something I didn't hide from the audience or the creator and am deliberately replacing with a claymation character in the future - I'll totally remove that from the game. But my admittedly weird looking alpha isn't any more derivative than a lot of things here. It just needs an artist on payroll.

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017
The problem is DarkCookie stated he did not give you permission to use his assets for money and such. The moment a pricetag is on that game the moment you crossed the line. He made it very clear that he is not liking the fact you just simply put assets in. Just b/c you asked doesn't make it okay to actually use it, unless you got an actual answer from him stating you can. If there is no response assume that is not permission to use that dev's assets.

I am a moderator on that server and its been brought to our attention. Just pointing that out now.

Reactions: Domiek

Omniwang

Sep 18, 2017
The problem is DarkCookie stated he did not give you permission to use his assets for money and such. The moment a pricetag is on that game the moment you crossed the line. He made it very clear that he is not liking the fact you just simply put assets in. Just b/c you asked doesn't make it okay to actually use it, unless you got an actual answer from him stating you can. If there is no response assume that is not permission to use that dev's assets.

I am a moderator on that server and its been brought to our attention. Just pointing that out now.
I am more than fine with removing it. This wasn't meant to be an official release. I didn't create this thread, I created the "help me I've made a demo with a ton of placeholders" thread. The only intent in any of my posts on this game is to find an artist, not to release a game. I will remove Roxy immediately.

Reactions: botc76

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017
I am more than fine with removing it. This wasn't meant to be an official release. I didn't create this thread, I created the "help me I've made a demo with a ton of placeholders" thread. The only intent in any of my posts on this game is to find an artist, not to release a game. I will remove Roxy immediately.
Well just realize that you will get a lot of heat if you simply post a game and such with other game assets and it can get you in deep trouble on patreon as well. Even if it is a proof of concept. Like the idea in general actually and would love to see this get going. But understand why ppl here got really angry fast. ;)

Reactions: Omniwang

DarkCookie

Summertime Saga
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2018
Hi, this is DarkCookie. Users on Discord kept messaging me about this comment (and your project),so I had to make an account to clear things up quickly.

I never gave you (or anyone) authorisation to use SummertimeSaga assets for monetisation/profit. Since your project is hosted on Patreon and is using our copyrighted assets I'm obliged to issue a DCMA notice to get your page shut down, unless you remove all SummertimeSaga assets (and the current version of your game). Please make sure you do this relatively soon otherwise I'll have to proceed with the DMCA, and I can see you care about developing your own game so I don't want to just shut you down. You should really consider using your own created assets instead of using other people's work (unless you made freeware mods)!

Thanks!

-DC

goatwhisperer3

Jul 22, 2017
Reactions: botc76

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
@Silhouette of Scribe

I'm perfectly fine with piracy as a whole, but stealing assets from other creators in any form of media and passing it down as your own or not giving proper credit is pretty unacceptable. Doing so for money is much worse (which is the case here).

The examples you gave above, namely "Something Unlimited" and "Four Elements Trainer" are a parody of existing intellectual properties owned by "Warner Bros. DC Comics" and "Nickelodeon", but they're the authors own assets based of those IPs. It's perfectly fine to parody content to a certain extent under and if you use your own assets based on some else's no one is going to complain but credit should be given and be explicitly said so in the store front where you're "selling" your content (Patreon) so that people will know.

Omniwang

Sep 18, 2017
Please make sure you do this relatively soon otherwise I'll have to proceed with the DMCA, and I can see you care about developing your own game so I don't want to just shut you down. You should really consider using your own created assets instead of using other people's work (unless you made freeware mods)!

Thanks!

-DC

*ahem* I mean...

New build, even weirder than before!

Reactions: botc76 and DJD

kakaok2o

Apr 8, 2018
What can i see is just a doom of failure.Something that is and will be. Original is something made by you something that others don't have something that you have done first.For that you need to have original story,characters,background,soundtrack and many more thing.If you don't have even one of this things you have nothing just something that is not your.Why i am telling you this because i can see and know that you don't know what that is.As for Eric from Big Brother the game is Abandoned but it still has a owner so you still can't steal or use him for your game no matter how much better or shit you make him.
Even if it is a Beta or Alpha or even Demo it still shows what you want to do.For you it is much better to do something else because you are not really for making a game.

Omniwang

Sep 18, 2017
The original character that I copied was removed per the creator's request. As far as using a Daz3D model in my game goes: with games like Dating My Daughter, Man of the House, and Game Legends (the creator of which rendered my Eric) all sharing the same models with and without altered names I do not feel like I am taking anyone's property in a way that these popular games have not. I just did so with a punchline to underline the entire premise. ("Eric" is not even a love interest!) This is covered by parody and is blatantly credited in the game's narrative when necessary. Also, all of these creators are my idols, so whatever any of them says to me goes, as I've fully demonstrated. However there is precedent for marketing existing models on Patreon and even on this site to thunderous applause.

I understand that it's easy to object to this game because it's in such an early stage, but had this come out with fully realized art as Four Elements Trainer and Summertime Saga had, much less of this would be such a vocal issue. I only want to find a better artist than me (it's hard to be much worse) that I can give money to so I can offer you an original game that no one here has ever tried.

A time travel incest game with age progression and regression? A game that exists with Roger Rabbit live/toon interactions? A total grab bag of everyone from the animated universe in one fuckathon? Sure, I may not be the best person to draw it, but this should be produced and made to the highest level of quality possible. I'm just trying to get a ball rolling on something that I know could be marketable.

Crawdaddy

Aug 26, 2017
So, a satire of the adult games cottage industry and its awkward relationship with Patreon as a funding platform?

That's... kinda genius actually. Especially if the satire is taken to the max.

Shame about the art theft though, hope that'll get fixed. If nothing else, parody versions could be drawn.

Melvis

Sep 29, 2017
This reminds me of those people who release 'rewrites' of hentai manga. The subject desperately wants to contribute something (and reap the rewards therefrom), but lacks the skills necessary to contribute in a meaningful way. So instead they choose to contribute in a meaningless (and potentially harmful) way.
The problem is just throwing whatever you can into a seemingly endless landscape of digital content isn't really a contribution. If you have nothing of value to add, sometimes adding nothing at all is the best choice.

Reactions: DJD
3.30 star(s) 4 Votes