Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
I just tried to download it from the Mega link. It downloads quickly and then sits at 99% "Decrypting" for a long time (forever?). I don't know what's going on. If there's something I can do to fix this, please let me know.

Tlaero
Yes this is what it does before microsoft defender blocks it.

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
I just tried to download it from the Mega link. It downloads quickly and then sits at 99% "Decrypting" for a long time (forever?). I don't know what's going on. If there's something I can do to fix this, please let me know.

Tlaero
Apparently it is something to do with ren'py 32 bit being flagged as a false positive. It started showing up in v7.4.x Apparently most devs now don't include it. If you go back a page there is a rough explanation.

olsendriver

Nov 13, 2021
This is weird, multiple games, including new updates of games i previously played have been quarantined by Windows Defender. I do wonder if it's a series of false-positives since I have just updated Windows (11) to the latest version. Toro7 was stopped both from Mega and Mediafire from downloading.
I got the same. i get the same with the game next steps (4) [VN] - [Ren'Py] - Next Steps [v0.01.2] [AmazingB] | F95zone no other game so far.

boobsrcool

Apr 1, 2022
That was the best chapter yet Tlaero! It's too early to know for certain, but Reina might top Chloe as my favourite heroine of yours. She is a woman of contrasts. No-nonsense and domineering, but also deeply tragic and traumatized. It's very alluring.
I agree with jufot nelson

teabaiseach

Nov 12, 2017
One of the challenges with Renpy is that it runs from an exe that is pretty much the same for every game. So, if someone does make a trojan, it has the potential to make anti-virus programs suspect other Renpy games as well. I used to do all of my games in HTML, so the only exe was your own browser. One of the pros to that approach was that nothing ever thought it was a virus. (Another was that I didn't need to make separate PC and Mac distros.) But, invariably, the discussions about the games became about how they weren't Renpy, rather than about the games themselves. So I bent to the pressure.

Tlaero
I've actually seen these virus discussions on HTML games as well it doesn't need to be a exe. I assume the html games in question used some javascript library that was used by a trojan probably a minimizer script but who knows.

Really enjoying the game great work from y'all.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
One of the challenges with Renpy is that it runs from an exe that is pretty much the same for every game. So, if someone does make a trojan, it has the potential to make anti-virus programs suspect other Renpy games as well. I used to do all of my games in HTML, so the only exe was your own browser. One of the pros to that approach was that nothing ever thought it was a virus. (Another was that I didn't need to make separate PC and Mac distros.) But, invariably, the discussions about the games became about how they weren't Renpy, rather than about the games themselves. So I bent to the pressure.

Tlaero
If they anti-virus apps couldn't solve this the whole of Microsoft Office would be labeled as a virus. :)

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I played this recenty and i really like it one of my favourite characters is aisha i kinda wish i could romance her as a straight male ah well still a really good game.

Dysphorika

May 5, 2019
If Mega is giving you trouble, you can always get it from my official source.

PC/Linux:

Mac:

Tlaero
And that's why I wait for the "official" release.

ThisIsMe88

May 12, 2018
well devs with monthly and shorter release schedules have spoiled many players.
Consistently releasing on a tight schedule to reach maximum QUANTITY seems nice till one realizes that it burns out the people producing (the author in the case of this game here), for the project never to be finished in a satisfying manner to anyone.

I don't know about many devs with "monthly and shorter schedules" with the same high-standard output on the same media. We'll have to compare lists. To me the schedule of this game has seemed very reasonable so far.

In any case, I'd rather the author keep at what they've been doing, and that's focusing on QUALITY. Given their credentials, that's what they themselves seem to enjoy, what they're obviously good at, and dare I say expected to do since that's what most of their fans (especially the paying kind, I guess) play their games for.

Finally, there will always be a crowd that cannot be pleased, so yeah ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

My best to the author, their ongoing endeavour and my gratitude for the very enjoyable game(s).

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Now that went in a direction I didn't see coming.

Wonder if that's going to be a full love interest route or just a side bit. I did a run for that just in case with no other LI.
In that case I guess I have a more ... weird brain than most people because I did.
First hunch after Episode 1 was "Either Alien Alien or Human fabricated Alien". Plus the "It's complicated" for the reason very likely is because Adam was the one exchanging the compound and was specifically tasked to make contact with Reina aka. she got double revenge for a double treason with Adam being armed i.e. posed a threat to the entire crew on top.
That Reina is ending up an additional LI is relatively unlikely as I suspect the changes from the experiment are not yet finished and she in the near future either will loose the ability to breathe normal air or degenerate mentally. So a short-term LI at best. Given the multiple traumata Reina suffered a "No" is more likely, though. At least that is what would happen in a non-adult game/movie. Judging from the quality of storytelling and pacing in this AVN I do not expect a crass deviation.

Reactions: Dysphorika
4.40 star(s) 51 Votes