VN Ren'Py Abandoned TimeFuck [v0.45] [Omniwang]

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes

meigame

Engaged Member
Dec 2, 2017
ok. played it. roxy is gone so we can all relax, right? he thought it was parody, he apologized, he removed it, lets move on. as for the game. there might be something there. obviously needs art. the writing is all over the place. it has a few moments but needs better focus, more structure. But there are bigger ripoffs and worse written, drawn, and conceived stuff on this site. So maybe give the guy a little help and see if we can find a gem. or maybe I always back an underdog...

Reapergod36

Jun 23, 2017

Overview:
Timefuck is the game where you play as a typical protagonist living with his landlord and her daughter living a quiet life until an inventor runs you over with a time machine. Soon, you'll find yourself stuck in the past during your landlord's senior prom. You'll have to stop your father from taking your landlord to the prom, get back to the present and maybe even date your teacher in the past.

Timefuck is part Gumball, part Roger Rabbit, part Back to the Future, part Life is Strange, part Kana Imouto.

Updated: 04/Sep/18
Developer/Publisher: @Silhouette of Scribe -
Censorship: none
Version: 1.0001 (demo)
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Change-Log:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Download

If this is a visual novel, it needs the appropriate tag for the thread.

Reactions: GAB

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
a. it's a pirate game, made by a pirate, yes pirates take things. to think otherwise is to be retarded.
b. your landlord?!? so now we call our moms, landlord?

MegamanMegas

Aug 22, 2017
If you use stuff from another artist, you have to do the following:

1) Acknowledge the author and the content it derives from - This avoids plagiarism

2) Make it realized as a parody and do not use the content to make money. - This is acceptable under at least U.S. customs for copyright infringement

If people still have an issue, then that is on them. Humans are already in a terrible place due to reckless idiocy. If I were any of you, I would put my head down and avoid being known about. Less attention to one's self during these future precarious times, the better your chances will be see the light over the horizon. By the way, has anyone tried to contact the Zhor'i with a 2 watt laser and morse code and messaging their locations on the moon? Just asking, because it is very easy to confirm what I say to be true. You know nothing supports evidence better actual evidence and the best evidence is what you can confirm yourself.

Reactions: botc76

Swallows999

Grind Less, Fap More
Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
This reminds me of those people who release 'rewrites' of hentai manga. The subject desperately wants to contribute something (and reap the rewards therefrom), but lacks the skills necessary to contribute in a meaningful way. So instead they choose to contribute in a meaningless (and potentially harmful) way.
The problem is just throwing whatever you can into a seemingly endless landscape of digital content isn't really a contribution. If you have nothing of value to add, sometimes adding nothing at all is the best choice.
There's a guy that rewrites hentai manga with a Bogan Australian accent and it is glorious.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
If you use stuff from another artist, you have to do the following:

1) Acknowledge the author and the content it derives from - This avoids plagiarism

2) Make it realized as a parody and do not use the content to make money. - This is acceptable under at least U.S. customs for copyright infringement

If people still have an issue, then that is on them. Humans are already in a terrible place due to reckless idiocy. If I were any of you, I would put my head down and avoid being known about. Less attention to one's self during these future precarious times, the better your chances will be see the light over the horizon. By the way, has anyone tried to contact the Zhor'i with a 2 watt laser and morse code and messaging their locations on the moon? Just asking, because it is very easy to confirm what I say to be true. You know nothing supports evidence better actual evidence and the best evidence is what you can confirm yourself.
#2 i 1000% agree with, i have always hated pirates who sell things they got for free. they are scum. btw evidence can disappear, same with witnesses..... hahaha

MegamanMegas

Aug 22, 2017
#2 i 1000% agree with, i have always hated pirates who sell things they got for free. they are scum. btw evidence can disappear, same with witnesses..... hahaha
All humans are scum, but... I really don't have a problem with piracy as we come from pirates. It is kind of disrespectful to yourself to have a thing against piracy when you come from pirates. At least I feel that way. What I have a problem with is not acknowledging where it comes from and not trying to at least make the art original or if you cannot, then make the content free until you can get an artist or yourself to make stuff that is both good and original.

May 26, 2018
This whole thread is hilarious, because the majority of the people criticizing the dev don't seem to be paying attention to the timeline of events.

Yes, using assets without permission is a big no-no, and he probably shouldn't have put that on his Patreon. As he stated, they were only being used as placeholders and he came to this site looking for an artist. He didn't post this game here, it was put here as a game by someone else.

It would be like if I had an idea for a comic book story, but needed an artist. Since I can't draw for shit, I took magazine cutouts to make the storyboard and show to potential artists to see if they like the story. Then someone sees my storyboard, posts it online, and a whole bunch of critics start shouting about how I'm trying to make a comic book using nothing but magazine cutouts. That's what you are all doing, lol.

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sharing Is Caring
Donor
Former Staff
Mar 24, 2017
Stealing art from other artists, especially other Patreon artists isn't a good idea and will probably result in your Patreon being closed.
Yeah, thats something the dev should be ready for. If you want to spoof characters make your own wacked out version of them. I'd say its borderline tasteless, but i'm in no place to judge. :test:

MegamanMegas

Aug 22, 2017
This whole thread is hilarious, because the majority of the people criticizing the dev don't seem to be paying attention to the timeline of events.
I am the only one allowed to call out human stupidity, because when I do it is in reference to an actual greater intelligence. When you do so, it is in reference to yourself, which looks so awkward that I can see why you will respond if you respond by questioning the sanity of this statement, but in all honesty wouldn't that also be questioning your own sanity for why even bother saying "everyone but me isn't paying any attention" instead of "Guys, can you all chill for a sec."

Yes, using assets without permission is a big no-no, and he probably shouldn't have put that on his Patreon.
Only the Patreon part is valid. You can use other people's works whether they are Disney or not. I am sorry, Disney does not have galactic recognition and their work is being used whether they want to admit it or not making the whole case of attacking Americans (because I know Chinese and Indian people do use it without any repercussions) kind of anti-productive and trivial to say the least.

You just need accredit them as their own work to avoid plagiarism. I mean you are also suppose to write in own words, but... if you refer to work as a "parody" then that would get around that issue, you just got to find a way to put in something funny without it being as unfunny as Teen Titans Go.

As he stated, they were only being used as placeholders and he came to this site looking for an artist. He didn't post this game here, it was put here as a game by someone else.
You mean like Yandere Dev using what he is using as "placeholders." Right... That is why you accredit the people you are borrowing content from and you make your content "FREE." If you are not an artist, then you make the freaking story with all the possible ways it could progress and use enough detail language and you make money off that for the time being until you can hire someone from deviantart or where-ever to make the art for you.

It would be like if I had an idea for a comic book story, but needed an artist. Since I can't draw for shit, I took magazine cutouts to make the storyboard and show to potential artists to see if they like the story. Then someone sees my storyboard, posts it online, and a whole bunch of critics start shouting about how I'm trying to make a comic book using nothing but magazine cutouts. That's what you are all doing, lol.
You still should do things proper. I mean I cannot even draw stick figures to save my ass from being prison raped. Even I wouldn't charge a damn bit or seek any money whatsoever for my work pertaining to such and I would credit where my borrowed art comes from, so that those people are at least gaining recognition and if I am getting a lot of people interested in my work, they might also feel it as their interest to pursue to the original content.

So say I borrowed from DarkCookie. I took in the mom, aunt and sis and did my thing with them. As long as I credit him and somehow my shit gets popular and I don't make money off his work, then he will very likely gain more patrons to give him money because they might like his work and of course the greater exposure of his work is likely to contribute to such. Nevertheless, there are certain rules in place to prevent chaos and upsetting the integrity of the artists concerning their actual work or the agreements they have made with people who actually made their stuff.

Carnagie

Apr 30, 2017
I played it, seems funny so far.

Where's the original that had more stolen assets? I wanna play that one too.

Reactions: botc76

Titan1

Jul 12, 2017
I loved the fact that how DC didn't report him for piracy to the mods since he knows this is a piracy forum (lol would be so much fun to watch xd) but instead says what he will do via patreon.

I hope patreon won't start hunting creators down who have f95 account, bcs this is just priceless.

Omniwang

Sep 18, 2017
Well, I sold the Mustang and did some things Downtown I'm not proud of, but I managed to pay a programmer and artist to undo all the placeholders and polish everything up. If you had to play the concept demo, I'm so sorry. Give it to me straight, F95. Better? Needs more work? Let me know, I want to make a good game and need your input!

Downloads:
Patch:

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes